Old 11-26-2005, 10:48 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 154/144/135

Height: 5'5"

Default Walking Challenge

I want to offer a walking Challenge to anyone who is interested. I have no idea whether or not this idea will interest anyone, but I thought I would throw it out there and see what happens. If no one has any interest I will delete it.

Slightly over a month ago I had back surgery and I am supposed to do a daily walk each day as part of my recovery. These last couple of weeks, since I headed back to school (work,I'm a teacher) I've not been doing the daily exercise like I should, nor have I been getting my daily walks in. So here's what I was thinking... to inspire me and hopefully inspire others to keep moving this time of year.

I am going to set a mileage goal starting tomorrow and ending December 24th. We can log how much we walk each day and the pace (i.e how fast we accomplish each mile or km). At the end the people who manages to walk the most (without missing a day) and/or meets their goal will get an online reward example "confetti" party or if anyone can come up with a better idea I'm open to suggestions. One of the other groups I was involved in a LONG time ago...motivated people to do this. I'd like at some point to see a challenge where we divide up into teams and try to outdo each other with something like this, but why not do so individually at first.

So with all of that long ramble out of the way, my goal for this challenge will be to walk 70 miles by December 24th and to do 840 minutes of exercise in addition to the walking.
Lobacal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 04:02 PM   #2  

Wow that sounds like alot of walking if you're revoring from surgery. Hope it goes well. I'm up for a walking challenge but I dont have a pedometer at moment. Maybe I can do minutes?

Anyway best of luck with your goals
Forestdawn is offline   Reply With Quote