3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Depression and Weight Issues (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/depression-weight-issues-76/)
-   -   August 2009 - Come Chatter With Us! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/depression-weight-issues/178122-august-2009-come-chatter-us.html)

HeatherAngel 08-01-2009 10:47 AM

August 2009 - Come Chatter With Us!

Hi all! Happy Saturday! ;) And oh my goodness - August already!! :faint:

Hope - any workout is better than none - I can now walk three miles, still slow (for me) but it's getting me moving ;)

Leenie - things are healing really well, and I have the swelling mostly under control - it's odd how I'll swell as the day goes on, and takes some getting used to! That said - I have defined abs I would NEVER have had on my own, no matter how hard I worked at it!! I still can't have a really good stretch, but generally I am happy... though as the water weight comes off, and I slim down again, my boobs seem enormous! :o

Nothing of news here - just trying to keep busy, and take care of myself. :yes: I hope you are all enjoying some sunshine, wherever you are!

Heather :D

momof4under5 08-01-2009 11:43 AM

cant believe it is august.....feels like a lazy day.....yesterday was the ideal lazy day cause it was rainy...

hope4me 08-01-2009 11:23 PM

I lived through the biker party! :scooter: And it made df happy. That was the whole point.

Leenie 08-02-2009 08:16 AM

Good Morning,

Heather I'm thrilled for you and so happy you are happy with the new you. Bet there's some new clothes shopping in your near future huh. Oh.. it sounds like so much fun. YEAH YOU !!

:wave: Mom & Hope

August is kinda sad, its like the last horrah of summer... oh well. Its raining hard this morning, we've had a very very wet summer...feels like we got robbed I tell yah lol. Oh well, better then snow.

Have a wonderful day chicks :hug:

buddly 08-02-2009 02:44 PM

Good morning everyone:wave:

Ravengirl 08-02-2009 04:39 PM

Okay! Hi Everybody! This is actually attempt number two this morning! My last post was eaten in cyberland! I know I have been away for awhile, I have been checking in a bit here and there but haven't had the time to really be involved. I am glad to see the familiar faces still around and welcome to all the newbies!!!

My weightloss has actually been non existent...I actually had to up my ticker by a pound but hey, I haven't been getting my workouts, my dogwalking has dropped off to almost nothing and I have been dealing with foot and knee problems so I figure that that was a small price to pay really. I had also slipped into the sugar zone (addiction) and am currently going through detox again. Day 3 today. Yesterday was tough...headachey, achey, felt like my body was lead, and raging stomachache! Yeah, sugar isn't a drug... Bull!

Also, our friend that also has brain cancer (my DH has it for those of you who don't know) passed away, and that shocked and shook me for awhile, brought up all the fear that I had dealt with before. I am delving deeply into meditation and self analysis and I have made great strides in improving my positive energy. Believe it or not, The Dog Whisperer, Cesar Millan is being immensely helpful!!! And I am using his methods to handle my dogwalking as well.

Anyway! I just wanted to check in, tell everyone that I have missed you all and am glad to see so many still hanging in there.

luv luv everybody!!! :)

momof4under5 08-02-2009 07:01 PM

Raven- sorry about your friend...that does make it hard to think about. I am really struggling with the sugar thing. I know that is part of my problem its just getting away from it is the hard part!!

Nothing much going on. Vacation Bible School this week.....Take some extra meds to deal with all the kids..LOL...Just kidding...ok lata!!

hope4me 08-02-2009 11:22 PM

Raven :hug: so glad you checked in. I've wondered how things were going. Sorry to hear about your friend. That must be really tough on you. I admire your coping efforts. Feeling good in the midst of tragedy takes effort and you seem to really be putting in the effort. Also congrats on stopping the weight gain at one pound. I wish I had done that 80 pounds ago!

Speaking of weight gain, I ate too much again today. I've been snacking at night again. I was getting away with a handful of berries and I was satisfied but now I'm all out searching for one thing after another. It sucks.

harrismm 08-03-2009 12:15 AM

Just a question for any who might know.I have been on Pristiq for about 3 months.I am so drowsy.I can sleep 10 hours at night then 3-4 during day???Any input??

