Old 04-22-2015, 07:29 AM   #106  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

So a four pound gain AND a zit on my nose. Welcome to mid cycle. I will not miss all this crap once the parts are out and the hormones stop wreaking havoc on my life. I am very interested to see how things are after surgery.

We received a bunch of crap about all the stuff we need to do IF we want to try and keep our current. It is BS and it is all taking place during my leave. It is sad, but I am ready to take my chances and let them place me in another building. I only have 5 years left, how bad can it be. There is certainly a grieving process knowing you are leaving a building and friends that you have had for 17 years.

Good new, weight is already back down 2 pounds with the passing of mid-cycle.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 09:40 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 253.2/215.2/140

Height: 5'6"

Sorry my night shift threw me for a loop and I took days to recover. Quick personals then weed goal

Esofia I don't think I am familiar with your conditions. Sometimes we call things something different in the states. Do whatever exercise your body allows. As far as water goes I have a 20 oz mug that I try and fill 5x's. That meditation app sounds great. I struggle with meditation and only do well in yoga.

kris: I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo super duper proud of you on the smoking. My Fil is still not doing great. His pt is coming along slowly as he cant do much on his own with him having some confusion. The 2 hrs a day are coming along nicely. I am doubting we will get him home in the next 2 weeks which is a huge issue. Sorry to hear your FIl isn't doing well.

Jeni: congrats on the Fitbit. I really need to get wearing mine again. Glad to hear sports are good. Try to carve out time for yourself.

Mindy: sorry about the mid cycle issues. Dirty trick having the mandatory training when you are out on leave. I think as hard as it is maybe a new building will be better for your last 5 yrs.

Mavis:yum on the fish with mustard cream sauce. Share the recipe if you can.
soon2beskinnyCarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 09:43 PM   #108  

So finally out of my sleep deprived funk. Felt good to get moving today.

Weed for tomorrow:
W: 100 oz
E: walk in am hopefully. Maybe sun salutations
E: ?1500 dinner out again
D: need to get my diet in gear. May juice again.
Old 04-23-2015, 05:41 AM   #109  
Calorie Counter

Just a quick note today~ 8 miles a day. That is my average at work. On Tuesday (my day off) I made sure that I got in 8 miles as well. DH is taking tomorrow off so we can have a day together.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 07:04 AM   #110  

S/C/G: 128/127/110

Height: 4'11"

Kris - yes, well done on the smoking! A good friend of mine has just quit, and they are looking so much healthier already.

Another good friend of mine has just had to go into hospital due to a worsening of her mental illness, so here's hoping they sort her meds out quickly and she'll be feeling better soon.

ME is sometimes called CFS, sometimes called CFIDS in the US, and is actually pretty common. But it doesn't get much research and there's no treatment for it, so people with it get little to no medical support, and often no social support. It's a neuro-immune disorder affecting all systems of the body. The most notable symptom is profound fatigue and muscular problems (and there are muscles everywhere, including your bladder, your eyes, all sorts of places), all made worse by any exertion. Often you crash two days later, which is really hard to work around, so that's where the Fitbit is really useful! It's one of the most disabling conditions out there, and it knocks about 25 years off your life expectancy. Um, yeah, cheerful stuff. I've had it since 1997, and while I've generally deteriorated a great deal over the years, it's not been getting past a certain level for a couple of years now. Though I do wish I was a bit stronger, back to where I was last spring, when we could go out for walks several times a week. Anyway, I wasn't looking for a commentary or pity or anything, just wanted to let you know since people were wondering what it was.

I am managing meditation more regularly again! Also I did my forty minutes of lying on the Miracle Ball and doing stretches while listening to a radio play the other night. Old Harry's Game, very silly. So weeding is evidently helping me stick to good habits. Plus I'm still doing leg exercises while brushing my teeth, which has the bonus effect of making me actually brush my teeth for longer, though I might have to give that a rest for a day or two.

Speaking of weeding, do other people here have gardens? If so, I'd love to hear about them! We don't, just a common area out the back which is mostly gravel, but there's a local park we love that's very close by. We went there with the cat and a friend on Monday, first time I'd managed a walk in ages, and it was shut for building work! So we walked around it, with the cat getting up on her back legs to look wistfully through the fence every so often. How could anyone deprive her of her garden!

I am also making progress on the dinosaur quilt. I am embroidering some dinosaurs into the background. The time-travelling triceratops is done and I'm half way through the iguanodon. I have that quilt at my partner's flat, and at my flat I have a little wall-hanging I'm making for his sister as a rather belated Christmas present. We had a wheelchair trip out to a bigger local park the other day, my partner brought his dulcimer and I brought the wall hanging, and we sat there with him playing and me stitching. Lovely weather, place absolutely covered with students.
Esofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 07:31 AM   #111  
mtiger

Wink

A little more weight gone...back down to 178.8 Hoping to get in a walk tonight. Since surgery is coming up fast I have had to forgo most meds, including my anti-inflammatory. I am really feeling it in my arthritic knee. Walking is about the best I can do right now. I also need to get my blood drawn. Fun Fun. Hope there is time for that walk.

Kris- Hoping the not smoking is going well. I have faith in you. You are a strong woman.

Esofia- Sounds like something a co-worker is dealing with. She has actually had to retire from work. Very weak and can't do much. Don't know if that was her diagnosis though. Sounds very challenging and you just do what you can.
Old 04-23-2015, 09:18 AM   #112  

Mtiger - ouch, that sounds painful! I have very little I can take for pain as well, it's not good. Are cold packs any good for you? I found a great one recently, that has such a big wrap-around part that I can actually use it on my back. There are some good points to being this short! Best of luck with it all, anyway.
Old 04-23-2015, 08:38 PM   #113  

Esofia: I have heard of cfs, I must have been too tired last night to figure out the initials. I remember going to a conference and I think ribose was a supplement that helped.

Jeni: wow 8 miles, no wonder your tired on your days on!

Mindy: sorry about the knee.

Kris: hope the no-smoking is going well.

Mavis:

Weed review:
W: 80 oz
E: walk 10 minutes at lunch/ 35 minutes tonight
E: fail 2700 calories, however I recalled all.
D: I need to get back to planning
Old 04-23-2015, 08:41 PM   #114  

Weed for tomorrow:
W:100 oz
E: walk in afternoon hopefully an hour, maybe wood
E:1500 plan food!
D: I must get diet and exercise in sink. My april goal was to break 210. Sadly I am still at least 9 lbs above that.
Old 04-24-2015, 12:15 AM   #115  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Evening ladies!

Still no smoking! FIL is getting out of the hospital tomorrow and hopefully he will stay away from it too.

Jen - have your dad try mini lozenges. I tuck one in my lip like chaw and let it dissolve there. It is how I quit last time, and has been working magic this time.

Esofia - so glad being here brings some accountability to take care of you. WEED has been on this thread way before weed became a way of life for the country. We kinda hope people pop on do to shock value, then realize its not what it seems, and stick around either way! As for gardens, oh lady am I on a garden mission. Hubby built me an awesome garden box and we have a ton of stuff growing! Tomato, peppers, strawberries, cucumbers, onions, cantalope, corn, snap peas, watermelon, cilantro, jalepenos... ah... I cant wait to harvest.

Gotta be rude and run. I will be back in the morning to catch up more. my dad is here and I need to go visit. Have a good night girls!
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 07:14 AM   #116  
mtiger

Wink

Meetings all afternoon and no workout make for a little weight gain. I MUST get to the gym tonight. I have been Very lax about this since spring break. If the weather would stay nice I would be outside, but not in 40 degree weather.

Last edited by mtiger; 04-24-2015 at 07:16 AM.
Old 04-24-2015, 07:37 AM   #117  

My weight was up a bit last I checked, but I'm on tramadol which makes me constipated, so it's harder to tell. I'm sticking to the diet, so I'm sure it'll be fine in the long run. And slow weight loss is stable weight loss, after all.
I have been getting some new clothes! Smaller trousers, which actually fit this time (it's hard at my height), and some lovely tunics from Nomads Clothing. They are quite cleavagey and my partner is most appreciative!

We have A Smell, which was all over my flat when we came in Monday night from my partner's, but which now seems to be the drains in the kitchen. The drains which I had rodded a few months ago, and poured heavy duty drain unblocker down on Tuesday. The council reckon it'll be coming from a flat downstairs. That'll be a fun conversation, the letting agency for that flat is weird. Anyway, right now I have my steam cleaner heating up. It could be worse, at first we thought there was a dead mouse in the wall behind the kitchen units or something. But it's not great timing, since I'm having a walk-in bath installed on Monday.

Last edited by Esofia; 04-24-2015 at 07:41 AM.
Old 04-24-2015, 08:38 PM   #118  

Personals tomorrow:
Weed review:
E: 40 min walk/15 min hike/ 15 minutes wood
E: 2403 in ugh. Exercise was 500 calories off so only 120 above but I like a negative balance by at least 400 calories. I have to be in control over the weekend and plan. As today I failed.
D: must pull head out of rear.

Weed for tomorrow:
E: walk 60 minutes minimum
E:going to try for under 2000 calories/ grocery shopping for healthy food
D:
"Always remember, your focus determines your reality."
— George Lucas

Last edited by soon2beskinnyCarma; 04-24-2015 at 08:41 PM.
Old 04-25-2015, 01:08 PM   #119  
Calorie Counter

Morning ladies. I had a nice workout with my love yesterday, and going to head back for more today. Then baseball practice with my boy. I got myself a mitt so I can help out more. THEN I get to shoot hoops with my girlie. I don't have burners right now so I am going to be relying on my crockpot for dinner this week (new ones will be here next Thursday). I am really tired today for some reason, but I bet I will find my energy while I am working out. My goal is to get in 8 miles (or 20000 steps) on my days off. I was only at about 7 yesterday, but I did do like 50 floors thanks to my workout. The baseball practice is only a couple of blocks from my house, so I will definitely be walking today!!
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 05:47 PM   #120  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

A day late, but I'm back

FIL released yesterday. I had to pick him up and take him home. He is like a freaking new man. Better than I have ever seen him health wise. He is not wheezing and not stopping to catch his breath every 4 steps. Its a miracle. And he handed over his tobacco, roller and papers when we got him back home. I'm super proud of him!

To all you ladies - Thank you for the no smoking cheers! I'm on day 8 and feeling good, so no major death threats in my house as of yet. Now my dad, who was supposed to stay here a few days, has decided he's here two weeks. My hubby is a little burnt out on it, but hasn't turned to nicotine either to kill the stress. WE are in good shape so far.

Carma - Hope your FIL is moving in a positive direction, and gets to head home soon. Sounds like we are both struggling with staying on track this week. Let's lock arms, get to it, and get it all in MFP. I'll get back there tomorrow and challenge you to a POP day JUST TOMORROW. One day at a time. You in?

MTiggie - My sweet girl. That damn job of yours. You just smile and heap coals on their heads. They don't get to win and steal your joy. You are too close and have worked too hard. Try to love those kids and give them a teacher they will never forget, despite the potential relocation. I have to admit, I laughed at the Zit on your nose report. Forgive me?

Mavie - Where are you? I'm worried. Gonna IM you.

Esofia - bummer on the unidentifiable stink. That is never fun. The walk in bath, however. A bath at all sounds fantastic. Does that help the CFS?

Jen - You make me tired. Don't know how you stay full steam ahead all the time, but I'll say it again; Your kids are blessed with great parents. Keep rocking it, sister. you and your eleventy bazillion steps a day.

It's 65 degrees here and we are expecting some much needed rain. It has been reduced to being called a "passing evening shower" now which means we probably won't see any water and I should probably go water my garden. Hope you girls are doing well and enjoying the weekend. Check back later!
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote