Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2018, 09:11 PM   #1  
I can do it!!!

S/C/G: 223/165/145

Height: 5'4"

Smile October 2018 Ups & Downs Support Group thread

Hello and to the October 2018 Ups & Downs Support Group thread. Everyone is welcome to post here. We are a small but supportive group of people who share each other's ups & downs in weight loss, in life with depression and anxiety, and in life in general. Please post and let us know a little or a lot about yourself. We hope you will find support here!
Old 10-03-2018, 09:49 PM   #2  
I can do it!!!

S/C/G: 223/165/145

Height: 5'4"

Things are going a little better in my relationship from when I last posted. Thank you to all who sent prayers and positive wishes and good vibes my way. Our relationship is a bit of a rollercoaster ride at the moment, so please keep them coming! I have continued to go to the chiropractor and physical therapy combo place. I usually go three times a week. Just when I think it might be helping, I find myself still having difficulty just walking into and through the local grocery store without pain and limping. He has pinpointed that the primary problem is sciatica with bursitis in my hip, which makes sense the way my pain is manifesting. I just hope and pray that I can get relief. I am beginning to lose hope. Since I've had this pain for three years now, I feel like it is gonna last forever.

Coop: It's so wonderful to hear from you and to know that you are okay! Thanks for checking in. How is your fitness challenge going?

Holly: You have been in my thoughts and prayers. How are things going? Any leads on a new job for the winter? Hope all is well.

Lisa: I am so sorry that the number on the scale made you sad. I have been there many times, too, and it is so difficult not to get frustrated and want to give up. Please try to remember that it IS just a number and that you are taking positive steps in the right direction by joining and going to classes at the gym. Focus on baby steps; slow and steady progress. You can do this, Lisa! Most of all, as others have said, you are a beautiful person with a beautiful heart, and THAT is what matters most! The weight will come off one pound at a time with consistent effort.

Flower: I am sorry to hear that you were struggling with anxiety over a certain situation, but happy to know that things have lifted for you as of your last report. What a relief that must be! How has your weather been lately and how has it affected your plants? Hoping you can enjoy your flowers for as long as possible!

SusanPowell: I hope you made it over to the October thread. to the group! I am sorry that you struggle with seasonal affective disorder. Many people do, so you are definitely not alone. I am happy to hear that the SAD light has helped you. I hope you will find support here!

Panda: If you see this, please know that we are all worried about you! Please post if you can and hopefully let us know that you are okay!

Last edited by IBelieveInMe2; 10-03-2018 at 09:51 PM.
Old 10-07-2018, 08:27 PM   #3  

Hi Kathleen, hi ladies!!

Happy October!!!
Old 10-08-2018, 10:07 AM   #4  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Kathleen thank you for starting the October thread! It makes me so sad to hear that the pain in your hip/leg will strike you in everyday movements We hope so much that can be helped! and of course we are always sending positive vibes and prayers for your home relationship to be better - HUGS to you!! You write such supportive notes to all of us, you deserve everything good in life

Lisa cute Halloween-y avatar! You deserve everything good in life too!! in the past you have written such supportive nice things to me that I've tried to hold and remember and it has helped Hope the water aerobics are going good! and are your sinuses okay? that kind of pain hurts!

Pat (Flower) we are sorry to hear you were down for a while..I can be affected very much also by what I watch on TV, or if I'm around negative people . Glad you found yummy feta ! do you still have your basil plants? are you able to keep them going inside for the winter? we STILL haven't had a killing frost yet right in our home location yet, I know the lake has a tempering affect but that won't last forever. Definitely some things are dying back naturally so the woods are 'thinned out', and potted plants are looking scraggly, but the nasturtiums (look I memorized how to spell that ) are still going strong! and pansies too. I need to work on the lawn today but it is still really cool , overcast and still a little damp.

Coop so good to hear from you!! and you were 'near' us when you were in NY! well 300 miles from us What kind of exercise are you doing?

Panda we are missing you! hope you are okay!!

Still thinking of our Monica also !

