Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2004, 08:43 AM   #1  
Divine Gal

Default Weekend Chat Jan 31 & Feb 1 2004

Good morning ladies.What do yall have planned for this weekend?

BBL

*hugs*
lynnie
Old 01-31-2004, 01:18 PM   #2  

Good morning everyone

Hi Lynnie.....not to much planned for the weekend. DH & I might go to a matinee today. Last night DH & I went to the neighbors for dinner....I didn't do too bad as far as eating goes.....except....I had a piece of chocolate ice cream.

Feeling good today....today I am back to my eating program.

Have a great weekend.

April
Old 01-31-2004, 01:20 PM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Lynnie,

Well lets see, the weekend is mostly tidying around the house today, we did however go to kmart, I needed a new purse, my old one was falling apart, that what happens when you buy cheap stuff, but you know I can't justify spending alot of money on a pocketbook ya know... Tomorrow for our anniversary we are going to have lunch at the cheese cake factory...... oh drool.

Whats your plans ? BTW, I see your almost into the Twosies
Old 01-31-2004, 01:20 PM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hi April, ya beat me on the post. Enjoy the movie !!
Old 01-31-2004, 01:21 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Well good morning Lynnie!

Well actually I guess it's afternoon since it's right after 12 here. Me and dh laid around drinking coffee and taking it easy this morning. Can't remember the last time we did that since he has been gone duck hunting every morning, but it was nice to not hit the floor running this morning. But, of course, you know me, after about an hour I started thinking of all the things I needed to get started on. An hour is a long time for me to sit still. ;-)

Soooooooo I got up and fixed everybody pancakes and started clothes and did some straightening up.

Then I did the Leslie Sansone 4 Mile Express tape. She doesn't use handweights in the video, but I put 2 lb weights in each hand and did the whole workout with them, and it really bumped up the intensity for me. 60 minutes of walking is plenty for me, but there are times during the thing when my heart is just not beating all that fast, so I felt like I needed to bump it up a bit and boy did it. My heart was beating fast and I was breathing hard and sweating like crazy. Sure hope my body appreciates all the effort I go to for it! ;-)

BTW, did anybody see Oprah yesterday? wow! they had a doctor from the Discovery Channel on there and he had real body parts of our major organs and showed what this and that does to them. All I can say is wow! It was real graphic but I guess that was to get everybody's attention, especially if they have health problems and are not taking care of themselves.

Well now I need to go clean my refrigerator. It is a major project bec I have put it off for so long. After that I plan to get cleaned up and take it easy the rest of the day. Need to get my lesson together for tomorrow morning too.

Lynnie, what are you doing today?

What's the rest of our gang doing today?

hugs,
cathy
Old 01-31-2004, 01:25 PM   #6  
Divine Gal

I have no clue what I am doing today.Thinking about laying down for a bitthen getting up and exercising...
Old 01-31-2004, 01:34 PM   #7  

Hey April & Leenie!

We must have all been posting at the same time!

April? what movie ya'll going to see?

Leenie - lunch at the cheesecake factory sounds so good! I'm drooling just thinking about it, and I've never even been to a cheesecake factory, but with a name like that, dang it's gotta be good! have some cheese cake for me!

Hey Leenie - I was wondering, when you you run out to Kmart like that on a Saturday morning just to grab a few quick things, so you get all fixed up, hair & makeup, or do you go like you are? just wondering?

hugs,
cathy
Old 01-31-2004, 02:52 PM   #8  
Divine Gal

I started taking a vitamin today...I am hoping that this will help me have some more energy.

Cin or anyone actually Does salsa count as a vegetable?
Old 01-31-2004, 03:50 PM   #9  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hey Cathy, Saturdays and Sundays if I don't go anywhere "special" I don't wear a stitch of makeup and I wear sweats, heck NO, I rush around all week and getting purdy'd up on my day off just ain't gonna happen. I usually just brush my hair, twist the back up into a clip and go....... okay I DO brush my teeth Tomorrow since my sister and her date (don't want him to loose his appetite) are coming with us to the CHEEEEEEEEESE cake factory (sorry, couldn't resist) I will put make up on, but I'll be wearing jeans

When I was home for 2 weeks during christmas I think I put makeup on once! aaah!

But the honest truth is, I look 10000% better with makeup.... lol.

What do you guys do.
Old 01-31-2004, 03:51 PM   #10  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Lynnie, vitamins do help, my hubby can feel it when he misses a few days. I don't feel a big change, but I take them b/c I know they are good for me and when your dieting, you really need to take them....... can't hurt ya know.
Old 01-31-2004, 05:16 PM   #11  
Walking by faith

Talking Hi Ladies

What am I doing today ? Try GROCERY SHOPPING DH and DS want some special snacks so they can celebrate their PATRIOTS winning the Super Bowl.

Lynnie: Enjoy your movie. You are getting awfully close to TWOTERVILLE

Cathy: Boy, that sounds like a workout!

Leenie: Happy Anniversary to you and DH Enjoy your special lunch!

Hope everyone has a terrific weekend!
Old 01-31-2004, 06:45 PM   #12  

Hey Joanne! I picked up sirloin steaks for everybody to eat tomorrow, but I know that we'll be eating that for lunch and during the pre game stuff, so I also go the stuff for nachos for during the game. GUYS!

Leenie, I usually put on my makeup if I'm going somewhere, and like you said, I twist my hair up and put it in a clip, depends on what we are doing, but I rarely leave the house without makeup. wish I could tho, but I'm afraid I'll scare somebody. boo! Now, if I'm just running my youngest son around and dropping him off or something, I don't worry about it, but even to run into Walmart or Market Basket, I usually put some makeup on bec I run into everybody and their brother.

What does everybody else do?
Old 01-31-2004, 07:20 PM   #13  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Cathy just throw a pair of sunglasses on
Old 02-01-2004, 08:34 AM   #14  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good Sunday Morning,

Just popped in to say hi while I'm having my coffee and watching on PBS "the big comfy couch" lol

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Oh incase I don't post tomorrow, its because I have a computer class to attend and its an all dayer....... ick.

Hugs
Old 02-01-2004, 08:35 AM   #15  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Joanne hope your team wins !!! Good Luck
Closed Thread