Old 11-07-2004, 10:38 PM   #76  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Evening chicks!

Welcome bluekat and Jan! As everyone else has said, the more the merrier! Hopefully we can help inspire and motivate each other.

Well, let's see.... no exercise today. Water was good. Calories are at 1223, but I might have a small bite of chocolate since I'm craving it. Hmm... I've got a really bad habit of giving in to my cravings, don't I? As long as I can limit it to just a bite, I have no problem with it. If it gets to be more than a bite, someone tazer me!

Steve stayed longer than expected this evening, thereby cutting into my exercise time. I'm not blaming him though. And we had a pretty good conversation, so that is good.

I only got in about a mile (1.07, to be exact), but I wasn't wearing my pedometer for most of the day. Oh well. I'm doing pretty good for the month anyway. And since I work retail, it's only going to get busier for me from now until January.

Ok, now calories are at 1294, because I had a "fun-size" 3 Musketeers. What's fun about getting less candy? *sigh*

Ugh... I need to lay off the carbs for a few days. Eating carbs leads to eating more carbs, and I would venture to say that that is a proven fact, no matter what type of diet you're on. At least it is for me.

Ok, now I'm rambling. I'll be back in the morning. Have a good night, chicks.
~Elisha

Last edited by miss_elisha; 11-07-2004 at 10:40 PM. Reason: Typo City!
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 11:24 PM   #77  
Pending Email Confirmation

Thumbs up

Hi all

Welcome Bluekat, what kind of program are your following? Do you have some specific goals? We're here to help.

Okay, Elisha - tazer ready.... I feel like a kid coming home from school and saying my teacher said..... But, when I was with the nutritionist I asked her specifically about "binging and the like, and how to stop" she told me that I need to cut carbs out totally for a few days and then gradually introduce them back into my diet and monitor the effect that each has on you and how much you can have before carbing-out.

Hikein - The bread I use is from a local bakery named Silver Hills in Abbotsford, British Columbia. I don't know how far they ship, but the process of making bread from sprouted grain is not new, probably if you checked at a health store they could tell you where to find it. I have heard that its highly recommended for people with diabetes because it does not have any flour in it. I've heard about Flylady.com -- I'm going to go there after I;ve finished my journalling tonight.

Jan - I'm going to try fitday.com again... and maybe that other one you mentioned, I forget the name... I'll have to go back and look.

MsRD - I'm jealous.... I would love to be able to get away for a weekend. Sometimes we need to just live, a few days R&R never hurt anyone. It's nice to hear you have renewed your commitment.

I have been OP all week-end. Been on the low side of the water too, can't start now or I'll be up peeing all night. No exercise either.... today I helped hubby put an angel and lights on a 30' tree out in our field. It was 100 steps there (200') but I lost track of how many times I went back and forth Someone said cleaning the house and doing laundry is exercise too, but somewhat difficult to measure. Oh well, up at 5am tomorrow and to the gym. I'm going to try a plan I did before where you work up gradually to running for 30 minutes.... I'll see if my knees can take it or not, I seem to be okay with two minutes at a time.... but we'll see.

Anyway, everyone have a great monday and I'll check in tomorrow night.

Joy
squabb56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 06:42 AM   #78  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Morning ladies!

Motivation level: 7

Weigh-in today. I'm back down to 197! That's 2 pounds down! WOOHOO!

My metabolism is finally moving again. It's back up to around 1800 today. I don't know what all that was about. *shakes her head*

So I'm all registered for the GRE now. Wednesday, December 15, at 9am. Now that I have it scheduled I'm getting nervous. I mean, I know it's still over a month away, but it's important. I need to do well. I need to study *lots.*

Today, work, then visit the grandparents, then exercise sometime this evening. I can't wait until I have a regular schedule.

Also today, new Slendercises.

For now, shower, then breakfast.

Have a great day, chicks.
~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 08:22 AM   #79  

Joy and BlueKat, WELCOME!!!

My name is Donna and I am following the Weight Watchers turnaround plan.

I've been sick ever since an appt. with my doctor last Thursday. Still feeling a little weak but feel much better than I did. I will post later.

Have a great OP day!
{{hugs}}
Donna
dlzbth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 09:18 AM   #80  
FullTime Domestic Goddess

Good morning Friends!!!! Hope your weekend was fantastic!!

Welcome Joy and Bluekat!!

Well.........the official weigh in reports that I am down 2.5. Somehow...with all that I've done this week...I thought it would be more. Yet, I am happy!! This Sunday morning, DH rolled over in bed and patted my tummy..and then he patted my ribs...He paused for a minute, and then said, "you are getting skinny!". And, you know what?? I'm no where near skinny...but- his comment thrilled me anyway!!! I calculated my BMI this weekend - I am classified as overweight. Big surprise? Nah. The thing is...to get into my normal range, I need to lose more than I had set my goal for...hmmmm.... And, then there was another calculator on this same website that lets you know how your BMI ranks nationally - and I am in the 50th percentile. Well, who knows how accurate that even is..still..is something to think about.

