3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Depression and Weight Issues (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/depression-weight-issues-76/)
-   -   August 2009 - Come Chatter With Us! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/depression-weight-issues/178122-august-2009-come-chatter-us.html)

HeatherAngel 08-01-2009 10:47 AM

August 2009 - Come Chatter With Us!

Hi all! Happy Saturday! ;) And oh my goodness - August already!! :faint:

Hope - any workout is better than none - I can now walk three miles, still slow (for me) but it's getting me moving ;)

Leenie - things are healing really well, and I have the swelling mostly under control - it's odd how I'll swell as the day goes on, and takes some getting used to! That said - I have defined abs I would NEVER have had on my own, no matter how hard I worked at it!! I still can't have a really good stretch, but generally I am happy... though as the water weight comes off, and I slim down again, my boobs seem enormous! :o

Nothing of news here - just trying to keep busy, and take care of myself. :yes: I hope you are all enjoying some sunshine, wherever you are!

Heather :D

momof4under5 08-01-2009 11:43 AM

cant believe it is august.....feels like a lazy day.....yesterday was the ideal lazy day cause it was rainy...

hope4me 08-01-2009 11:23 PM

I lived through the biker party! :scooter: And it made df happy. That was the whole point.

Leenie 08-02-2009 08:16 AM

Good Morning,

Heather I'm thrilled for you and so happy you are happy with the new you. Bet there's some new clothes shopping in your near future huh. Oh.. it sounds like so much fun. YEAH YOU !!

:wave: Mom & Hope

August is kinda sad, its like the last horrah of summer... oh well. Its raining hard this morning, we've had a very very wet summer...feels like we got robbed I tell yah lol. Oh well, better then snow.

Have a wonderful day chicks :hug:

buddly 08-02-2009 02:44 PM

Good morning everyone:wave:

Ravengirl 08-02-2009 04:39 PM

Okay! Hi Everybody! This is actually attempt number two this morning! My last post was eaten in cyberland! I know I have been away for awhile, I have been checking in a bit here and there but haven't had the time to really be involved. I am glad to see the familiar faces still around and welcome to all the newbies!!!

My weightloss has actually been non existent...I actually had to up my ticker by a pound but hey, I haven't been getting my workouts, my dogwalking has dropped off to almost nothing and I have been dealing with foot and knee problems so I figure that that was a small price to pay really. I had also slipped into the sugar zone (addiction) and am currently going through detox again. Day 3 today. Yesterday was tough...headachey, achey, felt like my body was lead, and raging stomachache! Yeah, sugar isn't a drug... Bull!

Also, our friend that also has brain cancer (my DH has it for those of you who don't know) passed away, and that shocked and shook me for awhile, brought up all the fear that I had dealt with before. I am delving deeply into meditation and self analysis and I have made great strides in improving my positive energy. Believe it or not, The Dog Whisperer, Cesar Millan is being immensely helpful!!! And I am using his methods to handle my dogwalking as well.

Anyway! I just wanted to check in, tell everyone that I have missed you all and am glad to see so many still hanging in there.

luv luv everybody!!! :)

momof4under5 08-02-2009 07:01 PM

Raven- sorry about your friend...that does make it hard to think about. I am really struggling with the sugar thing. I know that is part of my problem its just getting away from it is the hard part!!

Nothing much going on. Vacation Bible School this week.....Take some extra meds to deal with all the kids..LOL...Just kidding...ok lata!!

hope4me 08-02-2009 11:22 PM

Raven :hug: so glad you checked in. I've wondered how things were going. Sorry to hear about your friend. That must be really tough on you. I admire your coping efforts. Feeling good in the midst of tragedy takes effort and you seem to really be putting in the effort. Also congrats on stopping the weight gain at one pound. I wish I had done that 80 pounds ago!

Speaking of weight gain, I ate too much again today. I've been snacking at night again. I was getting away with a handful of berries and I was satisfied but now I'm all out searching for one thing after another. It sucks.

harrismm 08-03-2009 12:15 AM

Just a question for any who might know.I have been on Pristiq for about 3 months.I am so drowsy.I can sleep 10 hours at night then 3-4 during day???Any input??

Leenie 08-03-2009 07:35 AM

Good Morning Ladies :hug:

Happy Monday....

Quote:

Originally Posted by harrismm (Post 2856584)
Just a question for any who might know.I have been on Pristiq for about 3 months.I am so drowsy.I can sleep 10 hours at night then 3-4 during day???Any input??

I'm not sure of the side effects of Pristiq... but the first thing I would do is call my doctor and tell him/her you are sleeping so much. Maybe he can lower the dosage?

HeatherAngel 08-03-2009 10:59 AM

Morning, welcome all - sun is shining...

marbear24 08-03-2009 11:38 AM

Good morning all!

MY APARTMENT IS GUEST FREE! Woohoo! So now maybe this 3 week streak of being horribly unhealthy will go away and I can get back to normal. Really - I've been so bad these past couple of weeks. I've been stressed too so the will power I have needed to decline the suggestion to order pizza hasn't been there to help. I think I need to loose the "1 for every 5lbs" sunshine in my profile. Boo!

Have a great day. Super busy here, but I'll catch up and read through all posts from the past few days later on this afternoon when I *hopefully* get a few spare minutes.

hope4me 08-03-2009 09:27 PM

Welcome everybody!

Harris, I don't know. I haven't been on pristiq but I think Leenie is right, call your dr and let him know what's going on.

I was off today and slept away most of it. I hate when I do that. I got nothing done around the house and it needs it badly. I did buy the books I need for the one class and lab I'm taking this fall, they were nearly $300!! If I was taking a full load I can't imagine what it would have cost. It's just crazy. I'm still eating too much. Why am I sabotaging myself?

oogi 08-04-2009 09:25 AM

Morning all! It's a lazy one here in oogi-ville. Got a happy buzz at weigh-in this am when I entered the 180's. Woo-hoo!!

marbear24 08-04-2009 01:29 PM

Oogi - Congrats on reaching the 180's!

Hope all you other very fine ladies have a great day! :)