Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 03:27 PM   #31  
stand-up philosopher

S/C/G: 276/260/???

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddly View Post
...Tera welcome, I look forward to getting to know you. As you already know this is a great little corner and wonderful ladies in here....
Thanks, K! I'm really glad that I found this place!
Old 08-29-2008, 11:32 PM   #32  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Hi girls,

I just wanted to say have a great weekend. We are leaving early in the morning to see my mom. I won't be back till Monday night.

Welcome back Buddly! Glad you had fun. I can't believe how different our weather is.

Old 08-30-2008, 04:06 AM   #33  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Wink Hi Ladies

Hi Ladies.

Well we survived the Outlet Mall. It started out as a very very nice and cool day when we left in the morning. Once we got to the outlet mall, it was like someone turned the heat up about 20 degrees!!!

We had a great day though and it was just what I needed, kinda what the dr. would have ordered if I had gone to one! We walked all the way through the whole thing, I only sat down twice and the 2nd time was only for a couple min. We didn't even shop that much, we had a few shops in mind that we wanted to go too and that was it, but we walked all the way through it anyways and I am proud of me. Not only for walking all the way through it and in the HEAT, but because I didn't even let those negative thoughts come to my mind about how I looked, how people were looking at me, NONE of it! For once I just was in the moment with my DH, enjoying myself and you know what? It felt GREAT! And I know we passed lots of skinny little model wannabes and I didn't think any negative thoughts at all! NONE! ZERO! Can u FREAKING believe it!!!!???

It just was a major major "breakthrough" for me. All my life and I do mean ALL my life I have always let those negative thoughts crowd my mind, not letting enough room in for the positive ones! So I think this mentality is one to keep. I think I need a reminder of this great day so I do not forget. Only thing I bought there was some bath and body works and even in that store, the workers were not so friendly, but I didn't let it affect me at all, I just really and truly felt sorry for them, because I thought and yes this was ME thinking, "They must truly have a miserable life to be to miserable to everyone else." Yes I plan on emailing that store too. Because that is their job -- customer service and they should be reminded that its US, the consumers, who put their money into their pockets. I think of that thought everytime I am having a difficult time at my job. I just think, "Well this customer is providing my paycheck." Although I do not let anybody get away with un-necessary rudeness of course, because that is a big thing at our job, we are to be respectful to our customers and vice versa.

We bought DH a new suit for his interview and we got EVERYTHING (Jacket, Pants, Shirt, Tie, Socks, Shoes) + a pair of Crocs (they are a type of shoe) in HIS size (he was SO happy about that!) for just a little bit more than what the rude store wanted just their suit JACKET for! So we did good and the lady there was SO nice!

DH and I watched a very very hilarious movie (at least I thought so) "What Happens to Vegas" with Aston Kutcher and Cameron Diaz. It was so funny...........I just laughed and laughed and laughed.

Judo -- Glad your plan is going well for you. I do plan on emailling the people, including the bath and body works folks too.

Tera -- Thank You for all your kind words and support. I know why I don't share things or at least not everything and why I am so down on myself. It goes back to another group I was in a LONG time ago. I was a member for years and THOUGHT I had made really wonderful friends there. At the time DH had lost his job in NY and we moved back to OH in with his parents. So yes I had been going through a difficult time, so yes I did vent, but instead of them just telling me, "We know your going through a difficult time right now, but we're tired of hearing you whine" They one day just totally go off on me and then start talking about how much they hated me all along!!! Then when I left the group and joined a new one and was making new friends, they began stalking me. Finally they stopped or I just stopped caring........But it really left a "mark" on me. Now I always wonder about every single person I meet, whether in real life or online and I hate having those thoughts constantly in the back of my mind. But for once today, when we went to the Outlet Mall, those thoughts just left my head and it did feel good, so I do think it is time to let go of those feelings that I have been holding onto for so long.

As far as clothes -- I have shopped at the Avenue before, infact one of my old highschool friends used to be the assistant manager at one and back then I went in and did a complete wardrobe makeover, but I had her to help me. That was a long time ago too and we no longer are friends and she is no longer an assistant manager. I also used to love Lane Bryant. I would shop there at least every 3 months or so, even if it was to just get a pair of jeans. But now I just don't go there and we even passed a Lane Bryant at the Outlet mall yesterday. I just loathe shopping for myself.

Cold water creek I used to get a catalog for and I never saw anything in my size??? Maybe I am wrong there? And that was even back when I wasn't so big as I am now? Maybe they have changed???

So now I do most of my shopping "Online". And what I don't get online I get from Walmart and even then I have to force myself to look for something for myself. I used to love shopping, it was fun for me, now I despise it. Unless I am with my DH or my mom or something...........But I used to love to just even go to the stores and just look around by myself, now I don't.

