Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 12:30 AM   #1  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Talking Weekly Chick Chat -- August 25th - 31st

Last Week of August!!! Man this month has went FAST!

Here is the last message on the last thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarie2pt0 View Post
Hang gangady-gang! Sassy, you still on?

I ventured out into my new world today,and ended up finding all kinds of stuff - but it cost $$. Ah well, if I do one thing in life really well its spend money.

Spoz - I'm sorry to hear about your grand-da. And, also sorry for your dad that he died before your dad was able to come to peace with him. My granda died without me getting to say goodbye, but in my case it was because I was too tied up in m own stuff, and I didn't really believe he would die. But, after several years of really hard time feeling bad about that i've come to realize that I loved him, and most importantly he knew it. And you never really lose anyone, you just have to change your way of talking to them. But like I said, thats about 16 years in the making.

Sassy - OMG - hearing your hubby was out in the storm on his cycle really scared me! Thats one of the (many) reasons I never ended up learning to ride one. I really wanted to for a while. Glad he's ok!

Raven - Wow, I was just hinking about calling my doc and talking about moving my pxac dosage back down. I needed the upped dosage for a while, but I'm kinda getting tired of not feeling anything. I've recently gone through several transitions that I know would have been major meltdown makers without the pzac,and it hasn't even phased me. I don't want to complain, but that doesn't really strike me as kosher, ya know?

Well, anyway, I really need to start getting out there in this new city or I'll start talking to myself. Eek - the only times I talked today were to my phone and at checkout counters, not good. Tomorrow I'm gonna ride my bike to campus and go get my keys to my office and maybe see if I can start using the gym on campus. That would be sweet. Anyway, don't midthe crazy girl talking to herself... See yas next week? (and by that I mean tomorrow)

Amarie -- Yeah it scared me too when I heard all the thunder and I knew he was possibly out in it. But I know he knows what he is doing and knows when to pull off when its too bad. But yes I was glad that he made home safely. Being in a new city can be fun, so I hope you do some exploring and meet some new peeps.

Have a Great Week All!
Old 08-25-2008, 12:35 AM   #2  
Just keep moving ...

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: Just short enough (aka 5'4")

Sassy-frass! you are still on! Happy Mon (still Sun for us West-coasters) to ya!

Happy Monday everyone. I have a sneaking suspision this week is gonna rock! OK, so its up to us to make that happen! Ready... Go!
Old 08-25-2008, 01:29 AM   #3  
~Believe~

Talking Oh Amarieeeeee..........lol

Ok Amarie, what have you been drinking and can I have some??? Nah your right, we can make this week awesome!

I am happy because this is my short week (Only 3 nights this week = 34.5 hrs!!) Also because this month is almost over and its now less than a month away for my vacation!!

So Rock On Everybody!!!
Old 08-25-2008, 01:45 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 167/148.2/144

Height: 5'8"

Oh vacations are what I live for! Mine is only five days away now, and I have almost an entire month off!!!
Old 08-25-2008, 01:54 AM   #5  
~Believe~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverstar33 View Post
Oh vacations are what I live for! Mine is only five days away now, and I have almost an entire month off!!!

UGH an entire month.......man I'd never wanna go back after that!!! lol. Any plans??
Old 08-25-2008, 09:56 AM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning Chickies

Last week of August...wow school starts next week here in NJ, time just flys.

Hope everyone has a blessed week

Leenie
Old 08-25-2008, 11:15 PM   #7  
~Believe~

Wink Hello

Hi Leenie! Hi Everybody!

It was a totally beautiful night coming into work.......Had the windows down in the car, and the sky was so pretty, it was ashame I had to go to work........ But oh well, only one more night -- after tonight is done..........and then 4 nights off......Yippee............. I just love my short weeks! Then next week is extra $$ with Labor day + my long week. CHA-CHING!

I hope you all are doing well!!!

Old 08-26-2008, 12:43 PM   #8  
Just keep moving ...

Hi everyone - I had a pretty good day yesterday, rode my bike to school. Boy did that wipe me out! Time to start getting back into a wkout regimen. gtta run - see ya's later.
Old 08-26-2008, 01:28 PM   #9  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 196/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Hey Girlies!

I am getting ready to leave for...WORK!!! bounce bounce!!!! Actually, working interview...but hey...it is at least one day of work... with the puppies...did I mention that!!!! I am so excited! Everyone have a great day!!!

Luv luv Everybody!

Raven
Old 08-26-2008, 02:14 PM   #10  
Just keep moving ...

raven! yay puppies!

So, I am at school, which is actually my version of work right now So I can't stay long - but I just wanted to report that I got my bike ride in to campus in this am and restarted journalling too. Time to get my head (and the rest of me) back in order.
Old 08-26-2008, 03:02 PM   #11  
stand-up philosopher

S/C/G: 276/260/???

Height: 5'7"

Talking school starts this week

Hello! My first chickchat post!

School is starting this week and i'm very excited. I'm in a Dallas Community College, looking to get credits that will transfer into a bachelors in early childhood education.

I injured my knee this summer, so I can't walk to school every day like I did last year. I've got two online classes and two night classes. So far I'm most excited about Music Appreciation. Our professor is a hoot and my classmates are fun too.

I'm a little concerned about taking one of my teaching preparation courses online. They tend to be very involved and I had difficulty with a professor last time I tried it. I really can't afford college on my own, so my grades are important. After I transfer the difference between a 3.9something and a 4.0 could be $1000 in scholarship money and every bit counts.

No, I don't usually aim for perfection, just the closest I can get to it.

Anyway I'll be keeping an eye on this thread - happy back to school, everybody (who's going or sending someone back to school)!

Tera
Old 08-26-2008, 08:34 PM   #12  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Hi all,

Welcome to all the newbies! I'm making dinner and waiting for df to get home. I worked at a different store today b/c one of their employees died at 22 of cancer and many of them wanted to attend the funeral. I didn't mind at all but it was nice to get back to my store.

I thought I had to go in at 9am but luckily I looked because it's actually 6am.

Oh, gotta run... Hugs to everybody.
Old 08-26-2008, 09:43 PM   #13  
~Believe~

Cool Hello

Hi All.

Well TG its MY friday! YAY!

Amarie -- WTG on the to school!

Hello and to our thread, Tera!

Hi Hope -- that is very sad, very very young indeed, that was sweet of you to work for them.

Not much to say...............I am just glad that its my last night here. I am so ready to have 4 nights off!

Have a Great One!
Old 08-27-2008, 07:07 AM   #14  

S/C/G: H178/S170/140/135

Height: 5'3"

Good morning and good week everyone!! Back to work for me yesterday after summer break... I can't believe school is starting and summer is nearly over again I love summer.

Hope everyone has a fantastic week!!!
Old 08-27-2008, 08:45 AM   #15  
stand-up philosopher

S/C/G: 276/260/???

Height: 5'7"

I think we're all a little surprised at how quickly the year goes these days. My aunt tells me it slows down again when you retire, but I don't think I'm likely to retire ever, so I guess I'd better get used to it.

Raven: Congrats! What puppies?

Hope: That's really sad about the funeral. A death like that can really shake up the work place. It was very kind of you to step up like that!

Sassy & Hope: Thank you so much for the happy welcome!

JudoMom: You have summer break at work? Do you work in Education? My major is Early Childhood Education.

I will check in later! (So don't say I didn't warn ya!)
Tera
Closed Thread