Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 01-15-2019, 06:31 PM   #16  

Hey, What I do is fight with my thoughts. Don't dwell on those thoughts that tell you that you are less than what you are. Try not to overthink. Start training your mind to be more positive. This takes practice but I know that you can do it. Also, remind yourself how God sees you. You are beautiful and never forget that.
drewp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 12:23 PM   #17  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/143/145

Height: 5' 5"

very nice drewp! and how true about training your mind to go in the more positive direction. it does work and it does help!

HI everyone I am taking a break this morning from working on the driveway, each day that it doesn't snow, I go out with pointy sharp shovel and regular snow shovel, and chop/widen as best I can, to make room for more of the inevitable which is definitely coming this weekend. But yay for shoveling being a great conditioning exercise! now THAT'S positive thinking isn't it

I don't remember if I even got here to speak about our Annual Harley Raffle, it was last Saturday, and it was the first time since I've been President and emceeing the event, 6 years, that I actually enjoyed myself!! that i can now see that the event does go smoothly because we all do our part, and we had it catered by a new place that was efficient, cost-effective and delicious! that was a HUGE load off my mind. The bike was given to a guy who has supported us for many years so that is always great, he was SO excited!! We had enough people off the street come for the band afterwards, and what we took in at the door for that ($10/person) actually covered the band's fee!! and it's over for another year which makes me happy

I am finally at the point, when I am driving to work, that my stomach isn't tied up thinking 'what's gonna happen there today, am i going to be put on something new, am I going to do OK when the line starts moving quick'. They can see I am trying my best and that's what matters..and thanks again to my friends here who have had faith in me and told me so many times

have a great day!! come talk when you can
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 10:52 PM   #18  

Stopping by to say hello. I hope you all are doing well.

Sending good thoughts to all. I am reading everything you good people post.

Sending much light to all. Pat
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 02:41 AM   #19  

In here too. Just a lot going on.
lisaloveshearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 12:01 AM   #20  
Biker Chick!

We had to deal with the 20" of snow dumped on us overnight. With our little snowthrower and our shovels, I think we got it!! Our driveway is now skinnier, it was nice and wide but getting this much snow is difficult to put anywhere!! it gave me hours of exercise though!

the weekend goes by too fast! But I got my work clothes ready for the week, and I made a big pot of veggies, small amount of ground turkey and ground beef, and multiple cans of diced tomato, whole tomato, tomato sauce, and spices. I don't even care that there is alot of cauliflower and broccoli in it, it just tastes like yummy spaghetti sauce! It made about 9 big servings. My work food for the week

I sent an email to someone on the Board of Directors of the summer job place, saying that while I have loved working there, I need to talk to someone to negotiate a pay increase, and possibly a regularly scheduled weekend day off, with coverage provided. I wrote that my winter job people would like me to stay; and that I'm looking at other jobs that are more local. But I wrote it in a very polite and non-combative way.

have a good night!
Old 01-21-2019, 09:32 PM   #21  

Holly. first, congratulations on your winter job people requesting you stay through the summer... year round job. Is there AC there in the summer? That would be a great perk over the food industry summer job. You now have "Coverage". Is that insurance coverage? If so, that's awesome. I am sure you were quite respectful in the email. And BTW, I am not at all surprised that the winter job boss wants you to be a year round employee. They know a good intelligent conscientious person when they see one.

re snow, we had 17 inches. I live in a little condo complex. I felt like a 10 year old boy last night looking at the big Yellow John Deere plow/ bucket loader. The driver so deftly navigating the tiny area. I was in awe. Usually we have a regular small truck with plow attached. I took photos, lol.

Lisa, I hope you are doing better after the recent fall.

Last edited by flower123; 01-21-2019 at 09:41 PM.
Old 01-24-2019, 06:40 AM   #22  

Hi all
I need to vent...and complain. 2 years ago my west coast family came out to visit my mother who lives on the east coast. I have other family on the east coast. So it was a big deal. entire family getting together for the first time in 10 years.

My mother made sure I was not invited. She told me about it and then said I was and am not invited, per her request. Usually she is willing to have me there when my family gets together. As long as I do not stay as long as my SIL does. eg my SIL will be there for 6 days. But my mother questioned why I was planning to stay for 4 days rather than 3.

Last year she had no choice. I had to be there because the brother was having a big birthday party for her. But I knew to only stay three days. So she could be alone with the person she likes, my SIL. When my brother was alive she could not wait to get rid of me so she could just be with them both alone. She honestly cannot stand me.

I cannot create waves by cancelling. Because it would make my SIL feel uncomfortable. And it would confirm to my mother what a horrible person she is toward me. So I have to go. She is way too old to be honest about what she does. She is 95. Although I did tell her that most moms want the whole family to get together. She understood for the moment that this is true. But because she is a classic full blown narcissist she will forget that. And honestly the fact that she doesn't really want me there trumps any logic she might consider.

I did reduce the length of days to 3. Also I offered to not go there in 2 weeks. But instead to go for her birthday in March even though I cannot really go there alone. She shreds me. She declined the offer for me to cancel. She knows it would make her look like a horrible mother if I did. But she did say I could go there for her birthday in March also. So I am stuck going there in 2 weeks.

