Old 07-02-2004, 11:26 AM   #121  
"workin' on my fitness"

Height: 5'10"

Yesterday while talking to a good friend of mine, we got onto the subject of the last 6 weeks of debauchery. And how I busted my butt for more than 4.5 months, and lost 46 pounds, only to turn around and put weight back on by being careless, stress-eating, and letting the chaos take control.

And I got to thinking, which for me, can be dangerous.

What we came up with boggles the mind.

I was absolutely self-destructive, at least for the last 3 weeks in June. At one point, from the stress and eating right, I was .6 from a brand new middle number, and the lowest # I've seen to date. Nearing the 50 pound loss mark, too. I saw the numbers continue to go down, and I took advantage of that opportunity to let the food plan go & eat whatever I wanted. Skipped breakfast, and just had diet coke. Bad lunches. Garbage. McDonalds, pizza, chinese delivery. Missed 2 meals, and then have 3-4 slices of pizza, because I was "starving" in my head.

I learned something from this. I learned that it takes an inordinately long time to take the weight off. What it took hard work to do, I managed to throw away in just a few weeks. Granted, I didn't gain back 46 pounds, but I did enough damage that the scale is 15 pounds higher than that all time low I had hit.

Sure, some of that is water weight. Sure, today the # is 3 pounds less than it was yesterday. I'm getting some of the crap out of my system. Once I get all the puffiness out of my ankles (wasn't that nice to see swelling & discomfort there...) from the sodium, there's a few more pounds. Real damage may be closer to 5-9 pounds, but still....

When I equate that with other things that I work hard for...I would never knit a sweater & then unravel it. I would never cross stitch something, only to cut it into a million pieces. I would never do marathon loads of laundry & turn around & throw clean clothes into the dirt. Or mop the floor with muddy water. Yet, here, I worked hard only to throw away that effort. There's no difference, really, except in my head. What the heck is with that??? So, now there are mental changes happening. And I'm not going to spin my wheels in the dirt, and be content to wallow in this. I'm moving forward. Lesson learned. Wisdom shared (or just random babbling posted for public viewing) and now I can take what I've learned & use it.

Breakfast today from our office manager:
1 small plain bagel with just a *hint* of butter

Lunch:
3/4 cup bowtie pasta
2 meatballs
1/4 cup sauce
sprinkle of parmesan

Afternoon exercise:
minimum of 1 mile WATP
something with the resistance bands

Dinner:
something light- maybe more soup, or just a snack-size meal...still feeling "overly full"

Happy Friday, chickies! The weekend is almost here!
**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 03:01 PM   #122  

Height: 5 foot

Well everyone, Where are you chickies!!! Jennifer, Labor Day challenge looks great... When do we start!!! I hope everyone is doing well!! I miss everyone!!! Talk to you all soon!!
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 06:21 PM   #123  
"workin' on my fitness"

Hey chickies! Actually, Jaymi, I'll be rolling out the next challenge tonight- I just finished the avatars & stuff....I'll be posting the new stuff as soon as hubby & I are done with our assembly line- we did shopping, and cooking, today, so I'll have more lunches & dinners prepped. I also just baggied 2 boxes of Kellog's Smart Start and Mini Wheats...so breakfasts are prepped & ready to go.

Hope everyone had a great weekend, or extra day off today, if you did.

Catch everyone later!
Old 07-05-2004, 08:31 PM   #124  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default I'm Baaaaaack!!!!

Well chickies...here I am! I'm tanner (a feat in itself!), happier (camping is soooo good for my soul!) and probably a couple of pounds heavier. Actually, I walked in the door and one of the first things I did was to weigh myself on my crappy scale! Actual weigh in day will be tomorrow! I'm hoping that it will show NO gain and maybe a pound or two loss! I can always hopE!!!

I haven't had time to read the journals let alone read this board (I had 70 messages in my in-box when I arrived home...eeeekkk!!!!) but I will try to do some reading and catching up with friends tonight when DD goes to bed and hubby falls asleep!

I have done some serious contemplating these last 10 days and have come to the conclusion that diligence and perseverance (however slow it may be) is the best course with this journey...no matter what! So I am here for the long haul and hope that you all are too! I will be back later to let you all know of my goals!

Hugs to all....I missed all of you!!!

Julie
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 10:02 PM   #125  
"workin' on my fitness"

Ok...it's up, chickies!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43046

I'll get a quickie post in tonight, but I'll update with my goals in the morning.

Julie, glad you're back- missed you! Hope you had a great time!
Old 07-05-2004, 11:05 PM   #126  
motomom

Default I'm here!

Just checking in! Goals tomorrow! It's late and tomorrow is Day 1 after being gone from work for 10 days!!!
Old 07-06-2004, 11:21 AM   #127  
LucyKitty

Results for this challenge:

May not seem like much... but here's the start weight: 186.5
And here's the weight this morning: 180.8

Not a big loss, but it's something and it means that the plateau is finally coming to an end, PLUS it shows that I've gotten -somewhere- at least. YAY! FINALLY!!

I'm up on the other challenge now! WOOHOO!
lameducklucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 05:20 PM   #128  
motomom

Default Results for 4th of July Challenge!

Well, I am sad to say that the vacation put 3 # back on this ole body! So, I am up 3/4 # this challenge!
Challenge start weight: 169.5
Weigh in today: 170.25

That means I need to really start to crack down again and get some#'s off this time! It's been 3 months with NO weight loss! Yikes! This is not how I envisioned this all happening! My goal was for my birthday (less than 20 days away!) to be in the 150's and I can see that is not going to happen, but I can always shoot for getting back down in to the 160's, can't I?

So, I give myself a pat on the back for not totally throwing in the towell and persevering no matter how long it takes! I will get there!
How about you all? What are the biggest obstacles? What keeps you motivated? Why do you stay with 3FC???

I'll catch you on the next challenge and let's Do it!!!!