Old 09-07-2020, 03:40 AM   #16  
TREEMBBS

S/C/G: 90.8

Height: 5 feet 7and a half inches

Yes please! I am a bit late wandering in but desperately want/need to get back into the late 80's (talking in kgs too Gardenerjoy, delighted to see someone else do so)

SO! Current weight 91.4kgs
September goal weight 89.4kgs
so a 2 kgs loss over the next 3 weeks or so until end of September
(approx 5 lbs?)

My story in brief: My absolute goal past that is to get back into the late 70 kg mark which is close to my ideal weight of approx 76 kgs.
It has been a LONG time since I have seen that - a part thyroidectomy sees weight loss hard for me.
In 2019 and 2020 I I have dropped from up around 98kgs (4kgs of that this year so far) so making some progress but slowly.
I am a bit stuck at the moment so I will see how I go with this challenge by reporting in and gaining some support

Thank you in advance xx

Last edited by TREEMBBS; 09-07-2020 at 03:42 AM. Reason: grammar
TREEMBBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 09:33 AM   #17  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

Welcome, TREEMBBS!

GardenerJoy: maintain below 86.5 kgs
GettinFit: -4 lbs
KStrong: -5 lbs
OrganizedChaos79: -5 lbs
TREEMBBS: -2 kgs
VickieLou: -8 lbs
gardenerjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 09:33 AM   #18  
Green Tomatoes

Oops! I'm going to need to be a little more attentive for a few days.

September goal: Maintain below 86.5 kgs

4: 86.2 kgs
7: 86.85
Old 09-07-2020, 09:20 PM   #19  
TREEMBBS

Thanks for the welcome.

Not the greatest of starts in that I noted my weight this morning was up on my starting weight but I will still stick to that start weight. Thanks GardenerJoy

I KNOW the reason, it was Father's Day here on Sunday and H did get a few edible "naughties" and though I have only helped him out by eating the odd one or 2 I am someone who just can't handle "extra" in the way of anything involving sugars or fat.

Didn't panic though, ate a good breakfast of steamed rolled oats, canned pear/no sugar, yoghurt on top and cinnamon sprinkled on all and hope to keep up the healthy, mindful eating all day. Lunch will be salad, a little bit of protein and a piece of fruit. Aiming to have vegetables and some sort of fish for tea, don't mind just cold tuna slices with my hot vegetables. Then I will avoid my H's Dad's Day stash particularly the chocolates and honey roasted cashews....

I will "weigh in" on Sundays so 1st weigh after start will be September 13th (Australia)

Good luck to you all in your endeavors

GardenerJoy

GettinFit

KStrong

OrganizedChaos79

VickieLou

PS I hope you won't get sick of me "reporting in" as I tend to need to keep accountable a lot!
Old 09-08-2020, 10:12 AM   #20  
Stay Strong!

S/C/G: 289/167.6/154

Height: 5'6"

Joy ~ it is a constant battle, isn't it!? I'm sure the extra steps will help.

TREEMBBS ~ Those special occasions are rough! Sometimes it is good to just get those things out of our system so we can soldier on. I used to do that once a month just to stay sane.

Two steps forward, one step back... The only thing I've added to my plan is a serving of sweet onions daily so my body might be in shock from the addition of non-meat. I finally got my almonds today so maybe I can get my calories back up into range. Hopefully, I won't have much of a bounce back eating 1200 calories again...its been a minute.

October 1 Goal Weight: 171.4
Personal Goal: Stay below 180 and 29 BMI
09/01: 176.4
09/04: 174.3 ~ NEW LOW 2020
09/08: 174.6
KStrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 10:14 AM   #21  
Green Tomatoes

TREEMBBS: Feel free to report in as often as you like! It helps us all when folks are more energetic in this thread.
Old 09-09-2020, 12:59 AM   #22  

Default Fingers crossed

Hi. Im hoping to get back into healthy eating. Id lost 30 lbs and have gained 16 back since the pandemic forced us home more. Husband is now working from home. Im basically retired. Thankfully he does this in his office. Just trying to keep away from the virus. I have a goal of 5 lbs and treadmill 3x week. Good luck to everyone!
anit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 01:27 AM   #23  
TREEMBBS

Trouble getting a post to stay up today.

3rd time lucky?

Welcome Anit and thanks K Strong and Joy - also for your inspiring example that goal weight can be achieved with effort.

91.2 today so better!
Old 09-09-2020, 08:37 AM   #24  

I'm trying to lose weight at moment too, cause with the confinement I ate too much lol but I can't find a good program.

TweakBox Tutuapp

Last edited by burbigo3; 10-03-2020 at 05:31 PM.
burbigo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 10:46 AM   #25  
Green Tomatoes

Welcome, anit and burbigo3! burbigo3, do you want to set a goal for September? No worries, if you don't. We're happy to have you hang out with us!

anit: -5 lbs
GardenerJoy: maintain below 86.5 kgs
GettinFit: -4 lbs
KStrong: -5 lbs
OrganizedChaos79: -5 lbs
TREEMBBS: -2 kgs
VickieLou: -8 lbs
Old 09-09-2020, 10:47 AM   #26  
Green Tomatoes

Well, I'm getting the maintain part, right. Just meant for it to be a bit lower this month.

September goal: Maintain below 86.5 kgs

4: 86.2 kgs
7: 86.85
9: 86.9
Old 09-11-2020, 02:46 AM   #27  
TREEMBBS

Hang in there Joy you aren't far off the mark xx

I'm maintaining but not losing really! So be it, better than the alternative.
Old 09-11-2020, 03:23 AM   #28  
TREEMBBS

burbigo3 welcome too.

Start small if you can't find a program that suits by changing some habits and pay attention to portion size (says she who needs to do the same!)

Good luck
Old 09-12-2020, 01:43 AM   #29  
TREEMBBS

went for a walk today before some rain.

Trying to be mindful with food choices today.
Old 09-12-2020, 10:05 AM   #30  
Stay Strong!

S/C/G: 289/167.6/154

Height: 5'6"

Happy Weekend everyone!

We've got another tropical system headed our way. It looks like we will be on the "bad" side again so should be a good bit of rain and wind. Not sure how my electricity will hold out as it has been so temperamental lately even on a calm day so if I disappear, y'all will know why.

I'm on Day 70 of my 14 Week Challenge AND I'VE BEEN SO GOOD!!! This may be a record in all my years of fighting this battle in the consistency department. My scale hasn't been as nice this week and has been giving me upticks for no reason whatsoever. After the lovely first week whoosh, I'm almost back where I started on 9/1. I did get my almonds and cheese daily snack back so my body apparently doesn't care for this or the planets haven't aligned correctly even though my calories have still been below or on the low end of my "calorie losing range". I was just thinking yesterday that this is the first time EVER that I'm not looking forward to a day that I can blow it all. Yes, I'd like to have a drink (or three) of adult beverages, but I still don't want to indulge in any off plan mixers. I'm still craving sugar and carby things, but ironically none of those things are on my list when my challenge is over. Who is this person???

NSV: My measurements have gone down a smidge and are about or lower than they were at my century low of 170 (last year). I feel strong especially for 50-something and have been consistent with my strength training for more years than I can remember. I may never get this last 25 pounds off to be at a "normal" weight, but I will never give up on trying.
KStrong is offline   Reply With Quote