3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   W.O.W. Women on WEED - Marching to Memorial Day! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/303027-w-o-w-women-weed-marching-memorial-day.html)

Nixmom 03-18-2015 11:04 PM

W.O.W. Women on WEED - Marching to Memorial Day!

Women on WEED!!

All are welcome, newbies, old friends, doesn't matter as long as you want to support each other's journey to a healthier place!

For any newbies, the traditional copy and paste:

Women on... WHAT??

Okay, let me explain that "Women on WEED" is not what you might be thinking. During previous challenges, a group of us formed a great bond, and we've been challenge buddies ever since. We use the word "WEED" as a mnemonic device to set daily goals, an easy and very specific way to remind yourself during your day to take care of your body, and to nurture your Mind, Mouth and Muscles... it really does help. After all, we are all taking this a day at a time, right?

If you join this challenge, you will see it often - and you are encouraged to give it a try. Here's what it stands for:

W - Water intake. Set a daily goal for how much water you're going to drink. Although there is conflicting research as to how much to actually consume in a day, we all agree it is important to drink lots to stay healthy. So make it a goal!

E - Exercise. Efficient, healthy weight loss isn't going to happen unless you incorporate some kind of physical activity in your life. Everyone does it differently; some go to the gym, some work out at home, and some find ways to sneak in little bits of exercise all throughout the day. Set yourself a goal, even if it's small. Little bits done often WILL add up over time!

E - Eats. Being that we all have different eating plans and weight loss philosophies, this is sort of a wild card. Whatever plan you're on, set yourself a plan-appropriate daily eating goal for the day. Don't forget to make it specific!

D - Daily goal/Daily affirmation. This is another wild card. It doesn't even have to be weight-loss related! This is the spot where you list something you want to get accomplished. Or, you can use "D" for a a daily affirmation - it's an opportunity to say something good and positive about yourself. Sometimes, when we fall short - and we ALL do sometime - we are tempted to berate ourselves. Although it's good to recognize when we don't reach our goals, it's also good to remind ourselves of the awesome parts of ourselves. So go ahead and remind yourself of that in the "D" part of WEED.

Well here it is! Jump right in, tell us about yourselves, your goals, your home lives, your healthy plan, etc. We LOVE newbies! And we LOVE our regulars! Welcome back!

Nixmom 03-18-2015 11:12 PM

Kris here! Time to kick off a new thread! Tell us about yourself and lets get going to a better, healthier you!

I'm a workaholic wife with 4 awesome kids and a great hubby. 44 is around the corner and I am determined to change my ways with the help of all the returning WEEDERS and hope to get the chance to have some new peeps join the gang! I have 70 lbs to lose, but try to focus on a 5 to 10 lbs loss each challenge. So far, the weight has not gotten the hint to split.

I joined nutrisystem months ago and have been less than committed but that's all about to change. Hubby, who is the cook, refuses to feed me until the MONTHS of NS food are gone. :o

I would love to celebrate success and shoulder struggles with anyone ready to jump in. Let's do this!

soon2beskinnyCarma 03-19-2015 05:47 AM

Carma here. 43 yr old mother of 2 from Connecticut. I have a 12 yr old boy & 10 yr old girl and have been married 20 yrs this May. I managed to lose 50+ lbs in 2013. Dealt with the death of both our mothers that year. In 2014 I gained 47 of that back due to injury to a knee and battling depression. I am a registered nurse who works cardiac rehabilitation and sometimes I fill in to critical care. I am a calorie counter and walker who wants to return to jogging this year. I do yoga classes weekly to keep my sanity. So far in 2015 I have lost 25 lbs. goal for this challenge is another 15lbs.

Weed plan:
W: 80 plus oz/day
E: 30 -60 minute walks. Yoga at least weekly. Get weightlifting.
E: 1400 calories a day average.
D: I am a lifelong stress eater. If I can retrain my brain and learn to meditate maybe I can break out of the 200's and get to no longer 0bese at 185. No longer overweight at 154.

mothermavis 03-19-2015 05:53 AM

Hey all! I'm Wendy, aka Mavis! I will be 49 in June. Ugh! Married to my HS sweetheart, we have 2 grown sons. One is still home, the other is across the country working.

I am a carb craving, insulin sensitive typical middle aged menopausal Momma. I know I need to avoid sugar because it sets me binging, but about every 5-10 pounds I seem to set the spark off and binge back to heavier than I started and start my cycle again. My WEED ladies have been my support thru lot of life challenges. Kids woes, job woes and the loss of my Dad and my MIL. I love you lades and can't imagine not being here.

I work two jobs, both extremely stressful and run our home and my FIL's as well. (He is 90+)

I'd like to lose about 40 pounds, but I am going to start with 5-10 at a time too. I tipped the scales at 165 this morning, that really irritated me. I'd like to see 140's for Memorial Day!

mothermavis 03-19-2015 06:08 AM

Kris, I got your back!
Eat that NS food!!

