Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 10-21-2015, 11:43 AM   #31  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Lisa I'm so sorry you're feeling so blah. I hope hope HOPE that feeling goes away!!

I'm feeling my usual end - of - summer hopelessness. This sounds so harsh but to me, there is not much point in existing when it is not green and beautiful out. What a nutcase 😵
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 04:49 AM   #32  
keep on truckin' momma

S/C/G: 278/255/170

Height: 5'2

Morning

Lisa- hang in there, your in my thoughts. I'm sure everything will be just fine. Sorry your having to go through this.

Holly- I hear ya on the end of summer vents, I too love summer....well my favorite time of the year is spring.

Hello to everybody thats reading.

Well, I gotta be at work in about 15 minutes so I'm just popping in for a second.

Have a great weekend :-)
misspriss78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 08:03 AM   #33  
Biker Chick!

Hi chicks

Lisa - how are you doing?? and how is your daughter? I'm sorry you're behind in school and that you were consumed by the Blahs the other day. I'm sure you're also thinking of the biopsy results, we are too!

dcapulet - I like that you said you were going to focus on exercise to get you through the blues, that is smart!!

misspriss - glad you were able to jump in here, even for just a little bit.

So I had off this week; when I checked in here Monday I told of the freakin snow on the ground. Well that melted, and I was able to be outside and rake leaves and do some yard clean up and that made me happy ... then each day I was able to get out on the motorcycle and that made me happier

But today I go back to the crappy winter job If I keep my boss and irritating co-worker out of my head, it is OK. So that is what I have to do.

Oh!! I've worked out 3 times in 4 days I am sore and embarrassed that I let myself lose so much muscle and strength but I want to get back to being a consistent exerciser.

I will check in tonight hopefully to let you know what kind of day at work I had
Old 10-23-2015, 06:06 PM   #34  
full of thanks

Hello sweet Holly,
I am so sorry you have the bad blahs. I have trouble understanding your blahs, I love the autumn time. The trees are so beautiful and I love the cool air. Is it mainly your crappy winter job that gets you so down? I don't care for winter either, I get stuck in my driveway all the time. This year though, I am getting new tires on my car, that should help. Again, I'm really sorry you struggle after summer. I wish I could help.

Hello everyone, Hello Holly,
My results came back fine. The mass was benign.

They changed Jennifer's medicine to a totally different one. She took it yesterday and seemed to be ok. I don't know how she did today, she's not coming home after work. She goes away for the weekends. I just pray she does well on this new anti-depressant.

misspriss, (amy?) I hope you are doing good. It is always lovely to see you stop in even if it is simply to say hello.

I am slowly catching up in school, slowly but surely.

Much love to all.

Lisaluvshearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 09:28 AM   #35  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Ladies,

Just popping in to say hello and to give you all a big

Leenie
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 01:31 PM   #36  
full of thanks

Hello Leenie, Hello friends,

It is so nice to see you in here Leenie!!!! Thank you for the hugs, we certainly need plenty of those around these parts.

My allergies are bothering me, my head hurts so I am not feeling well. Even the inside of my nose hurts.

I hope that you all are doing ok today. It is definitely a fall day here, cool and windy.

Sorry I'm not in a better mood, my head is just bothering me.

Hope you all are having a great Saturday!!!!!

Old 10-24-2015, 09:28 PM   #37  
Biker Chick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisaluvshearts View Post

Hello everyone, Hello Holly,
My results came back fine. The mass was benign.

that is the best news ever!!

Last edited by VermontMom; 10-24-2015 at 09:29 PM.
Old 10-24-2015, 09:39 PM   #38  
Biker Chick!

Lisa, thank you for trying to understand how I feel as I do So I know I can't fight mother nature, it's gonna be cold and snowy. I can go to thrift stores to get warm boots and all the warm clothes I need..it's just that life is so much more difficult in winter, have to get up earlier to shovel, clear off the car, takes longer driving to work; bringing in groceries is a messy chore, etc. And I just go to work, come home, eat, tv/computer, go to bed, repeat for 5 months
Old 10-25-2015, 02:09 AM   #39  
I can do it!!!

S/C/G: 223/165/145

Height: 5'4"

Talking So Happy For You Lisa!!!

Lisa: I am so incredibly happy to hear that the mass was benign!!!!! : What a HUGE relief for you, I'm sure!!! I was hoping and praying that you wouldn't have to go through what I just went through. Not fun at all. Great news!!! What is going on with Jennifer? Sorry but I think I missed what was causing her to vomit. An anti-depressant? I hope she is doing better on the new med! Please keep us posted.