Also, she cannot stand it when I am anything less than very thin. So I have been on a crash diet to lose 8 lbs. half of which I have already lost. She prefers it when I am extremely thin. But I cannot do that for her. Nor would I even if I had the time.

I called my cousin crying. She has known my mother all her life. She told me that in her opinion no daughter could survive in tact with a mother like mine. While she loves my mother, my cousin gets harmed even when she calls her. So that helped me a tiny bit.

Thank you very much for listening to my rant and whine. Best I can say is it will be all over in 17 days. Thanks again
I hope you all have a great Thursday

Last edited by flower123; 01-24-2019 at 06:49 AM.
Old 01-24-2019, 12:46 PM   #23  
Biker Chick!

Flower, I am stunned at how your mother reacts with you...I remember you speaking of it earlier, when we all first 'met' here. I can't even find the words!!! Horrid?? despicable?? and these are not words that I should be saying about anyone's mother!! I guess you know how to handle it best, it seems you have thought out all options and offered them. Wow. I am so, very sorry that you have to deal with this!!!
Old 01-24-2019, 12:52 PM   #24  
Biker Chick!

On a much lighter note, I loved your description of watching the bucket loader take care of this white business They are so skilled aren't they!!

I am only grateful for this rain, to reduce our towering snowbanks. We have lots of sand that I can broadcast by hand for the slick driveway. And that it is no longer -12 or colder.

I heard back from the guy who is on the Kitchen Operations Committee at the summer job. He said absolutely there could be a review of my compensation. The scheduling needs to be done through the Chef but the guy said he thought it should be workable. That was very good news. Of course maybe he was just telling me what I want to hear. I shall just have to be patient and wait til April to push it some more. Thanks Flower for your comps on the working Holly I have always tried to conduct myself at work, as if there was a secret camera that the boss is watching, lol.

Hoping to hear from some of our other friends here!
Old 01-24-2019, 05:31 PM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by VermontMom View Post
Flower, I am stunned at how your mother reacts with you...I remember you speaking of it earlier, when we all first 'met' here. I can't even find the words!!! Horrid?? despicable?? and these are not words that I should be saying about anyone's mother!! I guess you know how to handle it best, it seems you have thought out all options and offered them. Wow. I am so, very sorry that you have to deal with this!!!
Holly thank you got the caring words of support. Like water in a desert. The interaction has triggered gnawing need to do emotional eating. Of course I cannot give in to thatt. I have 4 lbs to lose in 2 weeks. Again, thank you for your compassion.

Hi to everyone. Hoping you are having a good day

Last edited by flower123; 01-24-2019 at 05:32 PM.
Old 01-24-2019, 05:41 PM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by VermontMom View Post
On a much lighter note, I loved your description of watching the bucket loader take care of this white business They are so skilled aren't they!!

I am only grateful for this rain, to reduce our towering snowbanks. We have lots of sand that I can broadcast by hand for the slick driveway. And that it is no longer -12 or colder.

I heard back from the guy who is on the Kitchen Operations Committee at the summer job. He said absolutely there could be a review of my compensation. The scheduling needs to be done through the Chef but the guy said he thought it should be workable. That was very good news. Of course maybe he was just telling me what I want to hear. I shall just have to be patient and wait til April to push it some more. Thanks Flower for your comps on the working Holly I have always tried to conduct myself at work, as if there was a secret camera that the boss is watching, lol.

Hoping to hear from some of our other friends here!
Holly great news that they are taking seriously your request . I honestly am not surprised considering your work ethic and obvious culinary skills/gifts Why do you have to wait until April to push it some more?

Re: the rain...YES!!! And it will remain above 17 degrees for a few days.
during the day. So salt will work.

Last edited by flower123; 01-24-2019 at 07:19 PM.
Old 01-25-2019, 01:44 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 198/202/155

Height: 5'2"

Hello Group!

I would like to try joining here and see how this works. I am back to watching my diet after doing HORRIBLE eating for the last several months. I was here on the forum several years ago but I seemed to be losing the battle because the harder I tried I GAINED weight. I did lose weight after last being here when I had to be on a diet for medical reasons, but have gained it back plus more. So here I am.

My general plan is limiting the amount and type of food I am eating. I want to focus on fruits, vegetables, whole grains and beans. I don't have an exercise plan in mind.

I look forward to reading more of the posts here. Also you can refer to me by my username or just J.

Have a great day!
junkatarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 02:51 PM   #28  

J glad you are here! Losing weight can be daunting. Sounds like you are choosing a healthy eating plan.
That's great. I have had countless false starts when dieting. I have, many times gained back lost weight, and then some
over the years. Again, glad you are here.

Last edited by flower123; 01-25-2019 at 02:51 PM.
Old 01-25-2019, 03:58 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 198/202/155

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by flower123 View Post
J I have had countless false starts when dieting. I have, many times gained back lost weight, and then some
over the years. Again, glad you are here.
Thank you for the welcome. I really firmly believe this battle with weight is all in our mind. We can win if we keep trying and stay on track.
junkatarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 09:52 PM   #30  

I just found a bump on my eye lid. Not quite the size of a pea. Outer right side of my eye lid.

Guess I'll be seeing a dermatologist soon.

lisaloveshearts is offline   Reply With Quote