Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 08-04-2012, 01:57 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

Height: 5'4"

Vermont-I have shared with few people....but just how it happened i forgived and what I learned thru those things. This is the first time I dug deeper to figure out why the food addiction comes back time and time again and why I am fighting anger.

Raven-Yes I have a college friend that is a therapist that I have tested the waters with and right after I wrote this I decided to message my spiritual father!

I know I will get thru it but it is a FIGHT!!!
momof4under5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:55 PM   #17  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

Hello all! Just a quick check in...I am not happy because I put on 3 pounds since Saturday but I haven't eaten 3 pounds worth of food!!!! I am guessing it's TOM water weight but still...so I made Pecan Pancakes for breakfast (don't judge me ) I am headed to the gym later today to work it off, I guess.

at everyone! I'll try to do personals tomorrow.
grneyedmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 10:54 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 257/118/118

Hi; new to the forum and this is my first post in any daily chat thread.

Not sure what to say here except that I'm having an extremely hard time; it hasn't just been a bad day, or week, or month, or even year. The last five years have been excruciating, and I've been an 'official' depressive for 25 years.
txgeekgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 02:30 PM   #19  
Gotta run!

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'5

Hi everyone........... How's things? I'm sorry to hear about the rough start to the month for everyone, hopefully things have gotten better.

Sorry I dropped off the face of the earth, or rather the forum. I'm honestly not sure why I did that, maybe I just needed a break I guess. I've had a major break through with my depression... usually I would just let myself sink into it, but lately I've started fighting it tooth and nail. Sort of refusing to let myself fall back into those old habbits. It's really tough but I've just had enough of being depressed. I know, I know, I can't just decide not to be depressed and it will never go completely away, I'm just changing my mindset towards it. It seems to be helping, hubby was unemployeed again and I managed to handle that alright.. then he got a call from a friend who needed someone for his company *RIGHT NOW* so he went to work for them. It's seasonal with a chance of winter work but for right now he's making more money then he ever has in his life. Our bills are almost completely caught up and we're paying off old debts. We've even gotten ourselves a few treats which we haven't done in forever.

My biggest challange right now is with my Dad... he's not well, hasn't been in a long time, and he won't be with us much longer. He's just made the decision to refuse further treatment for his disease. We all knew it was coming but that doesn't make it any easier. We can't do anything but support his decision, he's leading a miserable existance and there is no chance he'll ever get better. When I found out last night I laid on the bed and bawled and bawled and bawled. The hubby and step daughter came in and laid with me and just held me. It's nice that they're so supportive... we even had both dogs in there.

Ok, well, that sucks. But it's really nice to "see" you guys again. I promise I'll drop in more often and start doing personals again but right now there's just tooooooo much!

txgeek - Say anything you want... we're all non-judgemental here.

(OMG - the radio DJ just described our forecast as "Sunshine and lollipops..." LoL - I just had to share)
Aunty Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 11:47 AM   #20  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

so much to comment on!!

first, that crummy day I had WAS an isolated event, and I could point finger at plain ol' PMS'ing. All is much much better now.

Raven - I love ' keep calm and carry on ' - wonderful!! sorry you had that day of angst at work!

txgeek - hi!! that is very hard to hear, that you have had years of feeling horrible!! are you on medication, go to counseling, have anyone else to talk to?? (you have us now )

Aunty Jam - OH so sorry about your Dad, that is so hard, and it won't get easier will it love and hugs to you. I'm so glad your whole fam was supporting you. Oh and congrats and YAY on the money issue! And yay for FIGHTING! you're right, you can't choose not to have depression but your mindset fighting it is awesome!!

GEM - you KNOW we wouldnt' judge!! i want the recipe, lol.

Hope - you had a productive day! that always helps me. I have slipped big time this month (and last month) on my working out, just because of summer's heat..no excuse I know, I need to get back on track. Do you have any people that you are waiting to hear from?

momof4 - how are you doing

ohiofreespirit, is your 'upped' anxiety med working better for you? i hope so

Orchestrated - hi and welcome to our very supportive place

hi katiekish, I'm sorry you had 3 bad days but then a good one!!

Last edited by VermontMom; 08-16-2012 at 11:48 AM.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:41 PM   #21  
Biker Chick!

HEY and how about Ms. LeilaJey??

I had a great day today I cleaned the bathroom, vacuumed, worked out for an hour, did laundry and hung some outside, cut the grass (one hour), weedwhacked, and made dinner. Sheesh!! wish I had another day off tomorrow to enjoy the fruits of my labor
Old 08-17-2012, 08:58 PM   #22  
Trying.....

S/C/G: 248/ticker/175

Height: 5'9

So I was trying to figure out why I wasn't getting my daily emails for July chat and then realized it was august so that's probably why. I am such a dork sometimes.

