Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 02:18 PM   #16  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 196/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Everybody!

Thanks Hope & Mom... Yeah, it was really hard to hear about our friend... But I have come to realize that even though they both have the same basic disease that is where the similarity ended. They had different symptoms, different recovery times for their surgeries...everything was...and is...different. There are people that are diagnosed with this illness and pass away within months...and then there are people who are still going 14 years later. You just have to believe. That is all that you can do...anything else negative that you allow just saps your energy, your will, and your happiness. I won't allow that.

Well, tomorrow is the day we find out the results of the MRI... I feel good...he feels tense...I can understand that, but I know that he is fine...I believe it.

I wore my heart rate monitor yesterday on my bike ride, I didn't think I was working as hard as I apparently was...hopefully I will see some results on the scale very soon.

Happy Tuesday Chickies!!!
Old 08-04-2009, 06:52 PM   #17  

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone!!

Hey Raven great to see you again. So sorry about your husband's friend and you are right everyone is different. I'd say good luck on the MRI, but you don't need luck as it'll be fine. Congrats on getting back on track, how are you feeling with the sugar detox?

Hope I hear you on the cost of books. I was shocked with DdA's first semester and the books came to over $400 and she was taking only three classes. As for the self sabotaging, well that would be the blind leading the blind here!!

Congrats oogie for getting into the 180's!!!! <happy dance>

Hope everyone is doing alright!!

The weather has turned a little here. It feels a lot cooler and its cloudy and windy. My hubby will be pleased as his office turns into an oven when its hot. (can't get use to that, my hubby in an office full time, he's been a truck driver for 20yrs!!this is just weird) Had a wonderful NSV this morning. I put on a new pair of size 12 jeans that I had picked up and they fit just fine this morning!(my 14's go between fitting just fine and being able to remove them without undoing the button) Walked out into the kitchen and DdB went "whoa! where did you get those jeans?" and DdC's comment was "you're sexy mom today" helped boost the ol' confidence for sure.
I should go and get something done here.

Take care everyone and have a wonderful day!
K
Old 08-04-2009, 10:16 PM   #18  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Raven, Let us know how things go tomorrow. We would love to celebrate some good news with you.

Buddly, Size 12, no fair! Oh how I want to be in a size 12. I'm short so if I was in a 12 I could be buying pants that I didn't have to have hemmed. You can find 16 petites but they are really size 14's. I find that they are off a size. Anywho... way to go!

Oogi, Wow, the 180's, that's awesome! I'm in the 190's ( I need to change my ticker) and I want to be back there.

I'm still struggling with wanting to eat all day. It's like somebody flipped the hungry switch again.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:01 AM   #19  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Morning all

Raven - let us know how you get on - thinking of you

I'm going away for a couple of nights with a friend - just a change of scene and a bit of adventure... chat when I get back. Hope you all have a great week

Heather
Old 08-05-2009, 11:51 PM   #20  
Starting Again

Where are you peeps?

Have fun Heather and enjoy your time away.

I ate too much again today. Please stop me!
Old 08-06-2009, 12:24 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

Quick up date...its been Vacation Bible School week so I have been busy...Tomorrow I get to break raw eggs all over me. I got an egg splattered at me by accident the other day but hey the kids loved it. I guess acting crazy for the kids is worth it!! i have managed to knock props over, my net flew off the pole of my butterfly catcher...But the character I am playing is always suppose to be running into stuff and that so Hey i am doing good...LOL Thats why tomorrow he falls and the eggs he was carrying break all over him...

ANWAYS the awesome news. I got on the scale TONIGHT (usually high at night best in the morning) and i was still out of the 220's. I had went back up to like 222 around there and been there for like 3 or 4 months. well I was out of them the other day but it fluctuates so much that I figured it would go back up but it didnt it went down more!!! YAAAAA....But then I still drank a mt dew tonite...DANG that soda...errr

I will make it out of the 200's if it kills me...

ok well I was excited and for once I could post something good instead of something depressing!!! i think it might have been that meds I went on a few months ago. I havent lost any weight since I went on them. I have been off it for a little over a week and not tired and sleepy any more so maybe that was the problem!!!

K Lata
Old 08-06-2009, 12:40 AM   #22  

Hi everyone!
Didn't do much of anything today, but I did get a brisk walk in after dinner. Have to get DdC into town to write her knowledge test for her learners at 8:30 tomorrow morning (she wrote yesterday and just failed so insisted she wanted to go back right away) and then I get to go to work for a few hours.

Heather enjoy your visit.

Hi Hope!

Mom congrats on the loss!!! Have fun getting covered in eggs tomorrow!

Raven how did the MRI go?

Take care everyone,
K
Old 08-06-2009, 08:43 AM   #23  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Old 08-06-2009, 03:16 PM   #24  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 196/ticker/140

Hello My Beautiful Ones!

The MRI is CLEAN!!! Our wonderful radiologist is going to go back over his scans from the last two years with another Dr. just to go through things with a fine tooth comb but he said that is only a precaution that he likes to do once a year just to be ultra safe. The bottom line is that he is feeling fine, still doing well in college (as in 4.0) and we just returned from his (most likely) final reenlistment in the Air Force. Had to get up early and I didn't have time for my usual coffee so I am going to sit down over here, enjoy the posts and drink it now. It was such a long road for us and I don't know that either one of us thought that he would be allowed to reenlist...or to have even retained his career in the first place after the surgery...it was so very emotional. I am so proud of him...his strength, his will, his love, just everything. Thank you all for caring... I am going to go crash for awhile!
Old 08-06-2009, 07:25 PM   #25  

Wow Raven!! That is wonderful news!! I'm so happy for you all.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:49 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 232/tick/150

Height: 5'8"

Raven - Glad to hear everything came out OK.

Mom - I'm assuming your avatar is a picture of your daughters - they are precious I'm glad you're feeling better.

Heather - hope you had fun!

Bud - sexy mom - yay!

Pure, Sassy - Where did you go?? Hmm... Perhaps I'll stick a link to thins thread on the July forum... unless someone did that already, in that case - Never mind!

I've been in a great mood at home lately - partially do to the fact that I've been so stressed at work - once I get home "good" mood is all the mood I have left! So I mentioned back in the day that I was writing this story.. basically getting what I need to write out of the way so I can write what I want. I gave a copy of it to my therapist a month or so ago (I see her every other week). Never actually gave an update as to how that went... Haha. Probably for a reason. Apparently my personality "shines through" - which is kind of funny because while I was writing it last week I decided this was one of those stories where most people would hate the main character. Grieving or not - she's a bit of a turd. So perhaps I'm just not likable. I should find that depressing, but it somehow makes me happy. WTF? Anyway, I gave it to her so she could read it and get the skinny on stuff I don't want to talk about. That backfired. It brought up more stuff that she wants to talk about more, which made me just start bawling during my last session. I meet with her again tomorrow morning. So not looking forward to it. Perhaps she'll forget that she read it *crosses fingers*.

Continuing to write it had me kind of down over the past month or so – which didn’t help the dieting. I’m an emotional eater, so writing something that’s upsetting it counter productive at best. Couple that with all of my guests – and I have my work cut out for me! Haha. I’ve gotten to the point in it where I’m adding more fiction than fact so it’s not bad. I actually kind of like it – which is weird. I never like anything I write when I reread it. I guess there’s a first time for everything.

Have a good day all.
Old 08-07-2009, 11:58 AM   #27  

Leenie
Hope you have a wonderful day!!!!!

And a huge Hello to everyone else

have work today, going to be a hot one in there.

marbear, thanks. Good luck with the therapist tomorrow. I just started seeing a counselor and I don't really like it when she picks up on certain things and starts digging.

mom, Hope, Sassy, oogie are you doing alright?

Should start getting read. Hope you all have a wonderful Friday!

Take care,
K
Old 08-07-2009, 03:20 PM   #28  
Starting Again

Happy Birthday Leenie!!
Old 08-07-2009, 03:57 PM   #29  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Raven WONDERFUL !!!

Thank you chickies... like my dear friend jiffy says... 25 again