Holly: So sorry to hear that you have to endure that winter job again..... and your horrible boss. Are you sure you don't want to look for a different job this year? I know that is easier said than done, but I hate that you are so unhappy there (half of the year). Anyway, that's all I'll say about that. Great job working out 3 of the last 4 days!!! Keep up the great work! We just bought a sitting elliptical today. It might sound wimpy to sit and do an elliptical, but it will be a much better workout than our old recumbent cycle and just the treadmill. And, best of all, my 16-year-old handicapped daughter can also use it! It is supposed to even work your glutes, which I realized are sorely lacking when choosing a Halloween costume recently. My butt looks like a flat board. It really does. I commented on it and my daughter, God love her, said, "Wow, it really is flat, Mom!" We were cracking up at my flat butt, so at least I can laugh about it. But I really need to get my butt in gear! I haven't been able to exercise like usual most of this year because of all of my surgeries for breast cancer. But, before my next surgery in the late winter/early spring, I really want to try to get in some good quality exercise. I have been walking my dogs on a regular basis lately, with and without my hubby, so that is progress. I actually miss doing arm exercises since I haven't been able to for so long. I am going to try to ease back into it this week. It's been 6 weeks since my last surgery. I got the okay to start arm exercises again, but with really light weights at first and gradually work back up. Not sure if you knew that I also have lymphedema (swelling) in my left arm from the removal of 19 lymph nodes with my first surgery. It is actually a condition I will have for the rest of my life which requires me to wear a sleeve and gauntlet (glove) on that arm and hand. Anyway, it also restricts how much weight I can lift with that arm, which throws another kink into my plans to get back in shape. My arms need some serious work and it's all gotten worse this year due to all of the surgeries. Oh well....... at least I am still around, so I should quit my complaining, huh?!?

Everyone: It is so great to see all of the support that is flowing once again in this team!!! It warms my heart and really helps me in my own battle with weight loss and depression. Thank you for each of your contributions to the team! Since I last posted, and actually just in the past week, I have begun to dig out of the hole I felt I was in. I began to review some audios from an emotional eating coaching program I participated in earlier in the year. Breast cancer (diagnosed in February) ~ along with surgeries in March, April, and September, and my unwanted lock-up in a psychiatric hospital, pretty much disrupted the program that was finally helping me to get my life on track as far as my relationship with food goes. All of the strategies I learned were also helping me to have real self-esteem for probably the first time in my 48 years. I was really on a roll and lost about 45 pounds. After everything, especially the lock-up, I felt like I was back at square one. But, just this past week, I realized that I am still down about 30 pounds from my heaviest weight and I am beginning to feel better again. I started seeing a new therapist and my psychiatrist changed the nasty meds that they put me on at the dreadful mental hospital. I think all of those changes have been positive and are finally beginning to help me make some progress, so I am really relieved and happy about that. I will try to check into the group more often and be a regular contributor once again. Thank you all for being here!!!
IBelieveInMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 12:01 PM   #40  
full of thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by VermontMom View Post
Lisa, thank you for trying to understand how I feel as I do So I know I can't fight mother nature, it's gonna be cold and snowy. I can go to thrift stores to get warm boots and all the warm clothes I need..it's just that life is so much more difficult in winter, have to get up earlier to shovel, clear off the car, takes longer driving to work; bringing in groceries is a messy chore, etc. And I just go to work, come home, eat, tv/computer, go to bed, repeat for 5 months
This I do understand. I have to get up at 5 am and clear off the car to be to work at 6 am. I put a new tired on my car the other day, I still need 1 more on the passenger side. It should help me get out of the driveway, I hope anyway. I have a nice warm coat, it is bright red and really pretty. What I like about it is, it is long, almost down to my knees.

I am getting ready for snow but in the meantime, I am enjoying autumn.

