Old 11-09-2012, 04:00 PM   #61  
Optimistic cynic

S/C/G: 220/209/180

Height: 5'3"

A small victory today: I went to a buffet for lunch and didn't stuff myself. I'm still eating too much but at least it's not off the charts.

Have a great weekend, everybody!
Steph7409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:14 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 217.6/153.2/140

Height: 5'5

^Baby steps! That's really great, it's soo easy to become accustomed to that overfull feeling and think that it's normal.

I had a good today, everything on plan. No bloating, no feeling overfull at any points. That might be the best feeling as a result
xRiotGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:41 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Doing a lot better. This is my 5th day back on track, and hope to keep going, at least to Thanksgiving.

Steph, thanks so much for your input! I'm glad you're doing so much better, too!
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:28 PM   #64  

Yesterday went very well, except for dinner when my sister decided she wanted to go out, so we went to Flat Top. I ate about half of one big bowl of stir-fry, and didn't feel like I couldn't breathe afterwards like I used to eat. So I was proud. I tried to plug as much as I could into my calorie counter, and it seems the only thing that was really effected was my sodium count. Which was way off the chart..haha. Time to start a new week!
Old 11-11-2012, 04:41 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Tonight my hubby and I are going to out to dinner with friends. Hope to continue to stay under 1400 cals.
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:26 AM   #66  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Good morning ladies,

I am sorry that I've been MIA for a a few days. I have been busy preparing for my trip. I haven't been 100% OP but I haven't been as bad as I could have been. Today I am tracking my calories again on Lose It and I'm planning on a workout this evening. I'm happy that the scale has not gone up any and that I seem to be holding steady. I still want to get back down to 206 before I leave next week so I'm giving it my all.

I have been having trouble logging on to this site so I'm tempting to use the quick reply feature and hopefully it will go through. I will catch up on all your posts that I've missed.

I hope you all have a great Monday.

My Journal
B: Banana, greek yogurt, coffee w/flavored creamer
L: Healthy Choice Cafe steamer, SF pudding cup
S: Orange, 100 cal popcorn
D: Progresso Soup, SF Eskimo Ice Cream Pie
Exercise: Firm Cardio Overdrive Express
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:23 PM   #67  
Maintaining since 2013

S/C/G: Sz 20/Sz 8/Maintain

Height: 5'11

Glad to see everyone is doing well!

As for me my eating habits has been weird lately. One day I'm on track but the next day I'm eating more than normal, then I'm back on track. I'm not beating myself up, but I really need to watch it and get back to leaving snacks at the grocery store!

Some good news...the size 14 clothes I bought in September are now officially swallowing me. I decided I'm going to skip buying size 12 clothes and stick to more stretchy items such as leggings and sweater dresses in the meantime. I'm hoping to be going shopping for size 10 clothes in the spring. OMG I would be the happiest person!

Have a great week everyone!
SunnySide99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:58 PM   #68  
Stay Focused & Committed

Congratulations Sunnyside on getting to 12s. I think it's a good idea to wear your leggings & sweater dresses thru the winter and skip buying 12s. You may even be in 8s by spring. You are doing such a good job!

I've sorta been having similar issues and just can't seem to get in and stay in my groove. It's always harder for me around this time of the year. I want so bad to be at 199 by the end of the year.

Tyla - Great job on getting and staying on track.

Steph - Great job on staying in control at the buffet!

So far today has been perfect for me but I just need to keep it together this evening.
Old 11-12-2012, 05:39 PM   #69  

There must be something in the air, I've been having the same problem, too. It's not even binge eating, it's just..I know I could be eating cleaner. Been going out to eat a lot and all that, so I'm hoping that if I just crack down this week, then by next Monday (weigh in day) I'll lose a bit more. Still weighed in a pound lighter today, somehow!
Old 11-12-2012, 09:05 PM   #70  
Optimistic cynic

S/C/G: 220/209/180

Height: 5'3"

Maybe it's the cooler weather and the shorter days that's making it hard for some of us. I've definitely struggled for the last few weeks. I did okay today, though - not too much snacking.

xRiotGirl, congats on the pound down!

GettinFit, when is your next cruise? Where are you off to this time? Here's wishing you luck and strength to make your year end goal!

SunnySide, I mostly skipped the 12s last winter/early spring. I think it's easier to do with winter clothes, since there's usually some layering going on. Once I got into 10s, I didn't want to wear anything loose or baggy anymore! I just gave away a beautiful sweater from Talbot's because it was too unstructured.

tyla, I hope you enjoyed your dinner out.
Steph7409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:30 AM   #71  
Stay Focused & Committed

Good morning ladies,

Yesterday went pretty good for me and so far today has been good.

xRiot - We just have to keep on trying and don't give up and we will succeed.

