3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Depression and Weight Issues (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/depression-weight-issues-76/)
-   -   August 2009 - Come Chatter With Us! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/depression-weight-issues/178122-august-2009-come-chatter-us.html)

hope4me 08-27-2009 11:51 PM

Hi ladies,

It's been really slow in here for the last week or so huh? I miss everybody.
Having said that I really don't have anything to say. :lol: I lead a boring life however, what is your excuse? ;)

Dh's back went out yesterday and he spent the day today in bed. I came home tonight and mowed the front yard and now mine is hurting. What a pair we are. My lack of exercise is catching up to me I think.

Buddly, what was the mystery sauce? Did you figure it out?

Leenie 08-28-2009 09:38 AM

Good Morning,

Summer is winding down, this is the last week of camp for the kids by me. Funny, ... the summer is ending like it came in, rainy and cold :( Oh well.

Hope everyone has a great Weekend.. any plans? Nothing here cept a rainy saturday, it'll be nice to stay in and snuggle ;)

:wave:

platformnine 08-28-2009 09:42 AM

Oh good, somewhere where I can run my gab! I am one chatty chick, lol! I de-lurked yesterday (I'd been hanging around the main 3FC site for like a month), and loooove it here already! 3FC helped me break my plateau :3

I have a 5 day weekend wooo! So today my plans are to do a quick morning ballet workout (the free one on ExerciseTV.tv that I adore so much), then I'm taking my dog for a walk, and then I'm off to swim for the day at my best friends pool! What are everyone's exercise plans for today?

marbear24 08-28-2009 11:02 AM

Plat - Hi! Welcome and 'yay!' for de-lurking.

Hope - my life is quite boring now too, but I kind of like it! I'm doing an independent study this semester so I have no idea when my classes start - but I'm enjoying the down time until then. Well, as down as a fidgety over-anxious girl can be :)

I really want a bodybugg, but they are so damn expensive. We need a new laptop, and I need a camera to shoot my BIL’s wedding with so there goes close to if not over $3000. I love money. 40 hours a week to make, 30 seconds to give away.

Part of my whole “therapy” thing is to not flip a sh*t if someone sees my artwork. So I’m taking small steps… like my avatar for example. Hey, I’m showing people my work right? *Sigh* Very small steps…

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

platformnine 08-28-2009 03:55 PM

marbear24, I LOVE that piece!! Is it water color? Or prisma marker? It's stunning. My art skill is limited to graphic design on the computer lol.

marbear24 08-28-2009 05:00 PM

Thanks... still a wee bit uncomfy about having it there, but I need to get over it :o .

Quote:

Originally Posted by platformnine (Post 2899325)
Is it water color? Or prisma marker?

Prisma marker! :)
My husband doesn't understand why I need to spend $4.00 per marker, but they are soooooo worth it... Though - I have noticed I'm not as immune to their smell as I used to be. By the end of that piece I was as loopy as ****. :dizzy:

platformnine 08-28-2009 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marbear24 (Post 2899412)
Thanks... still a wee bit uncomfy about having it there, but I need to get over it :o .

Prisma marker! :)
My husband doesn't understand why I need to spend $4.00 per marker, but they are soooooo worth it... Though - I have noticed I'm not as immune to their smell as I used to be. By the end of that piece I was as loopy as ****. :dizzy:

You're welcome! You should be proud to show it off, it's beautiful!! I love Prismas :3 I still have all of mine somewhere, when I used to do paper arts lol. And you're right, they're soooo worth it!

Leenie 08-29-2009 07:00 AM

Good Morning,

Welcome Mary (NJ Neighbor lol) enjoying all this rain... dang danny lol. Are you from North, Central, South?

Marbear I agree, thats really a beautiful painting. When I was just out of high school I wanted to go to a school for art / drawing but my dad passed away so I got a job and helped with the house finances instead. I was scared to get a loan because at the time all I made was minimum wage $3.35 / hr and I had a big fear of how the heck could I pay it all back... so ... I never went and I never enhanced the skills I had (which I probably lost by now :( ). Keep up the good work !!

Nothing planned for today but I will try to be good ;)

Whats shakin by you?

Leenie

platformnine 08-29-2009 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leenie (Post 2900187)
Good Morning,

Welcome Mary (NJ Neighbor lol) enjoying all this rain... dang danny lol. Are you from North, Central, South?

