Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 09:41 PM   #271  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

madam asked....What do you get when Peanutt & MadamGooeyB get together???

2 GOO GOO PEANUTT BUTT-ER GU-RU MASTERS!!!

madam...i'm hanging in there...thanks for thinking of me i've been doing some more walking!! you're kicking butt-er on fitocracy with sarge!! yeah!!

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 08-02-2011 at 10:24 AM.
Old 08-01-2011, 10:44 PM   #272  
Getting my life back

S/C/G: 192.2/ticker/120

Height: 5'

Whoa man... it is SOOOO HOT right now!
I'm cutting calories down to 1200 for now and doing small exercises like light walking and easy bike rides, maybe yoga. I've been dizzy and faintness.
Drinking a ton of ice water and taking it easy. I also might be getting sick. ><
Still OP though! And still doing something, so I bet I'll lose my 1 lb come Sunday.

Anyway, Congrats to everyone for the trek across America. How's a European trip sound this time? HMMMM!?!?

Congrats for 100lbs lost Peanut

Sorry about your dog Envelope. I just recently went threw a fiasco with my pooch. He didn't need to be put down, but I was soooo scared. They are members of the family. I bet your pooch had a good life.

Munchy, happy late B-day and sorry about the death in your family.

ONEDERLAND ANON! Congrats on that as well.

Sorry if I missed anyone.
I need to get some more water and some cold rags and ice. MAN SO HOT!
Old 08-01-2011, 11:21 PM   #273  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Height: 5'4"

Goooooey! I'm dying to know the answer to your riddle. My guess is.....awesomesauce. That's what you get when peanutt and MadamGoo get together.
Old 08-02-2011, 12:52 AM   #274  

S/C/G: 183/ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

I want to know the answer too... I really like rainbowsmiles guess even though I want chocolate everytime I look at her post!

I feel pretty good tonight. I was going to skip working out since I burnt my shoulder and thought that putting on a sports bra would really hurt them but I did it anyways and it wasn't that bad. Old me would have used that as an excuse but no anymore especially since Sarge would yell at me for making excuses.
Old 08-02-2011, 12:54 AM   #275  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

Hi platoon -

started my new job today - it's been crazy.
starting my new gym membership tomorrow

good night all
Old 08-02-2011, 01:00 AM   #276  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

Is it weird that instead of that goo goo picture making me want chocolate it makes me cringe? Sweets just don't sound good anymore....
Old 08-02-2011, 02:32 AM   #277  

Height: 5'5"

Dreamer, I'll take some of what you're having

Anon, congrats on ONEDERLAND!

MadameB, awww, biking with baby deer? I'm jealous.

dcapulet, congratulations on the new job and the new gym!

Day ONE with no eating out, and I turned down 2 lunch offers already. It's like people sensed that I was trying to give it up. This is gonna be tougher than I thought, but unless it's got a calorie count or it's packed with me from home, I'm not eating it. I felt pretty darn good today, got in a workout and an entire day of eating lots of healthy, whole foods.

Hope everyone has a good day tomorrow!
Old 08-02-2011, 02:41 AM   #278  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

joyful...I wish I knew what it was that was doing that! I have friend trying to lose weight too and for the life of me have no idea why she isn't losing it except maybe her metabolism is shot. She finds it easier to exercise when shes on the phone so I will talk to her on the phone while she exercises (free weight exercise bike) which means I know how strenuous her workout is and how long she works out for her food is on point and her workouts are too cant figure it out. If I knew what was making me like this Id gladly tell her so she can fix it and all of you too! I want us aaallll to have success! Sure I had an ice cream cone yest and a doughnut last sunday for my moms bday but in general...sweets just don't appeal to me anymore...go figure. I think it is cause I don't eat processed carbs anymore?

anywho im off to bed so I can melt more butt-er tomorrow! Sleep well ya'll and g'morning to ya our uker (rie) have a pleasant day!
Old 08-02-2011, 04:40 AM   #279  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Got my 3 mile run today after knocking my 5 mile run out of the park yesterday. My pace was great at the end, but perhaps I was a bit too slow to begin with because I didn't want to tire myself out. But I made it, and did a sprinting finish too =D.

---

MadamB - Had quite a good giggle to myself imagining you racing a baby deer on your bike!! Sounds like you had an awesome time!!

Rated - I know what you mean! I used to be like "Well it's so hot outside, I don't want to collapse in the heat" or "Well it's raining, I don't want to slip and fall into the canal" or "Well I've got work later, I just want to relax" - all EXCUSES! We can and shall make the time and just do it!! =D
Old 08-02-2011, 05:01 AM   #280  
Baby bump to hot mama!

S/C/G: 250/208.6/150

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanettey View Post

And PacSunmama

Thanks for the welcomes! Off to a good start this week... My hubs is getting a kick out of this group. He is still in training (his training is almost 3 years long!!) and he already has his career "planned." He very badly wants to be a drill sergeant.

I told him that I'm his first pet project or he can't do it.

I better have a six-pack washboard tummy by next week.

Last edited by PacSunMama; 08-02-2011 at 05:05 AM.
Old 08-02-2011, 06:03 AM   #281  
Fighting to be Fit

Height: 5'3.5" Age: 22

Bit of a slow day today. Ended up going to sleep at 10 AM and not waking up til 4pm. Still hit the gym to do 30 mins Elliptical and 15 mins Bike. They were really really packed when we went in, and to top it off, today was their "Pizza day". Yes, my gym has free pizza once a week, as well as free bagels once a week on mornings. Personally I find this underhanded, but I guess they've got to stay in business somehow, considering they only charge $10/month. The smell of pizza was more annoying than tempting, and it seriously pissed me off. I didn't want it, not even a tiny bit, and was pleased the BF didn't stop for a slice either.

