Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 12-21-2016, 07:17 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 173/133/140

Height: 5'2"

Holly, I am very impressed with your mushroom business! Just a few short weeks ago you were upset about it; you do such beautiful work, I can see this really taking off.

Lisa, how did your appointment go?

This is a tough time of year for me, but I am okay. The exercise helps, and I am quite pleased with my weight, although I have been eating too much with the different holiday gatherings. I have decided I am going to stay home on Christmas Eve - I never like going to the cousins' party, I always worry about the drive home, etc. I will go to my sister's for Christmas dinner with all other family members who live in the area. I have sent my presents (checks and gift cards) to all who will not be there. I have given gifts and gift cards to my favorite waitress at book club, the mail delivery woman, my newspaper person, my cleaning lady, my favorite waitress at the cafe where I get coffee, my hairdresser, and the woman who does my nails. I bought a few extra Target gift cards in case I forgot someone, and keep them, and some Christmas cards, in my purse. I am relieved with my decision to stay home on Christmas Eve and treat it like any other night.

I keep giving myself a pep talk - I am healthy and on no meds, I have no money problems, I have a beautiful home surrounded by nice, helpful neighbors, I have great friends, I am exercising six or seven days a week. There is no need to be upset because I feel awkward, out of place, alone ....on Christmas. I make myself feel this way, nobody else does. I am alone because I have chosen to be alone - after my long ago horrible break-up I decided this was best for me. My nieces and nephews always seem thrilled to see me.

Quite a pep talk! And, it seems to be working. I will get through the day, I will come home and start thinking about how to reward myself for getting through it!!! It just might be time for me to start dating.

Hello to everyone else.

Last edited by EasySpirit; 12-21-2016 at 07:19 PM.
EasySpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 09:41 PM   #47  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop27 View Post
Holly - your spite path made me laugh! I hope you will be able to find your neighbours bearable over time. Our bunnies are a little better now - basically one rabbit got gut blockage, the other rabbit took offence to the smell of medicine, and they had a big fall out. We have had to reintroduce them quite slowly...

Lisa - I hope your neurologist can give you some answers! Could it be a side-effects of medicine? I'm so pleased your check is covering the renovations with change! Hopefully there will be no surprises!

Coop, I feel like an idiot. It's stress. She made me take some memory tests and I did ok. I thought I was a little slow.

All my fuss and it was just stress.

She did say I need to find a way to relax, that my problems would just continue to snow ball.

I'm going to look up mediation on Youtube. I've always wanted to learn, this might be the time to learn.
lisaloveshearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 09:48 PM   #48  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesikaBeth View Post
Lisa, I hope your neurologist can give you some answers. Best wishes and keep us posted

VermontMom, thanks. Yes bad timing. I am feeling a little better.

JesikaBeth, She did, I guess. I feel dumb. I was freaking out a lot. yeah, stress.
Old 12-21-2016, 09:50 PM   #49  

Quote:
Hi everyone

So I struggle with anxiety and sensory issues. I have since I can remember, and am on medication for this.

I am starting to get nervous about the holidays.

Christmas eve day, we go to see her family in Louisiana. Her family is HUGE (something I never had) and the whole experience can be quite overwhelming. While I enjoy seeing everyone, I have a challenging time too

Other than that, all is ok. I'm at work today, despite still feeling a bit under the weather.
JesikaBeth, I hope you make it through the holidays ok. Just try enjoying the time with your wife.
I do kinda understand, I don't life family get togethers but I'm going on Friday for one. It's the first Christmas since my mother passed away in March. This will be the last family Christmas, at our family home. It'll be sold next year.

Last edited by lisaloveshearts; 12-21-2016 at 10:03 PM.
Old 12-21-2016, 09:57 PM   #50  

Holly and Monica, I had a full day today. I got a lot done. I'll tell you all about it tomorrow.

I've also decided that when I do forget something, I'm just not going to worry about it. There is no use in getting all upset.

Thank you for the well wishes. My appt was ok. I'm just kinda mad at myself for getting so upset.

Last edited by lisaloveshearts; 12-21-2016 at 09:59 PM.
Old 12-22-2016, 04:44 AM   #51  

Lisa, I'm so glad you got your answers. I'm not surprised she found you were stressed, you have had so much to be stressed about. Will you get much time to rest over the holidays?

Your Christmas day is going to be very sad, sending lots of hugs it will only last one day though, then you can look back on how strong you were to get through it.
Coop27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 04:46 AM   #52  

Jessica - I hope you have a lovely Christmas and you can find a little quiet spot for yourself. Big family Christmases look like such hard work, but I'm sure you'll have a ball!
Old 12-22-2016, 04:50 AM   #53  

Holly - yay for your mushrooms! That extra cash will come in handy this time of year!

I never knew how much there was to know about rabbits until we took them on. They are such good pets, as long as you know how to handle them. They constantly make us laugh with the silly things they do. If you like a bit of cheek, you'd love rabbits
Old 12-22-2016, 04:52 AM   #54  

Monica, I hope you have a lovely Christmas, I think it sounds like a lovely plan. My gosh you are so generous with your gifts too! I hope everyone appreciates them!
Old 12-22-2016, 05:08 AM   #55  

I can't believe it will be Christmas in just a few days! We have had a hard time deciding what to do this year. It will be our second Christmas without my mum and OH's first without his dad. We normally spend Christmas with our separate families, and celebrate together a few days later with a second Christmas dinner. We decided to do that again this year, but I think his family are judging me for not dropping my family this year to support his. If I did that, it would leave just my dad and my sister to have a very quiet Christmas day, with two empty chairs at the table, and I just couldn't do that. Especially because I'd usually do the cooking! So OH will have a quiet one, just him and his gran this year, while I'll be with my dad and sister. It will be such a tough year for OH. I know they'll pull through though.

I miss the days when we could look forward to Christmas! But we will celebrate our Christmas together on the 27th, and I think that will be an easier day, because it's always just the two of us.

I think the best bit is that I'm now off work for 18 days, and I'm looking forward to the break! We need to get on top of our housework and just spend a few days relaxing. I can't wait!

Last edited by Coop27; 12-22-2016 at 05:14 AM.
Old 12-22-2016, 07:37 AM   #56  

S/C/G: SW: 323 CW: See Ticker GW: 180

Height: 5'8

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaloveshearts View Post
JesikaBeth, She did, I guess. I feel dumb. I was freaking out a lot. yeah, stress.
Lisa, hugs

I'm sorry you feel dumb, but better to be safe then sorry is my motto.

Relaxation can help wonders. I meditate daily (or shoot for daily, anyway!) That is going to be one of my goals for the new year - daily meditation. I find it really helps a great deal with so many things across the board. Have fun researching. There's so many different ways to meditate as well. I suggest during meditation to use incense (or sage) if you are not too smell sensitive
JesikaBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 07:40 AM   #57  

S/C/G: SW: 323 CW: See Ticker GW: 180

Height: 5'8

Arrow

Thanks everyone for the Holiday wishes! To you all as well

Today is my last day at work before Christmas and I'm off on Monday - WhooHoo . I'm here early today because I have a lot of lose ends to tie up, and I'm off at 3pm today.

Have a great Holiday everyone. I'll be back on Monday to check in
JesikaBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 02:11 PM   #58  

Quote:
Lisa, hugs

I'm sorry you feel dumb, but better to be safe then sorry is my motto.

Relaxation can help wonders. I meditate daily (or shoot for daily, anyway!) That is going to be one of my goals for the new year - daily meditation. I find it really helps a great deal with so many things across the board. Have fun researching. There's so many different ways to meditate as well. I suggest during meditation to use incense (or sage) if you are not too smell sensitive

I'm going to try.

I'm having a down day. Not having any money this time of year, is so hard. I am supposed to make a couple of trips to my hometown, next week. I am not going to have the gas money. It just makes me cry. I had a bad dream this morning, too and today, I am just so incredibly sad.

I think everything is hitting me all at once. I feel so alone.
Old 12-22-2016, 03:35 PM   #59  

Lisa, it is tough being short of money at this time of year. Could you ask for someone to give you a tank of petrol for a christmas present this year?
Old 12-23-2016, 11:47 AM   #60  
I can do it!!!

S/C/G: 223/165/145

Height: 5'4"

Smile Merry Christmas..... almost!

Since my check-ins have been spread out, I'll take this time to say "Merry Christmas" to those who are celebrating it on the 25th (and all season long)! We have already begun our celebrating since my sister-in-law is in town from New York and my family is so large that we spread out our celebrations. Tonight is my family's HUGE Christmas celebration. I am from Ohio (Columbus area) and I don't know if any of you follow hockey, but the Columbus Blue Jackets just took 1st place in the NHL last night with a BIG win over the Pittsburgh Penguins! The rest of my little family is going to another CBJ game tonight. (Had tickets before we knew about our family Christmas celebration.) As much as I want to go to that darn game, I have just decided that, especially with my Dad being 87 and my Mom being 82, I better choose family over a hockey game. My son continues to do well and I thank God for his "homecoming!" I pray things continue to go well for him once school starts in January.

Lisa: I am so thankful that all is okay with your memory issues!!! I wish you didn't feel dumb about being worried and going to the doctor about your concern. You did the right thing, and now you can address the stress that is causing the memory issues. I hope you will take up meditation to help you in that effort. I admire people who can meditate. I want to, but I feel like I don't have the patience for it. Yay about the insurance coverage being more than the contractor's estimate. Let's pray and keep our fingers crossed that all will go smoothly with the repairs and you will have some money to spare. I am so very sorry that you cannot make your car payments right now. I will keep that situation in my prayers. Don't give up hope! Sending you lots of love and hugs!!!

Holly: You are hilarious with your path of vengeance!!! I can't say I blame you one bit! I am so happy to hear that your mushrooms are selling! You go girl!!!

Coop: I hope your rabbit with the gut issues is okay! I am a serious animal lover and I worry when animals are sick. That's too bad that the two rabbits had a fall out. I hope things are resolving between them. I also hope that all will work out with your Christmas celebrations with your family and OH's family. I totally understand why you would want to be with your Dad at this time of year, especially with your Mum not being around. Hopefully, OH's family will understand, too, even though he just suffered a loss of his own. Difficult decisions to make this time of year.

Monica: Great to hear from you! You certainly ARE generous with your Christmas presents! That is wonderful! Your plan for Christmas Eve sounds perfect... for you... and that's what is important. Good for you for taking care of your own needs.

JesikaBeth: I hope you are feeling better and that all will go well at your wife's family Christmas celebration. I come from a huge family and I know it's been intimidating for significant others to join in, especially at first. Hope you are able to enjoy yourself!

Waving hello to everyone else!
IBelieveInMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote