Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 10-30-2011, 11:10 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 228/228/128

Height: 5'3"

I'm lonely too. Since I've gained a lot of weight, I've stopped doing things that I like to do and seeing people that I like to see. I've started isolating, and I've gotten really down on myself.

Now that I'm 100 pounds over my goal weight, I've finally realized that I need to change something, that my life isn't going to change itself, and that I need to put some effort into being the person that I want to be.

The loneliness is really hard sometimes, but forums like this and other places where you can meet people and let out some of your thoughts and feelings do help a little.

I heard somewhere a while back that you need to be the type of person that you want to attract. I'm not sure that that is 100% accurate, but I've always thought it was a kinda cool way to look at it.

In other words, if you're kind, you'll be more likely to attract someone kind. Maybe that's complete BS, but I always thought it was a nice way to look at it. In other words, don't expect out of someone else what you wouldn't expect out of yourself.

I suppose what I'm trying to get at is to keep working on you. Keep working on building interests and being a good person. If you're open to life, I think you'll find someone...maybe when you're not expecting it.

Just don't give up. (((hug)))
SlateGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 06:20 AM   #32  

Default Fitness and Weight Loss

Natural Weight Loss Remedies

These natural weight loss remedies will also help in preparing the body and mind for yogasanas. An obese body can also lose about 2 -5% of body weight within 3 weeks of practicing this naturally.

1) Wake up early in the morning just before sunrise (for people who live closer to the poles and where days and nights are not even one should stick to a routine time close to 6 am in the morning).

2) Soak 5-7 fenugreek seeds in 2 glasses of water (plain water will also do in places where you don’t get fenugreek) for 10 minutes and drink it slowly sitting in the floor with an erect back.

3) Conciously breathe for 5 minutes with long inhaling and exhaling (make sure the exhaling time is more than inhaling).

4) Go for a walk of 2 km

5) Wherever you sit, make sure you consciously sit with your spine erect.

6) Drink ample amount of water (Close to 4 litres a day)

7) Don’t stop on fats and carbs completely. Our body needs good fat and carbs for our metabolism to function properly, but completely avoid refined fats. It is a myth that all saturated fats are bad, but there are good saturated fats as well. As far as possible try to have nuts and legumes as a source of fat, but if you can’t avoid oil, then use cold pressed sesame oil, olive oil and for frying coconut oil.

8. Don’t eat stomach full, eat only till your stomach is half full.

9) Don’t eat a heavy meal during night time, instead have a good serving of fruits and milk for night.

10) Go to bed early. If you have insomnia, don’t worry, by following this routine your insomnia will go away naturally

Once you get in to this routine start having a Sattvic Diet and add Natural weight loss supplements in your daily food.
luckynans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:54 PM   #33  
live ur life

S/C/G: 236/230/150

Height: 5'8

Weight loss is a journey. Being alone is okay with me. I just realize I have to find myself in this journey and learn how to be truly happy.

Last edited by caliyah; 11-15-2011 at 05:07 AM.
caliyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 08:26 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 301/147/147

Height: 5'8"

Hi all, reading your candid honesty has really hit a raw nerve with me, but in a positive way. I was where a lot of you are at the moment. I was so unhappy with how I had let my body and my health get to a point that was not only making me depressed but where I was starting to suffer some alarming physical symptoms of being morbidly obese. My blood pressure was way too high for a 28 year old, my mortgage provider actually sent a doctor to my flat to assess my health for a life insurance application, that was subsequently refused due to my weight. That in itself was humiliating and a couple of months before I reached my highest weight of 301 pounds. I suffered chafing, dizzy spells, sweating, lethargy, sore knees and hips. I wore the same, baggy clothes for years and hid myself from the world as much as I could.

Looking back I was terribly depressed.

You can turn it all around. It takes time, commitment, dogged determination, hard work but it is achievable. *These days I am happy, confident, feel self worth and have targets and goals I am confident I can achieve.

Losing the weight I did was the biggest challenge I am ever going to face personally but YOU can do it.

