Old 11-09-2005, 09:55 AM   #91  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Morning chicas!

Well, yesterday was not quite so fabulous. Water was good, but I only made my goal if you count the diet soda I drank (20 oz was caffeine-free, so that counts, right?). Food... too much. Pizza for dinner. 3 slices, and I wanted more. Exercise, none was planned except for bowling, but I did do a few minutes of Dance Dance Revolution with my brother's gf and managed to work up a sweat. But the rest of the day went exactly as planned.

Today isn't starting off on a great note. I got into it with my mom again this morning. Scale says 216.2, which is down from yesterday, so it's good, especially since after the pizza I expected it to be up. But I had a healthy breakfast, and my packed lunch and snacks are good. And I didn't bring a soda to have with lunch, because that always seriously cuts into my water consumption. Dinner... Mom says she's making spareribs, soup beans, and cornbread. Spareribs aren't exactly healthy, I don't eat soup beans, and I have a weakness for cornbread (smothered in butter, of course). I think I'll fix some succotash, have a small piece of meat, attempt to limit my cornbread, and use some Smart Balance Light spread. That's about all I can do.

Tonight I will do my Physical Challenge on Y!F, plus a 45-minute workout. I really hope something has improved on my physical stats, and I guess I'll see.

Exercise Challenge: I'll post our final totals in a separate post. It doesn't look like we made it, chicks. Well, we'll just have to try again next week! I'm going to give us a bit of time to planning and preparation this time. Let's start on Monday, ok? Can everyone have some a goal in by Monday? I think that's reasonable. The challenge can run Monday Nov 14-Sunday Nov 20. Sound good?

In other news, I did really well at bowling last night. It was the first time ever I broke 100 on all three games. I know that still isn't great, but it means I'm improving.
Steve finally got his work schedule, and he's going to be working 3rd shift. That means we're not going to have any time together anymore.
BUT! It also means that I'm going to have to start preparing meals in advance so that we will both be able to eat decent meals. And preparing meals in advance means that I have to put forth a conscious effort, which means that there's a much better chance the meals will be healthier. Granted, this is still going to be SOOO much easier when we get our house, but I'm going to make an attempt now.

I get paid tomorrow, so I'm going to take some time today to plan meals and write out a shopping list. A few things I'm going to put on the list: grilled salmon, cobb salad, dilled chicken, carrot dill soup, Asian barbequed chicken, taco salad. I'll find other things to fix too. Don't know what yet, but I'll figure it out. I need to see what I still have in my freezer from my last grocery shopping venture, because I know I didn't use all of it.

Anyway, I need to get to work. Have a wonderful day, chicks!

~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 09:56 AM   #92  
Bound and Determined

Exercise Challenge Minutes: Actual/Goal

Elisha 150/180
Joy 35/420
MsRD 180/240
Julie 105/160
Rosie 41/140

Total 511/1140
Old 11-09-2005, 09:59 AM   #93  
Bound and Determined

Oh, I forgot to answer my QotD!

Do I have rewards planned? YES! First and foremost, a new wardrobe! Also, one of those right-hand rings they advertise all the time. I plan to get it in a size that's a little tight on me, just to remind me not to gain any more weight. And along the way I have mini-rewards that include things like manicures/pedicures, haircuts, new clothes/shoes/handbags/makeup, a massage, a facial, new CDs or books, etc. Lots of little stuff to keep me motivated (theoretically, at least).
Old 11-09-2005, 10:19 AM   #94  
Ima bundle *' emotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_elisha
Do you have any rewards planned when you reach your goal weight, or even along the way? If so, what are they? Any special reason behind them, or just something fun?

I want to get a tattoo or two when I get goal. I'm thinking a butterfly sitting on a peach. And maybe a cross with wings that have my grandmother's name and her passing date. I'd put it somewhere not noticeable...after all I'm a professional

As far as goals, along the way, I'd like to learn how to put on makeup and acquire a new sense of style. I've gotten used to wearing whatever's loose and non-constricting aside from the occasional cute pieces.

Hmm reasons.... well both the tattoos would mean something. Butterfly for the feeling of freedom and finding beauty of the inside...the peach because of a support group i'm in by that name. the cross for my religion with the wings and my grandmother's name b/c she died in 2001 and she was a major aspect of my life. As far as the makeup and clothes...well i dont really take care of myself and i need to know how.

Rosie
Extrinsic Rapture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 11:25 AM   #95  
Oddball

S/C/G: 185/157.4/135

Been busy the last couple days!

Exercise has been good for the most part. Yesterday I almost didn't wake up in time. I didn't have time to do my DVD, but I just repeated some of the movements I'd memorized for about 20 minutes. I'm 3 for 3 so far this week.

So far so good on the 4 servings of fruit a day. It's funny how small a serving can actually be. I cut it quite close last night on the 9:00 curfew, but I made it.