I think it is because as I got larger and larger, I did not feel comfortable in shopping alone. Also I had a bad experience at a store, it was late at night and I was shopping, not alone, but DH was off looking at something else. There was these young guys who actually worked at the store and they began making fun of me, yelling out nasty names and all. I was totally humiliated. I never told my DH until we were in the car and then he got out and went in to complain to the store manager about it. So that could explain a lot too. But I know I can't let those stupid people keep me from doing things anymore. I have a right to go out and have a good time and if people have a problem with me, then they do not have to look at me! Just because I am big does not mean that I don't want to get out and live life. Infact isn't that the whole purpose in losing weight? Is to get yourself out there so you can lose weight and feel good about yourself? So why be mean and nasty to people? I would if anything encourage them, give them a smile, a smile will go a long way.

Anyways....................long winded there, but I so feel so much more like "myself" than I have in a LONG time, infact I am watching VH1 classics and they are playing 80's songs and if my back was not acting up, I think I would even get up and begin dancing! Yes I used to love dancing. I just did it in my room or with friends, but I think that was another thing that kept my weight down, because I was always moving. So maybe I should do that again.................

Well Thanks Everybody. You all are wonderful people. Also a song came on that I think describes what this forum is all about, "Lean on Me" by Club Nouveau. If you want to hear the song, go here: Lean on Me But it truly is how I feel about 3FC's.

Old 08-30-2008, 08:51 AM   #34  
stand-up philosopher

S/C/G: 276/260/???

Height: 5'7"

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy_Chick View Post
... For once I just was in the moment with my DH, enjoying myself and you know what? It felt GREAT!
*dancing in my seat to the Club Nouveau vid*

I'm so glad you had a fun day! You were overdue!

Quote:
... I think it is because as I got larger and larger, I did not feel comfortable in shopping alone. Also I had a bad experience at a store, it was late at night and I was shopping, not alone, but DH was off looking at something else. There was these young guys who actually worked at the store and they began making fun of me, yelling out nasty names and all. I was totally humiliated. I never told my DH until we were in the car and then he got out and went in to complain to the store manager about it. So that could explain a lot too. But I know I can't let those stupid people keep me from doing things anymore. I have a right to go out and have a good time and if people have a problem with me, then they do not have to look at me! Just because I am big does not mean that I don't want to get out and live life. Infact isn't that the whole purpose in losing weight? Is to get yourself out there so you can lose weight and feel good about yourself? So why be mean and nasty to people? I would if anything encourage them, give them a smile, a smile will go a long way.
Amen, Sister! Just don't forget that people like those young "men" (their behavior makes them sound more like 6 year olds) need to know that what they are doing is inappropriate. We need to stand up for ourselves! Part of loving and caring for ourselves is defending our feelings and being assertive!

Once upon a time, I would have cut and run from a situation like that. Today, though, I'd get the manager involved.

Quote:

Anyways....................long winded there, but I so feel so much more like "myself" than I have in a LONG time, infact I am watching VH1 classics and they are playing 80's songs and if my back was not acting up, I think I would even get up and begin dancing! Yes I used to love dancing. I just did it in my room or with friends, but I think that was another thing that kept my weight down, because I was always moving. So maybe I should do that again.................
Oh, how I love the feeling I get from dancing to a happy tune! It's one of my motivations for losing weight, in fact. At my size and with my knees it is not safe for me to dance much. I could probably two step, but no bouncing.

Well, in summary, I gotta say YAY! Go Sassy!!

Tera
Old 08-31-2008, 10:01 PM   #35  
~Believe~

Hi All.

Tera, Thanks. Well tonight I am just sooooooo tired and just wanna go home and climb back into bed............ I'll be glad once this week is over and done with. I have been "psyching" myself out for this week since I will be training my new coworker, she starts tomorrow night. Once this week is done I think I'll be fine...............It was nice to enjoy my nights off...........*sigh* now its back to the "real world" (work)

UGH Ya'all I am just soooooooooooooo sleepy....... I just cannot "wake up" tonight Just so so sleepyyyyyy
Old 09-01-2008, 02:32 AM   #36  

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone!
Boy its been quiet in here, I guess everyone is having a busy long weekend. We haven't been up to much since getting home. Not really looking forward to school starting, but I think a routine will be nice. DdA starts at the university on Tues and DdC starts grade 11 on Wed, first time ever we aren't starting the Tues after labour day. I was suppose to go to work tomorrow, but DdA says I'm not on the schedule, so I guess I go back on Thurs, which suits me fine. DdA has to work, but doesn't start until 3pm. So at least she can sleep in a bit. I was extremely happy this morning when I stepped on the scale, it finally moved in the right direction Not much, but I expected to be right back up again, so this was a big surprise.
Anyway I should go to bed, I just wanted to pop in and say Hi!
Take care all,
K
Old 09-01-2008, 03:42 AM   #37  
~Believe~

Talking

This thread is now closed. Pls go to the Sept. 1st - 7th Thread.
Closed Thread