Leenie 08-03-2009 07:35 AM

Good Morning Ladies :hug:

Happy Monday....

Quote:

Originally Posted by harrismm (Post 2856584)
Just a question for any who might know.I have been on Pristiq for about 3 months.I am so drowsy.I can sleep 10 hours at night then 3-4 during day???Any input??

I'm not sure of the side effects of Pristiq... but the first thing I would do is call my doctor and tell him/her you are sleeping so much. Maybe he can lower the dosage?

HeatherAngel 08-03-2009 10:59 AM

Morning, welcome all - sun is shining...

marbear24 08-03-2009 11:38 AM

Good morning all!

MY APARTMENT IS GUEST FREE! Woohoo! So now maybe this 3 week streak of being horribly unhealthy will go away and I can get back to normal. Really - I've been so bad these past couple of weeks. I've been stressed too so the will power I have needed to decline the suggestion to order pizza hasn't been there to help. I think I need to loose the "1 for every 5lbs" sunshine in my profile. Boo!

Have a great day. Super busy here, but I'll catch up and read through all posts from the past few days later on this afternoon when I *hopefully* get a few spare minutes.

hope4me 08-03-2009 09:27 PM

Welcome everybody!

Harris, I don't know. I haven't been on pristiq but I think Leenie is right, call your dr and let him know what's going on.

I was off today and slept away most of it. I hate when I do that. I got nothing done around the house and it needs it badly. I did buy the books I need for the one class and lab I'm taking this fall, they were nearly $300!! If I was taking a full load I can't imagine what it would have cost. It's just crazy. I'm still eating too much. Why am I sabotaging myself?

oogi 08-04-2009 09:25 AM

Morning all! It's a lazy one here in oogi-ville. Got a happy buzz at weigh-in this am when I entered the 180's. Woo-hoo!!

marbear24 08-04-2009 01:29 PM

Oogi - Congrats on reaching the 180's!

Hope all you other very fine ladies have a great day! :)

Ravengirl 08-04-2009 02:18 PM

Good Morning Everybody!

Thanks Hope & Mom... Yeah, it was really hard to hear about our friend... But I have come to realize that even though they both have the same basic disease that is where the similarity ended. They had different symptoms, different recovery times for their surgeries...everything was...and is...different. There are people that are diagnosed with this illness and pass away within months...and then there are people who are still going 14 years later. You just have to believe. That is all that you can do...anything else negative that you allow just saps your energy, your will, and your happiness. I won't allow that.

Well, tomorrow is the day we find out the results of the MRI... I feel good...he feels tense...I can understand that, but I know that he is fine...I believe it.

I wore my heart rate monitor yesterday on my bike ride, I didn't think I was working as hard as I apparently was...hopefully I will see some results on the scale very soon.

Happy Tuesday Chickies!!!

buddly 08-04-2009 06:52 PM

Hi everyone!!:wave:

Hey Raven great to see you again. So sorry about your husband's friend and you are right everyone is different. I'd say good luck on the MRI, but you don't need luck as it'll be fine. Congrats on getting back on track, how are you feeling with the sugar detox?

Hope I hear you on the cost of books. I was shocked with DdA's first semester and the books came to over $400 and she was taking only three classes. As for the self sabotaging, well that would be the blind leading the blind here!!

Congrats oogie for getting into the 180's!!!! <happy dance>

Hope everyone is doing alright!!:grouphug:

The weather has turned a little here. It feels a lot cooler and its cloudy and windy. My hubby will be pleased as his office turns into an oven when its hot. (can't get use to that, my hubby in an office full time, he's been a truck driver for 20yrs!!this is just weird) Had a wonderful NSV this morning. I put on a new pair of size 12 jeans that I had picked up and they fit just fine this morning!(my 14's go between fitting just fine and being able to remove them without undoing the button) Walked out into the kitchen and DdB went "whoa! where did you get those jeans?" and DdC's comment was "you're sexy mom today" helped boost the ol' confidence for sure.
I should go and get something done here.

