Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 03:26 AM   #121  
Michelle

S/C/G: 308.8/ticker/155

I'm back and caught up on my thread reading.

I wish I could say I had a nice break, but it wasn't really. I have a lot of family members and friends who do not want me to change Ever At All. So, when I turned up, a few pounds lighter, a lot fitter and a lot more energetic, the reaction was probing questions and heaps of negativity.

Makes me sad and angry, because I genuinely want them to be happy and healthy and successful at whatever they choose to do. Wish they could extend the same to me.

The end result of all of that, is that I'm happy to jump back into my regular life. I guess that's what a break is for anyway.

And, although I didn't have control of the food supply, I'm pretty sure I avoided any major hits. I am ridiculously proud of that.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:37 AM   #122  
Baby bump to hot mama!

S/C/G: 250/208.6/150

Height: 5'7

checking in again. We still exist. It's been an incredibly stressful week. Hubby had two huge blows- first we found out he didn't pass his enormously huge test that he must pass to keep his job. We found this out as the movers drove away with our things all packed up. So he will be finding out tomorrow what his options are to choose a new job (MOS) and hopefully it is a similar path. We are supposed to be out of our house on Wednesday, now we don't even know when/where we're going. Yay Army.

Second, he found out his grandpa has pancreatic cancer and that's extremely hard to take. We were supposed to visit them enroute to Texas for training but now that the training isn't happening, we have no idea if we'll be able to get him out to see his grandpa soon or not.

No excuses, but please keep him in your thoughts. We need the Army to give a little right now. Need to not be living in a hotel with my babies and none of our things indefinitely while they decide what to do. Seems easiest to let him retake the test since he's been an excellent student and has good grades and recommendations from his teachers, but they disagree.

Anyways, carry on. Just saying hello again until life resumes some kind of normalcy.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:43 AM   #123  
Maintaining Mommy

S/C/G: 280/128/<135

Height: 5' 4.5"

Happy Birthday, Resolute!!

K2: Congratulations on completing two miles!!

Platoon - WAY TO GO on achieving 112% of goal!!

BudgetBaby: I'm really sorry your friends and family aren't excited and supportive about the changes you're making. I'm proud of you for sticking to your plan even while surrounded by all of that this past week.

PacSunMama: I'm sorry it's so rough for you and your husband right now. I hope both the test/job situation and the health of family members improves.

Last edited by chickadee32; 09-12-2011 at 03:52 AM.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:22 AM   #124  
Living the Life

Good Morning Platoon!

Reso: Happy Birthday! Nice picture walk you gave us. Looks like a nice place to go walking.

Envelope: I can't remember is I did or not....but great job with the half marathon!! You rocked it.

BudgetBabe: We are proud of you!

Platoon: Great job hitting goal and more!

I started the day off with some yoga.
I'm off to pack my bag for lunch.

Keep going troops. We've got this!

Last edited by Cheshirecat; 09-12-2011 at 07:22 AM.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:12 AM   #125  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruby5839 View Post
Hello Sarge and everyone else! I'd like to join the platoon. I pledge to lose 1 lb for next week.
Welcome Ruby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksquared View Post
I DID IT.. WOOOHOO GO ME.
I JOGGED AN ENTIRE 2 MILES WITHOUT STOPPING!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudgetBaby View Post
And, although I didn't have control of the food supply, I'm pretty sure I avoided any major hits. I am ridiculously proud of that.
You should be extremely proud of that. Steaming piles of negativity stimulate appetite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacSunMama View Post

Anyways, carry on. Just saying hello again until life resumes some kind of normalcy.
hopefully things calm down for you soon

Waiting for the caffeine to kick in before I hit the gym
Old 09-12-2011, 09:18 AM   #126  
SARGE

S/C/G: 224.5/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

Morning Troops!

One look back as we move forward this week! CONGRATS ON ALL THOSE LOSSES!!!!

Sarge is disturbed, however, on a few of the regular platoon members going AWOL....

