Old 08-01-2018, 10:44 AM   #16  
motivational guru wannabe

S/C/G: 205/205/185 by spring

Height: 5'4"

August Goal: 6 pounds
Start Weight: 185.6
Week One
01: 184.1 I'll take a drop right off the bat!!!
02:
03:
04:
05:
06:
07:
----------------------------
Total Loss for Week One:

Week Two
08:
09:
10:
11:
12:
13:
14:
Total Loss for Week Two:

Week Three
15:
16:
17:
18:
19:
20:
21:
Total Loss for Week Three:

Week Four
22:
23:
24:
25:
26:
27:
28:
Total Loss for Week Four:

Bonus days
29:
30:
31:
Total Loss for Bonus days:
Total loss for Entire Month:

Riestrella - That sounds like so much fun! I love theatre - especially with a twist. Good job on the soda!
Darius - I think we were on a thread together in the past. Welcome!
Momtopands - congrats on the new decade!
Okay, running out of time! Everyone have a great Wednesday!

Last edited by boatingmommy; 08-01-2018 at 01:50 PM.
boatingmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 11:00 AM   #17  

Hi everyone!

SW: 184
GW: 179 (-5 pounds)

01: 184
Raining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 11:11 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 175/158/145

First day of August. Great to see you here. It's raining outside, so I worked out with my zumba video inside. The stretches helped my neck pain so much.

Last edited by yangtzer; 08-01-2018 at 11:12 AM.
yangtzer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 11:14 AM   #19  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Not much to report on yesterday! Had a bad mental health day, meaning I just felt really drained/unfocused so I didn't get much work done. I have yet to make an appointment with a psychiatrist, purely because our insurance is barely accepted anywhere. I'm sad that the medical/insurance system here is so broken. The UK was only slightly better and while Japan's system was the best I've experienced they don't know how to deal with mental health over there yet. Also, the fact that I had a slight inflammation in my gums and thought about buying a ticket back to the UK to get it checked (because I don't have dental insurance) is sickening! Luckily a salt water rinse seemed to do a world of wonders. Anyway, enough serious talk

I was super proud of myself for resisting the urge to snack at night. I felt really hungry, but I knew that it was far too late to eat + I had already eaten enough in the day so I said NO! JUST GO TO BED! It worked . I'm also coming onto my period (possibly another reason I had an unproductive day yesterday) so I'm happy that my weight seems to be flittering around 184 lbs and nothing higher than 185 lbs. So far! Today I'm gonna workout and keep on trying my best for the month ahead!

Starting Weight: 185.3 lbs

Week One
01: 184.8 lbs
02:
03:
04:
05:
----------------------------------
Avg Weight for Week One: 184.8 lbs
Total Loss for Week One: 0.5 lbs

Spoiler

Week One

02:
03:
04:
05:
Avg Weight for Week One:
Total Loss for Week One:

Week Two

06:
07:
08:
09:
10:
11:
12:
Avg Weight for Week Two:
Total Loss for Week Two:

Week Three

13:
14:
15:
16:
17: Vacation
18: Vacation
19: Vacation
Avg Weight for Week Three:

Week Four

20:
21:
22:
23:
24:
25:
26:
Avg Weight for Week Four:

Final Days

27:
28:
29:
30:
31:
Avg Weight for Final Days:
Total Loss for Final Days:

August Starting Weight:
August Final Weight:
Total August Loss:
Lacerta - Congrats on the drop already!

boatingmommy - I'm gonna assume you meant 184.1 not 841.1 lbs Congrats on the loss already, a great start! And thanks!

Last edited by Riestrella; 08-01-2018 at 11:16 AM.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 11:20 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 157/155/140

Height: 5'6"

Wink

Good day everyone

I'm back this month. I have been doing research on healthy eating, and why your not losing weight, eat this and not this kinds of things and it's very confusing. One site says if you want to lose weight eat x,y,z and the next site says if you're not losing it's because you're eating x,y,z which is what the other site said eat! ugggg! I'm going to stick with the 5:2 and eat what I'm used to and back off the fried food.

I'm going back home for a week mid Sept and I would like to lose some weight before I leave. My big problem is not the eating part but the drinking. We go to the beach to watch bands a lot and so I always end up having more that I should with my friends. I try not to have anything before 4:30 and have a water between, but when I do the calorie counter I'm always surprised by the total. My demon to tackle along with the weight. I'm working on it.

When we were in our last country I was able to get down to 147 so I know I can do it. We just didn't socialize as much as we do here. I just need to socialize differently.

