Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 01-01-2019, 12:22 PM   #1  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/143/145

Height: 5' 5"

Default January 2019 Ups and Downs Depression Support Thread!

to all! we are a small but mighty group who support each other through our daily lives. Celebrate the Ups when we have them! and support the Downs when they happen.
Please feel free to join in anytime. You can write as little or as much as you like.

I started out the New Year by shoveling for over 2 hours, heavy wet snow, ugh We only got about 3 inches, but at the top of the driveway, the State plows throws it from the road, so it was at least 8" of the heavy stuff up there. But I got it all done

We got together with our sons at the older one's home on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. It was good..but still overshadowed by younger son's marriage breakup. Very frustrating for us still...as the wife is the one who moved out and indicates that it's over, but nothing being done to move ahead to follow through. We also think he is supporting her financially which makes us want to tear our hair out. We will continue to be calm about it around him though!!

Today is the first New Year's Day I have had off in at least 15 years because I've always worked retail/food service! Nice to have it off...but it means I am missing a day's pay. We also had Christmas Eve and Christmas Day off with no pay. Just one of those things.

There are still lots of cookies and cupcakes in the freezer, I need to bring them to work to get rid of them. I *think* I have only gained about 3 pounds during the holidays. It's usually more than that!

One more thing about me and then I hope others join in today I realize that my depressive states are triggered by crummy weather, and inactivity on my part. The crummy weather I can't do anything about. The inactivity, though, I can. My daily life kinda takes care of that most of the time, I HAVE to get up, take EddieDog out and feed him, get ready for work, go to work, come home, do stuff around the house. On days off, there are endless clean up projects around the house, or maybe shovel, pay bills, stuff you have to do. It's when I have free time to just sit and dwell that seem to swallow me in bad thoughts. Sometimes I have to FORCE myself merely to stand up from the chair and just start moving and soon I find something that needs to be done.

AND one more thing, I appreciate the support here So very much!!!! I know my husband loves me and supports me but there is only so much a partner can say to you sometimes. I appreciate so much the friendship and insightful views I have received here

Last edited by VermontMom; 01-01-2019 at 12:23 PM.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 12:37 AM   #2  

Quote:
Originally Posted by VermontMom View Post
to all! we are a small but mighty group who support each other through our daily lives. Celebrate the Ups when we have them! and support the Downs when they happen.
Please feel free to join in anytime. You can write as little or as much as you like.

I started out the New Year by shoveling for over 2 hours, heavy wet snow, ugh We only got about 3 inches, but at the top of the driveway, the State plows throws it from the road, so it was at least 8" of the heavy stuff up there. But I got it all done

We got together with our sons at the older one's home on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. It was good..but still overshadowed by younger son's marriage breakup. Very frustrating for us still...as the wife is the one who moved out and indicates that it's over, but nothing being done to move ahead to follow through. We also think he is supporting her financially which makes us want to tear our hair out. We will continue to be calm about it around him though!!

Today is the first New Year's Day I have had off in at least 15 years because I've always worked retail/food service! Nice to have it off...but it means I am missing a day's pay. We also had Christmas Eve and Christmas Day off with no pay. Just one of those things.

There are still lots of cookies and cupcakes in the freezer, I need to bring them to work to get rid of them. I *think* I have only gained about 3 pounds during the holidays. It's usually more than that!

One more thing about me and then I hope others join in today I realize that my depressive states are triggered by crummy weather, and inactivity on my part. The crummy weather I can't do anything about. The inactivity, though, I can. My daily life kinda takes care of that most of the time, I HAVE to get up, take EddieDog out and feed him, get ready for work, go to work, come home, do stuff around the house. On days off, there are endless clean up projects around the house, or maybe shovel, pay bills, stuff you have to do. It's when I have free time to just sit and dwell that seem to swallow me in bad thoughts. Sometimes I have to FORCE myself merely to stand up from the chair and just start moving and soon I find something that needs to be done.

AND one more thing, I appreciate the support here So very much!!!! I know my husband loves me and supports me but there is only so much a partner can say to you sometimes. I appreciate so much the friendship and insightful views I have received here
Hi holly,

I sit too much when I'm at home. I am in better shape than when I first got to Washington. I no longer gasp when I walk around the house or do errands. I love it.

I try to give you advice because I care, we care. I think you're pretty fantastic.

I hope you are getting more comfortable with your job.
lisaloveshearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 02:11 PM   #3  

I got my hair trimmed today. It looks sooooo nice.
Old 01-05-2019, 12:32 AM   #4  

hello. wishing you best Lisa. and Holly.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 07:31 PM   #5  
Biker Chick!

good evening!

Lisa I'm so glad you like your hair after a trim. Yay for great hair days!

Flower Hi and how are you doing

and hello to everyone else!!

My company holiday party was last night, it was a Luau theme. Wow the company spent alot of money on this party!! It was held at the same place where we have our annual Harley Raffle, it was so very fun to be a guest at an event here instead of the person in charge! Anyway, I had a luau costume all set, grass skirt (with black leggings under) leis, a long black wig, the whole 9 yards It is so fun for me to dress up. You got to choose a wrapped gift from a table as soon as you entered, I think they were all around the $20 price point but they had enough for 100+ employees for everyone to get a gift to open . Then onto the open bar!! Open bar for 5 hours!! top shelf stuff too. DJ was playing awesome music, there was a photo booth with props, limbo contest, a catering company with appetizers and then dinner. Wow!! I had a blast. I tried the limbo, I promptly fell over and somehow didn't even spill my beer LOL!!! Danced like crazy with my girlfriend from work, got lots of comps on my costume. Today I bought a thank you card and am going to get it to the owners of the company to thank them for giving us such a fun party.
Old 01-07-2019, 11:50 AM   #6  

Hey Holly,

Cupcakes and cookies, are they homemade because I need some lol. Life itself is bit stressful and anyone who tells you otherwise is lying just my personal opinion. Marriage, kids, job, bills can sometimes seem overwhelming. But I wouldn't have it any other way, what's life without obstacles and challenges. I use to deal with the problem a lot when sitting along or just alone in general - my thoughts use to get the best of me. What has worked for me is several things - Finding hobbies that I really enjoy because at the end of the day, I am human and life is not always about bills and constant worry. You have to take time out for your self. Another is knowing yourself and being confident in who you are and what you can achieve. We pay the bills, go to work, make sure the house chores are done, etc. Why stress if these things are being done and will get done.

Proper sleep and living a healthy life has done miracles for me as well, just more energy, more clarity, and just overall feeling better about myself physically and mentally. Just thinking more about positive things in my life and how blessed I really am. I use to feel like I was always carrying the world on my shoulders. Why? I have friends, family and a beautiful and amazing wife that I can always communicate and consult with. Life doesn't need to hard.

As far as your son and his ex-wife, I think my wife will have not only pulled her hair but the son ex-wife hair as well - I'm just joking. Anyway, all the best I still will like some cupcakes, especially if they have strawberry frosting.
JamesLifeHealhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 09:48 AM   #7  
Biker Chick!

well this is strange, I KNOW i typed out a response yesterday and hit submit, but I don't see it! anyway, James and thank you for your input and insights! Yes everything I make is homemade, I guess the goodies sent to you will have to be virtual

Pretty cold and windy here but that's about par for January in Vermont. Even though the new job has been challenging, (and I thank you all so much for your faith and encouragement to me!!) it has been great not to be in retail/foodservice , especially through the holidays, and now for the ski season. Last night at work, as I was drilling/installing hubs into flywheels, and some good music was on the speaker, I was thinking "this is much better than waiting on customers" and dealing with the new owners.

I have kinda started back into an exercise regimen, I am trying for 600 minutes/month of *intended exercise* which means a dvd or Leslie Sansone or some structured workout. That's not as bad as is sounds, like 5x a week at 30 minutes a shot. But if I have to shovel snow, I count that as half (shovel an hour, I count that as 30 minutes of exercise). I just need the cardio and muscle work for daily life. I wanna beat Father Time's butt

How is everyone ??

Last edited by VermontMom; 01-08-2019 at 09:49 AM.
Old 01-08-2019, 05:13 PM   #8  

Hi everyone! Hope you had a lovely Christmas and a great New Year!

I can't believe I'm skulking in here to apologise for how long it's been AGAIN! My tablet updated, and it's changed the way my bookmarks work, so it's prompted me to come by less. Nothing personal to you lovely lot!

We had a nice Christmas, I sorted the problems my sister was throwing up, and hosted everyone in our apartment. It went really well, I had too much food, we just finished the leftovers

My dad had his skin cancer lump removed (it's not the sort that spreads, so no further treatment). It was right on his nose, and they've not done the neatest of jobs - to doctor was in a rush to finish so she could get off to the Christmas party, I think! Dad has been very depressed recently, and I'm struggling to figure out how to make him better

I need to go back and catch up with all your updates, so I'll post again soon
Coop27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 05:22 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BED View Post
i have BEd- I eat alot even writing this post is embarrasing. eat thousands of calories gained so much weight after having lost it all need help
Brought this over from an old thread
Coop27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 04:48 PM   #10  

What do you do for motivation?
Jennifer86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 12:40 AM   #11  

My daughter is getting married next year. That motivates me.

Hi ladies!!

I'm just taking my 7 ft tree down. I have branches everywhere. 😒

I hope you all are doing great.
Old 01-13-2019, 02:34 PM   #12  

Stopping by to send light and great thoughts to all!
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 11:35 PM   #13  

I just fell again. Hard. I'm not hurt that bad considering I fell hard.

Jeebus.
Old 01-14-2019, 08:04 AM   #14  
Biker Chick!

Lisa so sorry to hear you fell hard!! :hugs: and yeah, family weddings are a great motivation!

Coop so good to hear from you!! I'm so glad you had a nice Christmas but sorry to hear that your Dad is so depressed. I hope he finds something that interests him to perk up.

Pat (flower) such a nice sentiment from you

and Hi to everyone else!!

our Harley Raffle on Saturday went great! first time in 5 years that I've been President, that I've been able to enjoy it.

It is between ten and 15 BELOW zero here! but very pretty blue sky.

Hope everyone has a good day!
Old 01-15-2019, 07:56 AM   #15  
Biker Chick!

10 degrees ABOVE zero this morning, that is 25 degrees warmer than yesterday morning, nice

good morning to everyone!

Is anyone here affected by the government shutdown?

Had a good day at work yesterday, 2 new stations are getting a *little* easier, as you all knew they would be and thanks so much for your encouragement and support to me

Knocked back snowbanks yesterday to make room for possible more snow this weekend. Best thing about shoveling snow and knocking back snowbanks is that it's free strength and cardio for me that's being positive isn't it!!

have a good day my friends!

Last edited by VermontMom; 01-15-2019 at 07:56 AM.