Old 06-20-2019, 11:05 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 267.4/179.6/150

Height: 5'7"

Default Summer to Autumn Challenge 2019

Inspired by boopchick's challenge last Summer, I now bring you the Summer to Autumn Challenge, which runs from Friday, June 21st until the first day of Autumn, September 23rd

Whether you are looking to lose weight or maintain, all are welcome. Feel free to join in at any time.

Post your starting and goal weights and your weekly progress on your day of choice.

I'm really in a rut right now, so hoping for some extra motivation to get back on track.

Feel free to join me again in the spreadsheet: Summer to Autumn Challenge
Lacerta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 11:19 AM   #2  

I'll post my starting weight tomorrow.

I've been stuck in maintenance mode for the last few weeks. I can't say I'm plateaued, because that would mean that I'd been eating at a deficit and not losing. I haven't. I've been eating at maintenance. Not a terrible thing, but doesn't make the scale move, either.

To make my 2019 goal, I needed to lose at least 10 pounds per season. I beat that in Winter, and looks like I'm going to end up right in the ballpark for Spring. So I know it is possible, just need to step it back up again.

So therefore, I'm going to set my summer goal at 175.0. That would actually leave me just 7.6 pounds to go in the fall to reach my end of 2019 goal. Last time I was in the 170s was nearly 20 years ago, around the time I got married.
Old 06-20-2019, 05:01 PM   #3  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

Thank you for getting the next seasonal challenge started, Lacerta! I've been waiting for the other one to end so I could jump back in now that I'm back (again) after another fall-off. Ideally, I would like to get back down to where I was as soon as possible, but that is still 35 lbs away...so definitely not the most realistic goal for a single season, even with whatever amount of bloat some of those pounds might be. That said, I'll still shoot for 20 lbs which should land me at 177.8 with today's weigh-in. Still ambitious, especially considering that there will be 3 birthdays and a small staycation with family visiting thrown in during the challenge, but I'm okay with setting the bar a little high if it keeps my head in the game. Best of luck to everyone who joins!

SW: 197.8
GW: 177.8

I'll go ahead and add a ticker for this challenge in my signature, as always.

opheliaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 07:21 PM   #4  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/120/118

Height: 5' 3.5"

Ok, i'm back in. Thanks Lacerta!

This challenge takes me nicely up to my Dolomites trekking holiday (in fact i'll be away on holiday at the end of this challenge).
I"ve put a few lb's on since my lowest, and whilst i'm still happy, I don't want 'the creep' to keep happening.
I tried to lose a couple this last few weeks but I've just not been consistent enough and I've found it really really hard. I've been eating great food and exercising heaps for 80% of the time, but 20% of the time i'm scoffing too many rubbishy calories and basically it's just maintenance behaviour, so surprise surprise I haven't dropped any. This means it's more important than ever to stay where I am at least, because I seem to have lost the knack of losing easily.

I was 114.0 this morning, but that's a bit lower than it should be as I was a bit dehydrated from Steps training last night, but i'll take it! My target is not to gain, so an end-of-challenge weight of 114 or under.

On sunday i'm off to Germany for work for a week, and the week after i'll catch up with family in UK, so there's another 2 weeks out of the norm. Then i'm home for 2 weeks then away working in Melbourne for a week, then I need to go to India for a week (date's still not fixed), then I have a ski holiday in New Zealand 10-16th Aug, and a camping weekend 17/18 Aug, then I set off for the Dolomites 1st September. So basically i'm very excited to be having so many trips and holidays in the next 3 months, but it means I need to be careful not to indulge with everyone else by going to the bar and eating too much etc when i'm away, which i'm not sure i'm in the mood for really. Hence joining this challenge!!
It's really going to help me with enjoying the trekking if I've not put weight on. I'm all over the fitness side at the moment and really enjoying doing quite a bit of that, so my metabolic rate is good and I can actually eat well without putting weight on - It's just the unnecessary eating/drinking thing...………..
So. I can do this!
ange82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 10:32 AM   #5  

Welcome both of you.

