3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   WOW Women on WEED Jump start for New Year Challenge! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/270403-wow-women-weed-jump-start-new-year-challenge.html)

mothermavis 11-23-2012 07:00 AM

WOW Women on WEED Jump start for New Year Challenge!

Women on WEED!!

For any newbies, the traditional copy and paste:

Women on... WHAT??

Okay, let me explain that "Women on WEED" is not what you might be thinking. During previous challenges, a group of us formed a great bond, and we've been challenge buddies ever since. We use the word "WEED" as a mnemonic device to set daily goals, an easy and very specific way to remind yourself during your day to take care of your body, and to nurture your Mind, Mouth and Muscles... it really does help. After all, we are all taking this a day at a time, right?

If you join this challenge, you will see it often - and you are encouraged to give it a try. Here's what it stands for:

W - Water intake. Set a daily goal for how much water you're going to drink. Although there is conflicting research as to how much to actually consume in a day, we all agree it is important to drink lots to stay healthy. So make it a goal!

E - Exercise. Efficient, healthy weight loss isn't going to happen unless you incorporate some kind of physical activity in your life. Everyone does it differently; some go to the gym, some work out at home, and some find ways to sneak in little bits of exercise all throughout the day. Set yourself a goal, even if it's small. Little bits done often WILL add up over time!

E - Eats. Being that we all have different eating plans and weight loss philosophies, this is sort of a wild card. Whatever plan you're on, set yourself a plan-appropriate daily eating goal for the day. Don't forget to make it specific!

D - Daily goal/Daily affirmation. This is another wild card. It doesn't even have to be weight-loss related! This is the spot where you list something you want to get accomplished. Or, you can use "D" for a a daily affirmation - it's an opportunity to say something good and positive about yourself. Sometimes, when we fall short - and we ALL do sometime - we are tempted to berate ourselves. Although it's good to recognize when we don't reach our goals, it's also good to remind ourselves of the awesome parts of ourselves. So go ahead and remind yourself of that in the "D" part of WEED.

Well here it is! Jump right in, tell us about yourselves, your goals, your home lives, your healthy plan, etc. We LOVE newbies! And we LOVE our regulars! Welcome back!

eryn s 11-24-2012 07:48 PM

Hi, I'm Eryn. I go between posting on the 3FC boards, lurking and ignoring them altogether depending on how well my diet is going! I'm seriously stuck on my last 15 pounds which I've gained and lost more times than I can count. I've resigned myself to the fact that I will not be able to make it through christmas without gaining a few pounds so I'd like to really put a lot of effort in and shift 8-12 pounds in the next 4 weeks so that even if I do gain a bit over christmas I'll still weigh less by New Years than I do now.

Tomorrow:
W: 1.5 litres
E: Anything! Just need to get moving!
E: Stick to the meals I've already planned out
D: One step at a time...

Quiet Ballerina 11-24-2012 10:55 PM

I love this! The name is absolutely adorable. Since it's already 11pm it's a little late to do it today, but I'd definitely like to join in.
Sunday, November 25th
W: 8-9 full glasses of water
E: 30 minutes minimum exercise
E: Follow my eating plan
D: Daily affirmation: I choose to stay on track!

Grazer 11-25-2012 03:19 PM

Hi there, it's been a while since I joined you ladies in a WEED Challenge. I've been losing and gaining the same pounds for a long time. Maybe getting back here will get me on track!

WinterStorm 11-25-2012 03:58 PM

Is it possible to become addicted to challenge threads?

Well, anyway, it's a little late to WEED my garden today, so tomorrow's WEED:

W: 2 liters
E: walking for at least 30 minutes
E: 1600 calories
D: one day at a time, one meal at a time

See ya tomorrow!

westcoast rosa 11-25-2012 08:42 PM

Hi all. I just finished the Biggest Loser Fall Challenge today, so I'd love to join!

My name is Rosa and I am from British Columbia, Canada. I am 30 years old, have a super cool fiance and a fabulous 4 year old daughter. My background is in social work and I am a counsellor in a program for at-risk/high risk pregnant and early parenting women.

I started this journey on June 19th of this year and I am never looking back. I feel like a new woman!

Monday

W: 3.5 litres (4 litres)
E: 30 minutes elliptical or treadmill; 30 minutes weight training (done)
E: approx 1500 cal; as much whole food as possible; pre-planned snacks (calories were good)
D: I rock! (yes I do!)

Tuesday

W: 3 litres (done)
E: 30 minutes core training (nope...didn't feel well)
E: approx 1500 cal; stick with planned meals (pretty much)
D: Over half way there! (heck yes I am!!)

Wednesday

W: 3.5 litres
E: 30 minutes elliptical or treadmill; 30 minutes weight training
E: no sweets today...no matter how small
D: Stay focused

mothermavis 11-25-2012 09:02 PM

Love to see all the new faces and welcome back Grazer!

Monday plan
w 100 oz
e c25k and 8 minutes abs
e OP, Ideal protein w alternatives
d was supposed to be on vaca, not happening but can use the days next year for my Virginia Beach vacay in late May

wanna be down 40 by then, so about 10 pounds a month. Can do!!!
BBL this week to tell y'all a bit about me, introduce yourselves if you'd like.

I am 46, two kids, one just moved across the country for work and one here in college add to great hubby, 2 extremely crazy jobs, caregiver for FIL and a house, adds up to STRESS!

Quiet Ballerina 11-26-2012 11:59 AM

I'm not sure how we go about updating, so I'm sorry if I do it incorrectly. :)
Sunday I did pretty good.
W- close, but I don't think I drank a full 7-8 glasses
E- didn't work out as planned.
E- check! Ate on plan, stuck to calorie limit
D- check!
-------------
Monday, 26th:
W: 2 cups down so far, 5 to go!
E: Me. Treadmill. 30 minutes. No excuses!
E: eat on plan today
D: Think positive!

mothermavis 11-26-2012 09:06 PM

Ballerina, no right or wrong here, update however it makes you happy!

W did great today, same tomorrow
E did the abs, did not get to the run, elliptical tomorrow
E OP, good, keep it up!
D I am worth it!

NurseMichelle 11-27-2012 07:54 AM

Thank goodness a new challenge is starting!!!! I NEED TO BE HERE. I am not the most consistent poster but I come to you with good intentions! I am so happy the old WEEDers keep these threads going so that prodigal children like me can keep coming back to you!

My name is Michelle, 36, mom to Robert (who just turned 13 on Nov 25th!!!! OMG!) and Rachel, 8. I will celebrate 15 years married to Michael on Dec 20th. I am a nurse, and I run a small dialysis clinic here in Ohio. I used to commute which presented its own challenges but now I work MUCH closer to home.

I wonder what my signature says I weigh but I guarantee it is MUCH MUCH higher than that. I think I probably weigh around 320 and I will make my goal for this challenge to be 299. I tend to lose big numbers in the early days of my plans but lose motivation quickly. I work long hours, stress, keeping work/family balanced so I don't make much time for exercise etc but I gotta fix this. I recently went to my family doctor and asked for an antidepressant because I am so tired and unmotivated all the time. What a viscious cycle this all is, I went in because I was increasingly short of breath and wheezy. Plus I am terribly overweight, and I have no motivation to get dressed or DO anything on my days off. Which comes first? Am I tired because I can't breathe? Can I not breathe because of my size? Am I overweight because any exertion makes me short of breath? Am I sluggish because of my size, or my breathing? Well long story short my asthma has worsened so he adjusted my meds for that and I am breathing better. He ordered an antidepressant, Celexa and that seems to be doing something too. In fact I go in today for the follow up appt from the original one three weeks ago to re-check my lung functions and just let him know how I've been. Plus I was supposed to lose eight pounds but did NOT do that. Plus I had my thyroid checked and will find out if that is any contributing factor (which I totally doubt).

And there I go rambling again..... I miss you WEEDy girls. I'm thinking about doing low carb again. I found a lot of success with it back before I got pregnant with Rachel and I think that was the most dedicated I've ever been on a "plan".....plus I really do subscribe to the idea that I get more impulsive with my eating when my blood sugars spike and drop which might be why I haven't had more success on other plans. Glycemic index and all that. So I think I'll do induction starting today. Need to go brush up on where to begin with all that. And need to DRINK my water today.

W: 3 liters
E: try the low carb thang
E: will dress for gym but will settle for getting the whole house including Rachel's room (!) clean.
D: Take it easy on myself, keep it simple. Be accountable. Just for today.

WinterStorm 11-27-2012 09:55 AM

Westcoast rosa: You really do rock! Good going!

Mothermavis: You slammed those goals yesterday --- great work. I look forward to seeing your progress and thanks for starting this challenge!

Quietballerina: The water is harder than I thought it would be. Looks like you have a good start on that today. Keep it up!

NurseMichelle: Welcome to the challenge! Glad to hear your doctor is getting the asthma under control --- that must really make all of this a challenge. Good luck with the housework. I will be with you in spirit as I have overnight guests coming this evening and the house is a disaster!

YESTERDAY:
W: 2 liters YES
E: walking for at least 30 minutes YES
E: 1600 calories BARELY, BUT YES
D: one day at a time, one meal at a time YES

TODAY:
E: walk for at least 30 minutes
E: 1600 calories including a nice company dinner
D: If not now, when?

Purplefirefly 11-28-2012 01:37 PM

Okay, I am working towards a New Year's mini-goal, so I am going to join in.I am adjusting to a new work schedule right now (full-time hours condensed to the weekend on night shift), so my exercise will sometimes be at odd hours for starting the day, and I have to work on a schedule for getting my housework done because I struggle to get it all in with this new schedule.

Here are my WEED goals:

W: 150 ounces (water or green tea)

E: Video rotation at the start of each "day"

E: No fast food or sugary treats

D: Stick to my housework schedule

WinterStorm 11-28-2012 03:39 PM

Hey there, PurpleFirefly --- cool name! You sound like you are ready to kick this challenge and I like your goals. Look forward to watching you WEED you health garden over the next few weeks.

YESTERDAY:
W: 2 liters CHECK
E: walk for at least 30 minutes CHECK
E: 1600 calories including a nice company dinner CHECK
D: If not now, when?

TODAY:
E: walk for at least 30 minutes
E: 1600 calories including a nice company dinner
D: Will power and won't power

mothermavis 11-28-2012 07:12 PM

Nurse Michelle!!!!!! Welcome back!

Purple Firefly, I like the video rotation goal.

Winter, also like the will power & won't power!
Very cool.

mtiger 12-27-2012 01:48 PM

Okay..so I kept going to the old thread and couldn't find a new link. Glad I thought to look it up. I have been missing my girls.

I am 52, a teacher, 2 grown kids a wonderful husband that I married almost 2 years ago. Lots in my life to be thankful for. I have lost 75 pounds over the last 4 years and want to lose about 30 more.

I came through the holidays in good shape (weight wise). I got very sick though. Darn school kids any ways.

Well back to the gym after taking a week off to get well. It was tough, still coughing a lot.

Sw- 177. YAY!!