Old 10-21-2004, 01:46 PM   #46  
LucyKitty

I feel better in 5 minutes time.

I got mad because they (health ins.) sent us 2 cards, but they BOTH contain my hubby's name and soc. That doesn't make sense. I was fed up without having insurance. Called htem. I'm fine. His name is just on both cards. YAAAAY!! Things are better.

Calling RIGHT NOW to schedule a follow-up for my foot on Monday and an appointment, hopefully Monday as well, for my weight-loss issue. YAY! You guys rock.
lameducklucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 08:31 PM   #47  

Height: 5 foot

Man.. do I relate!!!!!!! Weight sucks!! Being fat sucks! I know, I know. Most of you say I'm not fat. But you haven't seen me naked! I mean yuck. There is no muscle on my body. Just fat, and cellulite, and extra skin. And you know what. If I could get rid of that... the weight wouldnt even matter! But I have worked out and worked out 2 or 3 times a day.. and you all know that. But... it's like the fat imediately comes back. Why!!!! Why did the weight come back to my breasts!!!!! That freaking sucks!!!!!!!!! I feel like I'm hitting my chin on my breasts! And my butt and thighs.. yuck. My stomach has blown up too. My pants are too tight. That totally freaking sucks! I can't even fit my bathing suits anymore! I HATE being short too LUCY! I hate being shaped the way I am! Why the **** is it so hard! Motivation... yeah right. WHAT IS MY MOTIVATION??!? I have to try to work my a** off and practically starve every last day of my life just to lose weight. What kind of life is that? 950 calories?!? Whatever Lucy!! LOL LOL I'd rather die first! You are a definatel role model just for doing that. Elisha... I don't know how to get the motivation back. I know that when I look in the mirror I want to puke. My clothes are too tight, and I'm embarrased again to go out in public... but that still doesnt make me want to exercise. Or eat salad for the rest of my life. What gives?!?!? Anyways I better go!
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 08:36 PM   #48  

{{{{{Jaymi}}}}}

I know it's hard but it is so worth it. Maybe you are trying too hard?! Hang in there, we can do this together!!!

Donna
dlzbth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 12:18 PM   #49  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Default From mild mannered box turtle to hissing snapping turtle

I'm mad. I'm frustrated. And I'm even more mad because I don't know who to be mad at. I think I'll choose someone other than me, because anger works for me. Hmmm, who shall it be? You maybe? You looking at me? You want some of this? Bring it!
I'm mad because I gained two more pounds.
I'm mad because I didn't even get a birthday cake, let alone indulge in a slice. I'm mad because I was jogging, ME a five foot two, two hundred and thirty-three pound woman, jogging, drinking over 72 ounces of water a day and eating within my Core program and I still gained. I'm mad because the only thing I DID indulge in was a piece of low carb cheese cake. Now, I know that low carb things do NOT mix with any other diet, but TWO POUNDS? No, you don't gain two pounds from one piece of cheese cake. I'm angry because nothing seems to work for me. I'm angry because although everyone acts supportive, I doubt they truly believe that I'm working as hard as I was. I'm angry because my sister challenged me to walk 100 miles in October, I bust my shell to get there and she announces she gave up because (..I..) didn't get my pedometer until the 6th, throwing her a week behind. I've got fifty-three miles logged! And I'm mad because NOW I'M giving up too. I'm mad because I'm paying eleven dollars a week to find out that no matter what I do, I can't lose weight. I'm mad because I had a gastric by-pass surgery and I'm still fat. I'm mad because my sister lost seventy pounds (effortlessly, according to her) and acts like someone I don't even know anymore. I'm mad because I'm jealous of her. I'm mad because people try to give me weight loss advice (only trying to help, I know) and it makes me want to hurt them. I'm mad at DR Phil because he's a pompous, arrogant, know it all windbag (and he uses bad grammar). I'm mad at Leslie Sansone because, well, that's self explanatory. I'm mad because I'm forty. I'm mad because I have to go to work today. I'm mad because I'm mad and that makes me mad. I'm mad because my body seems to want to be this weight, no matter what I do. I'm mad because Procrastinator's doctor told her she'd probably never get her weight off. I'm mad because the health professionals I seek guidance with, can't help me or figure out what's going on in my body. I'm mad because my boyfriend now wants a baby, now that I'm nearing the "too old" phase of my life. I'm mad because I need a new house and could quite possibly swing it, but I don't know what to do with the one I'm living it. I'm mad because I don't know how to handle most things in my life and the weight issue is the greatest of those. I'm mad because I'm always upset and I do have things to be thankful for, but can't seem to be happy without worrying about the bottom dropping out of everything. I'm mad because I've got PMS, I'm mad because I'm more comfortable being mad, than happy. I'm wondering if I go off the pill, if I'll have more luck at losing weight. I'm mad because I can't really think of legitimate things to be mad about. I'm mad because I just wasted all this time, naming reasons I'm mad and now it's nearly time to get ready for work. Hey, at least it's my FRIDAY!
Hotcupojava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 04:04 PM   #50  

