Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 10:35 PM   #46  
Maintaining Mommy

S/C/G: 280/128/<135

Height: 5' 4.5"

My legs are sooooo sore tonight after strength training at the gym on Wednesday and then the lunges and squats last night! But I sucked it up and went to the gym anyway and did my time on the treadmill. My husband even came with me, which he's only done once before - he seemed to have a good time, so I hope he'll come more often.

Off to a late movie tonight (Contagion). Hope everyone had a great Friday!

Last edited by chickadee32; 09-10-2011 at 09:48 AM.
Old 09-09-2011, 11:28 PM   #47  
Bonettey

S/C/G: 384/375/150

Height: 5' 11"

Jeanettey's mid-week challenge

BOOM SHACKA LACKA LACKA

Completed by the following platoon members

Sarati, Ksq, Joyful, MadamB, ennay, KK Earl, rmc, Sarge, Proa,

Peanutt, imerican, and Chickadee

Let me know if I missed anyone.

( EXTENSION ) You have thru Saturday to complete it.

Thank you for participating!!!

Last edited by Jeanettey; 09-10-2011 at 11:25 PM.
Old 09-10-2011, 12:48 AM   #48  
Kandie Apple Sundae

S/C/G: 225/180/150

Height: 5 foot 2

I had a little win tonight.

a readers digest history....My Parents weaned me off the bottle with Coca Cola. I have been addicted ever since.. 30 some odd years.

I have been trying to wean myself off and stick to water. I do partake in one now and again, a girl has to have her guilty pleasures. Anyways...tonight my friend had a full fridge of nice, icy cold cokes. I fed the dog, the cat, washed the dishes and completely forgot I was going to grab one for later! And I didn't even regret it!

Time for Jeanetty's challenge and my 2nd C25K for the night.
Old 09-10-2011, 07:51 AM   #49  
SARGE

S/C/G: 224.5/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

Morning Troops! Yes, it's time again to...WAKE UP & WIN!

That's right KK-Earl, hanging with positive, winning peeps makes the whole weight loss journey much easier.... figure out your food, get active, and enjoy a laugh now and then. That's the platoon formula!

Now strap on those lime green, glow-in-the-dark combat boots, tighten up those 15-hole belts and have at those last chance workouts...

Old 09-10-2011, 08:38 AM   #50  
MELTIN' MY BUTT-ER BUNS

S/C/G: 199.6/139.4/135-140

LAST CHANCE WORKOUTS

CRUSH IT!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 52300334_K0uO64AE_c.jpg (23.8 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by MadamButterfly; 09-10-2011 at 08:38 AM.
Old 09-10-2011, 08:43 AM   #51  
Tactless but Honest :)

S/C/G: 188/178.6/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning,

I have been MIA this week due to child drama. I've been lurking but mostly I'm very busy. I will be around, making pledges and such but probably not much else for now.

Happy day to all.
Old 09-10-2011, 10:07 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 179/ticker/135

Alrighty then. Got food in check. Walking really fast/ellipticalling/stair climbing/Jillianing - check. Signed up for BL Fall Challenge - check. Now that I am resolute (emulating THE Resolute), I am ready for no whining and getting 'er done.

Please accept my pledge of 2 pounds this week.
Old 09-10-2011, 10:27 AM   #53  
At it again

Morning all! Back from gym. It's gorgeous here today, so I walked there and back. Next on the agenda? Laundry and cleaning. Hate doing it, but love when it's done. After that, I should work, but I'm not feeling it today, so perhaps a bike ride instead.

Ksquared - WTG on resisting the coke. That can be a serious addiction.

Josey - that belt is a great measure of your success. Hope all turns out ok with the doc.

ennay - love the running shoes. I've never been very active, so have only ever had one pair of athletic shoes at a time. Now, I wear them 24/7 and have needed to invest in more than one pair - such a dumb thing, but it makes me feel like a real athlete.

chick - glad your hub enjoyed the gym. When I first joined our gym, I signed up for the family plan, knowing we definitely wouldn't all go. But, there wasn't a significant difference in price and I'd hoped the membership would inspire the rest of the family. I think I went a full month myself or with one of the kids before my skeptical husband gave it a go. Now, he's addicted and it's something we really enjoy doing together.

All of you serious runners really do make me try harder, so thanks for that.
Old 09-10-2011, 11:45 AM   #54  
Living the Life

Morning Troops!
Wonderful day here.
I woke up not wanting to do anything, but put my run gear on and milled around the house.

Finally pulled myself together and went out the door. 12 miles done! And of course I feel great for it!

So get out there and make it happen.
Old 09-10-2011, 12:43 PM   #55  
MELTIN' MY BUTT-ER BUNS

S/C/G: 199.6/139.4/135-140

OK, Troops, just a quickie . . . (haven't done that in a while . . . )

Went for my bike ride, apparently it's a BIG yard sale weekend here. So I stopped at a few. At one of the yard sales, a woman was asking me about the biking; how far did I ride, etc . . . and THEN she said:

You look REALLY FIT!! OH, THAT MADE MY DAY!!! WIN . . . WIN . . . WIN for ME!!!

OK, things are quiet here . . . hope everyone is out MELTIN' SOME BUTT-ER . . .

WEIGH-INS TOMORROW!!!
Old 09-10-2011, 02:42 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 208/203/140

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadamButterfly View Post
You look REALLY FIT!! OH, THAT MADE MY DAY!!! WIN . . . WIN . . . WIN for ME!!!
Way to go! I LOVE THIS!!!!
Old 09-10-2011, 02:46 PM   #57  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksquared View Post
. Anyways...tonight my friend had a full fridge of nice, icy cold cokes. I fed the dog, the cat, washed the dishes and completely forgot I was going to grab one for later! And I didn't even regret it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshirecat View Post

Finally pulled myself together and went out the door. 12 miles done! And of course I feel great for it!
Maybe you were just waiting for it to be morning out west so we could virtually run together

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadamButterfly View Post

You look REALLY FIT!! OH, THAT MADE MY DAY!!! WIN . . . WIN . . . WIN for ME!!! .
Old 09-10-2011, 02:49 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 208/203/140

Height: 5' 5"

Up and out early this morning. We had our monthly food coop delivery which is always a big deal. Cases and cases and cases of food! Plenty of exercise unloading that truck!

I didn't get my workout in until after lunch and it was a good reminder of why I normally work out before anyone else gets up. I must have been interrupted 4 or 5 times. I need to remember this every morning when I roll over and try to get 5 more minutes of sleep.

Off to finish up the laundry and organize my closet. It's time to get rid of some clothes that don't fit anymore!
Old 09-10-2011, 04:08 PM   #59  
Suck it up, buttercup!

S/C/G: 237/165/165

Height: 5'8"

@Kris - Welcome to the crazy ones!

@RMC - Thanks! & yes, I love my belt now :-)

@MadamB - quickie? LOL, that had to come from you ;-) Congrats on the "very fit" comment. Nice WIN!!

Oh, and I finally bought a bike!!!! Didn't really plan it, well, I was looking but they were all too expensive for what I want. I have never been keen on biking, especially hills (oh all those hills here!!) and gravel roads. But I saw this amazing sale and I just wanted one really badly suddenly. So, now I got a bike!! Woohoo! I might take it for a spin tonight if I can find that **** pump! Grrrr! I have one, well had one, years ago and it is hiding from me...

Edit: Bike photo:

Any idea for a name? It model is called Hydra but I don't like that...

Last edited by josey; 09-10-2011 at 05:38 PM. Reason: too excited to type properly I guess
Old 09-10-2011, 05:40 PM   #60  
gecko girl

S/C/G: 306/288.8/150

Height: 5' 5.5"

Default Shocked my lacka and boomed my lacka!

I did it! I did it!

50 Lunges (looked like me lurking around but thats ok)
50 Push Ups (already used to doing these)
50 Crunches (I definately crunched some stuff)
50 Butter Burners (sizzled my butter and thighs)
50 Calve Lifts (They complained a little but got over it)

Congrats to everyone working hard this week. I look forward to everyone's great loss tomorrow.

Thanks to everyone for the welcome notes. I am getting used to all your names and sense of humor. I also really like the different tickers to show the great strides everyone is making. Reso is my Hero!

For Sarge, I would like to join your Global Trek. 3.25 miles on tread mill and another 2.5 in walking at work for 5.75 miles this week.
I would like to join the black ops team for biggest loser challenge.

Kitkatt- Remember to donate your clothes when you clean out your closet. The best part of losing is giving things away!

Madam Butterfly - Congrats on lookin fit!

C.Cat, way to run amuck!

Jeanettey, thanks for the inspiration. Your doing awesome and no ya ain't gonna catch me.

Last edited by Tate 1984; 09-10-2011 at 07:23 PM.
Closed Thread