Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 10:34 PM   #46  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

ugh, what a day you had, momof4!! sure hope tomorrow is better.
Old 04-18-2011, 10:53 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

Height: 5'4"

AWWW mom thanks....I appreciate you even caring when I know your having a hard time...THAT little ICON is exactly how I felt!!! It ended well. Everyone scarfed down dinner seconds and thirds. I made the frenchs french fried onion covered chicken, steamed veggies with cheese, and fries and they clean everything out and wanted more..haha... I think when I go to the gym I am going to just run them all around the basketball court haha!!! I just hate feeling that frustrated and aggravated with my child (never been that aggravated) I didn't even want to see him or listen to him...would tell him that cause my dad told me that and it made me feel horrible! But i dont want to feel like that. If instead I could stop what I was doing and redirect his actions to a craft or something for him to concentrate on....sigh I am going to TRY and MAKE tomorrow better!!!

Last edited by momof4under5; 04-18-2011 at 10:53 PM.
Old 04-19-2011, 07:18 AM   #48  
is chubby

Hey everyone! Today was one of these days when getting up from bed feels like a marathon. I watched the ceiling for an hour and thankfully hunger persuaded me to get up. Study, excersize and hunger is today's programm *sigh*. I know I should focus on the GOOD things in my life. I was doing better until my dad got hospitalized a month ago with severe pneumonia because of the swine flu. He is getting better now thankfully, but I can't get over that feeling of sadness that I get when I see my parents growing older and sicker... sorry for the rant.

How have you all been?

Momo perhaps your little boy needs some really tiring hobby? Most kids that I knew that like to bully usually got better if they found more positive ways to vent agitation and extra energy (well they also got better with age).

Damn I hope I get better until I have my own kids, because I'd be crying like an idiot in your shoes.

Have a good day everyone!
Old 04-19-2011, 08:18 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 208/141/120

Height: 5ft 4inch

Hi everyone,

Mom, that sounds a total nightmare hope things improve for you. My youngest it a little git I do what chubbykins said and keep her mega active until she falls down, but its hard esp if you have other children to keep in check to.

Ems, glad you had a good time London really is a beautiful city.

how you doing today Vermont? I was thinking of you last night I hope your ok.

I have skipped work, i just couldn't be bothered I thought i would stay at home and sunbath BUT i discovered he mountain of laundry that lovely husband had not folded so I have done that and I am looking around at all the things HD doesnt do (he is the house husband) Its making me angry that I am going to have to do it as well as get my butt to work every day, some times I think i would be so better of on my own.
Luckily the kids are out for the day with their gran and HD has gone to do some DIY at his sisters so I have the day to myself.
I have switched of my blackberry and I'm not answering to the house phone everything can wait!
Oh well back to the housework - Housewife Chicks I dont know how you do it, give me my office job any day!

Hope today is a good day for all of you xxx
Old 04-19-2011, 02:15 PM   #50  

Chubby- lol thanks...I hope he gets better with age...

Marie-I need to do more things with them. If I keep them focused and doing things they dont get bored and fight

I need to like make a mega schedule and plan certain crafts and activities and keep everything changed up instead of me just doing the basics and sitting and doing NOTHING....haha. Went to the gym this morning and played with all of them on the basketball court. We played ball then freeze tag, then ice and sun tag, then freeze tag you have to crawl under the legs to untag, then we raced...LOL I WANT them to have good memories of me. I want them to remember mom played with us and did things with them...LIKE THIS IS MY JOB!!! If I was being paid and had a boss I'd be fired for SURE!!! haha Like yeah my kids will be fine but I want them to be the BEST they can. When I get old I don't want to look back and WISH I did things differently! I have to remember to EXPECT to clean up messes thats my job (it just makes me mad that the messes happen because they were goofying off or NOT listening)
The gym was good but I just consumed the calories I worked for haha!
Hope everyone has a good day. I have a LIST a mile long...hoping I can get to it because then I can focus on THEM!!!
Old 04-19-2011, 05:33 PM   #51  
Gotta run!

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'5

Hey everyone... sorry for being MIA, I only have a quick few minutes. Hi and welcome chubbykins.

Vermont - I am very sorry to hear about your Mom I'm sending you mental hugs. I didn't run in my sheer socks but I will be running tomorrow!!!

Mom - I think I would be so tempted to spank that kid! I know parents aren't supposed to do that any more but wow.. talk about frustrating!

Marie - I want to skip work too! It's finally nice out here.

Hubby let slip that he has something planned already for our 10th in June. He also said the only way we would ever break up is if I broke up with him (don't worry, we're not talking about it, some friends of ours broke up.. about bloody well time actually). He's helping out with the stuff that needs to be done to adopt the new dog. Home check next week! He had another interview, we'll know by friday, not getting excited anymore.
Old 04-19-2011, 09:08 PM   #52  

Aunty- we do still spank. In our state you are allowed as long as your not leaving bruising and only on their behind! God gave them extra cushion there for a reason..LOL. I personally do not do much spanky its exhausting and it would be in the heat of the moment so i feel I would be doing it cause I am angry. HOWEVER they get three strikes (like not just hey knock it off but like they wont listen or stop strikes) When my husband gets home He will spank if needed because he wasn't in the situation and is not angry so therefore it is done properly! BUT WITH ALL THAT BEING SAID. They have been giving me a hard time (the boys) for like a week and fri and sat. they both got swats on fri and the trouble one on sat. But he still didnt learn so obviously thats not working. So we stripped ALL priveldges (snacks, tv, games, ipod, wii, ds.. everything) Each day he is good he can pick one to get back! SO FAR it worked today!! He went above and beyond...did my breakfast dishes, cleaned the counters off, took the trash out....so apparently those things mean more than the 5 minutes of his butt hurting...IDK
Just know I cant have to many more days like last week!!! haha

Well I got my school room finished and organized!!! YAA!!! I added some pictures...You wouldnt believe HOW much stress disappeared with that mess!! I can walk through that room and not get mad!! haha! My husband was like what you do just set all that stuff on fire out there haha!! I labeled things too! It looks beautiful!!! I love it!!

Have a good night!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bookshelf.jpg (29.6 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg desk area.jpg (28.1 KB, 7 views)
Old 04-19-2011, 10:00 PM   #53  
Biker Chick!

Oh, what an accomplishment, momof4!!!

Hi Aunty Jam, thanks for the hugs. And quietly hoping for the best for the interview results.

I wasted about 3/4 of the day again today, same as yesterday; went back to bed and pulled the covers over my head. I'm trying to tell myself its Okay to be sad!! I feel like I'm wasting my days off, when there is so much I could do (like the way momof4 cleared/decluttered) but have zero motivation.
Old 04-20-2011, 10:41 AM   #54  

Hi All

Mom, well done on getting the room done I love tidy things you want to see my office my OCD shines through lol

Hi Aunty Jam fingers crossed for your doggie adoption hope it all goes through for you

Vermont,

So today is my leaving drinks at work we are all going for drinks after work people are coming from all over the country so say good bye, I am feeling a little sad as most of them have become like family, but I have to move on, I need the money more then anything.
The a*se that I work with the guy i was arguing with last week I have promised if he turns up tonight for drinks I will throw whatever drink I am holding over his head I plan to stick with this plan but I think he is to much of a wimp to turn up lol
Today has been a mix of feeling not all together bad I just coasting through, this med tweak is still playing havock with me, if it doesnt improve by tuesday I am going back to the docs

XX
Old 04-20-2011, 11:14 AM   #55  
Biker Chick!

marie - best wishes on your last day!! (and wouldn't it be fun to dump your drink over that guy's head if he did arrive)

Maybe today will be the one that I won't waste, by hiding in bed. I think I'm getting bedsores just kidding.
Old 04-20-2011, 02:39 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

haha Marie, I have only once thrown a drink on someone but man it felt good! (and he totally deserved it).

Momof4, congrats on the decluttering! That would definitely make me feel better, too, but I just don't have the energy and ambition to do it =(

Vermontmom, I hope you day is a little better today, and each coming day. Things do take time.

I am seriously up and down in mood lately, and unable to make decisions. It's really frustrating me. I got offered the farm job - it is a lot of grunt work, weeding, planting, harvesting, washing, packing, and markets for an organic farm. But also they have FFA kids working there who I would kind of mentor. And it's the kind of situation where I'd be learning a lot, which I love - with the big giant bonus of being with my family on the east coast.

Of course the BF is NOT happy about this. He's not mad (if he were I think I'd just tell him off) but maybe hurt or something? It's only 6 months... I don't think it's such a big deal but last night he was all mopey and drank a lot, which he doesn't usually do on a weeknight.
Old 04-20-2011, 06:33 PM   #57  
is chubby

Hey all
It's been another day like all the rest. I try hard to stay motivated and thankfully it is beginning to work.

Mom well done in cleaning up!

Vermont perhaps try and do something you really REALLY like each day? (but nothing food related). Think of something you wanted to do for a long time and haven't yet? Now is the time to offer yourself the pleasure if you can. Or just try a new hobby out of the blue? I don't want to sound pushy or something but don't let anything make your depression worse. I know from myself that if I don't stop myself my sadness gets only deeper and worse... I wish you lots and lots of strength!

Marie I hope all works out with your last day at your job. Don't get a hangover

Cya all
Old 04-20-2011, 09:40 PM   #58  
Biker Chick!

thank you Chubbykins, I actually had a good day today even though usually the outside weather really affects me, and it was total rain and 40 degrees and wind..but I did not go back to bed today!! I worked out, and did spent about 3 hours on the computer, but I did wash the kitchen floor, took the garbage and recycling to the top of the driveway (3 trips) and vacuumed. The most I've done in 3 days. And stayed OP on my diet.

and I just noticed you're from Greece? kewl!

Last edited by VermontMom; 04-20-2011 at 09:45 PM.
Old 04-21-2011, 01:41 AM   #59  

BLAHHHHHH....great workout today...had a puddle of sweat under my machine. Ran a great mile. Did a hard setting on the eliptical...wouldnt you know I ate like a freaking pig.....I know I know Tom is to be here any minute...but that should be an excuse...its like the harder I TRY to eat right I go FURTHER in the wrong direction.....IT MAKES ME MAD!!!!! I should save myself the beating at the gym....ewwwwwwwwwwww.....I HATE THIS!!!
Thats all....thanks for all you girls compliments on the cleaning...it still looks nice but still left with loads and loads of baskets to fold....yuck!!
Old 04-21-2011, 07:33 AM   #60  

So its my last day at work, I am sitting at my desk hungover but it was so worth it.
The a*se didnt show up so i didnt have the satisfaction of throwing my drink over him, never mind I am going to sabatarge his work later

I am heading up to my Dads tomorrow for the easter break which will be nice I only see him twice a year as he lives far from me so really looking forward to it. not looking forward to the 5 hours on a coach with my lovely little daughter and her hyper activeness, should be fun

My dieting has gone right out of the window this week and I really dont want to know the damage I did with the amount of booze I put away last night. I am going T Total next month when I come of the sleeping pills so I am going to have a healthy life style, just got to work on packing up the ciggies once I concure the pills.

I am not going to be posting while I am away so I hope you all have a lovely Easter xxxxx
Closed Thread