Hey Mary
How annoying not to lose when you're doing all the right things I'm sure you've thought of these things but it could just be muscle/water weight, subtly different clothes, weighing yourself too soon after eating. I find with dieting you can't really make it a group effort too much as there's more chance the other person will mess up then you will too. I reckon that makes 3fc better than "real life" My mum's friend just had a baby at 46 so you shouldn't be too old for having a baby. Urgh who wants a baby anyway! Smelly things I hope it starts going better for you soon.

Dill
dilleight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 04:06 PM   #51  

Mary, I feel your pain!!!!!! I know exactly what you are going through! But you know what.... although people say get a diet buddy, get a diet buddy. I always find it that I'm more serious than everyone else when it comes to dieting and the other person always find excuses and etc. My sister was my diet buddy when she came out here.. and I ended up exercising by myself. I know that life sucks, and weight sucks... why... I don't know. Why does it have to be so hard!?! No matter how hard you try?! I wish I had a answer for you, but all I can say is DON"T GIVE UP LIKE I DID! That sucks.. you'd end up being a dumb loser like me who's gained 15 lbs back in a month. And screw all of those people who pretend to support you.. it doesnt matter anyways.. We support you. You are doing awesome! JOGGING?!? What's that? I can barely walk fast! LOL And honestly online diet buddys seem to help much more and be better at it. So don't give up!

Last edited by Jaymi_Dol_78; 10-24-2004 at 04:09 PM.
Old 10-26-2004, 05:17 PM   #52  
LucyKitty

Awww Mary. *hug* I know how you feel. I was stuck at 187 for ummm, almost 2 years. Totally stuck. SUCKED. Now I'm stuck at 170-175. *gah!* It'll be okay. And to **** with that cheesecake anyway, ya know? If I was closer to you, and known it was your b-day, I'd totally have made you a super yummy cake for your birthday. Nobody deserves to miss out on a birthday cake, diet or no diet. If you feel that mad, go beat the crap out of something. I HATE Dr Phil as well. Not even a freaking doctor, just says he is. Can't speak properly in our language and is basically just a big jackass who tells people that they're doing everything wrong, and if they're just like him, they'll be perfect. BAH to him!! *hug* Just keep up the work and eventually, your body will realize that it doesn't -really- want to stay at that weight/size, and it'll shift again. You'll be okay!!! And WE definitely support you, especially ME! I understand how freaking hard it is to work your butt off ALL THE TIME, eat the right food, never give yourself any slack, and push yourself 24/7, but not be able to change, and people act like they understand but you just feel like they're thinking "yeah, right. you haven't done JACK." and it's just not fair. You will get there, however, and you will show the unsupportive ilk exactly what you HAVE done. I'm proud of you, no matter what, for being pissed off about that stuff. You SHOULD be! You SHOULD feel angry that your hard work isn't getting anywhere -- it just means that you're alive, human, and working your butt off. You will win.
Old 10-26-2004, 05:32 PM   #53  
LucyKitty

So I have this doctor's appointment on the 2nd, right? I'm all prepared to go in there and state the facts. I was over 255 lbs when I started, wearing a size 22/24, and those were tight. I worked my butt off and forced myself to lose all of this weight, and I've lost over 85 lbs (officially) by myself, without any help from a medical professional (unless you count checking with my doc to make sure I was doing it okay, and he approved of my progress & diet & workout routine), and I want some help. I feel like I have to put on this huge defense and beg him for help.

I think I feel totally guilty and irresponsible for going to get professional help with this. I have good freaking reasons, too, which is what irks me even more. I have proven to countless people that I am responsible, healthy, active, and dedicated at this. I have proven that I can do what I set my mind to, as I've lost 85 pounds by myself and done it the right way -- diet & exercise & taking care of myself.