I have today off YAY! There is only 2 more weeks of the 'good' job left (haha now the only job) and I am taking advantage of that by working as much as possible. Besides baking 6 days a week, I am signed up for working 3 nights a week also in the Dining Room, I am banking the money. Yes I have a job lead, maybe even 2, and they are both in the next town over, just 5 miles away, instead of 15 to 20 miles away, that would help so much with keeping my mileage down on the leased vehicle and less travel in winter.

that is it for now! i have so much to do on this one day off don't know where to begin PLUS it's a holiday so the banks are closed, boo, and some places where I needed to do stuff (like the dump/recycling place ) oh well. Have a good day!!
Old 10-08-2018, 01:18 PM   #5  
Biker Chick!

just reported the above to be spam, hopefully to be deleted soon.
Old 10-12-2018, 02:46 AM   #6  

Hi all
IBeieveinMe2 Thanks for starting the Oct thread. Glad to continue to send prayers and "good vibes" your way. Sciatica and Bursitis in your hip sounds horribly painful. Each one alone is very painful. OUCH
I hope you can make more progress. Have you tried any alternative methods such as energy work? eg reiki. Some would try that, others would not. I understand both. Thank you for asking about my plants. Rosemary is not doing too well. Rosemary plants are very sensitive to not enough water. I did not think to transplant her to a larger pot. So her needles are not doing well. She was transplanted. But IDK if it was in time to save her. Basil is showing all the signs of being loved. The three pots of basil have flourished beyond my wildest imagination. They will not last long. They are designed for a fast growing prolific life. I was thinking of buying globe basil seeds for inside the home. But sending away for them is costly with the postage.
Again, I hope you can find a mode of healing that shows results and hope. Sending prayer and light.

Lisa great halloween avatar. How are you doing? How are the water aerobics? How is life going?

Holly Thanks for asking about the basil. Because its sweet genevoise, It has a short life. It will not do well inside. They are still going strong outside. Flourishing beyond imagination. Brought inside during colder nights. Soon our daytime highs will be in the 40s. So beginning now, my sweetheart plants will only come in when it is in the 30s at night. So happy to hear that you have not yet had a killing frost. I too am close enough to the lake thus no frost. Glad your nasturtiums are going strong and pansies too. yay. I found that if I let pansies go to seed I can scatter the seeds in the garden and many will come up the next year. I am hoping you will get that job closer to where you live. Especially in the winter months. Less snowy driving, less gas money, less mileage on the car. Please do let us know when you hear about it. Of course they would be very lucky to have you work there. Fingers and toes crossed. And light sent!

Hi everyone else. Still worried about Panda.
I hope you all gave a great friday and weekend. <3 Pat

Last edited by flower123; 10-12-2018 at 03:42 PM.
Old 10-12-2018, 10:30 PM   #7  

Thank you Kathleen, for starting the Oct thread.

Not much going on here. My headaches are a little better. When I got paid on the 3rd, I bought ibuprofen and Excedrin Migraine.

I've been getting free clothes off of a local gifting Facebook page. I also bought 2 pair of boot cut jeans on the 3rd. They look so nice on me. It is so nice to have jeans finally.
I also found someone locally who was giving free haircuts today. He is a barber getting his hours toward his certificate.

I had $400 saved toward flying home for Christmas. I accidentally fell on the kitten in the middle of the night and had to take her to the emergency vet. $342 later she's OK. She had a bloody nose and was breathing weird. I felt like I had really hurt her. I didn't have a choice but to save her.

Jennifer took it really well that my flight money is gone. I won't be able to fly home for Christmas now. I'll start saving for a spring visit. sigh I told her that I always feel like I let her down but she was so sweet. She said she'd take some time off from work in the spring.

Much love to all.
Old 10-12-2018, 10:34 PM   #8  

Lisa: I am so sorry that the number on the scale made you sad. I have been there many times, too, and it is so difficult not to get frustrated and want to give up. Please try to remember that it IS just a number and that you are taking positive steps in the right direction by joining and going to classes at the gym. Focus on baby steps; slow and steady progress. You can do this, Lisa! Most of all, as others have said, you are a beautiful person with a beautiful heart, and THAT is what matters most! The weight will come off one pound at a time with consistent effort.

Holly,

​​​​​​Thank you for this. I don't think I've lost anymore but I still look pretty nice in my new jeans.

Last edited by lisaloveshearts; 10-12-2018 at 10:43 PM.
Old 10-12-2018, 10:46 PM   #9  

Hi flower,

I am having a terrible time posting tonight.

I am doing good. It is getting really chilly at night but we're ok. I am feeling really good health wise. My mental health is really good too.

I hope you are doing well. ��

Last edited by lisaloveshearts; 10-12-2018 at 10:48 PM.
Old 10-13-2018, 07:20 AM   #10  
Biker Chick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaloveshearts View Post
Hi flower,

I am having a terrible time posting tonight.