Leenie

South! Right by Cherry Hill :) This rain is driving me crazy though :| My twig of a boyfriend and I like to go for walks.

buddly 08-29-2009 01:34 PM

Hi all!:wave:

Welcome Mary!

Marbear your painting is beautiful.

Hey Leenie sorry to hear about all the rain you've been getting. I'm so glad we've been getting some sunshine, I'm already dreading the winter.

Hope it turns out she just wanted thighs in any of the "funny named" sauces I make. So I threw together "Celebration Chicken" I have no idea why its called that but the recipe is from a cookbook the school put together and its really easy.

I really have to get my day started, my kitchen is a disaster and I have 22 lbs of peaches I need to can. Unfortunately I have to find all my jars etc. I'm hoping the jars are in a box out in the shed, and I'm not sure how many lids I have, but I have to pick DdB up from work so can get more then if need be. But first I really need to find the table! I haven't done any canning in a couple of years so this should be an adventure! :)

Well have a great day everyone and enjoy your weekend.
Take care,
K

hope4me 08-29-2009 01:58 PM

Buddly, I need to get going too. I had my first class today and I'm thinking that my teacher may be fairly easy (knock on wood :crossed:). Dh is out on the motorcycle till tonight so I have the day to myself. :carrot: Now is my chance to get a few things done. I better run before I lose my steam...

Marbear, the art work is great. I assumed it was a famous piece that I was just unfamiliar with!

Leenie 08-30-2009 07:48 AM

Good Morning,

Looks gloomy out but I'm hoping we get some sun today.... my brain needs it lol, you too Mary? lol

Hope good to see you chickie... good luck w/school.. its not easy thats for sure and I give you so much credit..you rock !!

Buddly canned peaches mmmmmmmmmmm sounds awesome, do you make jam? I hear ya about dreaded winter... sigh.

DD is still sleeping and my pup's won't let me type LOL seems they want some mommy attention so I better play with them or they'll wake the house up.

Have a great Sunday Chicks :hug:

Leenie

salsa chip 08-30-2009 10:01 AM

Hello ladies,

even though it's almost the end of August, can I join in?
I've been diagnosed with depression, anxiety and other issues and will be beginning treatment for depression soon. My weight loss journey is part of my determination to get better. The past couple of days have been really rough - I don't have any meds yet except sleeping pills - but today is shaping up to be a good day.

I'm a bit nervous about beginning treatment but also anxious to begin - looking forward to it if you like. Can anyone if possible share a little about their experiences in therapy? The unknown is a bit daunting, even though I know so well that I need to get better.

hope4me 08-30-2009 11:23 PM

Welcome Salsa, please do join in! Looking forward to getting to know you. Good for you on getting help.

Well ladies, I'm making some EXTREMELY poor food choices. I'm so mad at myself. :mad: I've gained back most of the 10 lbs I had lost. Blah. I need to get a grip again. I was feeling so much better. What is wrong with me?

I got some of my cleaning done yesterday and did a little when I got home tonight since dh wasn't here when I got off work. Hope you all had a good weekend.

buddly 08-31-2009 02:40 AM

Hi all :wave:

Hope everyone had a good weekend.

Welcome Salsa, looking forward to knowing you better. And thats great you are getting some help. I've only just started seeing a counselor and have been finding it helpful as I'm gaining the tools to deal with everything, plus of course she makes sure I stay on my meds.

Hope how was your class?

Leenie I haven't made jam in quite a few years, now that the girls are older we don't go through much. The girls would only eat strawberry jam and I love raspberry jelly, but as I said, haven't made it in years.

The canning went a lot smoother than I expected, which was a pleasant surprise. Ended up with 11 quarts. Now I'd like to get some beets and do some pickles beets, love those things! Hubby finally got around to replacing the bathtub taps. That was a bit of an ordeal as nothing is standard in this place so he had to do some mix and matching. DdA and her friend who lives with us are heading out tomorrow for a three day road trip. I'm trying not to worry, they both have cell phones and DdA has an auto club membership. They should have a blast. Unfortunately the third girl is sick and can't go with them. This is their last run before they add university to their schedules.

I should get to sleep here.

Take care everyone,
K