Take care everyone and have a wonderful day!
K

hope4me 08-04-2009 10:16 PM

Raven, :crossed: Let us know how things go tomorrow. We would love to celebrate some good news with you.

Buddly,:bravo: Size 12, no fair! Oh how I want to be in a size 12. I'm short so if I was in a 12 I could be buying pants that I didn't have to have hemmed. You can find 16 petites but they are really size 14's. I find that they are off a size. Anywho... way to go!

Oogi, :cp: Wow, the 180's, that's awesome! I'm in the 190's ( I need to change my ticker) and I want to be back there.

I'm still struggling with wanting to eat all day. It's like somebody flipped the hungry switch again.

HeatherAngel 08-05-2009 10:01 AM

Morning all :wave:

Raven - let us know how you get on - thinking of you :hug:

I'm going away for a couple of nights with a friend - just a change of scene and a bit of adventure... chat when I get back. Hope you all have a great week :)

Heather :D

hope4me 08-05-2009 11:51 PM

Where are you peeps?

Have fun Heather and enjoy your time away.

I ate too much again today. Please stop me!

momof4under5 08-06-2009 12:24 AM

Quick up date...its been Vacation Bible School week so I have been busy...Tomorrow I get to break raw eggs all over me. I got an egg splattered at me by accident the other day but hey the kids loved it. I guess acting crazy for the kids is worth it!! i have managed to knock props over, my net flew off the pole of my butterfly catcher...But the character I am playing is always suppose to be running into stuff and that so Hey i am doing good...LOL Thats why tomorrow he falls and the eggs he was carrying break all over him...

ANWAYS the awesome news. I got on the scale TONIGHT (usually high at night best in the morning) and i was still out of the 220's. I had went back up to like 222 around there and been there for like 3 or 4 months. well I was out of them the other day but it fluctuates so much that I figured it would go back up but it didnt it went down more!!! YAAAAA....But then I still drank a mt dew tonite...DANG that soda...errr

I will make it out of the 200's if it kills me...

ok well I was excited and for once I could post something good instead of something depressing!!! i think it might have been that meds I went on a few months ago. I havent lost any weight since I went on them. I have been off it for a little over a week and not tired and sleepy any more so maybe that was the problem!!!

K Lata

buddly 08-06-2009 12:40 AM

Hi everyone!
Didn't do much of anything today, but I did get a brisk walk in after dinner. Have to get DdC into town to write her knowledge test for her learners at 8:30 tomorrow morning (she wrote yesterday and just failed so insisted she wanted to go back right away) and then I get to go to work for a few hours.

Heather enjoy your visit.

Hi Hope!

Mom congrats on the loss!!! Have fun getting covered in eggs tomorrow!

Raven how did the MRI go?

Take care everyone,
K

Leenie 08-06-2009 08:43 AM

:wave:

Ravengirl 08-06-2009 03:16 PM

Hello My Beautiful Ones! :)

The MRI is CLEAN!!! Our wonderful radiologist is going to go back over his scans from the last two years with another Dr. just to go through things with a fine tooth comb but he said that is only a precaution that he likes to do once a year just to be ultra safe. The bottom line is that he is feeling fine, still doing well in college (as in 4.0) and we just returned from his (most likely) final reenlistment in the Air Force. Had to get up early and I didn't have time for my usual coffee so I am going to sit down over here, enjoy the posts and drink it now. It was such a long road for us and I don't know that either one of us thought that he would be allowed to reenlist...or to have even retained his career in the first place after the surgery...it was so very emotional. I am so proud of him...his strength, his will, his love, just everything. Thank you all for caring... I am going to go crash for awhile! :)

buddly 08-06-2009 07:25 PM

Wow Raven!! That is wonderful news!!:hug: I'm so happy for you all.:D

marbear24 08-07-2009 10:49 AM

Raven - Glad to hear everything came out OK.

Mom - I'm assuming your avatar is a picture of your daughters - they are precious :) I'm glad you're feeling better.

Heather - hope you had fun!

