3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   September Weight Loss Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/319343-september-weight-loss-challenge.html)

gardenerjoy 08-29-2020 11:55 AM

September Weight Loss Challenge

It's a weird year for back to school, but let's see if we can summon of that new year energy, anyway, to meet our weight goals in September.

Join the September Weight Loss Challenge to set your goal, track it, and meet it -- with the help of a supportive and encouraging group. All the goals will be compiled into a list. As each goal is met during the month, it gets turned RED in celebration.

This thread is for weight loss goals. For your exercise goals, check out our sister thread: September Exercise Challenge

VickieLou 08-29-2020 03:53 PM

Thanks for starting this thread, GardenerJoy! Good Luck, Everyone!

SW: 171.2
CW: 171.2
GW: 163.2

Updated my monthly weigh in on 9/6/20.

OrganizedChaos79 08-30-2020 08:29 AM

This will be my first month... I've been mentally gearing up. I have 50-60 lbs to lose. *sigh* For my first month, I'm going to set a goal of 5 lbs. HOPEFULLY it'll be more, but I have an autoimmune issue and my body never reacts the way most people's bodies do.

gardenerjoy 09-02-2020 10:53 AM

KStrong: I appreciate your thoughts. It's a tricky business figuring out what works for our own brain and bodies -- and it isn't always the thing said in the last book I read or diet guru that I heard. All that advice, put together, is a mass of contradictions, so I give myself permission to choose the things that work for me.

GettinFit 09-02-2020 02:11 PM

Gardner Joy: How are you? I will join in this month. This will be a nice challenge to motivate me to get to onederland this month.
Start weight: 237
Current Weight: 201
Goal for Sept: 197
I hope everyone has a great month

GettinFit 09-03-2020 09:56 AM

Good morning everyone.

KStrong: Congrats! on your new low!!

My weight today is 198.8 I have not been at this weight in a few years. I'm so happy to be back in onederland!

Have a great day everyone :)

Candidcamster 09-03-2020 05:43 PM

Way to go KStrong! My weight has been bouncing around, today I came in at 289.6 or something like that, then I slept a bit longer than intended and weighed myself and it’s 288.6, I am more looking at the end of the year than the month and hoping to be in the 260s by year’s end.

gardenerjoy 09-04-2020 10:38 AM

Welcome, everyone! And, congrats to everyone who is already off to a great start in September! I'll make our goal list this weekend.

September goal: Maintain below 86.5 kgs

4: 86.2 kgs

gardenerjoy 09-05-2020 06:36 PM

Welcome, everyone! Does anyone else want to set a goal for September? We'd love to have you!

GardenerJoy: maintain below 86.5 kgs
GettinFit: -4 lbs
KStrong: -5 lbs
OrganizedChaos79: -5 lbs
VickieLou: -8 lbs

TREEMBBS 09-07-2020 03:40 AM

Yes please! I am a bit late wandering in but desperately want/need to get back into the late 80's (talking in kgs too Gardenerjoy, delighted to see someone else do so)

SO! Current weight 91.4kgs
September goal weight 89.4kgs
so a 2 kgs loss over the next 3 weeks or so until end of September
(approx 5 lbs?)

My story in brief: My absolute goal past that is to get back into the late 70 kg mark which is close to my ideal weight of approx 76 kgs.
It has been a LONG time since I have seen that - a part thyroidectomy sees weight loss hard for me.
In 2019 and 2020 I I have dropped from up around 98kgs (4kgs of that this year so far) so making some progress but slowly.
I am a bit stuck at the moment so I will see how I go with this challenge by reporting in and gaining some support

Thank you in advance xx

gardenerjoy 09-07-2020 09:33 AM

Welcome, TREEMBBS!

GardenerJoy: maintain below 86.5 kgs
GettinFit: -4 lbs
KStrong: -5 lbs
OrganizedChaos79: -5 lbs
TREEMBBS: -2 kgs
VickieLou: -8 lbs

gardenerjoy 09-07-2020 09:33 AM

Oops! I'm going to need to be a little more attentive for a few days.

September goal: Maintain below 86.5 kgs

4: 86.2 kgs
7: 86.85

TREEMBBS 09-07-2020 09:20 PM

Thanks for the welcome.

Not the greatest of starts in that I noted my weight this morning was up on my starting weight but I will still stick to that start weight. Thanks GardenerJoy

I KNOW the reason, it was Father's Day here on Sunday and H did get a few edible "naughties" and though I have only helped him out by eating the odd one or 2 I am someone who just can't handle "extra" in the way of anything involving sugars or fat.

Didn't panic though, ate a good breakfast of steamed rolled oats, canned pear/no sugar, yoghurt on top and cinnamon sprinkled on all and hope to keep up the healthy, mindful eating all day. Lunch will be salad, a little bit of protein and a piece of fruit. Aiming to have vegetables and some sort of fish for tea, don't mind just cold tuna slices with my hot vegetables. Then I will avoid my H's Dad's Day stash particularly the chocolates and honey roasted cashews....

I will "weigh in" on Sundays so 1st weigh after start will be September 13th (Australia)

Good luck to you all in your endeavors

GardenerJoy

GettinFit

KStrong

OrganizedChaos79

VickieLou

PS I hope you won't get sick of me "reporting in" as I tend to need to keep accountable a lot!

gardenerjoy 09-08-2020 10:14 AM

TREEMBBS: Feel free to report in as often as you like! It helps us all when folks are more energetic in this thread.

anit 09-09-2020 12:59 AM

Fingers crossed

Hi. I’m hoping to get back into healthy eating. I’d lost 30 lbs and have gained 16 back since the pandemic forced us home more. Husband is now working from home. I’m basically retired. Thankfully he does this in his office. Just trying to keep away from the virus. I have a goal of 5 lbs and treadmill 3x week. Good luck to everyone!