Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 04-07-2020, 08:34 AM   #1  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Default April 2020 Ups and Downs Battling Depression Thread

all! We are a small but mighty group (and those are the exact words of one of our ladies Kathleen) battling depression but also celebrating the Ups and Downs of our lives. Please feel free to pop in and say Hi and know that you are not alone
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 05:40 PM   #2  
Biker Chick!

Pat - I am so glad people are providing you with food items; and your lovely precious cards are such a nice exchange. Yes, I wore a mask when I went to check the mail. I made one out of a bandana and 2 rubber bands (youtube).

I'm so sorry you dont have a rake to use, for leaves!! that seems like a huge task for your poor hands. and your poor back! be careful ! do you have some perennials that are up now, that you are greeting

I haven't heard anything from my summer job people yet. I am very VERY grateful for the unemployment insurance amount, and yes, there is an additional $600 . Which gives me much more than if I was at work. Crazy world for now. But as our health insurance premium is $1200 a month (and I have 2 payment plans going, for outstanding medical bills that insurance didn't cover) any 'excess' money will be well utilized.

I have been so very lazy. All this free time and so much crap / clutter in this house still. However...if you have a spouse, it sure helps if that person is on the same page as you. if not..then you can't get anything done. That's about what's happening here. Very frustrating. Nothing is keeping me from going outside and raking except that I feel that its not fair that I'm doing it all. Again...I have to decide, what do I want more? I will come to grips with it

We might get anywhere from 2" to 8" of snow Thurs to Friday...ugh LOL!!

Last edited by VermontMom; 04-08-2020 at 05:41 PM.
Old 04-17-2020, 11:44 AM   #3  
Biker Chick!

Hello Today marks one month of being laid off...and of course with the current rules of Stay Home...and I am not bored yet!! Just shows what a homebody I am. But the weather has been so crummy. It actually is normal April weather for Vermont I guess...I was spoiled by the early retreat of snow cover, and having a couple mild days early in the month. It has struggled to be above 40 and not much sun. And lots of snow flurries in between.

Pat - I hope you are well!! what is your daily day like? is it a little warmer in your area? you spoke of doing outdoor clean up before, do you have flowers coming up?

I continue to feel very very fortunate, that I personally am not suffering due to this crisis. In our own home, with a little property; children grown and self-sufficient and safe; money coming in from unemployment insurance and the CARES act; in good health and able to exercise every day. I don't have parents to worry about. I haven't lost any friends due to the virus. If I can't be outside, then I am fine being inside, with computer and Netflix. and I do have old-fashioned books.
Old 04-18-2020, 09:24 AM   #4  

Hi Holly
so glad you are doing pretty well during this time. Re the garden, yes first the temps were well above average. Now that's switched to below average for most days. So that's been a bit challenging. But you will get there! Hope you are continuing to do well.

Last edited by flower123; 04-24-2020 at 11:03 AM.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 06:22 AM   #5  

Holly, hope you continue to be doing fine during this time.
Old 04-28-2020, 11:10 AM   #6  
Biker Chick!

Hello Pat Yes I am doing well. I am kind of anxious about my weight, I am 10 lbs heavier than I was at this time last year. It wasn't all gained during this time of Stay Home, it's been gradual since last year.

Still very chilly isn't it! Today we're supposed to get some sun though

Pat, are you able to get out at all, to stores? How are you feeling, during this strange time?
Old 05-03-2020, 08:42 PM   #7  

Hi Holly
yes it's been colder than average. Although the temp where I am got up to 78 toddy, Sunday. Such a luxury having the windows open.

I hear ya re: weight gained. I'm guessing 10 lbs is around what I have gained. Honestly, I feel embarassed going out in my little neighborhood.

Im not going yo grocery stores because of the compromised immune system. And my area is the hotspot in VT. Lots of cases in the Burlington area. So I'm trading cards for people picking up groceries. They enjoy the cards. But I'm not enjoying being reliant on neighbors. But things could be much worse.

How are you doing going to the stores? I'm guessing your area is pretty safe.

I looked at the 10 day extended weather forecast. Below average every day. One day it's not getting out of the 40s in the Burl. Area. Have you heard about your summer Job?

Last edited by flower123; 05-03-2020 at 08:44 PM.
Old 05-05-2020, 10:27 AM   #8  
Biker Chick!

Hello Pat Gosh it must be difficult to have to rely on others for the groceries, as you are so self-reliant and independent. But we know people do like to do things for others, and you trade your nice hand crafted cards to them

Woke up to snow today! ugh. Oh and I haven't heard anything about summer job yet. I am still so thankful that we can do this Stay Home Safe thing while in our home, with our little property, and not worried about money. A once-in-a-lifetime situation !!!

Husband got our motorcycles out of the garage on Sunday, and that would have been the day for me to do a test ride but I just wasn't feeling up to it. My cold/sinus thing/bronchitis thing has just not gone away and I finally said 'enough' when I was literally gasping for breath Sunday night. Went to Stowe Family Practice yesterday and doctor is considering pneumonia or allergies that are making we wheeze and not get enough oxygen. Had blood drawn; got prescription for antibiotics and an inhaler...the inhaler is a godsend!! I slept well and no wheezing/gasping. And today at 1:00, to the hospital for Covid-19 test and chest X rays.

Here is our May thread, hope to build up our little group again! https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/dep...on-thread.html
Old 05-07-2020, 04:50 AM   #9  

Hi Holly
please do let me know the results of the tests and X-rays. The bronchitis has been hanging on a long time. I used to get it all the time for decades. In the mid 1980s a homeopath found the right remedy to treat it. Also, so many people have seasonal allergies. Glad you went to the doctor.

snow? I heard ON WPTZ weather report that on Saturday (I think that was the day) there would be snow in the mountains.

Hoping you are feeling better very soon.

Last edited by flower123; 05-08-2020 at 02:55 PM.