3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   Sarge's no Excuses and No Whining Bootcamp #19 - With a 2nd Drill Sargeant (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/247722-sarges-no-excuses-no-whining-bootcamp-19-2nd-drill-sargeant.html)

sumnerfan 12-04-2011 11:44 AM

You just say Hi, I'm new. My current weight is ________. This week I pledge to lose __________ lbs. Then you need to check in next Sunday with the amount you pledged and your actual loss. Of course, you can come here anytime throughout the week for support or to get Jeannettey's challenge. Welcome, I'm realitively new myself.

Thinsole 12-04-2011 11:45 AM

Weigh in- Pledged .5/ gained .2/ new pledge 2. Miles trekked 15. (updated on spreadsheet & logged)

I'm hungry for that 199 by 1/1/12.

Thinsole 12-04-2011 11:58 AM

loose seal- You can also head to our weight log in form
and put in your pledge.

Resolute- I know all about legs going the wrong way during in a fall. Ouch! I find myself walking like a penguin for about 3 months every year here in MI. Even with that I will windmill at least once this year.

Ennay- The idea of screw shoes is interesting but where I live I usually only get a little ice. Just enough so it's clear and you're good until you hit shade, lol.

Sindaena- Tae Kwon Do is awesome! Way to go for taking the class. I took a class on that a while back and it kicked my butt but was so much fun. Good luck with it!

Chickadee- Good luck!

Josey- Way to go on all the different exercises. You are so incredibly close to you goal. That's gotta feel awesome! Congratulations to getting where you are! Now move your butt the rest of the way!

Tate- I'm loving the sandblasted cooties!

I found a new trail to play on yesterday. Well, I've known about it for awhile but because it's really rural (like old paved railroad bed between fields and forest) I'd avoided it when I was by myself. Managed to con a friend into walking it with me yesterday. It's 7 miles one way between my town and the next and we went halfway before turning around. Lovely, flat, wide, with some pretty views. I am already planning to drag my family on a city to city hike!

Rated 12-04-2011 12:16 PM

pledged 0.5 / lost 0.6 / new pledge 0.5

ennay 12-04-2011 12:59 PM

NEW BURPEE CHALLENGE STARTS TOMORROW!!!!
Monday - do 1
Tuesday - do 2
Wednesday - do 3......see how far you can go adding 1 each day.

So far it is:
Ennay
sumnerfan
Thinsole
loose seal

Even if you dont want to do that challenge, tell us. WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO THIS WEEK TO CHALLENGE YOURSELF??? WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO MORE THAN LAST WEEK?

I am going to do the new yoga class twice
I am going to add 30 additional minutes of running spread throughout the week.
I am going to do the burpee challenge

SARG 12-04-2011 01:43 PM

"Welcome Loose Seal"

As a newbie you can post your pledge for this here and we'll add you to the spreadsheet later.

loose seal 12-04-2011 02:04 PM

Ok, thanks for the tips. I did fill out the form in the link Thinsole posted.

This week: pledge to lose 1.5 lbs.

Will do the burpee challenge.

Sindaena 12-04-2011 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ennay (Post 4128187)
Even if you dont want to do that challenge, tell us. WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO THIS WEEK TO CHALLENGE YOURSELF??? WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO MORE THAN LAST WEEK?

I am going to run my first "official" 5K on Saturday. I'm hoping the running store hosting packet pick-ups on Friday will provide more helpful information on things like exactly where we go on Saturday morning (because directions are to parking at a local park, but I live in walking distance and will be walking from a different starting point to race start...) and what to do with the timing chip, etc.

I dont expect anything great, my best pratice time is 33:21, so doubt I'll even break 30 minutes, but I'm still excited lol. If I can swing a bike for my birthday in Feb, I'm thinking about doing a sprint tri in June just to finish as well. :)

snarkysharky 12-04-2011 02:44 PM

ennay - I use myfitnesspal. As far as I've heard, it's pretty accurate. I averaged about 1600 cals this week, so at my weight I shouldn't have gained. I thought about it, and I think there were a few factors at play. I don't know what my deficit was for last week (just started tracking), but I think my last weigh in was artificially low. I always weigh three times and take the lowest number. I was surprised that I had lost 1.8 after Thanksgiving, and the scale spiked right after that (I'm a daily weigher). It went down as the week progressed, but yesterday was my cheat day and I ate late last night, so perhaps that's what did it. Meh.... +0.6 isn't the end of the world. Could have just been a fluke.

No burpees for me, but I will start taking the stairs. Gah!

Ksquared 12-04-2011 02:45 PM

Weigh in- Pledged 0/ lost 1/ new pledge 2. Miles trekked 11. (updated on spreadsheet & logged)

I lost all the weight from my November grieving. It's a New Month and time to be buckled into the wagon!

ennay 12-04-2011 03:24 PM

sindaena - hey no matter what your time it is a PR! Yes, the running store should be able to answer your questions. Jog a little bit on your walk there tomorrow, being loose and warm will make the run easier and faster.

Stairs stairs stairs!

Good job K2, welcome back to focus.

I'm going on a running shoe diet. The earlier discussion made me look at my log and I have 12 pairs on the list plus Vibrams (NOT including the 2 I ordered last week). An astounding 6 pairs are in the "almost but not quite dead" category, but I havent been using them for their assigned short or treadmill purpose. And another 2 I dont really like much but they are fine for short to medium. I need to start using them and kill them off. Heck I bet a couple pairs already went to running shoe heaven and I just forgot to remove them from the system.

Jeanettey 12-04-2011 05:08 PM

Weighing in

pledged 1 / gained 7 / pledge 0 (just going to maintain this month)

Not getting discouraged. It is what it is.

Jeanettey 12-04-2011 05:26 PM

Jeanettey's Mid-week challenge

Drop and Gimme

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20...reciation2.jpg

Completed by Josey, Rainbow, Peanutt and Ennay.

Completed twice by Chickadee and three times by Thinsole.

THANK YOU FOR PARTICIPATING!!! :carrot:

Tate 1984 12-04-2011 05:49 PM

Pledged 2/ gained 2.1/ new pledge - maintaining

solarplant 12-04-2011 09:57 PM

Weighing in!

Only down .3 pounds. I pledged 2.

I did burn 2900 calories this week in exercise alone. I guess my eating this week may have been slightly on the higher side. I will take control of that this week!

Pledging 1 for this upcoming week!