Stick with it, commit and your lives and self belief will change beyond all recognition.

L xx
lossforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 03:11 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 293/251.8/160

I am another lonely person. Before I gained all of this weight (over the last 10 years or so) I was very active with a hiking group. Through it I was able to meet several women close to my age who also lived alone. There were never married, widowed, divorced, with kids, with kids who were already out of the house, etc. We hiked, camped, went to movies and plays, got together and cooked dinner, and lots of other things.

Things started going to h#&& about 10 years ago when I changed jobs, started putting on weight, and reached a point where I could no longer do the hiking. That's when I discovered that these were conditional friends. As my life continued downward, I was diagnosed with depression, fired from a job because of it, and have had a spotty employment history ever since. Since I could no longer hike and did not have the money for the trips, plays, museums, etc. these friends just started dropping off. I can honestly say that I don't have any actual "friends" now. If I just want to talk, there is nobody I can call. If I want to go to a movie, there is nobody. I have been unemployed for 2 years now and have become a recluse.

This summer I decided that I would make another attempt at losing weight. So far I have been doing well and feel good about my progress. This doesn't help the friend situation though. Anyway, I am glad there is a place here where I can vent.
In2wishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 08:53 PM   #36  
live ur life

S/C/G: 236/230/150

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by In2wishin View Post
I am another lonely person. Before I gained all of this weight (over the last 10 years or so) I was very active with a hiking group. Through it I was able to meet several women close to my age who also lived alone. There were never married, widowed, divorced, with kids, with kids who were already out of the house, etc. We hiked, camped, went to movies and plays, got together and cooked dinner, and lots of other things.

Things started going to h#&& about 10 years ago when I changed jobs, started putting on weight, and reached a point where I could no longer do the hiking. That's when I discovered that these were conditional friends. As my life continued downward, I was diagnosed with depression, fired from a job because of it, and have had a spotty employment history ever since. Since I could no longer hike and did not have the money for the trips, plays, museums, etc. these friends just started dropping off. I can honestly say that I don't have any actual "friends" now. If I just want to talk, there is nobody I can call. If I want to go to a movie, there is nobody. I have been unemployed for 2 years now and have become a recluse.

This summer I decided that I would make another attempt at losing weight. So far I have been doing well and feel good about my progress. This doesn't help the friend situation though. Anyway, I am glad there is a place here where I can vent.
I completely know how you feel. We are all here for you at 3FC. I live in a small town where I had to move for work and have no friends here at all. No one to hang out with. No one to call. Sometimes you have to just do the things that will make you happy and that is how you can make new friends. Go to Weight Watchers or join a local gym. Go to the salon or nail spa. Treat yourself nice. Put yourself first.
caliyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:30 AM   #37  
blah

S/C/G: 145/131.8/115

Height: 5'4"

You're not alone. I've never belonged to a group before and I have very few friends. I feel i am too hypersensitive to people I get really close with and i become overly paranoid, and it has caused me to burn through many friends quickly. I feel as if I'm the only one who makes an effort with my close friends. Also the fact that I broke up with my boyfriend of 1.5 years a couple months ago has just made things worse. I constantly feel lonely and sometimes its unbearable. One of the reasons I'm losing weight, in fact the main reason, is because I think it will give me more self esteem to find new friends and stop being so paranoid and insecure. I think if you lost weight you will definitely be more social and just happier overall. It's just a matter of finding the willpower to do it.
unpretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 01:54 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 293/251.8/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliyah View Post
I completely know how you feel. We are all here for you at 3FC. I live in a small town where I had to move for work and have no friends here at all. No one to hang out with. No one to call. Sometimes you have to just do the things that will make you happy and that is how you can make new friends. Go to Weight Watchers or join a local gym. Go to the salon or nail spa. Treat yourself nice. Put yourself first.
Thanks for the response. My main problem right now is that I have no money to do any of those things. It was the lack of money that caused my friends to distance themselves from me.
In2wishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 04:46 AM   #39  

I completely understand about feeling lonely. I've put on A LOT of weight over the past few years. I feel so badly about my appearance that I rarely go out and do things. I have a handful of close friends but we usually just hang out at my place...watching movies and eating. I don't like getting dressed to go out in public because I feel so gross.

