Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2004, 08:37 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Tuesday Chat - Feb 24th

Good Morning

Good to see everyone yesterday.

Lynnie, sorry about the 2 lbs aww don't cry, I know it sucks. I agree with Cin, you really need to see your leader and talk about whats happening. I know you've been exercising alot, hey, do you think it could be your gaining muscle ???? that happened to me and I didn't realize it, I was so upset I quit going to the gym....stupid huh, but what did I know. I bet thats what it is. Hang in there.

Cathy & Kem how's the rains ? we are expecting rain and snow today but nothing much as far as accumulation YEAH!

April, how are you feeling ?

Noodles, oh my, have fun with the INLAWS send up a flare if you need help.

Cin, watcha up to. How's the house coming along. Did you sell the other one yet ?

Well nothing new here SOSDD.

Tomorrow is the start of Lent and the start of me being really strict on my weight loss plan

BBL, Leenie
Old 02-24-2004, 09:12 AM   #2  

Good Morning Leenie...and to all of you yet to enter.

Still trying to get myself awake...this getting up at 7-7:30 is for the birds!! Tomorrow I get to sleep in and I can't wait. If anyone dares wake me up I am gonna come out fighting.

Got my deepfreeze cleaned out with the help of a friend. Now to get it hauled out of the garage and out of my sight. I am still disgusted and want to go kick the darn thing.
It made me sick to see what all we hauled to the trash can.

Cin I haven't heard from you in months. Are you not getting my emails????

Good news this morning. I lost 1 lb. Now to keep it off. I am so sick of this battle but won't give up. Maybe the little bit of walking with my Leslie Sasone tape is working though I can't do much of it. That or it was the cleaning out of the deepfreeze. Whatever, I am happy.

Got to go as Chris "needs" his puter....MEN!!!! Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Old 02-24-2004, 09:58 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Chickadees!

It's so nice to see Sweetpea posting so early in the morning! It's great to have you around! Remind me girlie? why does your knee(s) hurt when you exercise? or do they hurt all the time anyway and exercise aggravates it? congrats on the 1 lb off! you're on your way!

Good Morning Leenie! it's just drizzling this morning, but boy oh boy are they expecting storms tonight. The silly Mardi Gras people are already out on the streets (as of 7 am this morning) and I guess they have umbrellas and rain coats??? silly people! Hey I tried something new this morning - I missed 2 tablespoons heavy cream with 2 tablespoons cold water and 1 tablespoon Davinci sf Vanilla Syrup and boy was it good! YUMMY! have you tried that? do you like milk? I sure do miss my milk on atkins but this stuff sure hits that spot!

Noodles & Lynnie - I posted a message this morning on yesterday's thread about your posts. wanna be sure ya'll don't miss them.

DH got up a 5 this morning to go run his fish lines, he's been catching some big ole catfish and we've been eating the daylights out of them, so I went ahead and got up and did a 2 mile walk aerobics tape with Leslie Sansone. I think I'm tired cause I barely made it thru it. Don't know if that is bec of atkins? or not exercising like I should so it's made a difference? or if I'm just dang tired! but I felt about 70 years old trying to do that tape.

Well I was hoping I wouldn't have to come into work today bec of the Mardi Gras parades and crowds but I'm here. Guess that is only fair since all the guys have to work today. Doubt I will leave my office until I head home this afternoon bec you cannot move around in this town during Mardi Gras.

What's everybody doing today?

hugs,
cathy
Old 02-24-2004, 10:48 AM   #4  

Default Another day.......

I've been awake for one hour and I have had three calls from the ER to come in and work.......I went in one and a half hours early yesterday 'cause they were so busy and stayed an extra hour to recertify an MD for CPR......I am so tired today........I have failed this past week or so at finding balance......which is my ultimate daily goal.....balance with all I do and am.

I am approaching my 40th birthay on March 21st and it is a huge trigger for feeling sad and disappointed in myself. I feel bad about feeling bad....cause things could be worse......I realize how stupid I sound by the way! I have so many things to feel great about but I do have some disappointments and feel like I have let myself down in terms of reaching some personal goals...but all is not lost. This too shall pass.

Shrove Tuesday today....anybody making pancakes? I think I will make a pork roast tonight as I have not made my children a hot meal in a couple days.

Later!

HI everyone keep up all the good work!

Liz
Old 02-24-2004, 12:51 PM   #5  
Divine Gal

Default Good afternoon Ladies

Thanks for the encouragment.... I am still feeling alittle down but my leader said last night it maybe the muscle because of all the exercise I have been doing.Plus this is my PMS week.So that maybe contributors....

I am trying hard to get all my veggies and fruits in as well as my milk.But maybe I need to try harder.

*hugs*
lynnie
Old 02-24-2004, 01:09 PM   #6  

Good morning ladies

This morning....DH was watching a TV show called Canada AM.....sort of like Good Morning America. From the kitchen....he called me...to tell me to watch it....but I was brushing my teeth & the door was shut.

He said it was about SAD....that if you have SAD....you should be using a light box 2-3 hours a day!!!!....that is a long time.....on sunny days yould be walking outside.....& you should cut back on carbohydrates.....now isn't that interesting....about cutting back on the carbs....that is what I started to do this week.

Leenie....am starting to feel better....but am still coughing....woke up last night coughing 3 or 4 times.....sometimes it's a coughing spell...still feel tired at times. Sometimes the sounds coming from my throat are like a whistle.