Bud - sexy mom - yay! :)

Pure, Sassy - Where did you go?? Hmm... Perhaps I'll stick a link to thins thread on the July forum... unless someone did that already, in that case - Never mind!

I've been in a great mood at home lately - partially do to the fact that I've been so stressed at work - once I get home "good" mood is all the mood I have left! So I mentioned back in the day that I was writing this story.. basically getting what I need to write out of the way so I can write what I want. I gave a copy of it to my therapist a month or so ago (I see her every other week). Never actually gave an update as to how that went... Haha. Probably for a reason. Apparently my personality "shines through" - which is kind of funny because while I was writing it last week I decided this was one of those stories where most people would hate the main character. Grieving or not - she's a bit of a turd. So perhaps I'm just not likable. I should find that depressing, but it somehow makes me happy. WTF? Anyway, I gave it to her so she could read it and get the skinny on stuff I don't want to talk about. That backfired. It brought up more stuff that she wants to talk about more, which made me just start bawling during my last session. I meet with her again tomorrow morning. So not looking forward to it. Perhaps she'll forget that she read it *crosses fingers*.

Continuing to write it had me kind of down over the past month or so – which didn’t help the dieting. I’m an emotional eater, so writing something that’s upsetting it counter productive at best. Couple that with all of my guests – and I have my work cut out for me! Haha. I’ve gotten to the point in it where I’m adding more fiction than fact so it’s not bad. I actually kind of like it – which is weird. I never like anything I write when I reread it. I guess there’s a first time for everything.

Have a good day all. :hug:

buddly 08-07-2009 11:58 AM

Leenie :balloons::bday2you::balloons:
Hope you have a wonderful day!!!!!

And a huge Hello to everyone else:wave:

have work today, going to be a hot one in there.

marbear, thanks. Good luck with the therapist tomorrow. I just started seeing a counselor and I don't really like it when she picks up on certain things and starts digging.

mom, Hope, Sassy, oogie are you doing alright?

Should start getting read. Hope you all have a wonderful Friday!

Take care,
K

hope4me 08-07-2009 03:20 PM

:balloons::bday2you: Happy Birthday Leenie!! :bday2you::balloons:

Leenie 08-07-2009 03:57 PM

Raven :hug: WONDERFUL !!!

Thank you chickies... like my dear friend jiffy says... 25 again :D

(don't I wish lolol).

Love yah's !!!

HeatherAngel 08-07-2009 09:30 PM

:balloons: Happy Birthday Leenie - so glad I didn't miss it! Love ya! x

Sassy_Chick 08-08-2009 01:32 AM

Here I am! lol

HAPPY BELATED BDAY, LEENIE! I HOPE IT TOTALLY ROCKED!!!!!!! :bday2you::D

I have just been doing the usual, workin' then last night DH took me down to Childrens Hospital (Where he works) we brought his coworker a baby gift and I got to meet everybody there. They are really nice. Then we went to an awesome place to eat that they all order from all the time. It was really good.

Today we had our friend over and cooked out, had steaks and baked potatoes and cucumber salad. :drool: I have pretty much fell off the "diet" wagon. I eat what I want, just in much smaller portions. It works better for me. I just gotta get back to excercising. Since I got sick last month, I stopped walking on my lunch at work. My coworker has been walking though, she is doing really well, lost weight. But she is 11 years younger than me and not as heavy as me. I know not a great excuse, but it makes a difference.

Anywho, right now our friend and DH are trying to fix our home computer. (I am on DH's work laptop). So lets hope they fix it! I was rockin' before to Def Leppard! YEEEEEAHHHH BABBBBBYYY!! lol. They are like one my favorite bands ever! I got to see them in concert when I was a Senior in HS! So that was like forever ago!

Thats about it. Sassy out...........:cool:

hope4me 08-09-2009 12:12 AM

Sassy, I've fallen off the wagon too. Didn't take long for me, did it? I've been eating poorly for a week or two, not sure now. It's probably been a week since I've worked out. I'm not completely out of the notion of doing it so I need to try to hop back on the bandwagon before it leaves town for another six months or something.