Steph - For me it is that it's dark when I get home and it's cold in my house when I first walk in. I've not turned my heat on yet and have been using small space heaters. I was trying to not turn it on until the first of Dec. It's been so nice seeing my gas bills lately and I know that as soon as I turn it on, it's going to shoot up:mada: I'm just not much of a night person and I just chill when I get home. Working out is the least thing I want to do. I am going to start walking for 30 minutes on the track at work before heading home. I head down to Florida early next Thursday morning to spend some time with my folks and we sail on Saturday. This trip will be the Western Caribbean stopping at Cozumel, Belize, Roatan & Costa Maya. Last year we stopped at Cozumel and we had lunch at an amazing Mexican restaurant that I can't wait to go back to (I LOVE LOVE Mexican food). They also had the best mango margarita I've ever tasted. I'm trying to not go over 2000 calories each day and like before I WILL do the stairs and go to the gym or the track. Most of my drinks will be red wine (except for the 1 margarita).

I hope everyone else is having a good day so far.

My Journal for today
B: WW string cheese, banana, greek yogurt, coffee
L: Healthy Choice Cafe Steamer, 3 pcs dark choc
S: orange, popcorn
D: Turkey sandwich w/1 sl cheese, cuccumber, SF Eskimo bar
Exercise: walk or Firm

Last edited by GettinFit; 11-13-2012 at 11:35 AM.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:01 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 232/ticker/155

Height: 5'10"

Goodmorning, ladies!! I know I haven't checked in for a while... And honestly it was because I've been bad the whole time. Not bad bad, but bad enough. I haven't worked out in days. I ate out TWICE this weekend. I didn't finish either meal; I only ate enough till I felt satisfied when old me would've kept going until the plate was clean. So I practiced a little restraint, but I still feel pretty bad about doing nothing. I weighed myself this morning and am kinda leery about what the scale told me. According to my scale, I lost 2.2lbs., putting me at 213.6, but I swear that's gotta be a fluke. Still, I'm counting it in my journal.

My problem is that I'm always falling off plan when other people are involved. A friend of mine just moved close by and we hung out this weekend and he wanted to try out the Mexican joint near my place, and I can't say no to food. Usually when I eat there I'll lick my plate clean and go home bloated and in pain. This time, I ate about half my plate before I decided I was full enough. So that's something right?

I'm forcing myself to workout tonight and already have my meals planned for the rest of the week. Here's to hoping you girls have a better week than me!
Lakilaulea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:12 PM   #73  
Maintaining since 2013

Hi everyone -

xRiotGirl - We'll get through this snacking phase! Glad to see you still lost a pound!!

Thanks GettinFit! Have I mentioned that I just love your food plans!? It seems very filling, but low in calories.

Hey Steph - that's good to know you skipped 12's. That was my thought, between laying and wearing winter coats I should be able to through the winter. Oh by the way that recipe I made last week was really good. I'll PM you the link!
Old 11-13-2012, 12:19 PM   #74  
Maintaining since 2013

Hey Lakilaulea! Good for you for posting but try not to feel so bad. Do you have anyone you can workout with once in a while?

I'm not sure if this helps but what I have been going out to eat more that usual these days. What I have been doing lately is requesting a take out box and put half of the food in there before I start eating. That way I just eat what I have in my plate. It took some time to get used to, but I had to tell myself that this is all I'm eating tonight but I can have the rest tomorrow.

So what time are you working out tonight?
Old 11-13-2012, 12:59 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 190.8/see sig/<165

Height: 5 ft 11

Can I join still?

I started this last (and final) weightloss commitment on Nov. 1st. And it's been 13 days!!!! I'm so excited because usually my attempts drop off after day 2-6.

What I'm doing this time.
1. Lifting heavy. I have a program I am following that is all about heavy lifting. SO far I love how its making me feel, and I believe it is the answer for the body I want to have when I am done losing the fat layers.
2. Eating close to goal weight maintenece. I am shooting for eating just a few hundred below my goal weight maintenece calories. This has me at 2040 as my daily goal. I know its alot, but doing more restrictive calorie goals in the past hasnot resulted in weightloss that lasts. This may take me awhile to lose it but I believe that eating close to what I will likely need to eat to maintain will be better for long term. I am basically learning to eat like I will eat for the rest of my life, and I'm doing it from day 1, even in weightloss.
3. Major focus is not so much calories as the types of food I am eating. I am not eliminating any foods forever, but I am trying to add certain foods that I have a goal to eat. I try everyday to get 100 g of protien and eat 10 servings of fruits and veggies. I dont always get to these goals everyday, but filling my meals with so much good food has made it much easier to avoid the bad foods.

This is what I have been doing over the last 12 days and so far I feel really good and its working quite well. I work at a restaurant and for the first time I can remember have gone this long without eating a single french fry! I also focus on trying to eat every three hours (something I cant do while working but focus on doing when I am not at work).

Anyways my OP for these months is to continue to track everything I eat and too stay within the calories and nutrtition guildlines I have set for myself.

As far as exercise, I lift between 4-5 days a week, and cardio at leats 2 x a week. I'm following a prescribed workout program, and it varies slightly on how many workout out days (between 4-6) per week. My goal is to follow it spot on. Weeks of thanksgiving and Christmas the gym wont be open everyday, but I plan to still make all my workouts. I just may need to adjust and do some later than in the program around the holidays.

Last edited by wannaBfitnessbuff; 11-13-2012 at 01:02 PM.
wannaBfitnessbuff is offline   Reply With Quote