Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 04-12-2004, 08:30 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Monday, April 12th Chat

Hi Everyone,

Happy Monday and Happy Easter Monday

I'm off of work today, took a vacation day to recover from the weekend

I really need to get some good sneakers so I might go shopping later on.

Watcha all got planned for the week ?

Hugs

LYNNIE !!! Whats happening lady ??
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 10:03 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Gang!

yea Leenie's at home today! I know it feels good to have a day off! glad everything went so well yesterday!

Would you believe it's cold here in Louisiana this morning? I guess it's our last cold front for the season? It's rainy and grey outside. Oh well, at least the SON is always shining!

I've got to go to the nursing home during lunch, so I'm not sure if I'll get to exercise or not - will have to do it after work if I do.

What's everybody else up to today? make it a good one!

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 10:21 AM   #3  

I have had an ah-ha moment. I just realized what I was doing to myself last week. I was kind of stressed, alone, and PMSy. I ened up eating everything I could get my hands on. It wasn't until Saturday morning that I thought about Dr. Phil's book. There are 4 questions that you should ask your self when you arte about to binge and none of those questions even came to my mind. I feel like i am the one that is sabatoging myself. I mean is food really this good? Why do I not want myself to get healthier and in better shape? I guess these are just afew of the questions that I need to figure out the answers to.

Leenie I think I may have missed what is has happened to your BIL. I read what you said the other day but I don't know what happened to put him in the hospital. Is this the BIL that you are lving with?

Cathy I think I might like this weather right now. It is kind of refreshing to have this for a few days. It would be nice if we could get a few days like this inthe middle of Aug.

Leens enjoy your day off.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 11:00 AM   #4  

Boy Kemp! don't ya know it! this would be so great in August! but that'll be the day!

Tell me what ya think about Dr. Phil's book! I read it quickly, bec my mom and sis were waiting on the book. I may need to read it again.

hugs,
cathy
Old 04-12-2004, 12:20 PM   #5  

Good morning ladies

Just dropping in to say hi.....DS2 & his GF just left for home this A.M......DS1 & his fiancee leave tomorrow....we have had 3 dogs here over the weekend...lots of fun. DS1 & his fiancee are here until tomorrow....having a real nice time.

Will check in later.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 12:22 PM   #6  

With all the complaining I did about him I really like the book. I like the fact that he tries to hlep you deal with the reasons that you are overweight and eating to much. Not just giving you a diet and saying "Here, do this and everything will be perfect." I know that there is nothing out there that does that and I know that it is my own fault for eating the way I do. The only problem I have with it is that I wish he would take each step and go into it a little more. Maybe I am not reading into it enough but I feel that I don't really know how to get started and to work on the problems that I have. I plan on checking out the thread for the book to see if any of those guys have some ideas.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 12:39 PM   #7  
Rattie Lover

Blah...I guess I got the April Blues. I'm stressing...7 days until chop day. I want to cancel again but...I know I need it done. Just what a pain it is going to be recovering!!! Ugh.

I haven't been exercising either...Could care less right now. Course the fact that I popped my joints in my arm twice might be a factor. And the weather...ugh. Im use to 5% humidity, not 60%. Every freaking joint in my body aches...and as the humidity goes up so does the pain. A no win situation. What's a girl to do..
I have been eating right though. Its become habit for me now to eat healthy than reach for the candy and hamburgers. At least that's still on track.

I hope Lynnie is O.k. **hugs** to you if you are lurking.
Noodles913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 01:37 PM   #8  

Hi everyone!

Happy Easter.

It was a good weekend....I worked nights Good Friday and Easter Saturday....went to church.....easter vigil was over 3 hours......had a great dinner with my side of the family. My kids had a great easter hunt though it goes quickly now that they are older......have to get creative next year......maybe a true hunt with the hints etc.

Kemp it is interesting though difficult to understand why we do or do not do the things we need to do. Thanks for sharing.

Leens your easter supper sounded great. Hope you find some shoes.

Cathy I hope you are able to have some "me" time today. Your grannie is lucky to have you.

Lynnie sorry for this difficult time you are going through.

April belated happy birthday......another aries! Sounds like you has some great family time.

A big wave to everyone else. I am going to do a nice big fresh cleaning of the house today.......always like how that feels.

Have a great day all!!!

Liz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 03:29 PM   #9  
CIN

Hi Gals!
It is great to see everyone here today! We miss y"all when you dont post!

Good News! TONIGHT...yes tonight someone who looked one time at the condo is bringing us an offer!~ Needless to say we are hopeful & happy!

Today..after Easter...............I weighed in below my goal
Soooooooooooooooooooooo i am pretty happy!

Gotta go
Later
Cin
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 03:36 PM   #10  

woooooooohooooo cin! you go girl! below goal huh! that is AWESOME!

I hope and pray the offer is a good one! Let us know!

Hey Liz so good to see ya! we figured you were busy at work. I cleaned my house so nice and neat on Saturday, but by this morning you could barely tell. grrrrrrrrr

hugs Noodles! I hope you feel better! but just think - the quicker you have the surgery done, the quicker you can start recovering and get better! It was pass quickly girlie, and surely it will be worth it all!

Hey April! sounds like your house has been full of people and dogs! sounds like fun! and isn't it nice for a few minutes too when everybody goes home.

later gaters,
cathy
Old 04-12-2004, 03:55 PM   #11  

Cathy--I'm only about 40 miles from the LA border--here in the "other LA" (Lower AR). I'm totally feeling ya about the icky-cold weather. Yuck. I was so geared for spring, too!! It'll get better soon, although I'm willing to bet BIG dough that we're gonna have one scorcher of a summer!!

Cheryl
4myloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 06:19 PM   #12  
Divine Gal

Default Of course I am lurking

Hello ladies.Happy Easter a day late.We went to see BIL yesterday and he is still pretty much out of it.They are most definately doing a trachiastomy(sp?) on him.Don't know exactly when though.Dh and other BIL have to talk about it tonight.I am doing somewhat better as far as stress.I have been trying to get alot of rest when I can.But my nights are still very restless.

Kempy; here is the link to what happened. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38451 It's the BIL we live with... I hope that link helps ya some...

I do however miss coming as often as I did before this happened.I will try to keep you updated more when possible.

much love
*hugs*
lynnie
lynnie24 is offline   Reply With Quote