Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2003, 09:17 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Wednesday 4/23 Roll Call

Good Morning Chickadees!

I thought maybe today everybody could just sign in and say hi so that we at least know that everyone is alive and well. I think sometimes that because this is the "Depression and Weight Issues" thread, that sometimes we are down and think we don't have much to say or share, but as you can tell from those that are posting, we are all interested in everybody and what everyone is up to, or at least would feel better just seeing a quick "hello, don't know a thing" so that we know you are still kicking! :-)

I am not doing a thing that is interesting really, just busy at work and busy at home, and busy getting reading for my oldest son's graduation which is a huge blessing for us to be looking forward to and I'm glad for everylittle thing that I am doing to prepare for his graduation! :-)

Did anybody see Dateline last night, with the group that is going to their 25th class reunion and trying to lose weight. Each one is doing it differently, atkins, weightwatchers, slimfast, exercise, weights, etc. and it was very interesting. The one that interested me most was the lady that is training to run a 26 mile marathon and was eating 1300 calories a day but not losing weight bec she was not eating enough. I immediatley knew that was the problem, that SHE was not eating enough - and yet I try to keep my calories between 1200 to 1400 a day and as you know I never lose weight either. Cin sweetly reminded me of that just last week that I am not eating enough and slowing down my metabolism. I know that is true for everybody else, but over the years I have learned that I just cannot eat much or I will gain - who knows maybe I am sabatoging myself by keeping my calories low??? anyway I thought it was an interesting segment.

soooooooo what's everybody else to?

hope everybody checks in with a quick hello!

Have a blessed day!

hugs,
Cathy
Old 04-23-2003, 09:55 AM   #2  
CIN

Good Morning Ladies!

Thanks for opening this up Cathy..I noticed no one had opened it for the day and for some reason I didnt do it myself.

I am leaving for a fast trip to Ohio to do some Spring Cleaning at my Dad's small house on the Lake. He is 81 and not up to much these days.so I am cleaning all day Thursday and my sister is coming up Friday to clean the rest!

I have been up since 6 a.m. cleaning my house before I leave so I wont feel so bad when I return home exhausted! Ha!

Hope to be back late Friday night! No computers where I am going.........he still has a rotary dial phone! Sooooooooooooooo
see you all later..................I have a 5 hr drive ahead of me!

Cin
Old 04-23-2003, 11:20 AM   #3  

Sorry I have been MIA for the past couple of days. This software change is really frying my brain and we havn't even gotten it set up yet. Boy, what have I gotten myself into?

I am copletely off of the Effexor now and I am still having some mild dizzy spells. I know that is what it is from but I am ready for it to stop. I am sure I look like a space cadet when it happens. My eyes feel kind of glassy and I feel like my head is in outerspace. One of the good things is that the loving is back!!!!! (i am sure you guys wanted to here about that but I am so happy)
Old 04-23-2003, 01:51 PM   #4  

Hi everyone!

It's a sunny chilly day here in PA; it will only have to get better as we head toward the weekend. SMILE! It's OVER THE HUMP DAY!

And for those of you that are administrative assistants and secretaries, I would like to wish all of you a Happy Administrative Professionals Day! May you all be rewarded handsomely for all your hard work.
Old 04-23-2003, 04:14 PM   #5  

Hi everyone.....I got back from my trip to see DS1 & to meet his GF. We were gone for 5 days altogether.

DS1 also suffers with depression.....I mentioned the light box to him.....he bought a light book.....it is smaller.....if it didn't work.....he could get some of the money back....depending how long he had it. He noticed a difference the 1st time he used it.....he does seem happier now.

DS1's GF is a pastry chef.....but she does regular cooking also.....she cooks very well. She is very nice.....we will see what happens with them.

DS2 was here last week....by himself....his DW & he have run through a rough patch....they were going to split....now they are going to try to work things out....with counselling. They have only been married not quite 4 years......but lived together 4 1/2 years before that.

I guess one worries about their kids.....no matter how old they are.

So it's back to counting the WW points again & getting back to normal.

Kemp.....just wondering how long you were on the Effexor?

April
Old 04-23-2003, 04:53 PM   #6  
acw
Cuddly Kiwi

Hi A quick hello from me.

Lots to do today. It's Anzac Day tomorrow here (stands for australian and New Zealand Army Corp..commemorating all those who died in world war 1 & 2) and the shops are all shut in the morning as a mark of respect. A huge day here..dawn parades and services.

I have to get to the bank because not open til monday after that and get a couple of grocery items as well.

I'll try and pop back in later..I'll be online anyway to take a sneaky look at the Idol site to see who gets kicked off this week! We are running a week behind you guys and I can't resist the urge to look!!

Have a good one

Anna
Old 04-23-2003, 09:38 PM   #7  

Hi Lovely Friends.
It is a really beautiful evening here in New England. I had a close call with a box of Devil Dogs (my fav junk food), but survived and had a healthy dinner instead. I have changed so many of my unhealthy habits, but still crave the "comfort food" when I'm unwell or in pain. I hurt my back in Dec and FINALLY have to go for an MRI. The MD kept saying it is muscular and I "should be better by now". Well, I sought another opinion and, although unhappy that I may require surgery- I am happy to be taken seriously and that I have a chance to get diagnosed and get better.
Gee, I chat a lot for a "newbie", don't I? I hope it is okay

Sometimes I wish I could take a day off from concern about my weight. I think it would be emotionally healthy for me to have a little (just a little) cheat fest. Does anyone do that? Take a day off once a month or so? For me, I think what I do 29 nor 30 days per month is more important than one day a month to have a llittle special treat. Any thoughts??

Love- Hugs- Prayers,
Enja
Old 04-24-2003, 05:19 PM   #8  

Talking Consider me signed in!

Life is good....

Eliz
Closed Thread