I need to find some kind of non-food positive reinforcement for getting up in the morning without using snooze on my alarm. I just can't seem to get up right away, and don't have the motivation to try harder yet.

QOTD:

I used to have a fund where I saved money to buy a digital camera when I reached my ideal weight. I stopped it for two reasons. Firstly, money got really tight recently, and it had to become my Christmas gift money. Secondly, I look at a reward as something you get when you finish something. Even when I reach my ideal weight, I won't be "finished" dieting. Lifelong maintenance is part of the package.

Rosie-- I like tattoos when they are special and mean something like that. Hopefully you'll be sporting them soon!

Elisha-- Tweaking your mom's dinner like that is the best you can do. As long as you know ahead of time, you can plan ahead and around meals like that. 'Twill work out just fine, just you wait and see!

TBJ-- Hope your hubby feels better soon! What a sweet puppy dog!

Oy! Break's over. Back to work...
Betani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 12:38 PM   #96  

HEY EVERYONE!! I know I'm starting late.. and I never did finish the previous challenge.. but it's time for me to take responsibity for my actions.. and do something about them! I'm back up to 200lbs!!! Can you belive it?? I promised myself I'd never be back to this weight.. but here I am! I can't believe I sabatoged myself like I have.. I totally let emotionally eating take control of life. BUt, I'm back now and that's all that matters to me know.. I have to get back on plan and start eating right again, drink lots of water, exercising, posting everyday again, I just have to change this. My goal for this challenge is going to be:

-loss 5lbs.
-drink 50 oz. of water a day (since I'm not drinking any currently)
-exercise 4 times a week
-Weight training 2 times a week
-Eat out only ONCE a week

Q.O.T.D.

My reward is, of course, going to be my wedding dress. The meaning behind this, other than the obvious, is I never went to any proms or homecomings or any school dance in that matter, because I never had a date.. and I never felt that I deserved to buy a gorgous dress in a size 20, I felt ugly and had no confindence in myself. But I refuse to feel that way for my wedding.. I wont. I will loss this weight to get that dress I dream of and feel like a princess in!

Have a nice day Chickies.. I'll b back tomorrow.. that's a promise, no more quiting!
-Jessica
StarAngel2528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 01:42 PM   #97  
I like jewelry.

Height: 5'7"

My reward is always new clothes. Everytime I can afford it, I buy something that is just a little smaller than what I wore before. I feel prettier with new clothes, plus they are a good way to remind me not to treat my body badly.

Hi Jessica! You will look lovely in your wedding gown. Try on lots of poofy dresses, because hardly anyone wears poofy dresses any more, and twirl around in front of a mirror.

Betani -- Think to yourself, how good can the extra sleep be if you know in the back of your mind that the alarm will sound again soon? Back when I was working early mornings, I woke up fifteen minutes early so that I could spend five minutes soaking in the tub. The alone time, which I used to calm down before a hectic day, made it worth rising out of bed earlier.

Rosie -- Ooo, tattoos! Tattoos are a lot like weight loss. When we get tattoos, we are making our bodies into what we want them to be, just like when we lose weight. Our tattoos make us into "who we really are," just like weight loss makes us "who we really are." I look at my tattoos and think, "Yep, that's me," just like I look at my body as it loses fat and think, "Yep, that's looking more and more like me."

Elisha -- Jewelry! What a nice reminder that right hand ring will be. To keep a promise you made to yourself.

Julie -- Lightning is so pretty! And snow is so much work!

MsRD -- Oh, OK, if you insist, I'll count all the shopping for housewares as exercise. Guess that means I'll have to go do more...

Birdiegirl -- Howdy. I hear you on the doctor's scale issue. It's hard to maintain weight loss. Hey, you're here now.

Bethe -- Hi there! A lot of people find that counting calories works for them. Wishing you good luck on starting your program.

OK, I know there are more people here... will have to catch up with you all next time.

My exercise goal 11-14 to 11-20 is 140 minutes.

We can do this! Seriously, people! Pick a moderate goal and just do it!!!
TBJ333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 01:47 PM   #98  
Bound and Determined

Quick note!

Welcome back Jessica! Good to see you again, neighbor!

Good news, chicks! We FINALLY heard back on our offer on the house. They made us a very reasonable counter-offer, along with a clause saying that if the estate settles for less than we're paying, they'll reimburse us the difference. We're going in tomorrow night to sign more papers. YAY! Progress!

OK, gotta run, duty calls. Have a good one, chicks!
~Elisha
Old 11-09-2005, 07:27 PM   #99  

Hello All!

The good news is that I am beginning to feel better......the bad news is I am getting my appetite back......WHO PUT THOSE M&M'S IN HERE?