I feel guilty and irresponsible because I can't lose the rest of it on my own. I feel stupid for even needing to ask, because when I was in 6th grade (age 11 or 12), I weighed and wore the same size/weight I am right now. Same height, too. And over a few years, I ended up shrinking myself down to my happy size -- size 8/9, around 130 lbs, I think. I never even weighed myself back then. I just felt comfortable and that was all that mattered. I still thought of myself as fat, of course, because I wasn't blonde, tall, big-chested and skinny as a pole, like all the other girls were. I was normal, though, and I finally realized that near my 18th birthday, end of school.

I am worried that I'll end up going in, they'll weigh me & I'll explain my request for help and show my proven success previously and my dedication, and they'll just tell me to shut up, eat more salad, and go home. That it'll happen eventually. But it won't.

I finished losing that 85 lbs (or the majority of it) in September of 2002. Do you realize it's been over 2 years, TWO WHOLE STUPID YEARS, since I've had any success at losing? Maintaining is not hard. My body maintains automatically, always has.

I feel like if I go in there and tell him that I need help, and that I want to have this over and done with before we have our kids because I don't want them to grow up seeing their mom struggle with her identity and self-image, and always thinking that she's fat, etc, like I did, tehy'll tell me that I'm just weird. Lots of kids see their parents struggle with weight loss. But my mom cried and cried, took diet pills, was nuts on them when I was little. I always thought, still do think, my mother is absolutely beautiful and there isn't really anything I'd change about her appearance, but I still grew up with the stigma that I was NOT good enough and that I WAS fat.

When you see something day in and day out, you start to believe it. Especially as a child. You are partially a product of your environment, despite what any stupid doctor would like to say to discredit that statement. Especially as a child. I do not think my parents were bad parents -- totally opposite. I could not ever ask for BETTER parents, especially my mom. And especially my dad. I could go on about how awesome they are, their total and complete acceptance of their kids, no matter what, and their unconditional love for us and our spouses, but I don't need to.

But when you grow up around a mom who hates her body because she can't lose weight and wants to be something else, it does kind of make you hate your own body, too. My brother, who is totally physically fit and tall, very lean, etc, and who used to be rather overweight as a kid to about age 20, still has issues with his body. I still have issues getting into a hot tub with 5 of my friends, one of them my husband, while wearing huge swimming trunks and an oversized t-shirt. You can't see hardly any skin, but I still feel way too fat.

I just don't want my kids to feel that or grow up with that. I want them to feel comfortable with their bodies, no matter what.

If I still need to lose 50 pounds, I think I should qualify, you know? I just want some help. I just want ME back.
Old 10-27-2004, 06:56 AM   #54  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

(((((((((Lucy)))))))))))) I feel your pain...really I do! It's good that you are trying to take care of your body and get to where you feel comfortable in it! I hope that you find what you are looking for with this Doc.

One of the things you said struck a chord with me. My Mom was always dieting, too. I remember her bringing home this "thing" from TOPS one week and it sat in the LR rocker all week. I guess it was a reminder to her that she was the big "loser" or whatever that week! I really don't know! She did those AYDS caramels and she did WW and lots of other diets, too. My Mom wasn't physically active because of an orthopedic problem with her hip from birth, so that added to her weight issues. I don't ever remember her "complaining" or discussing her weight but I have always had this "feeling" of being fat, too! I remember as early as 7th or 8th grade, looking in the mirror at school with all the other "pretty and skinny" girls and saying "I'm just so fat!"...and NO ONE responded!!! I was crushed because then I beleived I WAS fat! (Unfortunately, it's one of the few memories of Jr. Hi that I still have!) And then I probably weighed 110#! But I DID have boobs and hips and was curvy when all the other girls were not! No one told me then that was how I was SUPPOSED to be! No one said "Julie dear, you are a beautiful young lady and be happy with your body!" I wished they would have! I wished my Mom would have told me those kinds of things, but mostly what I remember her saying as I got a little older and gained some weight in HS was "You should lose that weight now while you are young, because it's a lot harder to take it off when you get older!" Yep! She was right about that!

Sadly, I learned through the way my Mom handled things with her weight and with me (and the rest of my sisters...two of my sisters are much heavier than I am...morbidly obese one of them...serious enough to qualify for a gastric bypass) what NOT to do with my daughter and what I DO need to do to build up her self esteem even at 5 years old! Even though I am still 30# overweight, I feel better about my body and continue to work at it daily, even though I seem to be "stuck" too at this weight! I am now working out regularly and she sees that and loves to join me. We eat healthy most of the time, have fresh fruits and veggies and a balanced meal usually! She knows I try to stay away from sugar and why. We limit her "junk food" intake teaching her to choose other alternatives (like fruit or veggies). She is drinking more water when she is thirsty!

