3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Depression and Weight Issues (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/depression-weight-issues-76/)
-   -   August 2009 - Come Chatter With Us! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/depression-weight-issues/178122-august-2009-come-chatter-us.html)

Sassy_Chick 08-08-2009 01:32 AM

Here I am! lol

HAPPY BELATED BDAY, LEENIE! I HOPE IT TOTALLY ROCKED!!!!!!! :bday2you::D

I have just been doing the usual, workin' then last night DH took me down to Childrens Hospital (Where he works) we brought his coworker a baby gift and I got to meet everybody there. They are really nice. Then we went to an awesome place to eat that they all order from all the time. It was really good.

Today we had our friend over and cooked out, had steaks and baked potatoes and cucumber salad. :drool: I have pretty much fell off the "diet" wagon. I eat what I want, just in much smaller portions. It works better for me. I just gotta get back to excercising. Since I got sick last month, I stopped walking on my lunch at work. My coworker has been walking though, she is doing really well, lost weight. But she is 11 years younger than me and not as heavy as me. I know not a great excuse, but it makes a difference.

Anywho, right now our friend and DH are trying to fix our home computer. (I am on DH's work laptop). So lets hope they fix it! I was rockin' before to Def Leppard! YEEEEEAHHHH BABBBBBYYY!! lol. They are like one my favorite bands ever! I got to see them in concert when I was a Senior in HS! So that was like forever ago!

Thats about it. Sassy out...........:cool:

hope4me 08-09-2009 12:12 AM

Sassy, I've fallen off the wagon too. Didn't take long for me, did it? I've been eating poorly for a week or two, not sure now. It's probably been a week since I've worked out. I'm not completely out of the notion of doing it so I need to try to hop back on the bandwagon before it leaves town for another six months or something.

I've been thinking about how much my weight hinders me lately and it's incredible how it impacts my life. I need to concentrate on that so maybe it will encourage me to keep making the changes I was making. I was feeling so much better. What happened? :o

momof4under5 08-09-2009 12:16 AM

what a long week....vacation bible school is over. It was fun but very exhausting. My house is trashed and tons of laundry...UGHHH..

well I got to prepare to go to another church with my friend and we are doing a drama for them. so I need to work on that!! Have a good day tomorrow!!!

Yes those are my girlies....they are beautiful but they are a handful!!!

Sassy_Chick 08-09-2009 04:21 AM

Hello.

Hope -- I am the same, no motivation and I was doing so well. Then I got sick and everything went down hill from there!

Big :hug: to all who may need them!

Purefire 08-09-2009 11:03 AM

Hello Ladies..:wave:

I read half of the posts I missed. I'm so tired if I remember... I'll finish reading them later.

Leenie ~ Happy Belated Birthday.

I just got back from being on vacation. I went to Indiana to see my daughter.
My mother and I drove there. Which was a 17 hour trip. We got back this morning at 6am. I got about 2 hours sleep but I am still really tired. Going to do some cleaning and other stuff and hopefully catch a nap at some point.

Then of course I don't want to get on the scale.

Have a good day ladies...

HeatherAngel 08-10-2009 10:37 AM

Hiya chicks :wave:

I'm so tired - my house alarm was set off last night by a bad lightning storm here, and there were no technicians available to fix the system. Gah! Yawn. Going to be a long day.

Hope you're all hanging in :)

marbear24 08-10-2009 12:03 PM

Leenie – Happy Belated Bday!

Sassy, Hope – I’m in the same boat. But today I’m getting back on the wagon. Just not interested in counting or working out – which needs to change. Perhaps we need a “staying on the wagon pack”?

Pure – Hope you enjoyed the time you spent with your daughter.

Heather – Take a nap! That sounds like a stinky night

Budly, Mom, everyone else – I hope you have a fabulous day.

So, I didn’t have to go through the therapist thing this weekend b/c she had to cancel. Although that made me happy, it’s because her dog was sick – and that makes me sad. So all in all I’d rather have had the apt then have a sick doggie. He’s old too, so sick isn’t good . My hubby was supposed to read it over again this weekend but didn’t. Perhaps he’ll do it this week.

The weekend was great. We went to the New England Revs vs LA Galaxy game. I was amused by the number women there who spent the ENTIRE game trying to get a good close up of David Beckham while ignoring the game. Sunday we hung around the apt which was quite fabulous as well. Sometimes, nothing is a great thing.

Sassy_Chick 08-10-2009 09:11 PM

Hey all I had a nice long post and replied to everybody and hit a key and it disappeared! :mad:

Lets try this again, shall we? UGH!

Pure -- what part of Indiana does your daughter live? I am originally from IN.

Heather -- Yikes I hope you get the much needed rest you need!