PLEDGES WEEK 9/4-9/11

Anon = 1 /// (-1)
Dzak = 1.5 /// (-1.6)
Brown = 1
Mya = 1.5 /// (-1.4)
Ennay = 1 /// -0-
Josey = 1 /// (-2) YAY!!
Skinny = 1
Sarati = 1 /// +1
MindyMoo = 1
Shake = 1
Kuri = 1 /// (-.6)
Rated = 1.2 /// (-1.4)
Peanutt = .5 //// (-.6)
Ksquared = 2 /// (-2)
Chesh = .5 //// -0-
Rmc = 1 //// (.9)
Munchey = 2 /// (-2)
Reso = 1 /// (-1)
Joyful = .5 /// (-.5)
Kneed = 1.5
Chick = 1 //// (-4) FANTABULOUS!
Ries = 1
K3 = 1
Diyana = 1
Kitty = 1 /// (-3)
Jeanettey = 3 /// (-3) SWEET!

Newbies:
SewWhat = .5 /// (-.4)
Tate = 2 /// (-3) NICE!
KittKatt/ "Earl" = 1 //// (-1)
Darel = 2 /// (-3.2) WOOT! WOOT!
Proatthis = 2.5 /// (-2)

Maintainers/Coffee Break/Vacations
Sarge
Pokey
MadamB
Iamerican (-5.4)
Chick
Rainbow
Celrae
PacSun
Envelope / Hospital (-4.2)
Budget

TOTAL PLATOON GOAL FOR WEEK: 38.2 LBS. - 7.5 from AWOL troops = 30.7 /// Net Loss so far = 43.2 / 137%

Pledges 9/11-9/17:

Chick = 1
Peanutt = 1.6
KitKat-Earl = 1
Josey = 1
Budget = 2
Sarati = .5
Rmc = .5
Mya = 1
ennay = .4
Jeanettey = 4 Impressive pledge!
Anon = .5
Iamerican = 1
Ksquared = 2
Rated = .8
Kitty = 2
Chesh = .5
Tate = 3
Joyful = .5
Dzak = 1.5
Kuri = 1
Munchey = 2
DarelRex= 2
Envelope = 1
SewWhat = .5
Proathis = 1
Shaka = 1
Dreamer = 1

Returner/Newbies:
Kris2008 = 2
FitGirl = 1
Ruby = 1
Lisa = 4

Maintainers/Coffee Break/Vacations
Sarge
Pokey
MadamB
Rainbow
Celrae
PacSun
Reso

TOTAL PLATOON GOAL = 41.5

100 lb. goal buddies / First to lose 100lbs wins!: Jeanettey (-35), Me1st (-4), Diyana (-16.5), KittyKat (-20)

JUST DOING IT! TOTAL NUMBER OF WEEKS MADE GOAL/PLEDGE Envelope (x8) vs. Josey (x6)

FIRST TO 100 CHEAT FREE DAYS: Dreamer (56) vs. Jeanettey (63)

Race to 20! (started 8/15/11): KittyKat ( 5 ), K3 ( 5.9 ), Envelope (4.2), Kneed (4 ), PacSun (1.2 ), Ksqared ( -6 ), Jeanettey ( 13 ), Dreamer (-6.8)

First to 155 (started 8/15/11): Anon (189.6) , Josey (178)

Platoon's Fitocracy.com leader board: http://www.fitocracy.com/group/674/

BLACK OPS TEAM IN TRAINING FOR FALL BL CHALLENGE/FALL SHOW STARTS 9/20: Rated, Ries, Josey, Rainbow, Anon, PacSun, Ksquared, Pokey, Joyful, Dzak, Jeanettey, Chick, Ennay, Peanutt, Sarati, Dreamer, Rmc, Diyana, KittKatt, Tate, Envelope, FitGirl, Budget, Celrae, K3, Sewhat, Sarge, Kitty

Peanutt -- 10K in September
Envelope-- 1/2 Marathon (9/10), 10K (9/25), 10miler (10/22)
Pokey - Urbanathon (11/5)
Riestrella -- 10K (8/14), 5K (9/24), 10K (10/16), 1/2 Marathon (11/6)
Joyful -- 10k (9/11), 5k (9/18), MARATHON (10/9)
RMC -- 5K (9/18)

__________________________________________________ ______

For those new to our Platoon Trek, we left base camp on 5/15/2011...

Leg 1: Trek Across America via American Discovery Trail: 5,048 miles Mission Complete
(Here's the link so you can think about how far each of you has trekked individually: http://walking.about.com/cs/beginner...walkingadt.htm
This leg completed on 8/1/2011 by 32 members contributing miles.

Leg 2: On 8/7/2011 22 platoon members left the Golden Gate Bridge headed to Osaka, Japan.