So keep doing what you are doing, chickie and keep the workout routine in your life and keep active. Your children (some day) will thank you when you tell them how beautiful they are and that no matter what others think of them, they will still be beautiful! There is so much we can teach our children simply by our actions, but we still need to affirm them! I don't think I ever got enough of that and it sounds like a lot of us didn't!

Enough said! Hugs to you chickie!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 09:07 AM   #55  

Ok.. first.. Lucy.. you deserve to be at your goal weight. You have been working your a*s off, and you shouldn't feel guilty for anything! Especially going to the doctor!

Julie.. I thought I was fat too, and complained about my stomach being fat... All my cousins and my aunt would make fun of me and say I had a big butt and too big boobs... But now I see that I wasnt fat.. I was an idiot.. I was a skinny child. Second, they were just jealous bacause they wanted those things.

Second.. my feelings for the day....

I'm fat
I'm tired of being fat
I'm tired period!
I'm hungry!
Life sucks
I'm stupid for gaining 15 lbs back.. not I have to relose the same weight.. and now i could be at my goal.

Old 10-27-2004, 10:35 AM   #56  

Hey Peeps

Lucy- hey you shouldn't feel bad about asking for help, that is a long plateau! So you weigh 180lbs now? What kind of help did you want, drugs?

My mum has weight/image problems in my opinion. She told me that she weighed under 120lbs when she was at uni (she's 5ft4) and thought she was fat then. She's always said she's chubby and I just accepted it and looking back up until 5 years ago she was around 130lbs and wore your size 8. It's probably got a lot to do with the entries in my diary when I was 13 (I was about 5ft3 or 4) saying I was fat at 127lbs. I was your size 4/6 at that point!! I had the opposite body shape kind of boyish and thought if I was thinner I'd have a waist!

Hopefully I've got a decent body image now, I'm 140lb and although my goal is 133lb I wouldn't think of myself as chubby now, I wouldn't wear a bikini though! My mum weighs 147lbs at the moment she's doing well coz she's walking a lot. I'm trying to persuade her that she's not fat! She's aiming for about 133lbs and when she gets there I hope she feels good about it.

Dill
dilleight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 01:32 PM   #57  
LucyKitty

Julie -- You rock. Seriously. Thank you SO MUCH. What you do with your daughter is exactly how I want to raise my own kids -- to believe in themselves. My mom did tell me, when in high school & I thought I was fat, when I was actually pretty much perfect, she told me that I was just fine, and that she was way bigger at my age than I was. It just didn't help after the years of watching her with it, ya know? *hug* You are SO awesome. Thank you SO MUCH.

Jay -- *hug* You rock. So much. I don't feel as guilty anymore.

Dill -- Yeah, probably a prescription weight loss supplement, because nothing else is working. My uncle is currently on Meridia, which is somewhat ephedrine-like, which has always been fine in my family.

I feel a lot better. Thanks, you chickies. You guys rock. Seriously!

And even though I have this nasty cold and I feel icky and snot-filled in the skull, I'm gonna go force myself to do a quick 10 minutes. It can't hurt, and if nothing else, it'll probably fill me with energy for the day and help clear my stuffiness up!! WOO!

I don't feel guilty. I HAVE worked my butt off. I HAVE done everything the right way. I HAVE done enough to prove that I am not just some lazy person who says "give me a pill so I'm not fat," and I DESERVE the help that I am finally, after FOUR YEARS, asking for. I gained this weight in 2001, May of 2001. That's almost FOUR YEARS that I've had to deal with this, and I deserve my life, my body, my health back. *stomps feet*
Old 10-31-2004, 09:18 PM   #58  
FullTime Domestic Goddess

Do you guys think you could forgive me? These past couple of weeks have just flown by.....they've left me just breathless. Somebody put my life of fast forward without consulting with me first!! LOL!

I have found myself thinking of you all every day. I have been sending you my good thoughts and encouraging vibes. I haven't done too hot this challenge. Not really. But I am still standing...still able to drink water, exercise, eat healthy. I am actually excited about the new challenge ahead! I feel positive. Just one day at a time - right???

