Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 04-10-2004, 06:33 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Easter Weekend Chat - April 10 & 11 (April's Birthday)

Happy Saturday Everyone,

I'm up early, I fasted yesterday like I do every Good Friday and I think that made it a hard night sleep even though I wasn't hungry, it made me restless, but its over and it really wasn't difficult.

My sisters are coming over today to help prepare Easter Dinner, we are having Chicken cordon blu, mashed taters w/sour cream butter and cheese, cauliflower, stuffed mushrooms, pepperoni & cheese, chips and dip. Then Sis got deserts which is a multi flavor cheese cake, an assortments of brownies, chocolate black out cake AND strawberries and vanilla coolwhip. We will lso have an easter egg hunt for the wee ones.....but no party isnt complete unless you have a 52 oz bag of pnut M&M's haaaaaaaaaa !!!

Got some vacuuming to do, and a wee bit of laundry to finish and I'm ready.

I'm sipping my hazelnut coffee right now and enjoying one turkey sausage (gotta go easy on the tummy at first).

Lynnie whats going on? how are you, hubby and mostly BIL?

Hugs to my sweet friends

Leenie
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 07:02 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

HAPPY BIRTHDAY APRIL !!!

Old 04-10-2004, 01:36 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Afternoon Chickadees!

Leenie, I'm so proud of you for fasting yesterday. I really need to commit to doing that some and focusing on prayer and other things for that day. I honestly do not know if I could go 24 hours without eating anymore. It is definitely something for me to think about.

Sounds like ya'll are having all sorts of goodies for lunch tomorrow! yum! and man oh man - I LOVE PEANUT M&M's TOO!

My mom is fixing a rib roast for lunch tomorrow and will have it ready for me and my sister's family when we get out of church. I would rather my mom go with us to church but she insisted on cooking and having it ready. We'll have mashed potatoes and rolls and corn and green beans, etc. to go with it. Not a traditional Easter dinner but it was what we all wanted, since we get out of church too late to grill on the bbq pit - if we did that lunch would be around supper time.

I have been cleaning house all morning, but I think I'm just about finished. All my guys left to go play paintball wars, so they'll be draggin in soon. Dh is doing a few yards today by himself. He let the guys off to play paintball. But can I say that I am so glad to be alone for a few minutes - I so need a few minutes to myself and I just don't get it much these days. Matter of fact there were teenagers here til midnight last nite, and then one showed up at 6 am this morning for the paintball wars. Some days I think I need the diet pills I use to take just to have the energy to keep up with everybody around here. I guess it would be easier for me to just to lock the doors and take the phones off the hook to take a break but dang...........

What's everybody else doing this weekend?

Lynnie - I am still praying for your BIL and your family. Please let us know how things are going, we you can.

great big hugs to the gang,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 05:41 PM   #4  
Rattie Lover

Good Afternoon Chickadees!!!

Man...I wish I could fast but I can't cause of blood sugar problems. I've tried...(not for religious reasons..but just cause I didn't want to eat). I get the shakes, and start getting in-coherent...stuff like that. Hats off to you Leenie for being able to do it...for the right reasons none the less.

Gotta go get ready for bowling!! Have a good one all!
Noodles913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 05:41 PM   #5  
Rattie Lover

Default For April...

Happy Birthday April!!

Noodles913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 08:04 PM   #6  

I'm sitting here, waiting for my nails to dry. yes, I actually put nail polish on them! I don't do that often enough.
We caught up on all those chores that got put off yesterday. We went to the city before going to Good Friday service which was very somber.
Tomorrow, we are going to the Sunrise Service and the regular one since Roger has to be an Usher and also probably help with distribution of Communion. Between the services, there is a sunrise brunch.....yeaaaa..no cooking!

Sure hope Lynn will have some good news for us.....
Tippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 11:52 AM   #7  

Happy Birthday April.

Flower_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 11:54 AM   #8  

Talking

Happy Easter
May it be a nice relaxing day
Love Me

Heading to see my Husbands family today. Can't wait to see them they are wondeful.
Hope everyone has a great day. Love ya all
Flower_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 06:07 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Happy Birthday April!

did you get to do anything for your birthday?

Hope everybody is having a wonderful Easter!

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 07:15 PM   #10  

Hi everyone....haven't been here in a few days.....having major computer problems....DS2 is visiting....he has been fixing the computer since Thursday.....their were many...many viruses....he saved all our files....then he installed Windows XP for us.........he is quite an expert with fixing computers.....I am so grateful to him.....I was having computer withdrawal.

Happy Easter to everyone....today is also my birthday....thanks to everyone for all the birthday wishes.

DS2...his GF & DS1 ....his fiancee are visiting from out of town with their dogs....we are having a wonderful time.....we are going out for dinner soon.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 08:14 PM   #11  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Red face

HAPPY EASTER !

Happy Birthday April

Ahhh the day is over and I'm in my jammies, it went well, it was cloudy and cold but it did not rain, everyone played outside after dinner and the bunny even came and we had an egg hunt Food was wonderful and its weird, I haven't had sweets in 6 weeks and today when I finally did it didn't taste good, I KNOW I KNOW ??????

Its really not that hard to fast, this is what I do, the night b/4 I fast I have a heavy dinner, like ckn wings, something greasy so it will stick to me a little better, then I fast for 36 hours but I do drink coffee and LOTs of water or plain unsugared iced tea, just liquids and by the time the 36 hours is done, when I get up in the morning I'm not even hungry but right b/4 I go to bed my tummy growls it passes.

How was everyone's day today??

HE LIVES !!!!