Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 04-19-2011, 06:00 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 210/210/133

Height: 5ft 3

Hi Marie,

I'm Aphre. I noticed you'd said that you didn't know anyone else with bipolar disorder, and as a fellow sufferer I thought I should introduce myself. I'm 21, and I've known I was mentally ill for about five years - although my counsellor thinks I've probably been showing symptoms since I was about eleven - and, like you, I had a LOT of different diagnoses before they hit on the right one. I got my BPD diagnosis about six months ago. My boyfriend is also a bipolar sufferer. I take quetiapine and citalopram, see a counsellor every fortnight and a consultant every two months just to deal with meds.

Sometimes it's easy to feel like you're all alone, so I just wanted to let you know that I intend to be pretty active on this site. So if you need support or someone to talk to who knows what you're going through, just say the word.
Aphre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 06:18 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 208/141/120

Height: 5ft 4inch

Thank you Aphre, I do feel alone at times with it all so thank you.
Can I ask are you BDP 1 or 2?
I was on citalopram a few years ago but it didn't work for me just made me want to kill myself more then i did before, if you get what I mean with out me being dramatic, then again efexra (sorry my spelling is bad) made me go really mental, different drugs for different people hey
The new drugs are ok but it's still early doors i just know i can't go with out them.
Thanks for your relpy, I am on her all the time too more then facebook now I think my friends on fb get feed up of me going on about my diet all the time
marie81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 01:14 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 210/210/133

Height: 5ft 3

I'm BPD 2, or so they think at the moment. They're keeping a close eye on me because my grandmother has BPD 1, and I'm only young (21) so there's a possibility I'm BPD 1 and it just hasn't completely manifested yet.

That's the way it is with drugs. They're not good, they're just better than not taking any. I hate quetiapine with a passion but it's better than going without anything.
Aphre is offline   Reply With Quote