I will post more tomorrow. I am going to try to get some rest. I just think you guys are the greatest. And, I just keep thinking ~~~~ We can do this TOGETHER. Don't you think???? This is a do-able thing. This thing of weight loss....we're gonna kick some a** in November - I just gotta feeling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lisa girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 10:57 PM   #59  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Lisa, my friend! You are forgiven! Now go kick some serious butt, chickie! I'm gonna too!
HUGS!!!!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 09:55 PM   #60  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Feeling of the day: REGRET

Now, I'm not much of one for regret in general. It's a useless emotion, good only for making us feel sorry for ourselves. If there is something we regret, it is in the past, and the only thing we can do about it now is deal with what we've got. As cliché as it sounds, I try not to regret much of anything, seeing as how regret won't do me any good whatsoever, and I usually succeed.
Be that as it may, that does not mean I am a stranger to the emotion. It does mean, however, that when it does hit me it comes as a rather large blow. The knock-you-off-your-feet kind of blow, and quite literally. It hit me a few minutes ago and my knees buckled underneath me and I slunk to the ground.
I've been debating for a while whether to exercise tonight or in the morning before work. Knowing myself like I do, I reasoned that I'm not going to want to get out of bed early in this cold house just so I can get on the stairclimber before a long, busy day in the wonderful world of retail, so I decided to go ahead and do my workout tonight, no matter how tired I am.
So I put on my workout clothes, put on my workout music, get my water, get everything ready. I even do my warm-up set of Slendercises. During one of the first exercises, my back spasms once. Just once. I don't have the greatest back in the world, and it does that occasionally. Sometimes it just does it once; other times I can barely move for 3 or 4 days. But it didn't do it again, so I figured I'd keep going and hopefully I'd work out whatever kink was there.
And then my knees start to grind. I've never had problems with my knees, but this is a new sound to me, like my cartilege is squishing around between my bones or something (which is exactly what it's supposed to do). It's just weird.
And then I'm lying there on the floor, legs stretched out in front of me, propped up on my elbows, and I see the shape that is my body. I see my fat. I see my complete lack of muscle tone. I see my so-much-more-than-curvaceous hips, and my round jiggly stomach, and my huge cottage cheese thighs, and my huge undefined calves. I try to look away and I see my flabby arms.
So I think to myself, "the only way to change this is to keep exercising," and I finish my warm-up.
Then I stand up to get ready for the stairclimber, and I look at the clock. It's going to be 10:00pm by the time I'm done exercising, then I'm going to go online and post my day's progress, and that will take me another 45 minutes, and then I'll be ready for sleep. I should be studying for the GRE.
That's when the regret hits me. Think of all the time, energy, even money I could have saved if I had not gotten myself into this position. I could feel free to study right now because I wouldn't have to worry so much about getting on the stupid stairclimber so I can lose another stupid pound. I wouldn't have to dispise the way I look. I wouldn't have to put in all this effort if I had just done what I should have done in the first place.
As I said, my knees buckled and I sank to the floor. I just sat there for a moment, stunned. How stupid I've been! How stupid I've been! How could I have let this happen to me? How could I let myself get to this place? I have more important things to do with my time than fix mistakes I made in the past.
But I don't. That's all I'm doing right now, fixing my past mistakes. I'm working to pay of my debt that I mistakenly racked up. I'm studying for the GRE because I didn't take it last year when this stuff was fresh in my head. I have to go to grad school because I didn't focus enough as an undergrad and I didn't get the experience or the book-knowledge I need to be successful. I'm dieting and exercising because I didn't diet and exercise for the first 23 years of my life.
I pulled myself up to the edge of my bed and forced myself to put on my tennis shoes. I sat there for few more minutes, debating again. If I exercise now, I'll be too sleepy to study, but if I exercise in the morning I'll be energized for my day at work. Besides, tomorrow night my friend wants me to come over (even though I really don't want to) and watch movies, and if I do decide to go I'm sure there will be lots of calories involved, and it would be good to have those extra budgeted calories from exercise for tomorrow, whereas I'm still doing pretty good today. But I don't get anything else to eat tonight (I've kind of got the munchies, but no exercise means no food). That's the conclusion I came to.
And I hate it that I have to make that decision. Study, or exercise? Which is more important, my life, or my life? I suppose studying should be more important at this point, because there is a limited time frame for that, whereas I'm sure the weight will stick around until I decide to lose it. I just can't believe I have to make that choice.
It's not fair. IT'S NOT FAIR! *stomps feet*
I hate this.
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote