Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 08:18 AM   #1  
Crazy runner

S/C/G: 213/131/maintaining

Height: 5'4.5"

Default Even Sexier by Thanksgiving Challenge!

Hello everyone!

to the Sexier by Thanksgiving Challenge!

This is a continuation of the "Sexy by Labor Day" Challenge, but if you're new, please feel free to join in on the fun, as this challenge is open to anyone and everyone!

We have just over 11 weeks until Thanksgiving... let's make every day of those 11 weeks count!!

Every week you'll weigh in with your current weight and progress toward your goal. If you've already met your goal weight, why not challenge yourself to eat on plan for 11 weeks, exercise for a certain amount of time, or any other healthy challenge you can think of?

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

Old 09-08-2009, 08:33 AM   #2  
Crazy runner

Ok here is my first post... a little about myself...

I'm married, live in Colorado, and started running back in February, which accounts for 99% of my weight loss so far. I'm two lbs away from reaching that 50 lbs lost mark, but those two pounds are being so stubborn!

My goal for Thanksgiving is to lose 15 lbs which would put me at 150 lbs. Normally I might be more ambitious but my weight loss has slowed in the past few weeks so I'm thinking it's better to be conservative just in case.

Soooo....

Starting weight: 165
Current weight: 165
Goal weight: 150

My plan is to just continue doing what I'm doing...eating low calorie and running 4-5 days a week.

Good luck, everyone!
Old 09-08-2009, 09:46 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 264.2/189/150

Height: 5'8"

Count me in!

I have a fantastic boyfriend and an even more fantastic son. I love eating healthy but have trouble controlling myself around certain foods. I love exercising, but I've been having a lot of foot problems lately. My first big goal is to get down to my pre-pregnancy weight of 200. Imagining the 220s is crazy! I haven't been there since I was 5 months pregnant (I went from 200 to 285). I will weigh in on Mondays.

Start (09/07/09): 249.4
Current: 249.4
Goal: 229.8
Old 09-08-2009, 09:52 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 335.8/335.8/150

Height: 5'6''

Count me in too I'm Karen and am married. I lost a lot of weight several years ago and gained most of it back. I am back on track losing again. Our treadmill was not working and we finally have it fixed. I am working my way through the C25K program (Week 4 Day 2 tomorrow).

I weigh in on Sundays and will report then. My goal is to lose 22 pounds over the next 11 weeks

SW: 236.8
GW: 214.8
Old 09-08-2009, 10:21 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Morning, ladies! I'm so in!
I'm from Colorado, have a long-term boyfriend, and have been running and counting calories to lose the weight so far. For my last group challenge, I found a week-by-week plan helped get me motivated so here's mine for the next 11 weeks. I hope to lose 15lbs total.
Sept 12: 170
Sep 21: 169
Sep 28: 168
Oct 5: 166
Oct 12: 164
Oct 19: 163
Oct 26: 162
Nov 2: 160
Nov 9: 159
Nov 16: 157
Nov 23: 155

Last edited by dancerindenver; 09-08-2009 at 10:35 AM.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:43 AM   #6  

Height: 6'1

Hey there! I would love to join in this challenge. I'm Akshata, 26 and currently live in Redondo Beach, CA (technically in LA, but doesn't feel like it). I am living with my boyfriend of over 5 years. My highest weight has been at almost 290 and my healthiest adult weight was like 177. I'm tired of going back and forth up and down and I know that its REALLY bad for me. I am currently at 248.2 and my goal for this challenge is to lose 5% of my weight, which will put me at 235.8. Since Thanksgiving is over 2 months away, I KNOW I can do this.

Last edited by shasha17a; 09-10-2009 at 01:09 PM.
Old 09-08-2009, 04:06 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 156/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Hi girls! It's nice to see the old crew and great to see all of the newcomers we have! Welcome to you all!

A little about me: I'm 24, in my 2nd year of medical school, single (aka dating around) and living in LA (like Akshata!). My highest weight in college was about 170 and then I settled into the 150's for the past couple of years. In April, something clicked and I realized I wanted to change myself inside and out, so I completely changed the way I eat (never was super unhealthy but am waaaay more health-conscious now), monitored my calories, worked out every day (running, spinning, yoga). Now, I've been maintaining my loss for about 2 months but never managed to reach my ultimate goal of 130.

My body seems to be comfortable where it is but lately I've really let my cravings get the best of me and I'm not happy with my mindset about food and my body, so I'm settling back into weight loss mode and really trying to get down to 130. Not sure if it'll be possible to lose 9 pounds in 11 weeks because the last few are so painfully slow to come off, but I'll take anything under 135!

Also, I'm getting more and more serious about running and am absolutely loving it, so a big part of my goal is to keep pushing myself and train hard for my 10K in October and my half marathon in February!

I'll weigh in on Mondays like we did in the last challenge. Looking forward to spending the next 11 weeks (and hopefully more!) with all of you!