I've been thinking about how much my weight hinders me lately and it's incredible how it impacts my life. I need to concentrate on that so maybe it will encourage me to keep making the changes I was making. I was feeling so much better. What happened? :o

momof4under5 08-09-2009 12:16 AM

what a long week....vacation bible school is over. It was fun but very exhausting. My house is trashed and tons of laundry...UGHHH..

well I got to prepare to go to another church with my friend and we are doing a drama for them. so I need to work on that!! Have a good day tomorrow!!!

Yes those are my girlies....they are beautiful but they are a handful!!!

Sassy_Chick 08-09-2009 04:21 AM

Hello.

Hope -- I am the same, no motivation and I was doing so well. Then I got sick and everything went down hill from there!

Big :hug: to all who may need them!

Purefire 08-09-2009 11:03 AM

Hello Ladies..:wave:

I read half of the posts I missed. I'm so tired if I remember... I'll finish reading them later.

Leenie ~ Happy Belated Birthday.

I just got back from being on vacation. I went to Indiana to see my daughter.
My mother and I drove there. Which was a 17 hour trip. We got back this morning at 6am. I got about 2 hours sleep but I am still really tired. Going to do some cleaning and other stuff and hopefully catch a nap at some point.

Then of course I don't want to get on the scale.

Have a good day ladies...

HeatherAngel 08-10-2009 10:37 AM

Hiya chicks :wave:

I'm so tired - my house alarm was set off last night by a bad lightning storm here, and there were no technicians available to fix the system. Gah! Yawn. Going to be a long day.

Hope you're all hanging in :)

marbear24 08-10-2009 12:03 PM

Leenie – Happy Belated Bday!

Sassy, Hope – I’m in the same boat. But today I’m getting back on the wagon. Just not interested in counting or working out – which needs to change. Perhaps we need a “staying on the wagon pack”?

Pure – Hope you enjoyed the time you spent with your daughter.

Heather – Take a nap! That sounds like a stinky night

Budly, Mom, everyone else – I hope you have a fabulous day.

So, I didn’t have to go through the therapist thing this weekend b/c she had to cancel. Although that made me happy, it’s because her dog was sick – and that makes me sad. So all in all I’d rather have had the apt then have a sick doggie. He’s old too, so sick isn’t good . My hubby was supposed to read it over again this weekend but didn’t. Perhaps he’ll do it this week.

The weekend was great. We went to the New England Revs vs LA Galaxy game. I was amused by the number women there who spent the ENTIRE game trying to get a good close up of David Beckham while ignoring the game. Sunday we hung around the apt which was quite fabulous as well. Sometimes, nothing is a great thing.

Sassy_Chick 08-10-2009 09:11 PM

Hey all I had a nice long post and replied to everybody and hit a key and it disappeared! :mad:

Lets try this again, shall we? UGH!

Pure -- what part of Indiana does your daughter live? I am originally from IN.

Heather -- Yikes I hope you get the much needed rest you need!

Marbear -- I keep falling off the wagon, I need a wagon with seat belts! lol. I agree, sometimes doing nothing is great!

Have a Good One!!

:hug:

hope4me 08-10-2009 11:24 PM

hi all,

Just wanted to say hi. I'm tired, I had to close at work tonight. It seemed like a long day. I'm mad at myself for eating so poorly. sosdd

Catch y'all tomorrow.

Purefire 08-11-2009 12:20 AM

Hi ladies.

marbear ~ I did have alot of fun with my daughter. We did alot of shopping while I was there. It was nice.

Sassy ~ i use to live in Kewanna, it's about 15 minutes from Rochester and a half hour from Logansport. Its just a small little town.

Today is just not a good day. Yesterday or actually Sunday. I got into a car accident. Some guy ran right into me. i ended up going to the hospital and have soft tissue damage in my neck and my back is really sore. The doctor said I basically had wip lash. It sucks. I rested most of the day yesterday and finally got a chance to sit at the computer. It still hurts to sit or stand for long periods of time

Hope everyone else had/has a better day then I had.