Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2004, 08:37 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Tuesday Chat - March 2nd

Good Morning Everyone,

How was your night ? Mine was busy, before I knew it it was 8:30 and I was to tired to get on the puter to post. Time flys.

I just ate my bacon and I'm still hungry.... growl !!!!!! Okay where's my dang water

Watcha all doing today ?

Leenie
Old 03-02-2004, 08:55 AM   #2  

Default Good morning!

HI everyone!

Well I haven't been posting much.....in case you haven't noticed.....I am working alot! I am booked for lots of days in March as well so I rarely post if I am not home through the day.

I have been in a black hole since the end of Nov.......can say on a lot of levels I have hit rock bottom. Have relooked at many things in my life and feel as though I am clawing my way up through the rubble.

Way to go on all the healthy and eating going on here.

Have a great day everyone!

Liz
Old 03-02-2004, 11:05 AM   #3  
Divine Gal

Default Good Morning All

Well I am home alone again today.DH is gone doing testing for work rehabilitation.I am relaxing today after yesterdays major workout.WHEW!!!I was sitting doing bills and seeing how much money we will have at the end of the week. Didn't sleep to well last night because my head was stuffy.
I have been in a pretty good mood for the last day or two.

Well I will be back later; have a great day.

*hugs*
lynnie
Old 03-02-2004, 11:24 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Everybody! how is the gang today?

Leenie - did the water help?

Liz - Of course we notice when you are not here! we just figure you are really busy with work and family. I'm sorry you're feeling so down! Is there anything at all that I can do to help? you know that we're here if you need to talk. Regardless, I am praying for you girlie! hugsssssssssss

Lynnie - you did a lot of exercising yesterday! you go girl! I'm so proud of you! and congrats on the lost inches! yippeeeeeeeee!

I've got to go to the nursing home at noon, so doubt I will be able to work in any exercise today, but there is nothing that can be done about that - unless I go walk before going home tonight - but that in itself presents different little things that have to be rearranged if I get home an hour later then usual? will have to see how it goes.

Just remembered my boss's birthday is tomorrow, so I'm gonna have to work on something for that. Men sure are hard to buy for ya know.

Oh btw Donna - I can't say that I'm crazy about Atkins yet, but I have tried everything else and just don't lose any weight, so I figure that drastic times call for drastic measures! I will give atkins some time to see if it will cause my non existent metabolism to eventually kick in and finally get me losing some weight. we shall see?? I think weight watchers is a great program - counting calories works - and something along the line of sugarbusters and southbeach where you can eat "good carbs" are all excellent plans - it's just that for me I haven't been able to lose any weight doing any of those things.

Ok well I need to finish up on this computer and get back to work.

later gaters,
cathy
Old 03-02-2004, 01:16 PM   #5  
CIN

Good Afternoon Ladies,
Everyone seems so busy these days..............................!Liz.yes we have noticed your absence and miss you. I am sorry you are down and wish I could help in some way. I do strongly believe in the power of prayer ( like Cathy) and even though we only know each other through here I will sincerely pray for you! Some times we reach bottom before coming back up..............have faith...you will come back up!

Lynnie.I love your new picture.you are so pretty! You never have told me where you are from in Ohio.Is it any where near Hamilton? That is my hometown!

I had a very serious WW meeting today when people shared their motivation for losing.many tears in the eyes but sometimes it takes that to "wake us up" about the serious way obesity effects our health! One thing I know is it is worth working on no matter how many times you have tried in the past!

It is sunny & nice here today...........................makes me sooooooo anxious for green grass and pretty flowers.

Leens.do you get your decoration put up yet? I wait until after St Patricks Day to decorate for Easter. I love decorations for every Holiday...always have!

Have a great day you...........................count those blessings daily!
Later
Cin
Old 03-02-2004, 01:42 PM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Liz of course we miss you Cathy's right, you are such a busy bee, we all assume you are working or running around doing 50 million things. If there's anything we can do, let us know. Sometimes it just helps to talk, and if you don't wanna talk out loud, I'll give you my email addy. HUGS AND PRAYERS.

Cathy its hard to find time to exercise, I agree, but like my angel on my shoulder keeps telling me, we can find 10 minutes... hehehe.... the angel has a T at the end of her name - wait is that an angel or a ??

Cin, it must be hard to see all those people crying. I know when I watch richard simmons on tv and people burst into tears, I do too. Its to close to home for me and I understand the struggle. Hugs to you !!! My Easter decorations were put out two weekends ago, I just couldn't wait to get some of that spring into my yard. I only see it on my way to and from work, but it puts a smile on my face nonetheless, and dd too.

Lynnie if your not busy I have a list of things..........ahhh thats okay lolol. Enjoy the relaxation (I'm jealous lol )

Where's everyone else today... Joanne you still out there ?
Old 03-02-2004, 02:28 PM   #7  

Lynnie what a great new picture. You look so happy. Keep up the good work girlie! Oh yeah, I am going to school for electrolysis (permanat hair removal)

Liz I thought you were busy too. I am sorry you are feeling down. Do you think winter is starting to get to you?

Cin and Leens I hate to tell you this but I noticed today that my yard is getting green already. And it isn't weeds. My hubby is a big weed and feed man. He is outside at the right times of the year spreading stuff so that when the time is right our yard looks perfect. I love that man.

Cathy are you sweating today? It is pretty darn hot right now. When I went to get lunch it said 83 in my truck. YIKES!!!
Old 03-02-2004, 03:41 PM   #8  
Rattie Lover

Hi All!

I have been SOO Busy around here it isn't funny. But I am dropping weight like flys drop. The in-laws are here and have been helping me with home improvement projects. Yesterday I did SIX hours of digging holes with a 15 pound digging stick, planting 48 groundcover plants, fertilizing, adding special "dirt", then re-covering. While doing this, I was also running back and forth with planks of wood and hoisting them up about 10 feet into the air into the new attic hole the father-in-law made. THEN we put the pull-down ladder in, which fell once and almost landed on me, then hauled more wood up the hole, then put the un-used wood back on the floor until tomorrow. I AM SORE TODAY!! OUCH!! But I have a buncha storage now AND I have pretty purple flowers!! Only problem is I didn't buy enough ground cover for 1 more patch of my front yard so I have to go back. Ahhh the things we do so we don't have to pull weeds later.

Old 03-02-2004, 05:22 PM   #9  

Hi everyone.....it's late to be posting....but I am here. I am doing okay with my eating plan.....but have ben losing so slow. I have done WW...lots in the past.....so last night I thought I would figure out the WW points.....just for the heck of it....this is for 1200 to 1300 calories....was I ever surprised......the WW points were 34!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was totally surprised....so I think I will count the points from now on. I should be having 24 points daily......plus the 35 flex points weekly.

It is a beautiful day here.....cleaned the oven today......it really needed it. I am starting to feel better....the new drug the doctor gave me is helping.....the asthma.

Liz.....I hope you are feeling better soon.

Cin......I have a question for you....when you are counting WW points......is it better to count whole points.....what about the partial points?

Bobbie
Old 03-02-2004, 06:41 PM   #10  

Thanks for all the kindness and support!

xoLiz
Old 03-02-2004, 06:48 PM   #11  
Divine Gal

Cin; I live In Burton (Geauga County).

Thanks for the compliments gang!!!
Old 03-02-2004, 08:25 PM   #12  
CIN

Default for April

April
Partial points are okay as long as you are counting them honestly! I count 1/2 points all the time!

Any questions you have I will gladly help you with.

Later
Cin
Old 03-02-2004, 09:59 PM   #13  

Thanks Cin....if I have any questions about WW....I will ask you.
April
Closed Thread