Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 05-16-2017, 05:19 PM   #31  
I can do it!!!

S/C/G: 223/165/145

Height: 5'4"

Unhappy

Well, ladies, I am pretty bummed out, because I am indeed still lopsided. I am really not sure how they could have gotten this wrong two times, but it appears they have. I spoke to the nurse who told me there is something called "binding" that they can do once I'm healed to bring the one side down to be more even with the other side. I will probably do that and will ask the doctor more about it at my follow-up appointment on Friday. I am thinking that the original doctor (who I ended up leaving) probably put my tissue expanders in unevenly/lopsided during my very first double mastectomy surgery when they place the tissue expanders under the muscle to begin the process of breast reconstruction. That is the only explanation I can think of for two different sets of implants ending up uneven. Anyway, sorry to go on about this, but I really need to vent. My hubby is sick of hearing it (although he has been pretty darn patient with me). Now, I will probably need to continue to wear mastectomy bras and supplement one side to make my "breasts" appear as even as possible. I had SOOOO hoped to get out of mastectomy bras and swimsuits! Actually, I'm not sure what I will do for the swimsuit situation. Might not be anything I can do..... It really depresses me when I think about it too much. I try to focus on the fact that the surgery is over, I survived, and they didn't find any more cancer during the surgery. Sometimes, I get tired of looking on the bright side of things, though. I've been doing that for a damn long time!

Coop: It is great to hear from you, although I'm sorry you are still having some frustrations with your dad. I hope he is okay after hurting his side. And I hope you were able to get some much-needed rest!

Lisa: That is the sweetest story about the little bond that has formed between Lily and the neighbor Rottie!!! That must be so cute to watch! And HOORAY for looser yoga pants!!! How did your Mother's Day go with Jennifer? Did you go to the cemetery as planned? How did that go? Thinking of you!

Holly: I hope you enjoyed your Mother's Day celebration with your sons! Thank you for all of your kind words about my surgery, recovery, and being a supportive mom and everything. How did you know I needed a boost? That monstrosity next door sounds like one gigantic pain in the @$$!!!!! I'm so sorry you have to deal with it! How did day two of your summer job go? I sure hope you get the warming trend that you said is coming your way!

JesikaBeth: Thank you for stopping in often for well wishes and group hugs! I notice your thoughtfulness and I appreciate it! I hope that Mother's Day wasn't too rough on you this year. Sending big hugs!

Cinnamonhearts: How are you? Haven't heard from you in a little while. Hope all is well!

Monica (EasySpirit): Hello to you if you are reading along! I hope and pray that your pain has either subsided or is more manageable by the time you read this post. Please drop us a line with an update when you have the chance.
IBelieveInMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 06:07 AM   #32  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Kathleen OH man not again?? of COURSE you are upset about the unevenness, that is so bad that they did not get it right!! and you HAVE been so flippin upbeat about it all the way through, you are definitely trying to look at the 'glass half full' instead of the other way..gosh I hope the "binding" is a viable course of action. PLEASE come here whenever to vent, lots of swearing and tantrums is expected!! our biggest hugs to you

and yes the first days back at the Club were great, today is Opening Day, so I might not check in for a couple days (am spending the nights there because I'm working in the dining room too) We have had some sun and yesterday was warm AND sunny, yay but back to our kinda cool days of highs in the low 60's. Someday it will be consistently sunny and warm here, lol.

Yes the monstrosity just goes on and on yesterday there was an excavator running, plus about 6 hammer monkeys crawling all over the exterior. I put on my sunglasses, my big hearing protection ear-things (like ear muffs? but plastic and padded, don't know what to call them) and just go about my business, trying to completely ignore them. If you can ignore an excavator 25 feet from you and 6 hammer monkeys SOMEDAY it will be finished,,i hope.

I had my first cup of coffee on the deck this morning, YAY!!!! birds singing, and I was admiring my lawn that I weedwacked and mowed yesterday. Flowers are still little but hopefully will get big soon

LOVE To you all!!
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 06:41 PM   #33  

Kathleen, I am so very sorry your surgery wasn't able to correct the problem. It is absolutely normal for you to be disappointed/angry. If you were weren't, well I don't see how you couldn't be. You are a remarkable woman, Kathleen. Remarkable, strong, resilient, kind, caring.....you are many wonderful things. I have no great message to give you, I wish I did. Just know you are incredibly loved here and we are always here if you need us.

Holly
, how is your job going? I bet you are sooo busy. Much love to you. I hope you can post soon.

Not much going on here. I'm not down here just feeling kinda quiet. Have a great weekend.

Last edited by lisaloveshearts; 05-19-2017 at 06:43 PM.
lisaloveshearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 10:28 AM   #34  

Hi all! Hope you:re all having a good weekend! I've sort of had a chance to catch up now, so thought I'd say hi!

Holly glad things are finally warming up for you and your good summer job has started again too oh my goodness, I can't believe they are still building that monstrosity next door - I really hope it ends soon!