I feel like the bigger I get the more invisible I am. Guys certainly don't notice me and I feel like the majority of people look down on me for being overweight. I have a lot of weight to lose and can't seem to stick with dieting long enough to accomplish my goal. I know I will not be truly happy until I get healthy. Weight is one thing I have the power to control...why can't I just commit to a healthier lifestyle?
april1280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 08:07 AM   #40  

I am a guy but as far as this weight issue I totaly idenitify. My mother said
" if you don't lose some weigth I will never buy you anything but blue jenes"
I was about 6 years old at the time and from pictures I have seen only a few
pounds overweigth! So my mother telling me I was a worthless pice of xxxxx
of from almost day one realy gave me a bad self image. And I know it's not
suposed to mater to men but I have never dated if I was much over my ideal
body weigth. But I know lots of other men do fine with the ladies even if they
look like Santi Clause. So I know my total lack of luck with you ladies if I am
fat is perhaps 10% because of my fat and 90% because of my low self esteme about being fat. But to be honest I have one other strike against
me I stutter and this seems to almost vanish if I get thin. So when I get
thin I realy act like a totaly different person.
Woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 04:01 PM   #41  

You know, I once read a book by a woman counseling couples who are looking to get married, or to find their mate in the first place. She says that one of the things she tells her clients is to do something good for others. Join a food pantry group, or volunteer at an animal shelter, or a pregnancy center. It is a good way to meet other people who genuinely want to help others. You will be doing something FAR more worth being proud of than simply having good looks.
QueenofThorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 02:03 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 300/150

Height: 5'5

I know how you feel! I was in the same boat..still kinda am. Yes I am single, yes I'm bigger but, I love myself. I know many guys don't even give me a chance because I am bigger, but I know they are the ones losing out not me. I would get random email from some guys just to tell me how fat I am, ah! That would just get me down even more and I would turn to food like I always do. But one day things just clicked for me, I am an amazing woman! One of a kind! I have had so many people tell me I would be the perfect woman if only I was thin. So I would just look at myself in the mirror and tell myself I am beautiful, I have a kick a$$ personalty, and worked on that. I know I am a kick a$$ person I'm just traped in a fat persons body.

I am working on myself..to get even more amazing and going to lose the weight. I am sick of always being the fat one. I know I can do this, family and friends are behind me. I just need to find the will power to kick my butt up to work out before or after work.

You are an amazing woman..you just don't see that yet.
Tink2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 02:42 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Someone I know in this situation became a volunteer at the humane society and said it was the best thing that she could have done. Going twice a week and walking the dogs gave her something to focus on and has truly been a postive experience for her. Highly recommend this and the animals truly love unconditionally. Good luck.
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 10:20 PM   #44  
Jaylin

Default Well a bit of good news in this dark cloud

I had met someone, a guy even somewhat younger who was fine with my weight. He is this very anxious type but not hyped up just a big worrier and maybe struggles with esteem a tad himself. He was all about finding someone who will stay with him. He didn't want a "hottie" who would just be toying with him..well, that not exactly true.. yay he is very attractive to the young and skinny just like the media projects.. and sure, he have his fun if that came his way, but that doesn't tend to happen and he knows it. He very sexual, enough so that he can greatly enjoy someone overweight to mildly obese.
I'm motivated to lose as sure it's a postive for romance but just wanted to say that there are some guys.. maybe at least other more conscientios /nervous types are out there and be glad to have someone they can really partner with..
jaylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:32 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 155.2/ 133.1 /110

Height: 5'2

A year ago I was borderline obese and lonely, now I'm still lonely, but at least at a healthy weight.

Just because the weight changed my loneliness didn't disappear.
IsabellaOlivia is offline   Reply With Quote