I was just about to turn in for the evening when I decided I should seriously do something more than that quick stint to the gym today. Popped in the JM 30DS and felt great for doing it. I also had some fun NSV's today noticing how much I've improved physically when it comes to certain activities. For instance, I remember a time that 30DS would have crippled me! After not doing it in so long, I expected it to do just that. Instead it felt like a fun, light exercise to end the evening. Looking forward to doing more JM videos from now on, including the Shred.

G'night Platoon!

Last edited by UrthWurm; 08-02-2011 at 06:08 AM.
Old 08-02-2011, 08:08 AM   #282  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

I found an awesome quote this morning, and I just had to share! In fact, it's so good, I added it to my signature.

"You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there."
~ Edwin Louis Cole
Old 08-02-2011, 08:23 AM   #283  

S/C/G: 222/156.0/145

Height: 5'7''

Morning Platoon,

Sorry for being quiet yesterday. I was having a bit of a migraine, which almost NEVER happens to me, but such is life. (Probably because I didn't sleep well back home all weekend.)

I am SO down to trek around the world. That would be an amazing thing to accomplish.

Welcome to all the new recruits!!

Envelope -- I am so sorry to hear of your loss. My best thoughts are being sent your way.

Peanutt -- Congrats on 100 lbs lost! You and Reso are such champs!!

Sarge, MadamB, Joyful -- Thank you so much! I did try to be a little stealthy with that one, but I really almost did a back flip when I looked at the scale and it settled with a 1-in the front. It didn't even teeter in the 200s, which was so gratifying!

Thank you everyone for the well wishes on no longer being OBESE! I was double looking forward to making it into ONEderland because I knew that was right around where my BMI would drop into the 29s.

Josey -- I am faaaar from an expert, and I am sure other people in this thread are really knowledgeable, but I will tell you what I've been doing! First, high reps at a low weight will tone your muscles, low reps at a high weight will build muscle. You cannot build muscle unless you are fatiguing your muscles. I usually do 3 or 4 sets depending on how tired I am and how much time I have. The first set I do high-rep, low-weight. (Usually 20 reps.) On each set, I aim for a weight that makes the last 4 reps really tough and the last 1 seem just impossible. If I cannot finish my reps, but make it within that "red zone" of my last 4 reps, I am ok with that. This first high-rep set is my "warm up" set and gets my blood really flowing in the muscle group I am working. My second set, I lower my reps and increase the weight I'm lifting, and I do this again for my third and fourth sets (if I'm doing a 4th set.) I rest for 30-45 seconds between sets, allowing myself to go up to a minute if I REALLY struggled to finish my previous set. (For optimal weight loss, you want your sets to take between 1 and 2 minutes, then you want to rest for no more than a minute, no less than 30 seconds.) I stretch during my rest in between sets. Usually my reps for my sets go something like 20, 16, 14, 10. I went to a website called freetrainers.com to get a customized routine. The site looks crappy and isn't programmed very well, but it gives you great custom workouts. My brother and bf usually look at my plan for the week and then tweak it a little bit, but in general I follow what they layed out for me. Also, when you do a rep, you want to pause for a second at the peak of the motion and really contract the muscle you are working to get the most out of the work you're doing. And don't forget to breathe while you're lifting!!

Ok, I am off to the gym, I will make sure the spreadsheet is updated with our new recruits by tomorrow morning. Hope everyone has an active, happy day!

Last edited by AnonymouslyYours; 08-02-2011 at 08:26 AM.
Old 08-02-2011, 08:31 AM   #284  
One man would not fall...

S/C/G: 400/223/190

Height: 5' 10"

Good morning everyone, forgot my miles yesterday 6.2 walking and 20.6 biking for 26.8 total.

As usual nothing much new, need to continue to attack my poor eating as of late, seems to be my biggest stumbling block, so thats the plan.

Not much time this morning but congrats on hitting wonderland Anon. Maybe it's just me but i was ecstatic at the time.

Time to get the ball rolling, make today count.
Old 08-02-2011, 08:35 AM   #285  
SARGE

S/C/G: 224.5/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

RISE & SHINE PLATOON! ANOTHER DAY TO GET IT DONE!

Urth--Gyms that serve free pizza should have their license revoked!

PacSun--Sarge will gladly allow your hubby to practice his drill sargenting skills with this platoon. Those who've been around this thread for awhile know that Sarge sometimes feels guiding this platoon is similar to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhT2S...7F54559EEB330D

Riestrella -- "a sprinting finish..." WTG!!!

Joyful -- I originally mis-read your last post about eating only foods which had a calorie "count"... I read it as calorie "court" and I thought what a great concept. Foods must appear in calorie court where they are judged before consumption...I had a whole inner dialogue going on in my mind.

Rated--You seem to be noticing it too, but having followed your posts since January you have really turned the corner and seem to be doing your own sprint to the finish! Very happy for you!

Dcap--Good luck on the new job!

peanutt--awesomesauce! lol

Kuri--Water! Lots & lots of water!

Anon--You rock! Can't believe we even have a personal "in" with fitocracy now... the owners of that site are so friendly...we traded several emails yesterday on how to make it better and even challenge other groups and such. We've made the world a better place...lol.

Gotta scoot now...coffee gone and by taking one lousy day off Joyful has crept within striking distance on fitocracy...

Make it happen troops! Like the poster says, no one grants your wishes so YOU better make them happen...

Closed Thread