Old 12-09-2011, 10:31 AM   #46  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

tavvy ~ How exciting finalizing the look of the house you'll be building. I'm sure it is such a fun experience!

penguin ~ Sounds like the nap was just what you needed ~ I love taking naps when I need them.

GettinFit ~ I hear you on getting rid of things that are easy to eat. I tend to go overboard with some foods, but once they are actually out of the house I don't have a problem, lol.

Thanks for the congrats, ladies! We are very happy, and we hope that this a healthy pregnancy. It is still so early, so I am trying to be as positive and as hopeful as possible. I am really watching what I am putting into my body: no caffeine/pop, no chocolate, no candy, etc. I've read that weeks 4-10 are the most challenging for the developing embryo, so I'm trying to play it as safe as possible! It's forcing me to eat healthy, though, so I can't complain!!
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 10:36 AM   #47  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Gettin, I still have some truffles squirrelled away that I didn't eat last night, maybe I should list that under 'right' but I'm trying to forget I have it!

Emme, how interesting about the first few weeks being so critical??

Tavvy, having a clean slate to design a house must be easy and confusing at the same time. So many possibilites and options!
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 12:28 PM   #48  
There's no fear...

S/C/G: 235/Tracker/140

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone! I just got caught up on everyone's posts and I just have to say a big CONGRATS to Emme on the bun in the oven!

So at my last WI on Tuesday I went up way more than I ever have during this process, which was a bit disheartening but I knew it'd happen. I've been experiencing a lot of stress at work lately and although I haven't really turned to food, the experience of stress, in itself, can be a cause for me to gain weight. I went through this a LOT in law school and it used to derail me completely but I'm determined to NOT fall off the tracks this time.

In my experience the stress weight falls off when I switch things up and find new ways to deal with the stress, so I decided to try WeightWatchers' "Simply Filling" technique for most of this week (no tracking points but tracking intake, sticking to eating foods considered "power foods" to the point of satisfaction). I'm also starting new exercises today, and putting a lot of focus on my job hunt.

FYI - WeightWatchers just made some simple but powerful changes to the program and so it's a great time to join up, if you are considering it.

So far I'm OP - hope everyone's doing the same!
Tricia Fierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 04:04 PM   #49  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Tricia - I hope you can get rid of your stress soon. You are so right that stress can prevent you from losing. I really liked following the Simply Filling plan when I did it. I hope you see good results with it. I've been reading about the changes to WW. My At Work session ended yesterday and I haven't renewed it.

Have a great weekend ladies and let's all stay OP
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 10:55 PM   #50  

Friday Dec 9
B= 2 c milk, vits, poptart
S= fruit
D=Sloppy Joe Pizza = leftover sloppy joe sauce, cabbage, corn, ched + moz cheese {not a big success, I make pizza every Friday out of leftovers and always feel very Iron Chef while trying to make it work} + 1 cookie
S=Cereal
E= 40min LB + 10min yoga

Right= exercised, waited for hunger, shared cereal with April

Regret= skipped lunch, wanted to do some more cardio but didn't.

Tricia, good job recognizing the source of your stress and taking steps to counteract it.
Old 12-10-2011, 08:20 AM   #51  
Stay Focused & Committed

Good morning to everyone checking in today. I've got plans for a great OP day. Eating will be good and I'm planning to do a FIRM Express workout and a short walk.

Today's Journal

B: banana, greek yogurt, coffee w/1/2 C skim milk & flavored creamer
L: Lean Cuisine, coffee
D: turkey breast on sandwich round w/1 tsp mayo, mustard & sliced cuccumber, 1 C Progresso soup, 2 dove dark chocs
S: 1 clementine, pear, 1 serv Pop Chips, 1/2 serv Mud Slide
Exercise: Walked for 1 hr 10 mins

Last edited by GettinFit; 12-10-2011 at 05:52 PM.
Old 12-11-2011, 12:36 AM   #52  

Sat Dec 10
Brunch= 2 c milk, vits, 1 egg, 2 french toast made from homemade cinnamon bread
L= homemade chicken/veggie soup, 1 bread, 2 choc truffles
D= 1 cup potato/steak soup. extra cheese, 3 clementines
S= cheese and crackers.
E= short dog walk

Right= mostly waited for hunger, got in the dog walk

Regret= didn't get much done on to-do list, slept very late, cheese and crackers snack, staying up to late!

Gettin, how do you only eat one clementine?? Hubby will go get two, I'll steal one of his, he gets two more, I steal another one, he goes back for more and I steal another.Then April sits there looking so cute and I have to toss her a slice or two.
Old 12-11-2011, 09:01 AM   #53  
Stay Focused & Committed

Good morning ladies

Penguin - You are right, those little things are so good and I love them. BTW, great job on all your "rights" last week. Keep up the great work.

I should have an easy day today. No challenges. My only challenge will be to make sure to get in my Firm workout today. I'm stuck on walking but I really need to include some Firms.