Here's the current course:
Golden Gate Bridge across Pacific Ocean to Osaka, Japan (5372.218 miles) -- 3,561.15 complete
Oasaka to Great Wall of China (1565.896)
Great Wall to Great Pyramids in Egypt (4298.751)
Pyramids to The Coloseum in Italy (1323.483)
Italy to Barcelona, Spain (1323.483)
Barcelona across the Atlantic back to Delaware, our starting point in Trek America (3966.18) for a grand total = 24,625 miles.

WE'VE STILL GOT 1,811.06 LEFT TO GO IN OPEN WATER

Last edited by JayTee; 09-15-2011 at 08:39 PM.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:23 AM   #127  
SARGE

BLACK OPS BIGGEST LOSER CHALLENGE STARTS NEXT WEEK!!!

Black Ops Team Biggest Loser Rules:

1) Will use weigh-in from 9/18 for starting weights and continue to weigh-in on Sundays. The Biggest Loser begins on 9/20 on NBC. Our final weigh-in will be on 12/18 (one week longer than the show so that we stay focused and max out our Holiday Sexy Beast bodies!).

2) % of body weight lost each week will be calculated on our platoon spreadsheet. On Wednesday mornings we'll compare Sarge's Black Ops team percentages to both the TV show and the red & blue teams on the 3FC BL thread. Our Black Ops team is not welcome to participate on the the BL thread but we shall play along here in our interactive Boot Camp nonetheless!

I know we discussed eliminating people each week based on lowest % of weight loss or "fell below the yellow line" like the show, but as a few people pointed out, it would be a pity to derail the overall weight loss effort of a player if they had worked really hard 12 out of 13 weeks.

These are the players who have enlisted in the Black Ops team: Rated, Ries, Josey, Rainbow, Anon, PacSun, Ksquared, Pokey, Joyful, Dzak, Jeanettey, Chick, Ennay, Peanutt, Sarati, Dreamer, Rmc, Diyana, KittKatt, Tate, Envelope, FitGirl

Let me know if I missed anyone! That's it...GAME ON!

Last edited by JayTee; 09-12-2011 at 01:07 PM.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:27 AM   #128  
SARGE

One last post from chatty Sarge...

Budget & Pac Sun -- sometimes you just gotta scream out ... THE PEOPLE AROUND ME ALL SU*K RIGHT NOW! Go ahead, do it...because from what I read in your posts, it's true!

Ksquared--YAY on non-stop running!!!! Many of us have been there for those feel great moments!

Reso--Agree with Chesh! Thanks for the virtual walk photos. Sarge is gonna remember that sink hole as a place to hide a few bodies!

Later troops...the gym is SCREAMING my name...
Old 09-12-2011, 09:51 AM   #129  
MELTIN' MY BUTT-ER BUNS

S/C/G: 199.6/139.4/135-140

Height: 5' 4.5"

IT'S A NEW WEEK
FOR A
NEW YOU

Reso: Love the pics!! and SINK HOLES . . . NOT GOOD!!! You used the loofah on you face??? OUCH!!!

BudgetBaby: Way to hang tough . . . Unfortunately in this journey you will find that people don't want you to change, they want to you to stay the same, friends and family alike. Unfortunately, some friends may no longer be in your life at the end of the journey, but you will surely pick up some new ones along the way. REMEMBER, YOU MUST STAY STRONG throughout!!! You're off to a great start, and you should be PROUD!!!

Rated: Way to figure it out while in school . . . always tough . . . but as you're proving . . . doable!!!

PacSun: That's all I can do. Having been in the Air Force, I completely understand . . . <sigh> Hang tough, things WILL work out, meanwhile take care of those babies and YOURSELF!!! oh, hubby too

Ruby NOW GET TO IT PRIVATE, TIME TO MELT SOME BUTT-ER!!!

Munchey: ALWAYS love your artwork!!! (especially since I'm technically challenged . . . )

KK-squared: 2 miles . . . CAN YOU SAY 5K!!!!

ennay: I laughed when I saw this "Steaming piles of negativity stimulate appetite" . . . of course I was seeing "piles" . . .

envelope: CONGRATULATIONS on the time, I know it isn't quite what you wanted, but I am SOOOOOOOOOO AMAZED by all you runners!!!

Jeanettey: DOWN 3 . . . Keep the momentum going!!!

K3: Where are you??? Are you OK???

Riestrella: Hmmmm, I think you may be missing too!!

DO WE NEED TO FIRE UP THE APACHE HELICOPTER!! WE HAVEN'T DONE THAT IN A WHILE . . .

OK troops, I'm sure I've missed a few of you, but I must GET MY GOO ON!! Arms and back are feeling the weights from yesterday . . . SARGE, I may need to borrow that walker . . . LOLOLOLOLOL

LATER ALL . . . oh, cold weather arriving tomorrow (ok, cool weather) but it is definitely the start of things to come . . . AND THAT 4 LETTER WORD SN*W . . .
Old 09-12-2011, 09:52 AM   #130  
Suck it up, buttercup!

S/C/G: 237/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Nice job everybody on blowing through another week's goal!

Welcome Ruby!

Budgetbaby - Do let the comments drag you down! Be proud of what you achieved and keep doing what you are doing!

Pacsun - So sorry to hear!

K2 - WTG! Good job!

Edit: Oh and I forgot to mention, I am really excited because I might get the chance to meet the elusive peanutt IRL soon!! Wooooo!

PS: Cooties everywhere out there on the forum today, I think I stay right here in the boot camp!

Last edited by josey; 09-12-2011 at 09:53 AM.
Old 09-12-2011, 10:00 AM   #131  

S/C/G: 166/163.6/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi All,

Sorry for the late post. I am really just figuring this out, and yesterday morning kept trying to post in the old thread! (Old dog learning new tricks here, guys. )

Lost: .4
Pledge: .5

I bought a new scale this week, and when I first stepped on it, I weighed 166.6, and I got that down to 165.6, so I'm really glad. I am only reporting a .4 loss, though, because my starting weight on my old scale was 166. I worked out this weekend, ate really well yesterday, and got at least 3 miles done.

Jeanettey, I know I am too late to have officially completed your challenge, but I do want you to know that I did one set of each of your BOOM SHACKA LACKA exercises. Thank you for the challenge.

I will try to be a bit more talkative as I get more familiar with this site, but I want you to know I am still hear, still committed, and still losing weight.
Old 09-12-2011, 10:03 AM   #132  

S/C/G: 252/225/180

Height: 5'9

PacSunMama- Thanks for sharing. Now is a good time to think about taking care of yourself and make some plans. What kind of exercise routine you will do while you are moving and how will you make healthy food choice. Then plan for the future.
Old 09-12-2011, 10:41 AM   #133  

S/C/G: 208/203/140

Height: 5' 5"

Just a quick check in - morning workout done, food fixed for the day and cool breeze blowing in the windows. Feels so good!

Happy Monday everyone!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg quote1.jpg (40.7 KB, 2 views)
Old 09-12-2011, 11:55 AM   #134  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Height: 5'4"

Yikes! I missed a bunch of posts over the weekend! Had a crazy weekend with work, but now should have a quieter few months as the museum is shut down for the fall.

Did the longest run I've ever done on Saturday (4.2 miles). I planned a route around the neighbourhood that would include a couple of decent hills. Then as I was running, I realized that there were 2 extra hilly bits that I had forgotten about when planning the route. So it ended up being quite a hilly run and a bit slower than intended, but felt so good. Today's fast and flat 2 miles will seem like a treat!

When I was running up one of those hills a cyclist was coming down the hill. He yelled out at me "You look fierce!" as he rode by. I guess I was really attacking that hill. LOL

Congrats to all the big losers this week!! Great work on all the non-scale victories - runs, workouts, etc.

Giant happy birthday wishes, Reso!!! What an awesome year you have ahead of you as your new healthy and fit self!!

josey - Elusive? Are you trying to tell me I haven't posted enough lately?

Just took a gander through everyone's results on the board and spreadsheet. Looks like a few people not quite on track and hitting their intended results need to re-evaluate and get some things figured out. I hope that each week people not meeting their pledges or not happy with their results are taking a look back and ensuring that they're doing everything they need to do to stay successful. Accountability and reporting your results is only part of the equation!

Missing privates....where are youuuuuu????
Old 09-12-2011, 12:52 PM   #135  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

Sarge - I know I'm still a newbie, but if you'll let me I'd like to be on your BlackOps team.

PacSun - I am an air force brat and an air force wife with an elderly father who is half the country away from me right now (thank goodness that I have brothers living with and close by him), so I know how hard it can be. I hope you won't let it derail you, stay strong!
Closed Thread