SweatPea.....congratulations on the 1 lb. lost!!!!!!!!!!

Liz....yes today is Shrove Tuesday.....many years on this day.....I will make pancakes.....not today with my low carb plan.

April
Old 02-24-2004, 01:27 PM   #7  
Divine Gal

I have question?

When taking measurements for your hips do you lift your stomach or leave it hang and measure around it too?
Old 02-24-2004, 01:28 PM   #8  

Hi again.....here is a link to the piece on SAD.....there is a video of it.

http://www.ctv.ca/generic/generated/...AMdefault.html

Go to the right side of the page.
You will see....it's under health.
There is picture of Dr. Marlo Shapiro.
Under her picture you will see...
Canada AM: Medical Expert
Dr. Marlo Shapiro 4:11.....click on that.

I hope this works.

April
Old 02-24-2004, 01:57 PM   #9  
CIN

Default Happy Tuesday!

Hi Gals,
First of all welcome back Liz & Sweetpea........good to see both of you.Oh how I wish LindaT would "re-appear"......we would love her input on things.She is a whiz at locating interesting & helpful info on the computer!

NO sweet..........you know I always answer e mails and havent had any for ages! try again.same address!

Liz..glad to see you post again..we miss you too! What you are feeling as you aproach "40" is more typical than you might think.........I remember similar feelings.(really I do) It gets better I promise! Mothers must spread themself very thin during these years!

Lynnie..you didnt share it was PMS week earlier.girl.no wonder the tears !
ALMOST all women retain fluid prior to period time...I bet you anything that is the cause! As far as your measuring question.....I am not sure but think I would prop up the tummy.

We are having the condo painted this week and trying to sell it ourselves.we are discouraged....there is a reason and a time for everything! "move in" condition will certainly give it more appeal!

So.....Mother Time has brought you all up to date.Guess I am the older woman here! Hey.it isnt so bad either! People let me cross in front of them and stop there cars and let me walk.......gray hair has advantages!
Later taters
Cin PS Salt & Pepper sounds better.more pepper too!
Old 02-24-2004, 01:59 PM   #10  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hi Ladies,

Sweetpea, congrats on the 1 lb. Can't move a mountain but one stone at a time Good going !!! Hey whats this getting up early at 7:30 ?? honey get up with me 4:30 now THATS for the birds

Cathy, no I never tried that (the cream and water), I do love milk and if I'm in the mood I'll buy the low carb milk that they have out. The chocolate is delic..

Lynnie, when you measure, you measure all the way around, no lifting or tucking lol, I know I know but thats what you do. Shoot I would need a crane to hold up my gut. I haven't measured myself in eions, and I really need to. Thanks for the reminder. I know it sucks to gain muscle but just remember that muscle will help you burn the fat faster

Liz, I'm with you on the 40th birthday this year, me too !! sigh~ Hey things could be a heck of alot worse, I'm greatful for every one I get Lets get together, drink and act like we are in our 20's, that should make us feel better, no ? Whats going on in ER that they are so busy ? People getting cabin fever and starting to do weird stuff ? I give you credit, I could never do what you do, although I did want to be a nurse in HS. The first sight of a needle going into someone's arm made me hurl... ICK.

April, glad your getting better. 3 hrs in front of a light box OY VEY are they kidding. who has that kind of time. I agree with the carb thing. Remember a few weeks ago I posted about not having SAD this year and I think its because of my diet !! whooohhooo seee I wasn't kidding. What a difference I feel. The only thing I could tell people is to try it and see. I've been Atkinsing for 6 months now (well cheating too ) but nonetheless and I feel good!!! (singing like james brown - so good, so good do do do do).
Old 02-24-2004, 02:24 PM   #11  

Leenie....I just thought of it......this is the 4th day I am doing the Zone.....I am feeling even better than I was......with the SAD.........compared to how I was feeling with the 50 to 60% carb eating plan....could it be the lower carb intake???

April
Old 02-24-2004, 02:29 PM   #12  
Moderator & Happy Chick

April, I can't say for sure, but for ME, I honestly believe it is the diet I am on.

Old 02-24-2004, 02:39 PM   #13  
Divine Gal

Well one good thing did happen yesterday

I have taken a quarter inch off my waist
Old 02-24-2004, 02:41 PM   #14  

Boo Cin!
Old 02-24-2004, 03:46 PM   #15  
Rattie Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathyxxx
Noodles - by OBC do you mean obsessive compulsive disorder or obsessive compulsive personality? or talking about something altogether different? just wondering? I hope everything goes really smooth for the next 2 weeks! wow!

Hello...

I meant Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. I have it bad! But not as bad as I use too. Arthritis took care of that.
If you girls saw my closet, you'd know what I mean. I have 8 baskets for my clothes...1 for blacks, 1 for whites, 1 for blues, 1 for reds/purples, 1 for greens/other darks, 1 for towels & 1 for good luck. I have my clothes color coordinated and hung with the color hanger of the item of clothing. For instance, my whites have white hangers, reds have red hangers, etc. My shoes are all lined up color/style wise. Good thing I own mostly Birkenstocks!! Easy to line up that way. I'll take a pic sometime for ya. I like things put in their place and spic and span. Course my office looks like a bomb hit it but...I have to share it with 2 other people.
Closed Thread