I ordered some new Firm workouts and I can't wait to get them. They are 20 minute express workouts by Allie Del Rio. She is one of my favs.
http://www.firmdirect.com/firm/p/Tim...ardio-DVD.html

I hope everyone has a great OP Sunday

My Journal

B: Lower Sugar Oatmeal, skim milk, coffee w/flavored creamer
S: banana, clementine, 100 cal almonds
L: Chicken breast, roasted potatoes, brocolli
D: Turkey on sandwich round w/1 tsp mayo & honey mustard, RF cheese
Exercise: FIRM Express
Old 12-11-2011, 11:12 AM   #54  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

Hi ladies! It sounds like everyone is doing really great. Nothing new to report here...I've been walking on the treadmill a lot since it's been so cold outside. I really miss running outside. When I run on the treadmill I get extra warm and sweat a lot more than I do when I run outside, so it's not always the most fun...so, I've been walking on it a little more. I hope you all have a great rest of the weekend.
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 02:26 PM   #55  

Emme, my treadmill is facing a wall. I have a box fan sitting on the 'engine compartment' propped up against the wall so it blows air directly on me. That keeps me cool. Be sure to test it to make sure it will stay; mine has 'feet' and I stick the feet in the grooves that decorate {and collect dust} the cowling.

Gettin, Someone in my Firm checkin on VideoFitness posted a link to that workout too. I'm inteterested but waiting for it to go to retail. It looks good. I like Allie also.
Old 12-11-2011, 03:15 PM   #56  
To the Future

S/C/G: 230/ticker/145

1. I want to be 195 by the end of December. (merely overweight, rather than obese)
2. Run 3x a week on the Ease to 10K running plan. (currently on week 2)
3. I'll probably check this thread everyday because I'm obsessed with 3FC .
aka8941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 07:36 PM   #57  
Stay Focused & Committed

Aka - Your goals for Dec are great! I look forward to hearing about your daily successess.

Emme & Penguin, I'm glad you ladies are having a good weekend. Today has been good for me and I did get my workout in today. I had to force myself to get up and get it done this afternoon but I'm glad I did.

Enjoy the rest of the evening everyone.
Old 12-11-2011, 08:33 PM   #58  
Just One Day!

S/C/G: 270/ticker/150

Height: 5'6''

Happy Weekend! (even if it is over)

I have had an amazing weekend! We got all the choices for the house done, and once permits clear they will begin construction!!

Yesterday was a perfectly lazy day-literally sat on the couch watching netflix ALL DAY then went to dinner with the in-laws.

Today our church hosted a meeting on the street downtown that is considered the most poverty-stricken and dangerous street in the city after our regular meeting. It was amazing! Flocks of people came to the live worship and received prayer. Nothing better than a revival in the streets!!

As for being on plan...it was a no plan weekend...and I gained a lb. I am going to start induction phase of Atkins tomorrow to get my body into fat burning mode! NO more cheat days (until Christmas, on which I must indulge in some of the fabulous foods being presented!).
tavvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 11:28 PM   #59  

Dec 11, Sun
B= 2 french toast, whipped cream, coffee
L=Jason's Deli, Plain Jane potato, cup of Texas chili poured over
D= Panera Steak and Cheese paninni
S= poptart, 2 choc truffles.
E= none

Right= stopping at 2 slices of toast! didn't order the yummy peppermint cookie at Panera

Regret= I feel like I ate a lot overall today, but when I write it out it doen't look that bad. I did eat too much at lunch, I was full but kept eating, I should have stopped and taken the rest home. I usually skip breakfast on Sun because we go right to lunch after service. No exercise.

Hubby made french toast out of my cinnamon bread for breakfast today! I have a huge list of things to do this weekend {or the next}, things we've been putting off week after week. But it was a pretty uneventful day here. Church, groc shopping and recycling done, but little else.

Tavvy, your revival sounds amazing!

Gettin, good job on the workout!

AKA, welcome, glad to have you join us!!
Old 12-12-2011, 09:37 AM   #60  
Stay Focused & Committed

Good morning ladies,

tavvy - Your new construction sounds so exciting. I know you can't wait 'til it's complete. I hope you have a successful day at day one of your induction phase. You can do it!!!

Penguin - I hear 'ya on the list of things to do. I have so much on my list but i'm just going to tackle one at a time 'til they're all done. I did accomplish some outdoor work in the yard on Saturday. This week I will focus on the inside and I'm hitting one room at a time. I hope you have a great OP day!

Aka - How's it going for you so far today?

Emme - I hope you're doing okay too. Have you been experiencing morning sickness? Hopefully not.

Last night I was in a snacking mood and I ended up eating too many Pop Chips. A total of 360 calories worth or the entire bag Even though it didn't put me over with my calories, I don't feel like I was in control and I am working to stay in control with my eating.

I'm planning on a nice OP day today which includes a Firm workout or a walk today.

I hope everyone else has a great OP day!