Old 08-15-2019, 11:46 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 267.4/167.6/150

Height: 5'7"

So I wish I could say that the bump on the scale the last two weeks was from working out, but that wouldn't be true. The first week I was up was because of working out, but then my life sort of went off the rails and I had a perfect storm of stress stuff at work, and then fractured my wrist to boot. So I haven't been working out at all other than walking, and have just been stress bloated. But I'm happy to say that I saw my first new low in a month today and am looking forward to moving down through the 170s for the rest of this season.

Lacerta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 12:08 PM   #47  

I had a pretty bad cheat day last week so my weight stayed the same, it was worth it though lol this Saturday is my next 5K, I doubt ill beat my time from the last one but we will see!
somedaysunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 04:47 AM   #48  
(they're flowers)

S/C/G: 174/*ticker*/125

Height: 5'4''

Haven't really been around to chat - hope all is well! The first couple weeks with the new littles have been kicking my backside!

Admittedly, I'm glad to be seeing drops, despite some cheats here and there! Although, I think it's been decided to just ensure proper meal prep during the week, but also be able to 'enjoy' my weekends without overindulging! Hopefully this is something that can be maintained!
Atarimae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 10:18 AM   #49  
Chubby bunny

S/C/G: 285/189/Ticker

Height: 5'6"

somedaysunny What did you do to prepare for your first 5k?? I've never done one before (even in my fit & thin days). I'm trying to train for one now and it's still several months away.
shellofself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 06:21 PM   #50  

shellofself You know, I really don't remember lol I did my first one last December. I think I just walked the treadmill, I got to where I could do a mile in 15 minutes if I really pushed it and then I said I was ready. I finished in about 56 minutes my first time. I went to the gym 3-4 times a week and all I did was cardio equipment. I didn't train for the last one or this one so it's going to be rough lol Aside from not training, my regret from the first one was only doing 1 mile on the treadmill. Once I hit a mile I would quit. My endurance poops out after 2 miles and it's really tough for me in the races. After Saturday, my next race will be late December and I'm going to train for that one! lol Good luck!
Old 08-25-2019, 08:53 PM   #51  

I didn't beat my time this 5K, BUT this wasn't a flat track which I wasn't expecting at all! There were tons of hills! It only took me 2 and a half more minutes though with the added hills so I'm proud of myself! I definitely would have beat my time if the track was flat! My next 5K is in a month and I AM going to prepare for it lol I am so sore today it's hard to get up and down lol
Old 08-30-2019, 02:01 PM   #52  
(they're flowers)

That's so awesome sunny! Sounds like your fit goals are going very well for you!

Stopping in right before I leave for work. I'm still trying to find a consistent schedule to fit in some screen time, but after a long day with the kiddos (or faculty if it's a meeting day), I'm just too drained! Lol. On the plus side, the stress and tiredness doesn't affect the way I eat...especially since I've still managed to batch cook on the weekends toward the week's meal prep. Hopefully this can keep up all school year.
Old 09-08-2019, 01:27 PM   #53  

Atarimae Thanks!

I slacked going to the gym this past week, school has been super overwhelming, I just can't find time to go.
Old 09-08-2019, 03:23 PM   #54  

Way to go everyone. We still have at least 8 people sticking with it, which is a lot for this far into the season. I'm thrilled to see so many doing so well this summer and staying in the right mindset.

We are down to the last couple of weeks of summer, and while I'm almost certainly not going to make my goal of 172.4, I actually originally set my season goal at 175. I very possibly will make that, at least. I'm reasonably happy with my loss rate, as I feel like it is a sustainable way of eating, and I'm already at the lowest weight I've seen since college, or about 20 years, so of course it is going to be slower from here on. I can accept that.

I've started doing more strength training and stretching and am working to shift my goals away from the scale, more toward fitness (not always succeeding, but working on it).

I will be posting an Autumn challenge as we near the end of this one, so watch for that.

Oh, and somedaysunny, you should update your signature. on getting to Onederland and go get your new wall decor.

Last edited by Lacerta; 09-08-2019 at 03:25 PM.
Old 09-11-2019, 10:52 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 287/221/149

Height: 5' 5"

I've been traveling for 3 weeks and just weighed myself at the doctor's office. I'm still 229! Even though I haven't lost any weight since I've been gone, I haven't gained any either. I'm going to call that a win!
CJZee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 12:38 PM   #56  

CJZee: I would DEFINITELY call that a win. I always gain when I travel. Way to go!

Last edited by Lacerta; 09-11-2019 at 12:39 PM.
Old 09-11-2019, 01:32 PM   #57  
(they're flowers)

Inputting on Wednesday as usual! I'm in total shock that while I'm going slow and steady this challenge, I've lost nearly 6 more pounds since my wedding in July! While part of me wishes I started sooner, the other part of me is just proud that the journey didn't just END on wedding day. With two more weigh-ins left before final, I have a chance to meet my 150 goal, which is awesome. I almost ALWAYS overshoot goals, and I am one who prefers multiple mini goals over one unobtainable one.

Everyone is doing so well. It's great to see many people still updating!
Old 09-11-2019, 03:32 PM   #58  
Stay Strong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bg124 View Post
I'd like to join also. I'm only about 20 lbs from my goal but I have been fighting the same 5 lbs for a couple of months. I'm going to put a weight goal in the spreadsheet for accountability but at this point I seem to be battling just to keep from gaining.

My first goal is to maintain. Harder than it looks!

Any loss will be a bonus.

Today: 175.5
Goal: 163.5
Edited Goal: 169.9
Update: With 2 weeks left, not looking promising for even the mid way edited goal, BUT I have kept 120 lbs off and that has been incredibly hard even being faithful to my plan 98% of the time. So, with that said, I met my first goal (to maintain).

Wishing you all the best of luck on these final weeks. Y'all are doing fantastic!!!

Last edited by KStrong; 09-11-2019 at 03:34 PM.
KStrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 06:31 PM   #59  

bg: I'd say maintaining is ABSOLUTELY a win. Even more so at 120 pounds down. Way to go.

Atarimae: Great job keeping it up after the "target" of the wedding was done with. That's something most people can't (or at least don't) do. You are so close to goal.

Last edited by Lacerta; 09-11-2019 at 06:32 PM.
Old 09-15-2019, 01:05 PM   #60  

Lacerta I've been looking around for a while for my wall and I haven't came across something I like, but I definitely will eventually lol my mom got me 4 balloons to celebrate lol

Last edited by somedaysunny; 09-15-2019 at 01:47 PM.