Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 06-21-2005, 02:12 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

I walked 2 miles during lunch

June Miles = 16.5
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 12:53 PM   #62  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

YEAH CATHY !!!

I'm still puting away at the dreadmill
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 02:02 PM   #63  

woooohoooo Leenie you go girl!

I just got back from walking 2 miles during lunch.

June Miles = 18.5
Old 06-25-2005, 12:39 PM   #64  

hey what's everybody been doing for exercise?

This morning I cleaned for 3 hours

and did a 30 minute 2 mile Walk & Kick dvd.

June Miles = 20.5
Old 06-27-2005, 12:25 PM   #65  
prepare for the BEST time

Monday--restarting myself into formal exercise (cleaning doesn't count)

15 mins of wts. and cardio mix.....I'm pooped out....
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 02:10 PM   #66  

I walked 2 mile during lunch

June Miles = 22.5
Old 06-27-2005, 03:09 PM   #67  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Going Girls !!!!!

Dreadmill for me
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 11:42 AM   #68  

28 minutes today, wts. and rebounder for Cardio..... I'm huffin & puffin.....but determined to get back on track!
Old 06-28-2005, 04:33 PM   #69  

I walked 2 miles during lunch

June Miles = 24.5
Old 06-29-2005, 01:23 PM   #70  

Pat me on the back please....I've made it 3 days in a row to exercise! 35 mins. of rebounder aerobics and wts!
Old 06-29-2005, 02:36 PM   #71  

You've just inspired me. I've been complaining it's too hot to exercise, but I can always crank up the air conditioner and use my shiny new rebounder that takes up half my living room. No more excuses!

Carla
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 03:36 PM   #72  

HEY CARLA!!!!! I don't know anyone else who does this......details PULEEEZE!!! how, what, do you do on it? which rebounder do you have? Mine is supposed to fold, but I'm *afraid* to try to, I might snap my nose or fingers off!

I do regular aerobics on the rebounder in a routine (sometimes fittv or personal trainer on Mag-Rack), and alternate with weight-work sets. I like having a top bar to hang onto, it seems to stabilize my back (i'm a klutz.... ) I think it's much more of a workout than it looks..I can get my HR into the high 130s with no pain, strain on my knees....

and yes it takes up a lot of space, but my kitties love to sleep on it when I'm not using it.....
Old 06-29-2005, 03:47 PM   #73  

Default exercise bras

Thanks again, Marble. I just did 2 x 5min on my rebounder. It's more work than I expected, but I'll try to make it a daily routine.

It took me 5 min to squeeze into an exercise bra. The first one I tried to put on was an absolute impossibility - couldn't pull it on no matter how I tried in this sweaty heat. I needed to sit down and rest a bit, but then finally squeezed into another one. I also decided to cut off the sleeves of an old running tee made of coolmax. That was so much better I decided to cut a vee into the neckline. It's definitely cooler, but so lo-cut I could get a job on a soap opera with it. Home wear only.

I also realized one of my excuses for not using the rebounder was that it was too much trouble to put on mt sox and sneakers. Everything we do burns calories, even putting on shoes.

Do I get extra exercise points for the bra battle and the shoes?

Sweaty carla
Old 06-29-2005, 03:55 PM   #74  

Marble, I'm a total beginner on the rebounder, just bouncing and some jumping so far. I'll move up to aerobics later. I think I might need the bar - I'm a little wary about falling off cause I'm a klutz too. I realized too what the little manual meant about tightening things up. It's like doing Kegels - unconsciously, since the bouncing makes me need to pee, so I clench automatically.

Mine is a Needack (?) rebounder, also foldable. I haven't tried to fold it since I live alone and don't really care if it's in the way. Thanks for the cat bed tip: I intend to adopt a couple of cats this fall, so now I won't need to get them a bed!

Carla
Old 06-29-2005, 04:22 PM   #75  

I have the Urban Rebounder (sold by the annoying guy on TV with the bright yellow hir that reminds me of old Billy Idol---I keep expecting him to start singing White Wedding). I do mine barefoot and always use the bar, especially when aclimating to the new style action of it. Definitely start with the bar, even if you just hold on with one hand. Try jumping jack footwork, jump with feet together doing waist twists, heel-jacks (like riverdance) and I also lift my knees up high and outward--kind of like fast knee-high marching ----it works the sides of your buttisimo. you will feel it, especially in the thighs too.

I dress the same way, and also cut up my tee-shirts...but I have central air and a fan going to keep the place cool. My big-boy (22 lb. Maine Coone) gets quite annoyed if I start bouncing while he's trying to sleep.....

I feel it is a great cardio workout and fun.....try Salsa music it seems to work well with any routine....when I get too tired i slow down and do dumbbell work for a few mins, then alternate. keep me posted, you're off to a positive start...and yes you get extra brownie points for struggling into a bra while sweating!