Kathleen - great to hear you've finished your final reconstruction - I have everything crossed that when the swelling goes, you'll be absolutely perfect again! Fantastic news your son has passed his first year! Hope he gets a summer job sorted soon and your daughter's prom sounds so lovely, I can just picture it in my head - it's really sweet of you to organise it for her

Lisa you sound like you're settling in really well to your new home and meeting some great new people! I'm very envious - you put me to shame, still sitting home on the couch all night!

Jessica, I was thinking about you over mother's day, it's a really tough day - I hope things are easing up a bit now!
Coop27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 10:42 AM   #35  

Well there isn't a lot to report here. OH is visiting his gran today, so we'll see how her memory is doing. We're thinking of getting her into sheltered accommodation - i think it's what you'd call a retirement village? They live independently in a special street with a warden that checks up on everyone? Will see how she feels about it.

I'm still struggling with a lot of anger just now, I need to work it out somehow. Apparently I woke my OH up in the middle of the night, desperately trying to find a lipstick. I made him get up so I could check his pillows, then when it wasn't there, I rolled over and went back to sleep! It'd be funny if it wasn't worrying!

I was on a training course last week - only female there - and we had to climb a ladder and out through a hatch. I got stuck in the hatch and had to be pulled out - it was so embarrassing! It wasn't a fat thing, I just wasn't strong enough to pull myself through. Hate giving us girls reputation like that! So I'm hunting for upper body exercises now. Any thoughts?

Last edited by Coop27; 05-20-2017 at 10:43 AM.
Old 05-21-2017, 12:15 PM   #36  

Old 05-21-2017, 12:17 PM   #37  

Old 05-21-2017, 05:36 PM   #38  

Aww Lisa she's a sweetie! Is this Lily?
Old 05-21-2017, 07:22 PM   #39  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop27 View Post
Aww Lisa she's a sweetie! Is this Lily?
This is the newest member of the household, Coop. I cannot tell if it is a he or a she but I have named her Hazel. If she winds up being a boy, well, I'm in trouble. I have no boy names. She is very young. Her momma is feral and a friend of mine rescued her and her brothers and sisters.

My other cats are kind of a afraid of her but are not hissing at her.
Old 05-22-2017, 10:24 AM   #40  

A girl I went to school with randomly contacted me at the weekend, accusing me of shunning her because she had cancer. It's very strange - she cut contact with us 14 years ago, and went through her cancer battle about 3 years ago.

I heard about her illness from a friend, who heard it from a friend, who heard it from a friend... I did ask how she was doing, but didn't contact the girl directly, because I didn't know if we were meant to know.

I'm a bit wound up - I know I should let it go, but it's playing on my mind. Really odd, but it touched a nerve given the last year with my OH's dad and my sister's near miss.
Old 05-25-2017, 05:03 PM   #41  

Hi all! How are you all getting on? It's very quiet here lately.

How is the new kitty Lisa?

And the summer job Holly?

Has the swelling gone down Kathleen?

We are having a bit of a heat wave here - it's lovely, but think it will pass by the weekend. I hope the sun can put me in a good mood!

OH will get his final test for gluten next month, I am looking forward to going on a diet afterwards, I need to stop feeling so frumpy! Still managing bits of exercise, but I've not developed a good routine for it. I'm hoping to work on it next week.

Hope everyone is getting on alright!
Old 05-26-2017, 03:34 PM   #42  

Hi Coop,

Coop, The kitty is doing good. I have her/him fattened up. It's so cute.

I'm sorry I have been quiet. I'm just not been in a great mood. Seems everyone else has too.

I do hope you all are well.
Old 05-28-2017, 04:06 AM   #43  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaloveshearts View Post
Hi Coop,

Coop, The kitty is doing good. I have her/him fattened up. It's so cute.

I'm sorry I have been quiet. I'm just not been in a great mood. Seems everyone else has too.

I do hope you all are well.
Sorry to hear you're mood is off - I hope things turn about soon! Kitty sounds so cute - they're so adorable at that size!
Old 05-29-2017, 05:42 PM   #44  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hello friends!! Yes I have been absent because of work..why does work get in the way of our lives, lol. Opening Week went well, even though we were short staffed and I have been working in the dining room at nights alot too. As long as my legs and humor hold out I'll keep doing it, until our international workers get here in a couple weeks.

Our weather has been wet and cool!! our flowers and plants WANT some consistent heat and sun but haven't gotten it. And the tech school STILL has my bike, it has been 4 weeks today!! but I haven't even really missed her because of the crummy weather ...but I really want her back in my driveway. i don't know why the work has been taking so long and the guy has not been good about returning my calls but I am trying to be cool about it

Coop, that was B.S. about the 'friend' contacting you after so long and being weird!

Lisa, pics of the kitten are so cute!!

and HI to everyone else!
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 01:26 PM   #45  

Holly - hope work is going well! Just think of the money - and keep thinking of the money

Yeah, I'm still finding the whole "friend" thing strange. I just worry she's spreading that sort of cr@p around my home town! They do like gossip back there

How are your eyes settling down? Has the pain gone away yet?