Last edited by Lisaluvshearts; 10-25-2015 at 12:21 PM.
Old 10-25-2015, 12:19 PM   #41  
full of thanks

Quote:
Lisa: I am so incredibly happy to hear that the mass was benign!!!!! : What a HUGE relief for you, I'm sure!!! I was hoping and praying that you wouldn't have to go through what I just went through. Not fun at all. Great news!!! What is going on with Jennifer? Sorry but I think I missed what was causing her to vomit. An anti-depressant? I hope she is doing better on the new med! Please keep us posted.
Kathleen,

Jennifer has been fighting acid reflux, and anxiety. She is on a couple of different meds, one for each of those and just recently they put her on Lexapro. It made her sicker than a dog. I watched that girl lose weight and be unable to go to work. I feel so damn helpless. It did not help my depression and anxiety either, I was a walking mess. On Friday, they switched her to a totally different anti-depressant, which I cannot remember the name of. She seems to be doing ok so far. I have been calling her every day, she is out of town currently. Please keep Jennifer in your thoughts.

I hope you are doing ok, Kathleen. YOU have been through so much. I worry about you, even now. Don't feel bad for being out of shape. I am a mess, so out of shape, myself and I have no excuses for it. I am bigger now than ever. On the good side of things, they have put me on Saraquel and I feel like a new woman. My anxiety is so much better!!!!!!

Much love to you dear lady. Please check in more.

Last edited by Lisaluvshearts; 10-25-2015 at 12:20 PM.
Old 10-25-2015, 12:23 PM   #42  
full of thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by VermontMom View Post
that is the best news ever!!

I still have to keep my appt on Monday afternoon. They want to talk to me about something. I'm not sure what? I'll let you know.

I do know, for sure, there was no cancer and no precancerous cells.

Last edited by Lisaluvshearts; 10-25-2015 at 12:24 PM.
Old 10-25-2015, 09:30 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 173/133/140

Height: 5'2"

Hello,

Lisa, I am so happy to hear that you do not have breast cancer.

Kathleen, you have been through so much - did your doctors suggest you wear rubber gloves whenever you do any housework? A friend of mine had breast cancer more than 30 years ago, and because of the number of lymph nodes they took, they told her to keep that hand covered whenever there was a danger of a splinter, paper cut, etc. Of course, that was more than 30 years ago, and she has been healthy ever since.

Holly, I understand your doom and gloom about winter - especially after last winter. I think I have PTSD from it. Winter has always been my least favorite season, but after last year, I am really dreading it.

I have been well. I spoke to my doctor about my family issues, and she was a great help. I am off all meds, and I am taking yoga and meditation sessions. I have not mastered meditation - thoughts keep popping into my head, but I am staying with it. I do both at a Wellness center. I was always afraid to try yoga because the only classes I saw were at the YMCA, and they looked like the Marines boot camp to me. The different classes I have tried are nothing like that. I am thrilled with how calm I am. I did not expect it to work this well, but I figured it would be good for flexibility. And, I am down a few pounds, FINALLY out of OVERWEIGHT and into the normal weight range - the highest possible edge of it, but I am happy about that, too.

I highly suggest you try yoga and meditation. You might be pleasantly surprised.

I wish Fi and Li'l Turtle would drop a note to let us know how they are doing.

Take care, everyone.

Last edited by EasySpirit; 10-25-2015 at 09:31 PM.
EasySpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 04:12 PM   #44  
full of thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisaluvshearts View Post
I still have to keep my appt on Monday afternoon. They want to talk to me about something. I'm not sure what? I'll let you know.

I do know, for sure, there was no cancer and no precancerous cells.

All they wanted to go over was my paperwork from the pathologist's office. I wasn't even there 10 minutes. They also checked out the scalpel cut on my boob to see if it was healing.

I was going to post my bruising on the boob but didn't want to get into trouble by the board.

Last edited by Lisaluvshearts; 10-26-2015 at 04:15 PM.
Old 10-26-2015, 04:25 PM   #45  
full of thanks

EasySpirit,

I am so proud of you for doing so well. I wish I could do yoga but I'd probably fall over. I am going to start with cardio, maybe 10 minutes of it and work my way up. I can't believe you are off meds, that is so fantastic!!!!! You really are doing well. We miss you when you are not here posting and you are right, we miss Fi and lil turtle too. I wonder where they are?

Friends,

I have been busy doing school work today. I have reading to do but I have 1 assignment done and some posting done for the day. I feel pretty good today, the clonazapam helps a lot. I am so lucky to have good health care workers who care about me and they supply me with the meds to help me feel "normal." My Saraquel really does help with the anxiety and the rest of the meds help with the bi-polar depression.

Jennifer will be home today. I hope and pray she has been doing well on her new med. I want so much success for my sweetheart, she deserves everything wonderful that life has to offer and I HATE to see her sick.

Much love to all. Please stop and post, let us know how you are doing.