I am doing good. It is getting really chilly at night but we're ok. I am feeling really good health wise. My mental health is really good too.

I hope you are doing well. ��
Hi Lisa it is so wonderful to see your positive words above, it is fantastic that you are feeling really good health wise in both body AND mind!! I am SO very sorry that your saved money had to be spent!!! of course you had to have the kitty taken care of but so sad it took your flying home money. Your daughter of course understood but how hard for you to make that call. maybe something will come up that you can afford it. Meanwhile how nice that you feel good with the clothes! You rock Lisa

Pat oh we love our plant children so much don't we!! i'm so glad yours flourished beyond imagination Of course the day will come when we have to say good bye to them...for a few months. yes I have been so very excited to find pansies that self-seeded in the spring, there is a particular little plant by my rhubarb that did so, yellow/black, and I talk to 'him' all the time encouraging his vitality. and his flowers have garnished my lunch platters this summer.

Hi to everyone else!!

I had the most disappointing 2 job interviews yesterday!! one place who was thrilled at the thought of having me, a mature, responsible woman with years and years of retail food experience, to 'manage' the coffee shop, except when it comes to pay!!! When asked what I wanted, well I aimed high for a starting rate, and said $14.00 ...she looked shocked and said 'the owner won't go for that, she will probably start you at $11.00". Well...you gotta pay for someone responsible! and the other place, well I had met the owner and he was extremely enthusiastic about offering me a baking position there, at a high rate...his manager though said that they guy was essentially 'talking out of his @ss' and did NOT have anything like that for me! he offered night waitressing, he said his waitstaff make over $50,000 a year..I don't doubt that, but i am almost frggin 58 years old and I don't want to start working HARDER at this point in my life!

anyway..I love yakking about my problems to you all
Old 10-15-2018, 07:50 PM   #11  

My Nascar driver ran out of gas on turn 4 of the final lap, yesterday. He was in 1st coming to the line.

His neighbors in North Carolina left him this today.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bo9l53ig...=1w4s8y58xsjc0

Last edited by lisaloveshearts; 10-15-2018 at 07:51 PM.
Old 10-15-2018, 07:55 PM   #12  

always think positive connecting mind, body and soul
Old 10-16-2018, 01:42 AM   #13  

Lisa so glad you are getting all you need at a great price, or for free. Great that you are finding all this! You must have been so frightened about the kitten. So glad she is okay. Glad you had the money to pay the vet. But sorry it was saved for airfare. I wish I had some money to give to you. But I too live on a very small fixed income. Glad that Jennifer understood. Of course you had to spend that money on kitty. There was no other logical choice. SO glad to read that your mental health is good. That means a lot to read. wow I love, reading it. Although when it isnt, I think its very important to write about that too. Its going to be very cold here where I live. Will get down to 32 degrees on Wednesday night. Temp will be high of 40 on Wednesday. You have a Nascar driver? Funny that they left him a can of gas. Very appropriate

Holly I hope you find a great job very soon. Sorry that the 2 interviews did not go well. Waitstaff can make 50,000 per year???? Seriously? I am very impressed. But I hear ya re age and running around with big trays of food etc. Its not healthy for the body after a certain age. I really hope the next interview will be for the perfect job at a great salary, LOVE the way you tend to your plants. so sweet. I brought in my basil and rosemary tonight. I didn't take them out today until late. because it was so darned cold in my home. I didn't realize it was in the 50s outside. Wednesday night will be 32 degrees where I am. Do you have many plants to take indoors? Or have you already done that. I need to re-pot a lipstick plant, before it gets too cold. Again, I am hoping your next job interview will be for the perfect position. Great salary. You deserve nothing less.

Brodly hello. Welcome
Old 10-17-2018, 08:44 PM   #14  

Hi Holly, hi Pat,

Someone gave me 2 pill things. Where you count out your pills for the week. I think the fact I am taking all my pills correctly day in and day out has really helped my moods. I feel so good I will never go back to the way I was taking my pills before.

Not much else going on here. Have a good Tues and Wed.
Old 10-18-2018, 05:36 AM   #15  

Hey Lisa
great that you found a way to feel better. Just taking your pills regularly. Glad you figured it out <3.

Trying to just stay on plan with my eating. Today fell off a bit when I had 3 boneless chicken wings. Other than that, great.
Hoping you have a good Thursday.
Closed Thread