Marbear -- I keep falling off the wagon, I need a wagon with seat belts! lol. I agree, sometimes doing nothing is great!

Have a Good One!!

:hug:

hope4me 08-10-2009 11:24 PM

hi all,

Just wanted to say hi. I'm tired, I had to close at work tonight. It seemed like a long day. I'm mad at myself for eating so poorly. sosdd

Catch y'all tomorrow.

Purefire 08-11-2009 12:20 AM

Hi ladies.

marbear ~ I did have alot of fun with my daughter. We did alot of shopping while I was there. It was nice.

Sassy ~ i use to live in Kewanna, it's about 15 minutes from Rochester and a half hour from Logansport. Its just a small little town.

Today is just not a good day. Yesterday or actually Sunday. I got into a car accident. Some guy ran right into me. i ended up going to the hospital and have soft tissue damage in my neck and my back is really sore. The doctor said I basically had wip lash. It sucks. I rested most of the day yesterday and finally got a chance to sit at the computer. It still hurts to sit or stand for long periods of time

Hope everyone else had/has a better day then I had.

Sassy_Chick 08-11-2009 02:05 AM

Hope -- Big :hug:

Pure -- I am from a small little town called Batesville. Sorry to hear about your accident. I can sympathize. About 14 years ago (wow its been that long?! lol) I was in a head on car accident and I not only got whip lash I also received a injury to my spine that I will have forever. All I can say is take it easy and keep in touch with your dr. I know it hurts a lot. Gentle :hug:

marbear24 08-11-2009 08:43 AM

Ugh. So my sil and bil were supposed to meet us in Boston this weekend on sat. Instead now they are staying at our place. Sigh. The weekends with guests keep continuing.

Everyone seems to need one of these - :hug:

Sassy_Chick 08-12-2009 04:23 AM

Hola

Hola Amigas,

Well I totally screwed up. But oh well. lol. It was worth it! HA! I got one of those little microwavable cakes, ever have those? OMG it was soooo good.......hey at least it wasn't a regular size cake! lol. I almost got the "mini's" that they have that come in a 2-pack, and have one for my coworker, but I didn't want to share. :o So I just got the regular sized one which isn't that big.

But omg it was sooooooooooo good. :drool: I know I have said that already, but it was. So I guess there are worse things in life to do, right?! I just have to get to cleaning my house and my car on my days off and work it all off! ;) I plan on stripping the bed, cleaning out the fridge & freezer, cleaning the car inside and out, weeding my flowers (I know there are flowers in there among all those weeds some where! :lol3:) and do my normal cleaning and laundry too. I would love to get that all done when I get home in the morning, but I know I probably won't make it.........unless I stop for a cappuccino on my way home? :chin:

But wow if I could get that all done when I get home today, that would be totally AWESOME! Then I would have all the rest of my days off to do nothing! NADDA! Well we are going to our friends house on Friday, but thats it. Then again maybe I should stretch them all out because by the time Saturday rolls around (my last night off) I am bored. (My husband works every Wed. and Saturday night)

I do read, man do I read........DH says we have to go to the library and get me a card because I go through books too fast. I bought another book tonight at Wally World. Its called Impossible by Nancy Werlin and it was a good price, so I went ahead and picked it up. When I told DH he is like, "You read that other book already (Currently reading Julie and Julia by Julie Powell) I am like, "No I just saw it and it looked good and it was a good price, so I bought it." lol. I think I am even reading faster than my DH and his dad, who both read fast and also love to read. My mil loves to read too, but she is slow at reading.

Man I am just chattering away here aren't I? :blah: Anywho I think a big part of my eating badly is because I am bored. Plain and simple. I work and I go home. That is it. Nothing much more than that except for the Grocery Store, woooooooo I'm a party animal! :rofl: So not sure what to do about that, but have to do something. I know I could take a class, etc, but um no, I've been to college, got my degrees, no desire to go back, ty or take online courses. Hobbies? Only hobbies I have are reading and watching movies pretty much. Maybe I should get into scrapbooking. I have loads of pictures that need to be done. Any ideas?

Well that is all, I know "thats all?!" :fr: lol.

:hug:

marbear24 08-12-2009 08:58 AM

Good morning ladies. Not too much here.

Sassy - I understand the phenomenon of going through too many books. We bought a 2nd 5 tier bookshelf in April and ran out of room on it mid July. I haven’t even read everything, but books are something I just NEED to buys. It's quite... silly. Perhaps one day I'll be able to take a relaxing vacation by myself and catch up with my collection.

hope4me 08-12-2009 11:53 PM

Hi ladies,

I will be out of town on friday through next friday visiting my mom and friend. I won't have internet access at my mom's so if I'm mia I'll catch up with you next week. Have a great and safe week everybody. I can't wait to get out of here for a few days!