3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Depression and Weight Issues (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/depression-weight-issues-76/)
-   -   August 2009 - Come Chatter With Us! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/depression-weight-issues/178122-august-2009-come-chatter-us.html)

Purefire 08-22-2009 01:35 PM

Hello Ladies. :wave:

Marbear ~ How are you doing hun? My boyfriend ended up giving away one of our kittens without asking me and I was really upset with him over it. It feels like he gave away one of our kids. I love all the kittens and I can still tell she is not here. I got attached to all of them. :cry:

Mom ~ How was your sleepover?

Hope ~ How was your trip? Glad to see your back. Coming back from vacation is never fun and you always want it to be longer especially when you go away. I hope you had a good time :)

Judo ~ Hang in there.

Leenie ~ Hurricane's very rarely make it this far north. It keeps saying that it's going to rain her but it doesn't. I really wish it would though. The humidity has been terrible.

:yawn::coffee: Trying to get moving today but until now I felt like I was in slow motion. I think I finally managed to catch up on some sleep (Last night I fell asleep at 7pm and then woke up at 1am. My bf and I went for a walk to the store and then I fell asleep at 2am and woke up at 11am) but my body hasn't caught up with being awake yet, but I'm working on getting moving now.

Yesterday ended up being my cheat day, but I didn't do to bad. I took my son, his friend and my step mother out to pub 99 and then we end to see GI Joe (which was a really good movie) and then we hit an arcade and played games. I had thought I would end up gaining but I ended up losing .6lbs (which is not great but it's still a loss). :carrot:

Today I have some cleaning to do. (what a surprise) and I plan to spend time with my son. :cb:

Have a wonderful Saturday Ladies. :hug:

Leenie 08-23-2009 02:04 PM

Good Afternoon.. wow the morning went fast.

Purefire sounds like you had a great day yesterday :D

Nothing happening here, sosdd ;)

Have a great day chickies.

Leenie

Purefire 08-23-2009 02:24 PM

Hello Ladies.. :wave:

Just popping in. Nothing going on today except a little cleaning.

Hope everyone has a good day. :hug:

marbear24 08-24-2009 11:42 AM

Mornin'

Not too much here. Took a long weekend to mellow out after a hectic summer. It was enjoyable. I'm a little off kilter b/c my sleep schedule got messed up. At 2am I was still WIDE awake so I took allergy medicin (it knocks me out in about 20 min). I'm still a little out of it from the meds, but better than I would have been if I fell asleep at 5 and had to wake up at 7.

I'm drinking my coffee with Spelnda and lite coffee-mate today instead of cream adn sugar. Bleck. Cutting back calorie everywhere I can. I can't cut out coffee so I tried to make it do the least damage possible. If I drank it for the taste and not soley because it makes me human, I'd be doinging without it tasting as it does today!

My therapist got going on something this weekend that was un story related. Still have yet to go through that hassel.

The printer at work just took a crap. I hate that thing. It's amazing how a printer can ruin an entire work day.

Mom - Hope you had fun with the S.O.

Hope - Hope you had a good trip. We missed you too :)

Judo - :hug:

Pure - I'm ok, thanks. Sorry about the Kittens :(. Pets do have an odd way of making you get WAY too attached to them...

Everyone else :wave:

buddly 08-24-2009 12:32 PM

:wave: Hi everyone

marbear24 08-25-2009 08:52 AM

SOS, DD

I'm actually kind of excited today (because I'm a total dork). One of my favorite authors, Patricia Briggs, has her new book coming out today. I'm that kind of nerd who has new books on thier calendar as exciting events. Seriously, it's just... sad. Anyway - after work I'm hitting up Borders to pick up an online order I had delivered to the store and the new book. Then, I will go home and read it. All. :book2:

Hope everyone has a great day...:grouphug:

HeatherAngel 08-25-2009 11:52 AM

Hi all :wave:

I'm just winding down into the end of summer - back to school next week!

Back soon!