Feeling pretty good today! My arthritis is better - not as stiff and sore as I was.

I have comments, but they may need to wait until this evening!!! Have a great day everybody!
lisa girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 01:30 PM   #81  
LucyKitty

WOO! Hi everybody!

What a busy, stupid weekend! SO not long enough. I did find some awesomeness, however, and it has seriously boosted my personal feelings about ME!

Friday was nuts. Didn't have time to work out 'cause I had to clean the house up a little -- it was nasty -- and do the laundry AND i had half the time from a normal Friday because I had to drive myself to work after switching the car and all of this... so yeah. Food was ok though.

Saturday, hubby & I went shopping & got a lot done. Got a few little xmas presents for a couple of people, mom-in-law's b-day gift, and a couple pieces of jewelry I didn't have a chance to snag at work Friday 'cause it was BUSY BUSY BUSY! Then we went over to JC Penny, as they were having a very big sale, and got hubby 3 new shirts that he needed desperately for work. Not bad, big sale. Then we headed to Target, & I snagged myself two new shirts that I can wear to work or for fun. SOO cute! Then we headed up north to Fashion Bug, my fave store for jeans, and I FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! got two pairs of jeans!

Here's the best part.

They're both size 14. They're both slightly too big. WOOOOO!!!! I'm getting closer!

Last night for dinner we had some fajitas from scratch. Lots of super lean steak, barely cooked fresh veggies, and fat-free tortillas. My hubby was so sweet... he picked up the cans of fat-free veggie refried beans, AND fat-free tortillas. I didn't even say anything until we got home. I'm so used to him wanting to get the full-fat, high-calorie stuff, I didn't notice! I feel very lucky to have him at the moment!

I called the nutritionists' office this morning, left a message to schedule an appointment, hopefully for next week. Felt good just making the call, so yay for me!

I picked up some cod last night at the store, was planning on making fish & chips tonight. I really want to make some stew, though. It just sounds better at the moment. It'll be chicken based, but that's ok with me. I prefer chicken soup.

On the agenda today:

- Do my workout!!!
- Fix the rest of the clocks in this house to read the ACTUAL time.
- Get the storage closet on the porch cleaned out and put the boxes inside (since it's frozen hard a couple of times and the spiders are pretty well dead, I HOPE!)
- Organize my closet, as it is desperately needed.
- Pack up some more junk in the other bedroom, throw away garbage.
- Wash the windows... needs to be done!

By the by, did anybody else catch the northern lights last night??? BEAUTIFUL! Second time I've seen 'em, but awesome all the same. Weren't very bright 'cause we live in a city, but awesome all the same. Lots of blues and greens last night. Hubby took the dog for a walk around 11, and we went outside and shivered together and watched how awesome it was. There are supposed to be more occurences this week. If you want to see what I saw, our local news station komotv.com, has a picture or two posted from the area. PRETTY!

Well, I shall update more meaningfully later, chickies! Have an awesome day, and keep up the good work! WOO!
lameducklucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 02:48 PM   #82  
LucyKitty

Okay... I have to say it.

Every time I've worked out since my doc has upped the level from 12 min to 30 min, I start thinking around 16 minutes, I can't do this, I can't finish it.

And I push myself. And at around 20 minutes, I get a massive burst of energy and I power my way through the rest.

And it feels so good to be drenched in sweat, in places I didn't even know I could sweat from.

So when you're working out and you feel like you just can't finish, and it's just too hard, too much to do... remember that feeling, and remember how good it feels to feel so absolutely sticky and disgusting.

You chickies are awesome, and each and every one of us can do whatever we put our minds and bodies to!!
lameducklucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 06:07 PM   #83  

well I didn't do anything yesterday but today, I ran my 30 minutes and walked a little. I still want to go and finsh my walk tonight (atleast 30 more min). I haven't stepped on the scale yet but I may sometime this week.
gabwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 07:33 PM   #84  
A work in progress

Thanks for the welcome. I am not following any particular plan, but I know what works best for me. Cut back on the carbs, eat more meats, keep the fats to a moderation, eat a very light supper and exercise. I drink ice tea out the ying yang, so I started drinking more water today. Actually drank 2-20 oz bottles today.
Had to go to the VA today with dh, he had a test first thing this morning, so I wound up eating an egg biscuit at Hardee's (at least I skipped the usual biscuit and gravy), drank 1 cup of tea. Had Chicken nuggets from Chick-fila about 11 am with water. Dh ate the fries and coke. When I got home about 12:30 I had a tomatoe soup to go. Took a nap, ate a small piece of cube steak at 3 pm then ate a piece of celery with peanut butter at 5. Had 3 pieces (Bite size) of candy for desert. Had tea with the steak. Going back to water here shortly. I hope to get back to exercising tomorrow. The only thing I can seem to stick with is a step video with Jane Fonda. Thank goodness I have an 11 year old boy to play with. Going to see if he will play basketball with me on a daily basis. I am going to try to check in mornings and evenings. Right now I weigh 196 lbs and am 5'5". My goal is 135 lbs and to go from a size 14/16 (depending on the garment and they are tight). to a size 10/12 depending on the garment. I don't look good in anything smaller, my ribs show.
Oh how do you get the scale thing from TickerFactory to show up? Can't seem to do that.
SAT in south GA
bluekat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 09:06 PM   #85  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Monday!

OH my the feelings are exploding in my head today, so I think I'm gonna have to check in with that feelings thread, darn it!

Overall today was ok! I avoided sugar and candy altogether...I think! It was a busy day so had time only to think about the here and now and not what I "wanted"! LOL!

Food:
B-fast: 1 slice whole grain toast, 2 oz. deli turkey, coffee w/ low carb creamer, 1 SF/FF Latte
Lunch: Leftover Homemade Pot Pie (probably a bit high in sodium, but hey!!), cottage cheese & peaches, milk
No snack!!!
Supper: Burger on the grill, 1 slice cheese, 1 bun, salad w/ dressing (just a bit, but it wasn't lo cal)

Water, doing ok...probably around 70 oz. before all is said and done!

Exercise: Like I said, it was a busy day! No exercise. Got in around 9000 steps = 4.09 miles! I guess that's not too shabby! Would have liked more!

It looks like there is celebration on this group with weight loss this week! I'm proud of each of you!

Lisa...down another 2.5 lbs.! Yea you!

Gab...just 30 minutes!? You slay me!!! LOL!

Bluekat...Welcome...and to get the Ticker Factory scale to show up, copy and paste the URL (I use the first one) to your signature (you can find that under User CP). It's a great little thing, isn't it? HOpe we can help motivate and keep you motivated! This is a great place!

Lucy...way to go on the exercise, chickie! Glad you had some good things happening recently! And yes! The Northern Lights were somewhat bright here last night, but I'm going to try to catch them again tonight! I usually don't stay up too late, but maybe I'll catch a little nap ont he couch and wake up in time to see them!

((((((Donna)))))) Chickie!!! I hope you are feeling better real soon! Gosh, I wondered...You take care and have some chicken soup. What did the Dr. say was going on with you?

Elisha!!! Yea you!!!! Down past that dreaded 200!!! I'm happy that the metabolism has started to move! Tell me more about how to figure that all out! Can't ever know enough! I know my metabolism is very low...how do I get it moving? YOu did cut those calories just a bit, I wonder if that helped!

Joy...you are a wealth of information!! What does "carbing out" mean? Oh, how I wish I could cut out all carbs for a couple of days!!! Will you be my personal coach and email me about every couple of hours!!!??? LOL!!

MsRD...Glad you had a restful weekend! We all need that time once in a while! Hey thanks chickie on the calculations! I'm a big goof when it comes to numbers, so I cheated and found a couple of websites. One telling me I was around 42 something and the other one at 30. something!!! So whatever! I know I've got lots of work to do...I'll just keep doing it one day at a time...the best I can! Guess I'm in that "O" category still! Drat!

Wonder how the rest of the chickies are?? Jennifer, Mary? You out there? The rest of you had better report in for duty ASAP!!!!

Hugs to all!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 01:13 AM   #86  
Pending Email Confirmation

Hi

Well .... I got up early and went to the gym this morning and ran/walked 3 miles. I also went for a short walk during my morning coffee break. 3.5 miles today. Tomorrow I hope to water run for an hour.

My eating has been OP today. Mom made dinner for us tonight. What a treat, she made a real effor to make an OP meal. Very thoughtful, and very delish. Beef kabobs with mushrooms, red bell pepper, zuchini, and onions. White rice seasoned with stir-fried mushrooms, celery and onion in beef broth. She made wonderful fruit salad marinated in orange juice for desert. MMM MMMM MMMM All for only 11 weight watchers points.

Hikein - I'm afraid "carbing out" was my politically correct attempt to say "out" LOL

lameducklucy - I can totally relate. I really have to debate with myself at that point. I ask myself why, what hurts? Am I in pain? Am I really tired or just giving up because I think it's too hard. I usually work past it and yes the reward after your done is so worth it. I would really love to see the northern lights... never have. Aren't you in Seattle? I'm about 3 hours north of you. What part of the sky did you see them in? I was thinking I would need to go see my BIL in Yellowknife to see them, but what a treat if I could see them at home. BTW congrats on the new size 14 jeans, that are much too loose. You'll have to give them to me when they're too large for you. Right now I'm in 18's.

lisa girl - WHOOOO HOOO congrats on the 2.5 pounds lost forever

dlzbth Donna - Thanks for the welcome. I am also doing WW - but the flex plan. I need, especially at this point, to track everything I'm eating. Is turnaround where you do core, or can change from one to the other?

miss_elisha - WTG - 2 pounds lost forever congratulations. You have worked very hard for it. What is GRE?

Anyways, gotta journal, make lunches, pack my clothes for tommorow and get to bed at a decent time tonight. Last night I didn't get to bed until almost 12 and then was up peeing about 3-4 times. Not a great sleep at all.

With that I'll say goodnight and have a great day tomorrow. Remember to be good to yourself.

Hugs

J

Last edited by squabb56; 11-09-2004 at 01:16 AM.
squabb56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 07:18 AM   #87  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Feeling Blue!

I'm feeling the "could of doom" hoovering over me this morning! I'm hoping I can shake it, but I do feel stressed this morning...leftovers from yesterday, I'm sure!

I'm going to try to eat OP today and stay away from that chocolate! I need a good "catch phrase" to keep me away from it! I will try to stay positive today and keep my chin up and my feet moving, but with the clouds outdoors all around me and the way I feel, it's gonna be a hard day today. I've packed my lunch and I do plan to walk this morning...even though I really don't feel much like walking!

Today is also weigh in day! Yahoo! I don't feel any significant change, so I'm sure it won't be good news! Wow...this is really a bummer of a post! Sorry chickies! Just feeling really down today!

Hope everyone else is having a good day!

I need a OK...I feel a little better now!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 08:46 AM   #88  
A work in progress

Morning everyone. Well I didn't get up as early as I wanted to this morning. Stayed up too late last night and slept in. I am a stay at home mom that homeschools. But I have to go back to work in March, but I can't fit into my work clothes. I have been doing the jeans and t-shirt thing for years. But I have good news. I decided to weigh myself out of the blue and found that I had lost 6 pounds!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks hikein for the info.
Now I need to go exercise before breakfast or I won't do it.
SAT in south GA
bluekat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 08:55 AM   #89  

Hey all

So overall not a bad weekend! I went to my mate's party and managed not to go crazy on the snacks. I did have some cake but it was only a little bit and a few sweets and a few drinks but my calories were very low the rest of the day so i think it will have added up OK. Sunday was also good didn't eat that much. Yesterday was less good as I ate a bar of chocolate 2 cereal bars and some salami I wasn't planning to. I hit the cereal bars and salami again this morning but I'm going to make up for that with a good day.

Being tired makes me eat and I've been tired as my train was later and my bus took ages and after setting off at 6pm I didn't get in till 1.30am (my friend lives about 260 miles away which is far in the UK!). I was hoping to be in by 1130pm. I am still knackered today but currently full!

I had some good clothing moments too when I went shopping, I tried some size 12 jeans in Primark which were too small and found the 10s were a much better fit. I didn't buy them though I bought some with the less happy label of "L". They're made in china and I guess a 12 is big to them! I hate foreign sizing where 8 is small 10 is medium 12 is large and 14 is XL! Makes you feel like a chubby westerner. (UK 12 is about a US 8)

Joy- I use fitday.com and am from the UK, I don't know if I had to lie to sign up but it def worked. A lot of the products on it are very US, I've not heard of some of them and I have to remember to type zuchinni and not corgette! Well done for staying OP

Elisha- argh losing weight and study is a bad combo, like I was saying thats the situation I'll be in in May when I have finals which determine the whole and entire reuslt of my degree. Is Steve ur bf? And thrirdly well done for the 2lbs.

Jan - Heya welcome!

Bluekat- 6lb yay!

MSRD- Hope you're still feeling motivated

Lisa- 2lbs wow that's fab.

Lucy- Yay with the jeans.

Julie- Hey sorry you're feeling down, I'm just about to go read the feelings thread.

Dill
dilleight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 02:12 PM   #90  

Although I'm still not 100% I'm getting there. I even went on to my weigh in this morning. I lost 2 pounds! That's the most I have lost with WW meetings since joining 9 weeks ago! Julie, I am going to have to read why you are down I guess. I'm sorry that you are feeling blue. Joy, I guess the turnaround plan is that you can switch but I use the flexpoint system. WOW BLUEKAT! 6 POUNDS That is AWESOME!!!!! I can't even imagine losing that much!
Wanted to share the good new while I had a chance. I need to catch up on other entries. Have a great day!
Donna
dlzbth is offline   Reply With Quote