Carma, you rock!

OK, day 1 completely back on track!! Help me ladies!!
Tonight I start mentoring the 5k group toward a mid May race goal! Also need to fit in my own workout!

W 100 no excuses. At least 50 with no flavor/Crystal light etc
E running with the above group and w7 c210k run too. 100 crunches this morning!
E POP, no vending machine, no candy of any sort, no nuts! Take some crunchy snacks to work.
D Bigger snacks mean bigger slacks. ~Author Unknown ;)

mtiger 03-19-2015 07:27 AM

Hi everyone. My name is Mindy and I am the elder of the group. Going to be 55 this year. I have two kids, two step-kids and two grandkids. Seems we like to do things in pairs. I teach 4th grad in an urban district in trouble. It is extremely stressful. My menopausal activities also cause me great angst. I have lost 70-75 pounds given the day but have been stuck in the 170's for quite a while. Hoping to change that soon.

Carma- You are rockin'

MM- You will be a great mentor. I see your workouts now on MMR.

Jeni- I sent a request to add you to my friends on MMR.

Kris- Start using MMR and we can all see what each other is doing.

Nixmom 03-19-2015 09:12 AM

Hello Thursay!:carrot: or Thriday as I will now call it! 4-10 work schedule.... Meet Kris. I am DONE giving my job my life. Up early this morning to pull my positive vibes from you all! This is the earliest I have been up in months! Couldn't wait to get here!

You chicks are awesome. Did you know that? I smiled at the reintroductions. I can't wait to see everyone back. I really hope we see some new faces too!

Lots to do today at work but I am ready to focus and get the priorities attended to.

Mtiggie - I will be on MMR before the end of the weekend and I will log a walk! 170's ae outTa here for you this challenge sister. Gone. 1 day at a time. Let's get back to basics and chose to control what we can and not let the rest rent space in our head. Stress is your biggest enemy with that scale. Spring is days away and it's time for renewal.

Mavie - what's up with the tinker bell? I am going to do it, come heck or high water. Keep up that running program! Week 7 is awesome! Thanks for helping everyone get here!

Carma - still so amazed at your 25lb drop. I can't imagine the change you've seen. Continuing to follow your lead! Totally agree with your lead and looking forward to incorporating meditation myself!

Jen, Emi, and all you other chicks reading this ..... GET HERE! Jump in where you are and let's do this together!

W - 80 oz, building to 100
E - 20 minutes a day. Something!
E - this should be easy, Kris. NS. Log it. Don't waiver.
D - you are enough and your are worth the hard choices

jcatron243 03-19-2015 11:27 AM

Hi Everyone! I am Jeni. I have two kids, 11 yo girl and 9 yo boy. I have been married 13 years. I work an odd schedule, 12 hour shifts 4 on, 1 off, 2 on 4 off, 1 on 2 off. . . . . . . I am not a nurse but I am on my feet almost the whole 12 hours of my shifts.

Last year I lost 40lbs, then gained it all back after July when I started some medication. I am starting over again, It will be tough but I can do it. I am focusing on what I am eating right now, and skipping the calorie counting.

W~I will drink 64 + ounces a day.

E~ Workouts: Only on my days off. I have the heart of a runner. I will get my stamina back! My basic workout plan is to spend 35 minutes of cardio and 25 of weights. Following a good routine of incorporating all of my muscle groups!

E~I am focusing my attention on what I am eating instead of how many calories. My lose/gain pattern shows me that I haven't learned enough HOW to eat healthy, just how to restrict myself. Green Smoothies!!! I have been and will continue to drink my smoothies! I love them so much.

D~OK, here is the thing I do want to lose weight. I Have a date in mind that is my "goal end" date. But there is no end. So my true goal over the next five months is to find a good combo of healthy choices with working out, that isn't going to end at my vacation/anniversary but it is going to follow through for the rest of my life.

Craziness is happening right now! Basketball AAU girls grades 5-6, AAU boys 4, 5, 6. I am a team mom, which has turned into "the business side of basketball". The coach has a ton of wants, and 0 money. He really needs to get his stuff together and get us a tax ID number so we can fundraise. Makenna (11yo) asked if we could practice lines after school, she really wants to improve and I will do what I can to help her. BASEBALL~this will be our first time playing. Practices will start mid April for us. Luckily the league is established so I don't have to worry about the business side, just volunteer to help when I can. Crossfit Kids: has been on hold since the coach had a baby last month. Tommy (9yo) is going nuts not going. Luckily for him I got a weight bench :)

jcatron243 03-19-2015 07:53 PM

"It isn't a choice, its a commitment" I told my daughter this about basketball yesterday when she didn't want to go back ( after a really tough practice on Monday).

It isn't a choice, it is a commitment.

With this in mind I put the mind out of my brain and I ran 3.18 miles (treadmill today).It was definitely slow, but it was steady and it felt so good! I was so worried that I wasn't going to be able to do it, I didn't try. No more of that ladies!

soon2beskinnyCarma 03-19-2015 07:59 PM

Jeni: hope the hectic pace starts to slow soon. Track season will start in April for my son.

Kris: I would love to say the 25 lbs is so much of a difference but when it is the same weight you have lost before it gets frustrating. I just keep looking at my smaller clothes I was able to fit into. I love your thriday.

Mindy: hang in there and keep the faith.

Mavis: love your d. Way to go on week 7.

Weed review:
W:96 oz
E:walked x2 one 35 minute, one 20 minute.
E:1640
D: one day at a time determined to get a good nights sleep in. Need to find my skinniest clothes for tomorrow's weigh in,lol.

Weed for tomorrow:
W: 100 oz
E: walk hopefully twice. Will depend on when the snow hits.
E:1300 have to be good Friday/Saturday as Sunday is mystery food.
D:
"Dwell on the beauty of life. Watch the stars, and see yourself running with them."
Marcus Aurelius

Have a great Friday, I will see you tomorrow.

mothermavis 03-19-2015 11:28 PM

I HATE it when I write a big long post and it disappears into never never land!

Speaking of never never land.....14 months ladies, Next May.

Kris, I am defintely running it and I am staying with you if the offer is still open. I am jealous of your 4-10's

Jeni, holy crap those kids are busy!! I remember those day!

Carma, good luck at weigh in tomorrow!! You've done awesome!!

Mindy, your runs are going awesome!! Those 170's will go soon!!

OK 11:30 PM, 5 comes early!! Good night!!

jcatron243 03-20-2015 05:50 AM

Good morning!!

MM~I am going to work hard at getting myself ready!!!

Carma~ Coach wants Mak to join Track. I will have to call around to find out when it starts for 6th graders.

Kris~ Get that NS going!!!!

Mindy~I thought you were already a MMR friend. I did accept your request.

Yesterday I made a healthy snack shelf in my fridge. It is right at eye level, pre-cut, washed, and ready to go!!! DH and I have no excuses!!! It will make fixing school lunches easier on DH too!!

W 64 oz
E just a lot of walking at work
E keeping it healthy! yogurt, smoothie, soup, veggies, home made peanut butter energy bite, chicken and veggies.
D Commit to myself, commit to my health, NOT committing to the scale.

mothermavis 03-20-2015 06:54 AM

Hey ladies! Hope all is well!

Quick fly by! Knee is sore this AM, so I passed on the AM class. Will do more this evening if possible.

W 100
E Weights tonight, upper body and abs
E POP
D Friday!!

mtiger 03-20-2015 07:31 AM

Morning....not feeling great today. Feeling lightheaded, pretty sure it is some sinus stuff going on. Didn't make it to the gym last night because we needed to get hay for the horses. Once a week we get a big ole round bale and then we are set.

Hopefully I will feel more stable later so I can get to the gym tonight. My foot has been hurting so I think I am going to walk a bit and ride the bike. Then it is shoulder time. 179.4 today. Been here for a while now. GGRR!:?:

soon2beskinnyCarma 03-20-2015 07:42 PM

Quick review of my day then I will do personals in separate post so I don't lose them like Mavis.

So I believe I mentioned in the past that my husband and daughter clash in a huge way. My son is more easy going. My daughter is more in your face. Of note my husband and his Mom didn't get along well, she and her dad etc. several days a week I go to work for 0545. So my husband is in charge of getting the kids off. My daughter is also not a morning person. This morning apparently my son and husband were watching a show before they had to get up. My daughter came in to our room to cuddle with my husband as Zach was already doing it. My husband said that she couldn't cuddle because it took her a while to get ready. He then proceeded to watch tv/cuddle with my son for 15 extra minutes. Gets up to find my daughter dressed, watching videos but hadn't brushed her hair. Apparently he got in a screaming match with her. Not uncommon. There were threats to take her to the barber to cut off all her hair.
Long story end. I talked to my husband before getting home from the store. He told me that he and Gabby we're going to see Cinderella and eat at Panera bread. So my husband who is apology challenged was actually trying to right a wrong that he did. I am in shock that they seem to be turning a corner on their relationship. I have wanted this to happen forever, and said as much to both of them.
So 2nd big deal of the day. I weighed in at 220.2 this morning. Losing 4.6 lbs this week. My coworker lost 2.6lbs bringing the weight loss to 10.41% me, 10.38% loss him? I am actually winning :carrot: if I can stay strong and exercise daily a minimum of 30 minutes daily and keep my diet at 1200-1400 daily all but one day which no more than 1800. I weigh in next Friday then Wednesday April 1st. I am in the works of figuring out a juicing diet that will go on Friday night through Tuesday. That should help counter the 2 night shifts I picked up.
I think I can do this. Woot.