I hope everything is going well for everyone. On my side, more not so good news. I might have to have yet another foot surgery (makes #5) and possibly back surgery as well. Ugghhh. Handling it in stride for now all though my eating the couple of days has been horrible. Emotional eater here. One of these days I will figure out how to deal with that.

Just wanted to check in.
brvsfan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 08:43 PM   #23  
Biker Chick!

brvsfan, you're not a dork, lol! I wonder myself why I get notifications of threads that I haven't looked at in months, yet I won't receive notification of threads I'm active on.

Real sorry to hear of the possible upcoming surgeries!!
Old 08-20-2012, 05:18 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

Height: 5'4"

Things have been busy...still plowing away at the church. I had done amazing eating and exercising here at the house. I had found some good zumba classes on youtube so I made a playlist up. I am the type of person that does better jumping on a machine and kinda going into auto cause then my mind can just go. So the only way to jump start me is doing something fun..then I go outside for the hard part! I was using my bodybugg and tracking my food and calories out. THEN my mother sent me a care package from home and I couldn't just have one...it sent me off the deep end and I haven't been able to catch back up to the wagon!! Now I haven't done HORRIBLE but not good either!

My anger is going down since I am exposing and dealing with issues. But its like every imperfection I have is staring me right in the face. A lot of my issues is from my food addiction which is triggered by my "show" addiction. As an ADD person I do what they call zone out and I watch shows because then I dont have to focus on whats going on around me. SO then I dont have "time" to organize the stuff that needs organized, dont have "time" to unpack the last boxes in the school room...etc....So in order for me to get it right I need to kick the food and media addiction to the curb..but I am finding my will power is broken and desperately needs fixed!

BUT here is a picture from my no excuse week!!! I dont have a gym or equipment so I use what I got!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg menethan.jpg (37.5 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by momof4under5; 08-20-2012 at 05:22 AM.
momof4under5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 06:36 AM   #25  
Biker Chick!

momof4, i think its so great that you are advancing by being able to recognize what's going on! and love the pic of you weightlifting!

My last delivery of Wellbutrin came packaged differently, in sheets of foil/blister packs, and the tablets look different. I'm trying to convince myself that's its the same stuff and wont' affect me differently .

Hope everyone else is doing okay!
Old 08-20-2012, 05:48 PM   #26  
Gotta run!

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'5

Mom - Too funny!!! LoL I hope he stayed still. Glad you're finally able to expose the issues, I know from experience it helps a lot.

Brvsfan - Sorry to hear about the potential surgeries, I've never had any myself and it's one of my unfounded fears. Just the idea of it gets to me.

Vermont - Can you call them and check maybe if it bothers you that badly? It could put your mind at east.

I'm doing alright... same old same old... maybe that's why I stopped posting. My life just isn't very interesting. Although I have recently decided that I need to get back to working out more often, eating good and get back to a decent weight. I hope to be 150 by Dec 23rd. I had a small victory, I followed my running plan and ran a whole 3 times this week! wow. LoL.

Last edited by Aunty Jam; 08-20-2012 at 05:52 PM. Reason: Updated my ticker :(
Aunty Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 02:00 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 257/118/118

Halfway thru Tuesday...1.5 days out of 5 down, though I don't know why I'd look forward to the weekend. I never have anything to do, I don't have any friends, and weekends are incredibly boring. I don't even sleep late...can't! Can't sleep!
txgeekgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 09:18 PM   #28  
on a journey

Hello everyone. I am still about the same as I have been, struggling. I am still taking it day by day, which is all we can do sometimes, I guess.

I hope everyone is doing good.

txgeekgirl, why can't you sleep?
Lisa_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:32 PM   #29  

Hello, everyone! I hope you don't mind me jumping in! I'd love to participate in a chat thread like this.

I'm on a mission to change my life. Anxiety, panic attacks, and depression have been a part of my life for way too long. So, in addition to losing weight, I put myself in therapy - because I'm tired of living a life of guilt and fear.

I'm just gonna put this all out on the table, as I'm tired of lying to myself about it. My depression and anxiety largely came from the domestic abuse that was a part of my everyday life. Now, I am trying to learn to love myself and lose the guilt - it was not my fault. I know there's a strong woman inside of me, as I stood up and left the situation that was hurting me. I said no, and I up and left. However, healing is a slow process, and I have a long way to go. Certain triggers still bring about panic attacks and bouts of depression.

That said, nice to meet everyone! Thanks for reading!
AnnaPajama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 03:58 PM   #30  
on a journey

Anna, it's great to see you. Just just jump on in, that is what I did and the ladies could not have been nicer. You are very brave. I too, am in therapy but don't seem to be making much progress in overcoming my anxiety problems. I wish you the very best in your journey to health.

One more week, ladies, and I get to see my psychiatrist. Hopefully, she can hear my cries of just how bad things have gotten for me. I sat down and wrote out what I have been feeling, maybe that will help her to see my pain.

I hope you all are having a good week and I will think healing thoughts for you.
Lisa_C is offline   Reply With Quote