CW: 155
GW: 150

Good luck everyone
wantochange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 03:16 PM   #21  
Shorty getting fit

S/C/G: 162/132/119

to the new faces, and welcome back to the vets.

SW: 138.6
CW: 138.2
GW: 136.1

I went clothes shopping today and actually got a few items that I really like! I don't usually have the patience to try on many things, but today I made myself, and it paid off.
Chunkahlunkah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 04:39 PM   #22  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

gardenerjoy: I forgot to thank you again for getting another month's thread up and running for us in my initial post, so THANK YOU!

boatingmommy: How exciting! I've never been to Disney, but I think I'd be just as excited as the kids would be to go for the first time, haha. I hope you're able to make some great progress before your trip!

Chunkah: Best of luck with your move next week!! We just did a big move last summer, and I know it can be tough on the routine. And, yay to finding some new clothes that you like!

Riestrella: I love the idea of your upcoming trip! I was able to successfully surprise my best friend ONE time with an unannounced trip back home...I was even talking to her on the phone as I pulled up in her driveway, telling her that my mom was coming by to pick something up. (She was still living in our hometown at the time and they know each other well, so it wasn't odd or suspicious.) The look on her face when she realized it was me instead of my mom was PRICELESS. It was one of the best days ever, and she was thrilled. I hope that your trip to see your friend goes just as well! Also, the concept of that play you went to sounds both hilarious and like a lot of fun, as well...I wish we had something like that around here! (P.S. Good job avoiding your own Snacknarok -- it's tricky sometimes! )

To everyone else, both regulars and newcomers alike, I'm glad to see you all joining in for August!!

-----------------------------------------

Back up a bit to 169.2...however, with the first day of TOM showing up, I guess that isn't very surprising. I was also a little low on the water yesterday, so going to focus on that to combat the bloating today. After I finish my coffee, of course...lol. I hope you all have a great day today!

Week One
01: 169.2 - (tom)
02:
03:
04:
05:
06:
07:
Total Loss for Week One:

opheliaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 07:41 AM   #23  
Struggling Member

S/C/G: 325/...../220

Height: 5' 11"

Hello boatingmommy - yes we have been in monthly weight loss challenges before - glad to see you again!
Also with OpheliaPhoenix; glad to see you again!
Thank you gardnerjoy for always hosting this thread.

I recently started a new diet and walking everyday, trying to prepare for going to an adult fitness camp in Tennessee for 3 weeks; the last 3 weeks of August.
I look forward to going - I have never before been to an adult fitness camp. Well Parris Island but that was over 30 years ago.
darius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 08:42 AM   #24  

So far so good. The kids start school on Monday - it's hard to believe the "summer" is over (especially when it's still so hot out.) I will have two in middle school. They are both starting to act stressed out already. Hopefully it will settle down when we get into a routine. Life is easier in the summer.

Chunk - good luck with the move and new job. That's exciting and stressful!

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Goal - 4 lbs

SW: 144.0
GW: 140.0

Week One
01: 144.0
02: 143.8
03:
04:
05:
06:
07:
Total Loss for Week One:

nicoley73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 09:13 AM   #25  
motivational guru wannabe

S/C/G: 205/205/185 by spring

Height: 5'4"

Good morning everyone! Hope everyone is having a great day! I am on the run, but have planned healthy lunch and dinner. Breakfast was a hard boiled egg, low sodium V8 and cottage cheese. I used to hate cottage cheese, but I'm loving it lately. ...Gotta go! ]

August Goal: 6 pounds
Start Weight: 185.6
Week One
01: 184.1
02: 185.3 UGH!!! Stupid me felt that pizza and a couple of chicken wings was acceptable for dinner last night! Paying today!
03:
04:
05:
06:
07:
Total Loss for Week One:

Last edited by boatingmommy; 08-02-2018 at 09:14 AM.
boatingmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 09:32 AM   #26  
Shorty getting fit

S/C/G: 162/132/119

New low today. I'm now officially 25 pounds down!

SW: 138.6
CW: 137.6
GW: 136.1

Ophelia and nicoley, thank you for the well wishes! A big move last year must've been tough with kids in tow, ophelia! My move has training wheels. It's more like a long trip bc I'll be keeping most of my stuff at my current place and possibly returning here during most school breaks. Good luck to your kids in middle school this year, nicoley. Those last days of summer were so mournful as a kid!
Darius, that camp sounds fun. Walking is a great choice for fitness and weight loss.

for all!
Chunkahlunkah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 09:55 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 395/303/264

Height: 5'4

Smile

Good morning everyone. I am in full sugar withdrawal and the headaches are not fun but it makes me really think about how unhealthy and addictive it is to cause this reaction. I am sticking to fruits and sugar free jello, pudding and popsicles when I was something sweet but no candy. Off to a great start though with the loss though

Week One
01: 278.0
02: 276.8
03:
04:
05:
06:
07:
Total Loss for Week One:

Last edited by Fungirl28; 08-02-2018 at 09:56 AM.
Fungirl28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 10:24 AM   #28  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

Always nice to start the month with a loss.

August goal: -1 kg (reach 99.4 kgs)

1: 100.4 kgs
2: 100.15
gardenerjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 10:30 AM   #29  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Yesterday was ok! I worked out, but I did start wavering towards the end before doing by best to finish strong. Glad that I didn't stop the video altogether, because I was so close to doing that! I had a lot of small snacks throughout the day unfortunately, I'd like to work on making those snacks be healthier. We even have carrots and hummus in the fridge, yet I went straight for the chips. BUT! Despite my small slips I weighed 184.6 lbs this morning, so I'm happy with that.

Looks like the weather here in Atlanta is gonna be stormy for the next week or so unless the forecast changes. Even though I know the summers here can be rainy it always takes me by surprise!

Week One
02: 184.6 lbs
03:
04:
05:
Avg Weight for Week One: 184.7 lbs
Total Loss for Week One: 0.6 lbs

Spoiler

Week One

02: 184.6 lbs
03:
04:
05:
Avg Weight for Week One:
Total Loss for Week One:

Week Two

06:
07:
08:
09:
10:
11:
12:
Avg Weight for Week Two:
Total Loss for Week Two:

Week Three

13:
14:
15:
16:
17: Vacation
18: Vacation
19: Vacation
Avg Weight for Week Three:

Week Four

20:
21:
22:
23:
24:
25:
26:
Avg Weight for Week Four:

Final Days

27:
28:
29:
30:
31:
Avg Weight for Final Days:
Total Loss for Final Days:

August Starting Weight:
August Final Weight:
Total August Loss:
wanttochange - That's the frustrating part about the fitness/nutrition industry - it's always changing. One minute something is good for you the next it's not. I think if you focus on your macronutrients, (Fat, Carbs and Protein) then you should be fine. Avoid sugary foods and drinks such as sodas/alcohol and stick to water. A lot of people like the 20% Fat, 40% Carb and 40% Protein rule, but it's honestly what works for you. It was revealed relatively recently that fat gained such a bad reputation because a study was bought out by the sugar industry, so don't be scared of having fat from things like avocados. "Fat Free" foods are a no no, because they're full of sugar. I think if you need sweetness in your life, stick to fruit. If you want grains, stick to whole grains. There's a lot of little "rules" I've picked up over the years, let me know if you need any help! Good luck trying to reduce your alcohol intake, try the 10% rule! Count how many drinks you usually have on a night out then cut that number down by 10%. Lifestyle changes don't happen overnight, so ease yourself into it gently! Be diligent, set yourself a limit and stick to it! You got this!

Chunk - So happy you found new clothes you like! It's been a while since I've had that feeling! Can't wait to earn it back .

ophelia - That's so cute you got to surprise her! I'm so excited to see the look on her face, it's going to be amazing. She cries when she's happy so I have a feeling she's gonna burst into tears It's gonna be a great few days.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 10:55 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 267.4/179.6/150

Height: 5'7"

Week One
01: 230.2
02: 230.6
03:
04:
05:
06:
07:
Total Loss for Week One:

Not really surprised to be up today. The last 4 days have been a pretty big whoosh, and some rebound off that isn't unexpected. Plus, I don't lose weight during this heavier work schedule time typically anyway. Plus, I was starving last night after my walk, which I never am, so I had a yogurt before bed, because I wasn't going to be able to sleep with my stomach making that much noise. But then I didn't sleep very well anyway. I think I must have still been hungry, because I dreamed about going to a restaurant and waiting hours for them to take my order, and then hours more for them to bring my food. By the time they brought dinner, it was almost time for breakfast. Weird dream.

Sorry, I don't really have the energy to do personals today, but I am reading and enjoying everyone's posts.

Last edited by Lacerta; 08-02-2018 at 10:57 AM.
Lacerta is offline   Reply With Quote