Julie......Snow? Stop wishing for snow......sheesh! I never understood why my ancestors were so barbaric as to settle in Michigan....when there are any number of warmer climates to pick from. (sigh) Actually, this is probably as far as they got and then ran out of money and had to stay...

Rosie....wish I could follow your lead in keeping the calories down! It is soooo hard for me!

TBJ.....We have a husky too! Aren't they wonderful dogs.....mine is like my shadow when I am home....and loves to 'talk' too! Hope your hubby is feeling better.....if the junk food helped him get well, I may try it .....JUST JOKING!

Elisha.....Mmmmm, your weeks menus sounds delicous! Great news on the house.....tell me when I can uncross my fingers, k? Put me down for 240 exercise minutes....this time I am going to do it!

Betani....Wow! Every goal you set you accomplish! I am so impressed! As for getting out of bed in the AM......I set my alarm 5-10 minutes early and then spend that time just stretching in bed and waking up easy.

Jessica.....Welcome back! We have missed you! A wedding dress is a great goal.....you are going to be a beautiful bride!

QOTD: Hmmm......I have never set any goal rewards for myself. Buying new clothes will be a necessity when I reach goal, although the shopping part will be fun....and it would be nice to look good in a bathing suit again. Guess I will just have to think on this one awhile....
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 09:30 PM   #100  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Wednesday

OK...I was just about finished with a very long post (you have now been spared) and I hit something on the computer, I guess...and poof! It disappeard. So here's the lowdown....

Busy day...again! We are buying a new car (van...loaded...used), Parent Teacher conferences after work, DD had 1/2 days so that was crazy trying to get her from school and get back to work...

Food: Bfast & LUnch were good. No goodies/sugar-ladened treats today! Supper...Out for Chinese but ate veggies, seafood and other assorted stuff I shouldn't have...too much salt!

Water: Good. 80 oz today!

Exercise: 25 minutes again today on the bike! Yea! My body is beginning to get more efficient and I am having to work harder to accomplish same heart rate! This is a good thing

Question of the day:
I would like to have the hair on my upper legs permanently removed so I can really enjoy wearing a bathing suit/shorts in the summer and to a pool without having to shave every time! That's what I am going to do when I reach 130...with DH's blessings! Clothes are also a must when losing weight. When I get down to 165 (now at 177 or so...) I am going shopping again...until then, I am going to have to put up with what I have in my closet! UGH! Better get cracking, eh?

Comments:

TBJ & MsRD...I LOVE snow in November, December & January. After that it can go! I love Michigan and the change of seasons! Sorry you two

Elisha...Great news on the house! Keep up the exercise...don't worry about that stupid scale!

Jessica...Welcome back and start drinking that water!

Betani...I know what you mean about the serving size...especially fruit! You are kicking butt! You go girl!

Rosie...I like tatoos on other people. I do want one too...a ladybug on my big (hairy) toe.
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 11:00 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 257/252/150

Talking I'm still here ....

Hi chickies.... had a busy week ... missed you all

I did get up early on Mon & Tues to work out for 30 minutes and went for one 20 minute walk at work ... so put my lowly weekly total at 115/420.

I've been doing great with eating until after dinner ... then look out (definately NOT exagerating). Gotta get SERIOUS about my journaling, staying within 1400 calories and not eating after dinner.

Julie I hear you about being busy ... and I don't have a child to deal with. Good luck on the new (to you) van. WTG on the ... keep up the good work ... and you'll have to work harder ... and you'll want to.... and you'll have to work longer that's the kind of "endless cycle" that's good for you (pun intended)

MsRd So glad you're feeling better. Nothing like a couple of m&m's to bring on the appetite. Will I see you with Lesley tomorrow morning?

Elisha Great news on the house. Too bad about Steve's shift, I've had to live through that ... makes you cherish the times you DO have together ... remember to schedule all that house work and mundain stuff (for both of you) to do when you're not together.

TBJ Thanks for the reminder about setting a "moderate" goal... were you thinking about me? I have a tatoo ... it really is a personal experience. I got mine (a habiscus lei around my right ankle) when DH & I were in Maui five years ago ... it was (and is) about so much more than body art. It's about empowering myself, but also about it being okay to be me and feeling free do what I want (at 44 years of age) and not worring about saying what I want and doing what I want to do without having to feel like I need permission or please my MOM and/or my DH. It was about the freedom to be me... it still is. I'd love to have more ... they say they are addictive ... I believe it. It would be great to get one to celebrate allowing myself to loose this weight ... because it really is a choice.

Jessica Welcome home .... did I tell you my DD is getting married this summer? I have fitting into an awesome sexy mother of bride dress as a goal. When's your date again? Maybe we can partner up on this wedding challenge?

Betani I find the getting up early just has to get to be a habit for you. Do you keep an exercise log book / log sheet and plan what you will "tick off" or how many calories you will burn for the day or week etc.? Sometimes that's a motivator ... and if the only time you can get it done is in the morning ... then you'll do it.

Rosie Hang in there Keep up the good work. I like you're way of keeping focus....

Back to finish comments tomorrow.... my eyes are drooping... and I still have studying to do.

Hugs to all
JoyG56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 11:24 PM   #102  
Ima bundle *' emotion

Well I was about two hundred over the high range of my caloric intake today. Mostly because I had two cans of regular soda. Shame on me! But I did get in 15 minutes of pilates tonight. So that's what? 56/140 for my exercise goals. Still doing the job searching...mostly late at night. As my grandfather complains about me taking up his phone line during the day...if only someone would pay for dsl Oh well...more tomorrow!

Rosie
Extrinsic Rapture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 10:30 AM   #103  
Bound and Determined

Red face Weight Loss Haiku

Here are a few haiku about losing weight. I found them a while back on another thread. The first and last are my contributions. Feel free to add your own. Come on, try it! It'll be fun! (5-7-5 is the scheme)

Once upon a time
There was a site, 3FC
Where chicks all lost weight.

Fighting the fat war
Winning only when losing
Weapon? Exercise!

Another plateau?
Where's the freakin' tape measure?
Scale's in the garbage.

Stupid excess weight.
I’m determined to get thin.
I hate being fat.

From Betani:
Eating lots of fruits
Waking up for exercise
Goals are A-OK

Monotony calls
Boredom chokes motivation
Must stay on wagon!

Last edited by miss_elisha; 11-10-2005 at 12:48 PM. Reason: added Betani's Haiku
Old 11-10-2005, 10:57 AM   #104  
Bound and Determined

Morning chickies!

Well, I'm in a good mood today. Yippee! Yesterday was a good day. Water was good, food was good (calories came in at 1502--I'm really not too broken up about being 2 whole calories over my limit ), and I got in my Physical Challenge and a 30 minute workout. I was planning to do 45, but the PC took a while and kind of pushed me to the limit, then I did the workout, and it totally kicked my butt! I have never done so many jumping jacks in my life! But I did make progress, so that is good. I did twice as many pushups, more crunches, and I went longer on my jumping jacks and my heart rate was lower. And this morning, the scale is down to 215.8, so that's good. Breakfast, lunch, and snacks are all good, dinner will finally be that turkey sandwich at Subway.

Tonight will be some grocery shopping, some exercise, some sleep. Tomorrow the scale will be down more, food will be good, water will be good, exercise will be good. I'm doing good.

I'm sorry, I really intended to post comments today, but I have no concentration whatsoever, so my comments would make no sense. I think it's time for Friday to be here. I'm try to make it back this afternoon, unless I get hit with a bunch more junk at work (which seems to be the pattern this week).

I hope you're all having a wonderful day!
~Elisha
Old 11-10-2005, 12:19 PM   #105  
Oddball

S/C/G: 185/157.4/135

Eating lots of fruits
Waking up for exercise
Goals are A-OK

Monotony calls
Boredom chokes motivation
Must stay on wagon!

Ok, it's not really that bad, but it has happened before. I get gung ho about new routines, but they become drudgery and I drop them. I don't want that to happen again! I only have one practical exercise DVD right now, and I don't have the money to buy any more. I've got some on my Christmas wish list, but I'm worried about holding out that long. The library's selection isn't working for me, because I have very limited space in which to exercise, and every video I've checked out requires more than I have. Perhaps I'm just coming down with something. Cold season has started by now, hasn't it? Either way, I could use some good vibes.

Elisha-- Glad you're doing so well! I love the haikus...

Rosie-- It baffles me just how many calories are in drinks like that. I can't bring myself to drink regular anymore, even though I would have gagged at the idea of diet not many years ago.

Joy-- I've tried exercise logs, but I have trouble keeping up with them. I joined the 3FC Presidential Challenge and I log that way, but it doesn't seem to be the trick to not snoozing, since I still have just enough time to get in my workout. It's that "just enough" that I want to change, but haven't figured out how yet.

Hikein--Sorry that the computer ate your post. I've had that happen way too many times. I find myself highlighting and copying every few minutes just in case.

MsRD-- Don't be too impressed with me. My goals are pretty piddly all things considered, otherwise I'd never accomplish anything. If I could limit myself to just 5 minutes after the alarm went off, I'd be ok with that. Sometimes I get so bad that I'm still snoozing 20 minutes after the alarm. It's not that I'm rushed, I'm just not happy with having "just enough" time.

TBJ-- I'd love to soak in the tub first thing, but mine takes forever and a day to fill. I take a bubble bath every night, but I like the idea of being able to do something relaxing first thing, too.

Jessica-- Welcome back! I changed to eating out only once a week, and it has made a big difference. I plan out the dinner menu for the week, and set aside Wednesdays as our eat out night.
Betani is offline   Reply With Quote