Leenie 08-25-2009 12:07 PM

Happy Tuesday,

Back to work for me today. I can't believe the kids start school in 2 weeks.. where the heck did the summer go? Amazing how the winter is slow and the summer just zooms by :( Oh well lol

Got lots to be thankful for :D

:hug:

Purefire 08-25-2009 02:19 PM

Hi Everyone.. :wave:

Marbear ~ Your not the only one. :) I do the exact same thing. I have a favorite author. (Christine Feehan) I always know when her new books are going to be in stores. The day they come out, I am at the store buying them. I have 2 totes full of books in my attic that I can't put out yet, because I don't have the space here. Everytime I go to a book store I always end up leaving with 2 or 3 books. Its a nice hobby.

Heather ~ My daughter is already back in school and my son starts next week.

Leenie ~ Its always like that. With the summer going by so fast and the winter dragging. We have so few months of nice weather.

I've hit a plateau already and I've only been back at it for a week. I've been at the same weight for three days and it's driving me nut. This is normally about the time I give up. But I am trying to figure out what I am doing wrong and fix it.

Going to take my son to the movies again today. I want to see Harry Potter.

hope4me 08-25-2009 10:32 PM

Purefire, I don't think you are necessarily doing anything wrong. You won't lose weight everyday. That would mean you are losing at least 7 lbs a week. Unless you are on a very extremely unhealthy diet 1-2 lbs a week is normal. That may mean you don't lose a pound for 2 weeks and then lose 3 lbs on the third week. Just keep doing what you are supposed to and the scale will move, just not usually when we want it to. ;)

I haven't been doing so well on my eating and exercise since I've been home. I hope to change that. My class starts this weekend and I'm a little nervous. I really need a good grade.

I don't have much to tell. sosdd. Work has really been getting on my nerves lately. I just don't want to be there. What a waste of time.

I'm off tomorrow but I have pool tomorrow night. My house is mess so I should clean. Should is the key word.

See you tomorrow. :hug:

marbear24 08-26-2009 12:31 PM

:hug:

Purefire 08-26-2009 04:05 PM

Hi all..

Heather ~ I normally have a Special k Meal Bar or Special K cereal for breakfast. A salad with tomatoes for lunch with lite dressing or my low fat/cal pasta salad and Chicken with Broccoli for Dinner. I've been obsessed with the chicken and broccoli. and I have an apple or grapes for snacks. and I walk between a half hour to 2 hours a day.

Other than that things are going ok. I went to see my therapist today. She said that she's proud of me because I'm doing so much better than I was a month ago. But she thinks I need to go to my doctor and do something about my meds. I'm working on getting insurance so I can go to see him.

On a funny note my kittens are driving me nuts. They keep climbing on my chair.. playing with my hair, waiting to be pet, and meowing if I don't. I was playing a dice game on facebook and the male kitten decided she would try to go after the dice. The screen got in his way.

Hope everyone has a good day...

marbear24 08-27-2009 08:05 AM

g'day ladies

Pure - Awww, they love you :)

hope - don't be nervous, I'm sure you'll be fabulous.

As for me, nothing to report in. I need to get my 24 oz cup of coffee in drinking shape (aka: find cream) and I should be good to go for the day.

Have a great Thursday! Almost Friday!

Purefire 08-27-2009 08:45 AM

hello ladies..

Its been a long night :P Meaning Ive been up for 28 hours. I couldn't sleep last night. I just got home from a walk and now I'm exhausted and I have so much to do today. Going to try and take a 2/3 hour nap and then get things done.

hope everyone has a wonderful Thursday.

buddly 08-27-2009 02:01 PM

Hi everyone :wave:

Not to much new around here. It is so hard to believe that school starts so soon. I guess I really should do that back to school shopping thing. Its DdC's last year and she is taking a lot of woodworking courses so we really don't need many supplies as such, but she will need some new jeans and that takes forever. :dizzy:

Haven't been eating to much but getting my walks in so the scale is moving down, don't know how healthy it all is tho. Got put back on the celexa as I've spent the last two-three weeks crying. So now I'm not sleeping, but not crying. A vicious circle.

Anyway a daughter has asked for chicken thighs "in the sauce that sounds funny but tastes good" have no idea what sauce that is, but know I have to go to Costco to buy thighs. At least one of them gave me an idea for dinner. :)

Have a great day everyone and take care,
K