Ophelia, I went ahead and added you to the spreadsheet. Our end of season goals are very close. I set mine lower, but I bet you pass me by
ange, I do awful when I travel, and you seem to always be on the move. I don't know how you do it. Kudos

My weigh in today wasn't a new low, but it was the lowest I've seen in about 2 weeks, so that was nice to be moving the right direction again. I hope to have a very good weekend (I tend to do better on weekends than weekdays), and finally, maybe see a new low by the end of the month. I've seen the 183s twice so far, but couldn't hold on to them.

Old 06-22-2019, 12:27 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Happy summer everyone!

Lacerta, thank you for keeping the seasonal challenges going. I'm back again. I've added my name to the spreadsheet. Like opheliaphoenix, I was waiting for your next challenge. I get into challenges and due to my own issues with weight accountability, fall behind only to let the opportunity pass me by. I'm setting a what I think is reasonable 20 lb. goal. I think I will when/if I see the scale begin with a 1 rather than a 2.

Here' to a successful summer
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 02:05 PM   #7  

My autumn to winter starting weight was 304, I just put my summer to autumn goal at 195, I can't believe it! The thought of having a 1 in front of my weight is mind blowing lol I crossed the 200s probably around 5th or 6th grade so I don't even remember being in the 100s in my entire life. I know this is a slow process but I'm getting so excited!

Good luck everyone!
somedaysunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 04:52 PM   #8  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacerta View Post
Ophelia, I went ahead and added you to the spreadsheet.
Oops...you're right, I totally forgot about adding my stats to the spreadsheet!! Thank you for fixing that for me, lol.

opheliaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 04:44 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 194/ see ticker /115

Height: 5'3

Thank you Lacerta for starting this thread!
Good luck everyone! Hope you have a wonderful summer

SW: 136
GW: 123

Hoping to lose 13 pounds in the 13 weeks!
kifli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 09:50 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

Hi all!
I'm jumping back in after being away from the site since 2013! I have managed to keep off 40 pounds since that time, but I'd sure like to go down more, so I'm joining your challenge.
CJZee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 09:53 AM   #11  
Ashley

S/C/G: 286.8/235.4/160

Height: 5'8

Hi everyone! I’d like to join this challenge, as well! I normally just end up doing the 5 LB challenges, which keep me motivated for a while, but then I end up falling off and losing accountability. Checking in on this site really helps with accountability and motivation! I’m hoping that being involved in a longer challenge with help stay on track. I’ve been doing a low calorie and low fat diet, which has been pretty successful so far as I’m down about 30 pounds since April. I need to stay on track and stay focused especially now that summer is here and bonfires and BBQs are a regular occurrence, lol. My goal is to lose 27 pounds during this challenge, which will put me at my pre-wedding weight (from 1.5 years ago) and the lowest I’ve been in a long time!

SW: 262.0
GW: 237.0

Good luck, everyone!
Farn0057 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 11:33 AM   #12  

I must have been bloated Saturday from my cheat day Thursday, I had a good little whoosh over the weekend. I'm so excited seeing so many people joining this season!

I decided to start selling my clothes that are too big for me on Poshmark and I made my first sale this weekend! Good things are happening lol

Last edited by somedaysunny; 06-23-2019 at 12:04 PM.
somedaysunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 07:49 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 291/265.5/133

Height: 5'3"

I didn't finish the last challenge but it did give me something to aim for. I'll have to add my starting stats tomorrow after I've weighed in but I'm aiming to lose 10 pounds.
Newlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 10:15 PM   #14  
(they're flowers)

S/C/G: 174/*ticker*/125

Height: 5'4''

I'll join! It'll keep me accountable, especially because it's been a hot minute since I've done one of these!
Atarimae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 11:35 PM   #15  

Welcome everyone! It is amazing to see so many people want to participate this summer. Good luck to all!