SW (9/7): 139
GW: 130
Old 09-08-2009, 05:04 PM   #8  
A Mom on a Mission!

S/C/G: 162/143/130

Height: 5'3

Hi girls! I'm pretty new to this site, and I would love to join this challenge. I am a new mom (Grace is 6 weeks today). I am looking to lose the last of my baby weight plus a little bit more. I am going to try to lose 10 lbs (about a pound a week) by Thanksgiving. I will weigh in on Mondays. Good luck everyone!
Old 09-09-2009, 11:11 AM   #9  

Hello all,

Greetings to old friends and welcome to new ones! This is blue ridge girl - I live in central Virginia, I'm 29 years old. Since January 1, I've lost 25 pounds. Yay! But as you can see by my goals listed below, I've got a ways to go. I was hoping to make it to onderland by labor day, but have been sitting at a plateau for two months - hey, on the bright side I'm maintaining my loss which is great. So I definitely want to be in onderland by Thanksgiving, and with an eye to getting to my next mini-goal which is 191, which is when I am officially not 'obese' according to the BMI calculator. But since I've been at a plateau and been struggling, I think it's best to make 199 my goal for Thanksgiving so I am not being too ambitious. A pound a week would be great progress since I've been 'stuck.' I've been writing down everything I eat which is my best way to keep myself accountable.

So, inspired by Dancer, I've laid out where I want to be each week:
9/13 - 210
9/20 - 209
9/27 - 208
10/4 - 207
10/11 - 206
10/18 - 205
10/25 - 204
11/1 - 203
11/8 - 202
11/15 - 201
11/22 - 200
11/26 (thanksgiving) - 199.5 officially onderland!

Have a great day all! Looking forward to losing with you!
Old 09-09-2009, 11:21 AM   #10  

Blueridge - Having the weekly goals I swear has magic motivational powers!! So what's your eating and exercise plan to lose that pound a week?

A small NSV for me: I'm happily wearing a new pair of size 12 pants today for the first time (probably seems huge to some of you but when I started in May I was wearing 16s or even 18s).

What's everyone eating today?
Since writing down my plan helps me stick to it, here's what I have in mind:
B: Yogurt, raspberries
L: Chicken, green beans, fruit
Snack: Apple
D: Tilapia, broccoli, brown rice

Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 09-09-2009, 11:54 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 156/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Turning30 -Welcome! And a big congrats on the new teeny tiny addition to your family! We're happy to have you here.

Blueridge - You've been doing such a great job and your positive attitude is always inspiring. I just know you'll make it to onederland soon, but regardless, you should definitely be proud of your maintenance!

Dancer - Size 12 is awesome!!! Wearing a smaller size is always such a confidence booster so you wear it proud and show off your hot bod!

I always plan out a rough idea for what I eat but I leave a little wiggle room to alternate between certain snacks depending on my mood. The past few days have been great though, very on plan and I'm already down a pound from my birthday overindulgence weekend (phew!). I'm posting here that my goal is to keep this up this level of strictness for a whole week (weekend and all) to hopefully kick this silly habit of eating waaay too much on the weekends. Please help me stick to it! Thanks girls!!
Old 09-09-2009, 12:08 PM   #12  

TC - you've totally got this! I know what you mean though - when you have more free time, it's easier to want to snack more. I know you have a super busy life though - do you do most of your studying at home or at the library?
Old 09-09-2009, 12:50 PM   #13  
Crazy runner

Hooray for size 12's! Way to go, dancer!!

Welcome to everyone who has joined the challenge so far! I think this is shaping up to be a good one.

I also totally agree that having goals helps... mine are usually monthly weight goals. I weigh every day and have been at the same weight for the past 6 days so this may be the first time I don't actually met my monthly goal (159). I'm a good 6 lbs away from it at this point and we're two weeks into September almost.

Oh well..if I weigh less at the end of the month, then that's a good accomplishment!

Here's my food for the day:

Breakfast: cottage cheese, whole wheat crackers
Snack: 1/4cup trail mix
Lunch: Cheese quesadilla on low fat tortilla, 1/2 cup of homemade green chile
Dinner: pot roast and mashed potatoes (sooo looking forward to this! haven't had it since the spring when the weather was still chilly!)
Old 09-09-2009, 01:30 PM   #14  

fatpants - Since you are training like a mad woman and building crazy leg muscles, I wouldn't beat yourself up at ALL if you are off a smidge this month!

It's interesting to see what other people's eating plans look like - thanks for sharing!
Old 09-09-2009, 04:02 PM   #15  
Crazy runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancerindenver View Post
fatpants - Since you are training like a mad woman and building crazy leg muscles, I wouldn't beat yourself up at ALL if you are off a smidge this month!

It's interesting to see what other people's eating plans look like - thanks for sharing!
I *hope* that's the reason for this latest stall on the scale...! Haven't seen it move since Labor Day and it's getting old!
Closed Thread