Old 12-26-2012, 07:38 PM   #226  
Optimistic cynic

S/C/G: 220/209/180

Height: 5'3"

Hi gals,

I fell into a pit of despair and tried eating my way out but - shockingly! - that didn't work. Like GettinFit, I'm looking forward to getting back on plan and that means MUCH LESS SUGAR. Gah, enough with the cookies!

I've done okay with eating today but am behind on my exercise. My office was freezing today so, when I got home, I crawled under the electric blanket and actually fell asleep for an hour. But I was smart enough to change into my exercise clothes first, so now I just have to get on the bike. Here I go!

Let's end the year on a high note and start 2013 feeling great!

Edited to add: my ticker is not right! I'm giving myself a week before changing it, upward. I'll start the new year by not deluding myself.

Last edited by Steph7409; 12-26-2012 at 07:40 PM.
Steph7409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 07:56 PM   #227  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Steph - I'm with 'ya on ending the year good. We can do it!!! I so want to be down about 40 pounds by spring.

I hope you enjoyed your workout.
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:07 PM   #228  

S/C/G: 232/ticker/155

Height: 5'10"

I'm back. I absolutely lost my mind on Christmas. Actually, it was a weekend long all out anything goes food bender. Not only did I not work out once, I ate an unbelievable amount of food. I told myself I'd work out, but I did the complete opposite. I am so ready for this month to be over. I took the dog on a nice long walk tonight, even though it was icy and wet outside. It actually felt good, even though my forehead was completely numb by the time I got home. I was OP for food today. Tomorrow I'll be back on my Tread Climber.
Lakilaulea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:20 AM   #229  
Stay Focused & Committed

Good morning ladies,

Laki - It's good to have you back too! I hope you and I both make it to onederland very soon. I've set a goal to be there by spring. Great job on getting out and walking in the cold.

Steph - I hope your day ended good.

Last night was very hard for me. I wanted to snack so bad. I gave in to 1 teaspoon of natural peanut butter and that was it. I know that as time goes on, it will be easier at night. So far today has been good.

Today's Journal
B: McD Fruit & Maple Oatmeal, coffee, 1 C skim milk, flavored creamer
L: Healthy Choice Meal, 4 hershey kisses
D: 1 C Chilli, small salad w/ff dressing, 3 Dove Dark Chocs
S: orange, 20 almonds
Exercise: 30 Min Walk
Old 12-27-2012, 03:24 PM   #230  
Stay Focused & Committed

I just survived my first challenge since I've been back OP! I passed on some goodies here at the office and I feel so good that I was strong enough to resist
Old 12-27-2012, 07:44 PM   #231  
Optimistic cynic

S/C/G: 220/209/180

Height: 5'3"

Good job, GettinFit!

I've done okay with food today. Because of the snow, my office brought in pizza for lunch. It had a super thick crust so I pretty much ate only the sauce and cheese. It's a small thing, but I'm trying to eat only what I really want not just what's there. And for dinner, I had a big salad. So far, so good. I'm hoping to not give in to the urge to snack!

I did quite a bit of shoveling today and some pilates, so that's not bad for exercise.

Hang in there, everybody!
Steph7409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:39 PM   #232  

S/C/G: 232/ticker/155

Height: 5'10"

Good job, Steph and GettinFit!! I did 30 minutes of Tread Climber, but didn't have the best dinner, so..... I'm just trying to get back into the swing of things. Not working out for almost a week really threw me off. I know once I get my body used to daily movement again, I'll do better food-wise as well.
Lakilaulea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:22 AM   #233  
Maintaining since 2013

S/C/G: Sz 20/Sz 8/Maintain

Height: 5'11

Way to go with getting back on track Steph, GettinFit and Lakilaulea!

There's not much going on with me. Lately I have been experimenting eating a bigger lunch and a very light dinner on the days I am not lifting (along with a light breakfast and 2 small snacks like an apple or a granola bar during the day) and that has been working well for me since I never get hungry.

Also I have been ice skaking like crazy and this time last year I had to take breaks every 5 - 10 minutes. Now I can go up to 20 - 25 minutes straight without stopping. Not to mention I don't ice skate socially, when I go I go to workout and I sweat like crazy!

Do you all have any plans for NYE? I'm looking forwarding to having a quiet evening at home with my bf. Thought about going out so I can get a new dress (haha) but I'd rather not deal with crowds.
SunnySide99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:42 AM   #234  
Stay Focused & Committed

Good morning ladies,

Good job on working your way back Steph & Laki.

Laki - I'm the same way when I workout, it's a bit easier for me to stay OP with my eating. Stay strong and gradually work your way back.

Steph - Great job staying in control with the pizza yesterday and I hope you survived the snack monster last night.

Sunny - You look great on your avatar pic! You did an awesome job with your weight loss this year. I'm hoping that I can do half as good this coming year. I took lots of before pics this week in hopes that they will motivate me. I'm planning to take a new pic after every 20 pounds down.

I don't think that I've ever been so disgusted with how fat I have become. I think it's because as I'm getting older, most of the fat is settling around my middle and it is so gross to me. I keep telling myself that eating right and exercising is the only way to get rid of it so I MUST fight to stay OP.

I did pretty good yesterday except I did spend a few too many calories on snacks last night. The scale was at 223.6 this morning. I'm hoping to start the new year at 219 so I need to work really hard to stay OP this weekend.

I hope you all have a great day!

Last edited by GettinFit; 12-28-2012 at 09:42 AM.
Old 12-28-2012, 06:18 PM   #235  
Maintaining since 2013

S/C/G: Sz 20/Sz 8/Maintain

Height: 5'11

Aww thanks GettinFit! If it helps, when you said "I don't think that I've ever been so disgusted with how fat I have become" I said something similar to myself right before joining this website because I had enough.

Glad to hear you took a lot of before pics. I wish I would have taken some because I really don't have any photos to compare.

Good luck this weekend!
SunnySide99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:14 AM   #236  
Stay Focused & Committed

Good morning ladies,

Just a quick check in this morniing. I did good yesterday but last night I bought Wheat Thins and I had way too many. Also overdid it on the Hershey Kisses. Right now, I need to omit these things because, I can't control how much I eat. I'm going to challenge myself to stay 100% in control today. I will definitely be getting in a good workout.

I hope you ladies are doing okay.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:39 PM   #237  
Stay Focused & Committed

Hi ladies,

I've started the new thread for Jan. I hope we all have a great month. I am so ready for a fresh new start. This month has been awful for me. I'm really looking forward to a great year and I feel that this is going to be my hear
Old 12-31-2012, 09:03 AM   #238  
Stay Focused & Committed

Hello ladies,

I hope you all are doing well. For anyone who would like to continue this challenge into the new year, I've started up January's OP challenge. I hope you will all be joining in

Today's Journal
B: 3 slices of bacon, 6 oz V8, 1 C skim milk, Skinny Latte
L: Baked chicken breast, asparagas
D: Salad, chicken breast
S: Nuts
Exercise: Walk 2 miles
Goal today: Avoid junk food

Last edited by GettinFit; 12-31-2012 at 09:07 AM.