S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Dec 20, Tues
B= 2 c milk, vits, egg, french toast
L= groundnut stew
D=homemade 'leftover porkchop' paninni, 2 cuties
S= ice cream {TOM related} + 4 Dove
E=none

I think we are done with our shopping also! We bought one last impluse gift for my Mom today. We went to a fancy organic resturant last Wed and they served Community coffee so we bought Mom a bag of de-caf.

Thankfully, Hubby is feeling a lot better now, he's planning on going into work tomorrow.

Tavvy, sorry you are having such a hetic week. Take care of yourself!

Kim, sorry to hear about the ankle. Its so frusterating when our bodies don't do what we expect them too.

Emme, so the little guy is demanding his own way already! Be persistant and so him what good food is!

Tricia, hope you get the job!

Gettin, I know they are cute, and biting off their ears is a lot of fun, but stay away from the Teddy Grahams!
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 09:49 AM   #107  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

Hi ladies!

tavvy ~ See you after the holidays! Hope you have a great holiday season with family and friends.

GettinFit ~ I hope you were able to get your calories in yesterday.

penguin ~ I'm glad your husband feels better. It's never any fun to be sick.

Kim ~ I'm 6w1d...still really early, but I'm just enjoying it because anything could happen at any time...whether it's now or at 36 weeks. I'm not taking it for granted.

Hope you all have a great day!!
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 12:09 PM   #108  
~Kim~

Afternoon everyone, I hope everyone is having a great day.

Went for a jog/walk this morning. When I got back I was talking to my mom about the distance and she knows how far it is to certain landmarks because she bikes. Turns out I probably did just under 3 miles in about 40 minutes. Not horrible. I definitely have to work my way back up to how well I was doing in Maryland. I can't wait to start using the treadmill at my apartments fitness center next week. =)
TooManyDimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 11:55 PM   #109  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

Well, I caught Hubby's stomach bug. I'm sipping pedialyte which someone at Hubby's work said helps, but it tastes like salty sugar water. Good news is I've lost 4 lbs! Bad news is we've pretty much cancelled Christmas, since we don't want to give this to our families. Hubby isn't feeling great and only spent a half day at work. Apparently a lot of people at work caught this and gave it to thier families.

More later...
Old 12-22-2011, 09:06 AM   #110  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

Kim ~ Awesome work on the jogging! It's so refreshing.

penguin ~ That stinks you are sick and had to cancel Christmas!! I hope you get better very, very soon.

I am going to wish you all a very, very Merry Christmas! I start my vacation today, so I won't be online too much between now and January 3rd. I also don't think I will be back for the January thread. I am not focusing on weight loss anymore, so I don't feel that I have any real contributions to make to the group. I will, of course, stop by from time to time to say hello and see how you are all doing. I would miss you all too much if I didn't check in every once in a while! You are all doing so great on your journeys and I wish you nothing but the best of luck with everything! Love to you all
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 01:09 PM   #111  

I'm feeling a lot better today. That pedialyte really helped, but it still tastes nasty.

My parents are going out of town to visit my sis in FL right after Christmas and will be gone about a week so we decided to have our Christmas the weekend after they get back.

Emme, I'm sorry to hear that we will be losing you. Please do check back often and let us know how you are doing, especially with the little one. There's always room for you here! Merry Christmas!

Last edited by patchworkpenguin; 12-23-2011 at 12:40 AM.
Old 12-23-2011, 12:40 AM   #112  

I let my parents made the decision if they wanted to risk coming over Sun or not, but since they were travelling and look forward to this trip for half the year. I didn't want them to get this bug even if they weren't going to travel. It will be a little weird celebrating Christmas after the New Year, but better than everyone being sick.

I decided I was going to change my workouts in Jan. I've been doing med-heavy weights with interval like cardio for a long time and I thought I'd try longer steady state cardio and non/light weight workouts especially for the LB and see what my body thinks of that.

I'm still very tired; I slept late, took a 2 hour nap in the middle of the day then another 3 hour nap after Hubby got home {no reflection on his arrival home from work, LOL} and I'm tired and I want to go to bed already. I finished off the Pedialyte and managed some vegge soup. Frankly, I'm afraid to eat anything more solid. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. Off to shower and bed.

Merry Christmas.
Old 12-23-2011, 09:00 PM   #113  

My computer is being nicer to me these days. Hubby had the idea to delete my old 'shortcut/favorites' link to Chicks and replace it with a fresh one and to start turning the computer 'off/shutdown' instead of just 'sleep' which speeds up loading for some reason,

I was able to see Kim's motivating tranformation pictures. Great job.

I've decided I've been trying to lose weight but have not be very motivated about it. I watch what I eat, and I exercise but although I have been working hard I could do more and work harder, so I've decided to try some new things and see if I can break this depressing plateau, because I'm tired of being here.
Old 12-24-2011, 12:16 AM   #114  

I'm back to eating 'real' food so I have no excuse not to be accountable. I'm taking this 'reboot' to start a new plan of several small snacks/meals a day.

Fri, Dec 23
B=4 c milk, vits
L=1/2 can veggie/beef soup
L=6 triscuit, 3turkey, 1cheese
D=1/3 can chicken, potato, broc, cheese soup with extra broc, pot, cheese {and whatever else Hubby threw in there}
S=breakfast muffin, 1 c milk
E= none, no kidding!

I added up the workouts I did over the past 6 months [85} added to the workouts I did for the previous 6 months {112} for a total of 197. Not bad. I did notice some changes is my workouts over the previous year. Jan-Jun I did mostly weights or cardio but the second 6 months I did more circuit with the cardio/weights combined.

Right = no vomiting!

Regret= I'm just happy to be back to 'normal'.
Old 12-24-2011, 01:06 PM   #115  
There's no fear...

S/C/G: 235/Tracker/140

Height: 5'3"

Just coming back briefly to say Happy Holidays! I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday and gets everything they want.

Aww Penguin sorry to hear about your stomach bug but glad you are recovering and eating real food!
Aww Emme you will be missed! I hope the pregnancy goes really smoothly and look forward to your check-ins

One thing I learned about myself and the weight loss process: it's really hard for me to stay OP with eating and exercising when I don't get enough sleep. I've been eeking by on 6 hours of sleep each night (or less sometimes) for a long long time... I tried to work out last night and was so exhausted and had to turn in early! Now after 7.5 hours I have all this energy! I wonder if it has been the struggle all this time...

One week left in the year, let's see if 8 hours a day makes any difference!

Last edited by Tricia Fierce; 12-24-2011 at 01:07 PM.
Tricia Fierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 07:55 PM   #116  

We were able to take April to the park for her walk. We did fairly well considering. I don't think I'm eating enough yet but I'm still chicken {ha} of eating too much at at time. I am taking this time to try out the several small meals/snacks a day and listening to my body's hunger cues. I slept very late today, but we did make it to the groc store to pick up a few things. I was thinking of trying a little yoga later.

Merry Christmas to you all.

Tricia, I'm glad to hear you figured out the sleep thing. I hope that helps Hubby, I'm trying to get him to get more sleep. After this week and all our naps we should be well rested.
Old 12-25-2011, 12:37 AM   #117  

Sat, Dec 24
B= 2 c milk, vits, 1 slice cinn french toast
L= Jason's Deli 1/3 'lighter' Chicken Club Salad
S= 1/2 apple + 1 TB PB
D= baked sweet potato w cinnamon and butter, grapes
S= 2 c milk, 4 Dove
E= Dog walk at park
Old 12-25-2011, 11:02 PM   #118  

Merry Christmas! Sun, Dec 25
Breakfast = 1 coffee, 1 c milk, 1 slice french toast, maple syrup
Brunch=1/2 apple, 2 eggs, 4 bacon slices
S= 2 pb cookies, handful grapes
E= 20min boxing + 25min treadmill + 6 min stretching

Our electricity has gone off a few times today, but finally came back on and has stayed on. I didn't sleep well last night because I worried about it staying off all day, but Hubby and I has a nice day just hanging out with each other. We watched a few Christmas specials, including one of local HS choirs singing carols which was very nice. Then we started an Iron Chef America marathon, including the first battle of the newest Iron Chef Geoffery. His sous chef was Alex G who also compeated in the ICA contest. Great to be able to rout for the both.

Last edited by patchworkpenguin; 12-25-2011 at 11:11 PM.
Old 12-26-2011, 11:52 AM   #119  
~Kim~

Hey everyone. I hope you all had a Merry Christmas. Mine sucked, but I'm sure that's understood... I did try to make the best of it for my daughter, but internally it's been a really rough couple of days.

I'm still doing good though, probably eating less than I should be, but I'd rather be doing that than over eating. I weighed in on Friday and my stupid period had shown up so I was at 207.4 I took a peak Sunday morning and really dropped the bloat so I'm excited about my next weighin later this week.

I hope you all enjoy the last week of the year. I'm looking forward to 2012. One way or the other a lot of change will be coming into my life. I know there are going to be hard times, but hopefully I can handle the stress and continue with this journey and hopefully finish it by the end of this coming year. =)
TooManyDimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 12:49 PM   #120  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Hello ladies,

I'm sorry that I've been MIA for the past few days. I've had an awful time with my eating and I am not proud of it. It's behind me and I am moving forward and getting back on course. I don't plan to weigh until the 31st and hopefully, I'll be back to where I was. Tomorrow I will start back posting my daily journals.

Kim - I'm looking forward to 2012 too and I hope that we both reach our final weight loss goals.

Penguin - You have been so diligent about posting. Keep up the great work.
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote