Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 10-27-2015, 02:54 PM   #46  
full of thanks

My daughter has been struggling with depression. I won't go into detail but it is so hard to watch her be so sick. She is getting professional help. Please, please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.
Lisaluvshearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 06:31 PM   #47  
full of thanks

Jennifer is still struggling. She cries all the time, especially at work. We go back to the Dr on Friday. I am going to go with her if she lets me. I just want to know what is going on by being there.

I hope you all are doing well.
Old 10-30-2015, 07:59 AM   #48  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Lisa, I am so sorry to hear how your poor daughter is struggling!! I am thinking of her and you

EasySpirit it is fantastic to hear that you are doing pretty darn well
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 04:29 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 200/200/155

Height: 5'6"

I hope that its okay to post here but I thought I would sorta see if anyone else goes through their worst ups and downs just before during their monthly time? I always have the worst depression and literally have a difficult time seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

I'm sure I'm not alone.
BlueCat84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 06:37 PM   #50  
I can do it!!!

S/C/G: 223/165/145

Height: 5'4"

Unhappy Prayers for Jennifer!

Lisa: I am so incredibly sorry to hear that Jennifer is having such a difficult time with depression right now. I actually thought that I had replied to you, but I don't see it here. I think I was posting on my phone the other day and got interrupted before I submitted my reply. Anyway, I am keeping Jennifer in my thoughts and prayers. Were you able to go to the doctor with her today, and if so, how did it go? I sure do hope she gets the help she needs and deserves. It is awful when our kids are struggling! And how are YOU doing?

EasySpirit: Yes, my doctor and physical therapist explained the dangers due to the risk of infection after lymph node removal, including wearing rubber gloves when doing yard work or anything where I risk cutting myself. I am still accepting that this (lymphedema) condition is for life. In one way, it seems cruel, but on the other hand, it is somewhat of a small price to pay for still being alive! The compression sleeve I need to wear on my arm can be a pain in the butt a lot of the time, but oh well! I just need to deal with it! It sure sounds like you are doing AWESOME!!! Being off all meds and into a normal weight range must feel wonderful!!! I am very happy for you. Also glad to hear that the yoga and meditation are helping so much. I am intrigued by both, but afraid that I am too uncoordinated for yoga (and my belly will get in the way) and I can't get my mind still enough for meditation.

Holly: I can relate to your aversion to winter. I am STILL holding onto the warmer weather for as long as I can. Most of the time, I still refuse to wear a coat, although I broke down and wore one today when I walked my pups. I agree, everything feels harder and takes longer when going places in the winter. Blah!!!!!! How are your workouts coming? I hope you are getting back on track. Is the motorcycle put away for the winter yet? And dare I ask....... how is the winter job?

BlueCat84: Thanks for chiming in! I am sure that others can relate to you. I am currently being forced into menopause for hormone therapy to reduce my chances of a breast cancer recurrence. So I do not get a period any more at this point. I used to get moody sometimes at that TOM, but I didn't seem to get extremely depressed like you are describing. I am sorry that you are experiencing that. Sounds awful! How are your moods otherwise? Are you on any meds for depression? Only answer if you feel comfortable. Best of luck to you!

Waving hello to everyone else!!! Happy Halloween! Have a great weekend!!!
IBelieveInMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 03:06 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 200/200/155

Height: 5'6"

Thank you so much for your lovely response to my inquiry. I am more than comfortable to talk about these things with everyone on here. I've read alot of the posts and I feel like this is a highly supportive group and very caring.

I do take antidepressants. Currently, I am taking Effexor and Welbutrin. I really wish I wasn't on these medications anymore and I have tried to get off Effexor but it was a nightmare. I literally felt like a monster was inside me and I couldn't control any emotions and feeling like I was out of my mind. I will never try to go off again until I know I have a better plan for dealing with the withdrawal symptoms. I'm sure many of you have dealt with something like this. Doctors only seem to know how to get us on medication but not off.

Anyways, my emotions are usually ok. I've recently lowered my sugar intake and it's been very helpful in balancing my emotions and anxiety. I'm trying desperately to lose weight and keep it off. Never an easy task as my body doesn't want to let go of anything.
BlueCat84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 07:52 PM   #52  
full of thanks

Kathleen, this has been the worst time in my entire life. She is really bad off. She was crying all the time, even at work. She's had to come home several times too. It scares me badly when I get a depression but to see your own child going through something so deep and dark and there is very little that you can do to help....pure ****. I keep telling her that I will do everything in my power to get her through this. I am just praying that this new med pulls her out of it so that her talk therapy can start to help.

I am still working on school work, it has been helping to keep my mind busy.

I miss you all.
Old 11-05-2015, 12:10 PM   #53  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

Lisa:

So many things I want to tell you:

Yoga -Here are some sitting poses - so no worries about falling. http://www.yogajournal.com/category/...seated-twists/

It's be so helpful to me with my mood disorders that I highly highly recommend it. It's so soothing to the mind.

Re: your daughter: I am sorry to hear it's a hard time, but thank goodness she's getting help. My daughter is in the process of being dx'd with BPII and it's crushing to me. She's not even a teen yet. But I've been able to notice the signs (now that I'm medicated) and can get her help that she very much needs.

Hang in there!
dcapulet is offline   Reply With Quote