Old 02-10-2013, 05:58 PM   #121  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Oh boy, oh boy!! The scale said 174.4 today. That is a new all-time low. I did a huge happy dance this morning. Now to just keep it going.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:25 AM   #122  
mtiger

Wink

so not eating much must be working. Around 1,000 calories yesterday plus the gym. Today....173. The last time I saw that number I was on the way up.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:36 PM   #123  

Height: 5'3"

Mindy - awesome! Keep it going!

Still here, trying to figure out some health stuff lately. My naturopathic MD suspects I may be in the early stages of insulin resistance and sensitive to wheat so getting a bunch of tests done, elimination diet...fun stuff :-). Haven't hopped on the scale lately...suspect it's around the same as before. I'll try and read back to see how everyone is faring.
emiloots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:45 PM   #124  
3rd time's a charm!

S/C/G: 320/295/130

Height: 5'7"

@Mindy I know you are excited to be losing, but it might be time to learn about macro nutrients and the basic needs of your body!

Macro nutrients is calorie counting on steroids! Google it, you'll eat smarter and you'll feel better about eating 1200-1500 calories when you know how your body is using those calories. You'll also learn why 1000 calories doesn't help you lose weight faster.

You could also look at metabolic burn rate. I learned that my body, in a day, burns 3000 calories doing nothing. To maintain this weight, I have to eat 3000 calories a day, which is easy to do with cake/ice cream. To lose weight I can eat as much as 2000 calories and do moderate exercise 3 times a week, and I would loose about a pound a week...until I get to a size where my body only needs 2000 calories to maintain, then I could decrease food and/or increase exercise.

Learn more, and you'll work out smarter, and eat smarter toward your goal.

I am retaining water while my muscles recover from workouts, so the scale is not my friend. Then, I forget to step on the scale after a water release day... Saturday is the 9 mile workout and I am SO ready! I love this training!

W: Needing to increase due to training.
E: Exercise is going great, on plan, reaching my goals, burning huge numbers! Last week's daily average was 600 calories!
E: Portions are good, nutrition is good, appetite is under control. Hunger is increased due to increased activities even though I'm at 1500 calories per day. Protein is the bulk of it, but the rest is vegetables. Fat and carbs are at all time lows!
D: To get something you've never had, you must do something you've never done.
Espressowhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:32 AM   #125  
mtiger

Wink

Still in a little shock this morning. Scale said 171.6. Holy cow. I guess what I am doing is working so I am sticking with it until it ceases to work anymore. Today is weigh-in at school. Hope to win a few dollars.

Espresso- I have looked into so many different things and found out how much I should eat. It is a ridiculously high number and when I eat that much I don't lose. I think I have a very stubborn body and now that I am getting so close to goal it is even harder. Around 1,000 calories is working right now and I don't feel hungry. Maybe that's just what my body needs. ???
Old 02-14-2013, 05:28 PM   #126  
3rd time's a charm!

It seems the WEED part of this thread got lost.

Everything's going great. I did 4 miles today, tomorrow is a rest day and 9 miles on Saturday with the group! I can't wait!

W Water, water, water.
E Food is good, although I had some pasta last night - yuck.
E Feeling the Boot Camp cross training from Tues. evening
D Working through, not washing out with, doubt
Old 02-14-2013, 09:17 PM   #127  

Mindy - woot! Keep up the good work!

Espresso - awesome job keeping up with the training!

Going for a massive amount of bloodwork on Tuesday then I have to start my elimination diet...no wheat, corn, soy, dairy, red meat, pork, processed anything, sugar etc... It should be fun But I do seriously need to figure out whats going on with my body so hopefully it'll be worth it.

W - water & tea...that's it!
E - step up the walking routine with a little walk/run in there
E - eat 'normally' until my tests, then elimination time
D - plan ahead more!
Old 02-16-2013, 08:51 AM   #128  
mtiger

Wink

up a little today 173.6. I am blaming my mid-cycle gain for it. Give it a few days hopefully. I need to drink more water on the weekends. I do really good when at work...not so much at home. That is my goal for this weekend.
Old 02-16-2013, 10:03 AM   #129  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

I'm back!
W 100
E C25K, was good
E POP
D Focused on little....big will take care of themselves
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:01 PM   #130  
3rd time's a charm!

That boot camp last week was too much on top of the ever increasing workouts and I was too exhausted to complete the 8 miles on Saturday, but I managed 6, so it wasn't a total loss. Took two days off (instead of one). I hope to be back in the saddle and do the 9 miles next Saturday.

The scale isn't moving (still), but my dress slacks are sliding down and I don't feel as uncomfortable as I did 3 weeks ago.

@emiloots There are a lot of foods I never eat anymore as a result of the awareness created by eating only unprocessed foods. It won't be half as bad as you think, and reintroducing foods will teach you a lot about your body.

W: Having trouble keeping up this weekend.
E: None of the workouts are less than 60 minutes anymore, the only tricky part is finding time to do them.
E: Dad wanted the "chicken helper" meal tonight, which ruined my appetite and made me super grumpy to waste good lean meat like that. I will make a salad with a protein drink when he clears out of the kitchen. What a waste of food.
D: Keep your head down and fly low.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:39 AM   #131  
mtiger

Wink

This is when I start to get mad. I have done so well and got down to 171.8. Today 175.2. Now why?? Still eating the same, maybe it is less water, which I have a hard time with on the weekends. Could be I didn't go to the gym for 2 days. Well, I am back on my normal schedule today so we will see what happens.
Old 02-19-2013, 08:45 PM   #132  

Bloodwork done...15 (I'm not kidding) vials later. Start my diet tomorrow, I'll miss my daily latte the most

Mindy - hope things even out for you, the fluctuating scale can be so frustrating!

Espresso - thanks, between the bloodwork and the diet hopefully we can figure out whats going on. Great job with the training, keep it up!

W - 100+ oz
E - Walk/Run for 30 min.
E - The diet (insert dramatic music)
D - You've got this, this elimination diet will be difficult, stick with it!
Old 02-20-2013, 08:30 PM   #133  

W - 100+
E - Gonna be difficult, hubs is traveling so I'm flying solo, I'll try and fit something in
E - On Plan
D - Remember to take measurements, if I don't see pounds hopefully I'll see inches

White knuckling it here, hopefully the cravings pass quickly and don't hang on forever.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:38 PM   #134  

Still here, still on 'the elimination' diet - I did suck on one gummy bear today other than that completely on plan. Water's been good, feeling OK other than a persistent headache. Hope everyone is doing well!

Tomorrow's WEED:
W - 100+
E - honestly, probably nothing we're booked solid!
E - On plan
D - Time to start knocking some things off the list (I'm really good at making non-work related to do lists, no so good and doing them though)
Old 02-22-2013, 08:18 PM   #135  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

I have started over so many times I can't count, I am still determined to get back on track. Reloading some awesome workout music to my phone and gonna commit to myself. Exercising for at least 20 minutes 6 days a week? I think I can
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote